Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I strongly suggest trying it. While I enjoyed DR1 on Xbox, I found it frustrating to play due to the time constraints. I picked up DR2 for PC and used a mod to speed up and slow-down time so I could just enjoy the game. I doubt I will play DR3 unless they remove the harsh time restrictions (or release it for PC).
Dead Rising 3 has a mode with no timer so the restrictions that you don't like are gone, they still have a mode with them as well, but now you can choose how to play it.

I would like to get forza. But been out of work for a while.. (Cut my finger off).. and my wife said i can only ger the system and one game.. How in the hell do u only pick one game! i say i need a new wife. Any cheapass girls on here?

Mr 40 year old vergin

Around my house my wife holds the balls. And my wallet.

And how did this get turned into a subject about balls. You keep them on your mind?

I would like to get forza. But been out of work for a while.. (Cut my finger off).. and my wife said i can only ger the system and one game.. How in the hell do u only pick one game! i say i need a new wife. Any cheapass girls on here?
You seem to like Call of Duty based on your avatar, so just get the hardened edition, and the console. The new map packs from the season pass should keep you busy and will satisfy your wife's one game limit. ;)

You seem to like Call of Duty based on your avatar, so just get the hardened edition, and the console. The new map packs from the season pass should keep you busy and will satisfy your wife's one game limit. ;)
I'd tweak the suggestion to say: buy the regular edition of Ghosts and get the season pass separately (59.99 game + 50 season pass = 109.99, savings of $10). Unless you really want the steelbook and think it's worth the $10, then go for Hardened..

I'm getting:

Battlefield 4

Dead Rising 3

and then either Need for Speed or Forza 5.  I need to see how much a jump there is between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version of NFS though.

Very curious to see if M$ adds a game to the US version of the X1.  That would be freaking sweet.  I'd take any game they offer, have a feeling it will be Madden which I don't have any interest in.  Still a great add-in.

why so negative kid? Was you mis-treated as a kid? gotta have hopes.
agreed. Microsoft has finally turned the press about the X1 around and is gaining some good will. Something like this would go even further in gaining peoples favor. They got the $$$ to do it, I think they will.

Fifa in Europe and either Titanfall or Ryse for the US. Most likely Ryse with all the negative press it has been getting and I'm sure it'll be based off of pre order numbers. They'll probably make it a free download for the first 2-3 weeks of the consoles launch to prevent people from just selling it. 

I'm getting Battlefield 4 and that's it. I'll play BF 4, GTA 5, and Splinter Cell BL on my 360 until more games come out for the X1

I'm sure most people would prefer Titanfall over Ryse, but since it's not even a launch game and MS is banking on it going gangbusters, I think chances are pretty low.

X1 launch titles look pretty sweet http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-launch

• Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
  • Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
  • Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
  • Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
  • FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
  • Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
  • Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
  • Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
  • Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
  • Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
  • Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
  • NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
  • NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
  • Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
  • Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
  • Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
  • Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
  • Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
  • Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
  • Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
And Killer Instinct Pricing

“Killer Instinct” for Xbox One will be free to download with one free playable character available. Additional characters will be available for purchase starting at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 each. 

Players can also purchase special discounted character packages:

Combo Breaker Pack –– Save 50 percent instantly by purchasing the Combo Breaker pack, which includes the first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release) for $19.99 / £16.99 / €19.99.

Ultra Edition – The Ultra Edition delivers the best value for “Killer Instinct” fans. Available for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99, the Ultra Edition includes: The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)

Character accessory packs
Character costumes
The original “Killer Instinct” arcade game

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shet! 

Ultra Ultra Ultra.... I love that game a little too much. I shall be getting that version ASAP.

And is it me or is that pricing really good for a fighting game?

And Killer Instinct Pricing

“Killer Instinct” for Xbox One will be free to download with one free playable character available. Additional characters will be available for purchase starting at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 each.

Players can also purchase special discounted character packages:

Combo Breaker Pack –– Save 50 percent instantly by purchasing the Combo Breaker pack, which includes the first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release) for $19.99 / £16.99 / €19.99.

Ultra Edition – The Ultra Edition delivers the best value for “Killer Instinct” fans. Available for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99, the Ultra Edition includes: The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)

Character accessory packs
Character costumes
The original “Killer Instinct” arcade game
any word on if there's a retail version and what it contains? interesting pricing route. also interesting that there's only 8 characters they have planned out right now.

And is it me or is that pricing really good for a fighting game?
Yeah, that's a good price, more like an arcade game rather than a full game, might be because of the 8 characters to start with.

any word on if there's a retail version and what it contains? interesting pricing route. also interesting that there's only 8 characters they have planned out right now.
I know that a retail version has been mentioned, but don't know what the edition/price would be, I would guess only the Ultra version would get a disc but who knows, as for the characters, they said they have more planned for future DLC after those 8 are all out.

Since Europe is getting Fifa i can only imagine the US getting Madden. Pre-Orders are probably really low for Madden, or maybe NBA Live.

My bad! Was doing it off my phone.

And once again. The same kid trying to make a joke. Thats not really funny at all.

Apologizes for the extremely lazy question, but is the official Microsoft store the only place to get a guaranteed day one edition anymore?

Oh shit. Original killer instinct? I really hope that isn't limited or anything. I will finally be able to un-hook my modded my OG Xbox!

Apologizes for the extremely lazy question, but is the official Microsoft store the only place to get a guaranteed day one edition anymore?

Pretty much... Or I saw something about Walmart instore preorders starting soon.

Looks like the US will be getting our own free game. When asked, Microsoft coyly said that today was just about Europe and they'd talk about the US soon.

Gamestop just opened up more...

More Xbox One Day One Editions Available!
First come, first served.
When they're gone,
they're gone 

I will update the wiki on the front page but Gamestop flipped the switch and started taking more pre-orders for the Xbox One today. No idea how long it will last (hours or days) but they are open again.

Edit: Ashane beat me to the news. So fitting that someone with a Pinkie Pie avatar beat someone with an Optimus Prime avatar to the punch!

I will update the wiki on the front page but Gamestop flipped the switch and started taking more pre-orders for the Xbox One today. No idea how long it will last (hours or days) but they are open again.

Edit: Ashane beat me to the news. So fitting that someone with a Pinkie Pie avatar beat someone with an Optimus Prime avatar to the punch!
0piepop beat you both to it a couple hours ago.

I was really hoping at gamescom they would tells us the release date already. I would like to know if I should get ghosts for the xbox one or the 360 for the midnight release!

now the ball is back on MS court.. can they beat that date? i sure hope so

And a digital pack in game would go a long way to making everyone happy

Because the launch is delayed for many there. I wouldn't count on a pack-in game for the X1 in NA unless something tragic happens.

I ordered a bundle from the website, I applied 200 in credit but the final check out page doesn't show it, I'm guessing it won't take it out till it ships? And if I want to add to the amount I've paid do I just call and give them the card number to add more to the balance?

I just preordered my Day One at GameStop!

But why is Europe getting Fifa 14 free? Are U.S. customers not getting anything?
Soccer is pretty dang popular in Europe, plus they already have an established market in NA. I feel like they have yet to fully get European gamers to jump on.

On a side note, I pre-ordered my Day One edition at gamestop, along with Ghosts and Watch Dogs. Can't wait till November!

I ordered a bundle from the website, I applied 200 in credit but the final check out page doesn't show it, I'm guessing it won't take it out till it ships? And if I want to add to the amount I've paid do I just call and give them the card number to add more to the balance?
For whatever reason it does not show up online when you put it in, but as long as it shows up during your checking out your all set.

Check your card balance just to be sure.

Thanks mako, now I just need to figure out my disappearing credit issue. I ordered a replacement PUR card and it zeroed out the $200 trade in balance I had on it. Awaiting Cs response now....

If paying by cash (no gift cards or credit) is there really any difference between pre ordering at gamestop or best buy? besides preference in store of course.

bread's done
Back