Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

If paying by cash (no gift cards or credit) is there really any difference between pre ordering at gamestop or best buy? besides preference in store of course.
In addition to mako's comment's...

I'd add, who do you trust to NOT screw up more? Best buy or Gamestop?

Personally I would lean toward Best Buy, but who knows in your area perhaps Gamestop does a good job :)

Does anyone know if Best Buy's preorder system is like GameStop's(money is taken from your account immediately and item is just paid off) or Amazon's(money is not removed from account until the day the item ships/launches)? Just wondering, because I'd like to just pay for it and have it taken care of!

Does anyone know if Best Buy's preorder system is like GameStop's(money is taken from your account immediately and item is just paid off) or Amazon's(money is not removed from account until the day the item ships/launches)? Just wondering, because I'd like to just pay for it and have it taken care of!
It is a Gamestop Amazon Hybrid!

Lol

In all seriousness, It is a rotating charge that will pend for a couple days then clear for a couple, then pend again. So it is worse than the GS one as you can accidentally withdraw too much from you account, and then BAM! Your preorder gets cancelled due to insufficient funds.

BB pings your account every 7 days. GS and AMZ both charge when item ships.

BB pings your account every 7 days. GS and AMZ both charge when item ships.
So, then, perhaps it's best to get a gift card for the full amount and then pay for the preorder off of that? I'm just looking for a way to not have to keep track of this $530ish in my account for the next 3 months! Lol

It is a Gamestop Amazon Hybrid!

Lol

In all seriousness, It is a rotating charge that will pend for a couple days then clear for a couple, then pend again. So it is worse than the GS one as you can accidentally withdraw too much from you account, and then BAM! Your preorder gets cancelled due to insufficient funds.
Thanks for the info!

So, then, perhaps it's best to get a gift card for the full amount and then pay for the preorder off of that? I'm just looking for a way to not have to keep track of this $530ish in my account for the next 3 months! Lol
Yes, or PayPal. Then don't touch whichever till release! (Just remember if your paying with a GC you won't get double points if your part of Gamer's Club Unlocked.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I've preordered at GS in store in the past, it's always come out immediately. Is this their on-line strategy you're talking about?
I could be wrong, as it has been a while since I ordered from their online (Pre-Order anyway. Last time was Persona 4 Golden for Vita.), but I remember them pend my account at first, then let it go till it was closer to release.

I could be wrong, as it has been a while since I ordered from their online (Pre-Order anyway. Last time was Persona 4 Golden for Vita.), but I remember them pend my account at first, then let it go till it was closer to release.
Fair enough. Thanks for all the info! I guess I'll do the GC thing. Luckily, while I'm RZ Silver, I'm not part of Unlocked, so I wouldn't get the double points either way.

GS charges first, then lets it go, then sticks it on there when its close to release date.

Really. I just did an online order with GS, and haven't been charged yet. I thought it even said charged when item ships :dunno:

Does anyone know if the Microsoft Store charges as soon as you order or holds off on charging until the Xbox ships like Amazon?

Ugh. I want to pre-order through Best Buy for the Rewards points, but they charge at the time of the pre-order, which I don't want to happen. I'd rather not buy from the MS Store but they say they'll charge at ship. Guess I'll have to go with them... :/

Goodbye $5 in BB Rewards points! 

EDIT: Wait. Scratch that. I found a different Best Buy FAQ that states that they won't charge until it ships. Now I can't find the part of the site that said otherwise. In short, yay!

Ugh. I want to pre-order through Best Buy for the Rewards points, but they charge at the time of the pre-order, which I don't want to happen. I'd rather not buy from the MS Store but they say they'll charge at ship. Guess I'll have to go with them... :/

Goodbye $5 in BB Rewards points!

EDIT: Wait. Scratch that. I found a different Best Buy FAQ that states that they won't charge until it ships. Now I can't find the part of the site that said otherwise. In short, yay!
Listen to us and not the FAQ, we are correct and that FAQ is a lie, they will charge at the time of preorder, they place a hold, then remove it, and keep repeating, all the time, all the way up until shipment, and if at any time you don't have the funds they will cancel the preorder.

Listen to us and not the FAQ, we are correct and that FAQ is a lie, they will charge at the time of preorder, they place a hold, then remove it, and keep repeating, all the time, all the way up until shipment, and if at any time you don't have the funds they will cancel the preorder.
Seconded, or thirded, or fourtheded, whatever ;P

Exactly how best buy operates.

Yup... The payment has already popped up in my credit card statement. fucking Best Buy. Guess I'm buying from the MS Store after all.

Yup... The payment has already popped up in my credit card statement. fucking Best Buy. Guess I'm buying from the MS Store after all.
I did mine at the MS store. They say you may get a hold on your account, but my account hasn't been touched. I preordered with less than $300 on my card and the order went through. I'll shuffle PayPal funds before it ships so I don't get cancelled.

MS Store put a $1 hold on my card when I ordered, disappeared after a couple of days.  They basically just ping to make sure you're giving them valid card information.

I pre ordered my xbox at TRU months ago but im thinking of switching it to walmarts pre order saturday when they start taking them.  Does anyone know if it is the day on edition?    Reason i wanna swicth is because walmart stores was were i originally wanted to order but they only took order online so i went with TRU.

I just walked into my BestBuy today and dropped $25 for an instore preorder. The guy who helped me said you can come in and make periodic payments on the reserve as well.

Im really happy about this because i can used the great trade in credit and reward zone points to help me out and don't have to worry about holding $500 on my credit card for 3 months and I wont have to worry about any shipping issues. Just walk in and walk out at midnight.

I just walked into my BestBuy today and dropped $25 for an instore preorder. The guy who helped me said you can come in and make periodic payments on the reserve as well.

Im really happy about this because i can used the great trade in credit and reward zone points to help me out and don't have to worry about holding $500 on my credit card for 3 months and I wont have to worry about any shipping issues. Just walk in and walk out at midnight.
Paying off over time sure sounds nice. I'll probably do that but without the picking up at midnight. I'd probably just snag it after work the following day. No huge rush.

Thanks for the info.

That hasn't been the case with other Best Buy preorders. Did the guy explain how you can make payments?

I thought they changed the system around a little to allow that.

That hasn't been the case with other Best Buy preorders. Did the guy explain how you can make payments?
He told me to go to customer services and have them pull up my rewardzone account and i can pay on it there. I figure I'll just drop $50 each paycheck from now until release

what games are going to be released on day one? I preordered one and it says dec 31st for pickup date on BF4
Here's the list, aka the best launch day list in history.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA Live 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

Well the first Xbox had Halo: Combat Evolved which every contrarian on a Xbox forum likes to tout as their favorite Halo game of all-time, so that launch line-up must not have been that terrible.

Well, one game does not a line up make imo.

But to use your example then the SNES launch line-up might have been the best ever then.

N64 up there too!

Well, one game does not a line up make imo.

But to use your example then the SNES launch line-up might have been the best ever then.

N64 up there too!
I don't think many people would disagree with you. I saw a lot of people recently ranking Super Mario 64 as the best game of all-time.

Talk about nostalgia blinding you and then some...

to be honest both systems don't have great line ups. When i think of a great line up i want games only on the new systems most games people want to play are on 360/ps3 and pc

Honestly not too much for me in this launch line-up. I'll probably do the Amazon $10 trade in of the 360 CoD Ghosts for the One version and then pick up Watch Dogs and probably download Peggle 2. Other than that, I can't wait for future games. 

plan on trading in my ps3 and 360 into gamestop hoping near launch they do that 50 percent extra for system and use that to get amazon cards to end up onlypaying like 150 for the system.

Sorry if I missed this being stated somewhere before, but anyone else's Amazon pre-order now state:

"DELIVERY ESTIMATE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2013 BY 8:00PM" 

for their Day One console? Pretty sure it always said Dec. 31 before. 

bread's done
Back