Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

just an fyi.. i put in another order at bb.com  for a day one console but this time applied some gc's i had to lower the price a bit and offset the tax.

it did say preorder and to pick up on 11/22 when order placed. 

I know the day one preorders on Amazon are sold out, but realistically how long could it take for the regular xbox one consoles to ship out? My state has 10% tax, so it would cost me $550 at Gamestop (my Gamestop has the day one edition still). I would rather save the extra $50, but I don't want to wait until 2014 with Amazon. Any advice?
ouch.. and im here kinda pissed to pay $534 with tax.. i have an amazon one coming in anyways on day one.. but i still want it ad midnight :)

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about the tax thing at this point.  That especially makes me not sad to miss the local midnight launch.  It would have been around $40 more for me in Minnesota.  Forget that.  Plus the gas and waiting, etc. If not for the tax thing I would have bought from a local business to begin with.  By getting it on Amazon it's like my Play and Charge kit and full version of Killer Instinct are free.

I think Amazon would have some standard Xbox Ones available here and there by the middle of December at the earliest, but you'd have to be quick before they were sold out for another couple of days.  There are extensions for browsers like Chrome and Firefox that can set off an alarm once a page's content changes that are helpful in cases like that.  

just an fyi.. i put in another order at bb.com for a day one console but this time applied some gc's i had to lower the price a bit and offset the tax.

it did say preorder and to pick up on 11/22 when order placed.
yeah i just did a re order for my system i know i did a order once from best buy for pre order and did the same thing day to day and when i went to pick it up at store on release date my order was not in their system and now my new order has a 22 release pick up date.

Are all WalMart Xbox preorders going to be Day One? I didn't see any mention of it on the stand up board display they had, but it only had these "cards"(printed out tags) on it. I asked the rep, but she didn't really know what she was talking about.

5PW6hVx.jpg

w8Nln5k.jpg

Anyone know for sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i just did a re order for my system i know i did a order once from best buy for pre order and did the same thing day to day and when i went to pick it up at store on release date my order was not in their system and now my new order has a 22 release pick up date.
That's kind of scary. Especially if pre orders were available last week.

I tried a re order but it still says Release Date is 9/7. I'll cancel the re order then after tonight if nothing changes. With Amazon, I'm a Prime Member, so I know that I can at least track information and be at my place of delivery when the time comes :p

Update: Actually, here's the thing I noticed :) In the e-mail I received, this note follows: "Pre-order release date is November 22." So I take it the website is just spitting out it's automated messaging regarding the other Order Status message. We're probably just paying too much attention and shouldn't worry.

Hm.... I preordered mine in store at Best Buy 2 weeks after it was announced. I should be ok, right?

Are all WalMart Xbox preorders going to be Day One? I didn't see any mention of it on the stand up board display they had, but it only had these "cards"(printed out tags) on it. I asked the rep, but she didn't really know what she was talking about.
5PW6hVx.jpg

w8Nln5k.jpg

Anyone know for sure?

Damn that sucks you get taxes.

What the hells going on with bestbuy.com? I cancelled my order and placed a new one to pick up at a different store. So it said pick up November 22nd. Now when I check my order status it's back to release date 9/7.

What the hells going on with bestbuy.com? I cancelled my order and placed a new one to pick up at a different store. So it said pick up November 22nd. Now when I check my order status it's back to release date 9/7.
whys it matter... the release date is the 22nd...

Because as a previous poster said I don't want to get there at midnight that night and be told oh we don't have your order in the system.

Its clearly in the system. In fact you might have already screwed your self doing a cancel and reorder.

System is still over 2 months away. Not sure why people are freaking out.

Went ahead and ordered a day 1 edition from best buy w pickup on launch day.. I was on the fence but ultimately stronger launch lineup and more features tipped me back to Xbox

Now just have to decide what games to get

i decided to pre order watch dogs and in order status it's also today date for release day so nothing to worry about with that issue from best buy.

I don't like the u clip on the bottom of the mic but that's not that big of an issue.

My X1 games are:

Watch Dogs

Assassins Creed IV

Killer Instincts

Ghosts(If my order goes through)

I decided to go ahead and pre-order one from Best Buy for launch pickup.  I was planning on going with PS4 only which is already pre-ordered and paid for but X One is looking much better these days and I really want to play DR3. 

Now I finally understand that look women get when they look at kitchen appliances and vibrators. That is a beautiful machine.
Really? I think both of the next gen designs are bulky and ugly.
They're like VCRs with some shiny paint thrown on.

Sometimes I wish Jony Ive designed everything.. :)

If I pre-order the standard edition is there a chance it will be upgraded? I signed up for Day One notices a long time ago and received nothing.
I worked at CompUSA during the 360 and PS3 launch and we had games on sell two weeks before launch. I remember buying Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero two weeks before launch and i couldn't find a 360 anywhere until December.

Xbox One Guide menu shown running realtime! The stutter/lag when first pressing the guide button is a bit dispointing but isnt that bad considering how it all operates plus its still in beta. http://kotaku.com/watch-some-hot-sexy-xbox-one-dashboard-action-right-no-1274487845?autoplay=1
I like the look of the dashboard and the functionality that was shown here. You really can now swap between games, apps, etc way easier. And Ryse was still running in the tile. I like it.

So how exactly does the pre ordering at bestbuy work? Decided I wanted the xb1 as well as ps4 a bit late so I went in today and the customer service guy wasn't too much help, he said that the orders went in order by who pre ordered them but it rang up as a day one edition. TIA

So how exactly does the pre ordering at bestbuy work? Decided I wanted the xb1 as well as ps4 a bit late so I went in today and the customer service guy wasn't too much help, he said that the orders went in order by who pre ordered them but it rang up as a day one edition. TIA
as long as you preorder, come release date you go to bestbuy to pickup up your console. there is no wait list, it is a first come, first serve way. if you want it day one, you better get there day one to pick it up.

Xbox One Guide menu shown running realtime! The stutter/lag when first pressing the guide button is a bit dispointing but isnt that bad considering how it all operates plus its still in beta. http://kotaku.com/watch-some-hot-sexy-xbox-one-dashboard-action-right-no-1274487845?autoplay=1
My buddy who is in the hardware beta says his is pretty buggy at the moment so the lag might have been in with that. News just came out today that Microsoft is starting manufacturing the Ones today and they'll have a stronger CPU than originally announced. Hopefully that'll help.

My buddy who is in the hardware beta says his is pretty buggy at the moment so the lag might have been in with that. News just came out today that Microsoft is starting manufacturing the Ones today and they'll have a stronger CPU than originally announced. Hopefully that'll help.
you mean the slight oc they announced previously?

um nelson put a photo of xbox ones in boxes and tons of crates full of them early last week already so thye have been being made for awhile

http://www.whosay.com/larry

NeoGAF is saying someone was fired over it already.

What I would have liked to see is the simultaneous video watching and game playing functions.  I want to see what it looks like if I stream a video from my ultrabook wirelessly or a plugged in USB drive and also want to game at the same time.  Will the video always be relegated to the top right corner or could I have it closer half and half?  I'd also like to see what video formats the Xbox One is using so far, like if they're going to support .mkv or similar codecs.

If I was that kid and was going to leak something like this it would have included much more than turning on the Ryse beta and hitting the Guide button a couple of times.  It would have been awesome.  Still was cool to see it though.  I didn't know if this kind of thing had ever been seen before.  I figured it had been so I don't get what the big deal is.

Just got back from my local walmart and the had a ton of pre-order "cards" on a table in the game section.  Also had a few game and extra controller "cards" as well.  Just as many PS4 things as well.

you mean the slight oc they announced previously?

um nelson put a photo of xbox ones in boxes and tons of crates full of them early last week already so thye have been being made for awhile

http://www.whosay.com/larry
I was going off of this article that IGN tweeted today. Didn't notice it was from last week. My bad.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-is-now-in-full-production-with-an-improved-cpu?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Anyone have experience with buying a warranty for a console? I'm thinking about picking one up for the xbox, in case anything like the rrod or some new error happens again. Particularly any warranty from walmart (i'm getting it there) or another good company?

Anyone have experience with buying a warranty for a console? I'm thinking about picking one up for the xbox, in case anything like the rrod or some new error happens again. Particularly any warranty from walmart (i'm getting it there) or another good company?
I've never bought warranties, but I think I've heard that Squaretrade is good

I'm not sure how the Walmart ones are, I remember seeing someone mention it in this thread awhile back though, but not much info. I have squaretrade for my tablet, but have never had to use it.

Alright guys, I'm really sorry if this question had been asked before, but how does Best Buy handle preorders with debit cards? Should I make sure that I have the total amount in my account? If they place a "hold" is it debited? Thanks guys.

If pre-ordering online they will ping your debit card about every 7 - 10 days. Pretty much you'll be out $550 all the time until you pick it up.

If ordering in-store only $100 at the time is required.

Alright guys, I'm really sorry if this question had been asked before, but how does Best Buy handle preorders with debit cards? Should I make sure that I have the total amount in my account? If they place a "hold" is it debited? Thanks guys.
i believe with debit, they take the whole amount from you. not 100% sure

bread's done
Back