Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Yeah you pretty much by a Nintendo console just for Nintendo games not cross platform games . If the Xbox is in fact "less powerful " don't you think the only way you will be able to tell will be exclusives ? Seems like Sony said last generation that they were more powerful and I couldn't tell and owned both 360 & ps3. Seemed like they just ported the 360 versions of the games to ps3?
It was a mixed bag. Ports to ps3 were generally worse. The cell was a pain to code for so the ports from xbox360 to ps3 generally sucked.

It was a mixed bag. Ports to ps3 were generally worse. The cell was a pain to code for so the ports from xbox360 to ps3 generally sucked.
I'm for sure starting next gen with x1 and I'm sure ps4 will come out with a great naughty dog title eventually that will grab my eye

Just pre-ordered at Best Buy is West Nyack, NY. They said they have a few left, so if anyone in the area needs one, this is probably the last place available.

I can't do this anymore. I need to pre-order an xbone at bestbuy when my next paycheck comes in. The store i'm near is even doing a midnight launch, so I hope I can still pre-order.

Question that has probably been answered to death: Are they accepting pre-orders for games and the special 12 month card in store (I know they got em online)? I'd like to get everything day one.

On Amazon, the standard edition says:
"

• Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date of November 22, 2013 due to high demand."

On my "Your Orders" page on amazon it says my estimated delivery date is Nov. 18th.

I didnt select anything more than the free 2 day shipping, is that what EVERYONES standard edition PS4 says or do you think I really will get it that soon ? I didnt preorder mine till July 8th.

These "Day One" edition consoles more and more are looking like Day 365 24/7 edition....pick em up anytime, anywhere lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to Ryse and Crimson Dragon more than any other launch games. I've never played Dead Rising though, and I am intrigued by that.

Anyone have experience cancelling order placed on bestbuy.com with a gift card? Do the cards get replenished immediately or does it take some time?

I'm looking forward to Ryse and Crimson Dragon more than any other launch games. I've never played Dead Rising though, and I am intrigued by that.
Oddly enough Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon are my top reasons for chosing the Xbox One right away rather than the PS4 and those aren't even retail releases!

I will pick up Battlefield 4 and Ghosts for Xbox One and then also Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. The more I look into Ryse, the most hesitant I become! It sounded great at first but in execution I worry it will be a flop and like most launch titles be quite cheap soon after. Plus I have never really loved a Dead Rising and many people who have seen it in action remark that it feels and looks (in a bad way) very similar to Dead Rising 2.

Blah. Why can't Titanfall be out on launch to fully justify my Xbox One purchase haha

So, am I going to have to go to the midnight launch? I work that day, and would rather just pick up my XBONE afterwards. If its first come first serve, I'm going to be so pissed.

I never owned any console at release.  Wondering if I should get this right away or just wait a year when I'm out of college hmm

Anyone know if you can change a payment method for a pre-order purchase at Best Buy?

Edit:

Pre-ordered Xbox day one bundle. Man, over $700 for this thing, wtf...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I played more games during college than anytime since, LOL.  Just wait till you have kids, then you will know what having no time for games is like. Now I just have to wait till he's old enough to game with me!

My brother still has time with job and dad duty. Just depends what schedule you have your kid on.
True. I've worked an overnight shift since before my kids were born, so most of my gaming is done in the morning after they go to school. My kids are both teenagers now, so it doesn't matter as much because they're off doing their own things more and more (for my son, that usually means gaming as well) I still limit my gaming when my wife and kids are home, but I find plenty of time to play.

Freshman year.... single women for MILES....
In my fourth year of college, 3rd at URI and STILL single women for miles.

As to the rest of you, I had a full time internship all summer, yeah barely had time for games. Now I'm taking 5 classes, soccer, part-time job, friends, and per usual, partying. Still no time for games. And yet I still find myself flipping between BB, GS, and Amazon to get an Xbox One. Thankfully I'll just have a part-time job to worry about over winter break so I'll be back to my usual hardcore gaming.

In my fourth year of college, 3rd at URI and STILL single women for miles.

As to the rest of you, I had a full time internship all summer, yeah barely had time for games. Now I'm taking 5 classes, soccer, part-time job, friends, and per usual, partying. Still no time for games. And yet I still find myself flipping between BB, GS, and Amazon to get an Xbox One. Thankfully I'll just have a part-time job to worry about over winter break so I'll be back to my usual hardcore gaming.

Be careful at URI. Them RI bitches be crazy.

Well I work overnights, come home and try to sleep and then when my daughter wakes up she gets all my attention. So either you guys can afford babysitters or I am just doing something wrong. My daughter is quite a handful however and her mother works all day long.

Just canceled my ToysRUS pre order finally.   Becuase i pre ordered at walmart when they started doing theres warrantys are much cheaper at walmart.  3 years for $44  vs TRU for 3 years for $120.

I was going to get the system around Christmas time.  I've been saving around $100 in Gamestop credit so that will help with the purchase.  Gamestop hardly ever has deals on consoles so I'll probably be waiting for a price drop to get anything better from them.   I can probably get some Gamestop credit for Christmas to add to it too.  Or I can wait on it but who knows if that'll be worth it if I'm still going to pay the same price eventually.  Could just get one next Christmas time after I get my Bachelor's.  Who knows if that will be a good time to buy one either.  Hmmm

At least Sony helped out gamers who are also busy dads/students/workers by making sure the PS3 had little to no games for people to feel compelled to spend time on.  

Not sure if this has been mentioned (skimmed through the last 4-5 pages and didn't see anything) but my Best Buy pre-order has finally updated it's date. However, opposed to saying that it will release on the current date (as it was before) it now says the Xbox One will release on 11/30/2013.

Anyone have any guesses on this? I mean, I ordered the Day One edition. Should I still expect it to arrive "Day One" (11/22) or very close to that date. Best Buy pre-orders normally arrive the day following release, but never 8 days later. 

bread's done
Back