Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I'd ask the store manager, he'd know how they're going to handle it at that particular store. However, I would expect that since my store had 10, and others had 20, that individual stores are getting a number of cards based upon how many they are assured of having. I'd think you're safe.

lucky that's the edition i wanted. but for real i really want a xbox one at launch but it kind of sucks they put a day one stamp on the controller it self don't understand why they had to do that.

so why don't you order the standard off Amazon?

I've never really gotten a straight answer to this.

Does Best Buy have a que system for instore pre orders?  Can they tell who reserved before others?

Found a target 20 miles from my house with one card left. Just went and picked it up. I have had one preordered since June. 10 from Amazon but on Tuesday they started charging tax in my state so I am gonna cancel there because I have a red card.

This Target card absolutely guarantees me a console day one nov 22 correct? Just want to absolutely make sure before I cancel my Amazon preorder.

On another note, the dude at target did everything he possibly could to talk me out of the X1. He said that PS4 just announced 8 new exclusives this week and that the X1 was basically a 360 with a new case and that it didn't even have any new parts inside. He also said that it would never do 3D gaming. He tried a third time to tell me that the PS4 had awesome tv integration and could stream old games. So shocked he didn't talk about DRM too. I told him 5 times I wanted the X1 but apparently it was his civic duty to absolutely make sure that I was sure. Ridiculous.

Anyway happy to have a day one edition reserved again haha
There's a girl that works in electronics at a local walmart, that I know only from just random chit chat with her, that stopped me the other day asking if I was still getting skylanders stuff. Told her no, not right now, just bought some disney things though. Then she asked about the xbox one, and what I was getting. I told her both, and she went off on a rant about how the xbox one would only let you play new games, always had to be online, and it was leading to the death of gamestop blah blah. I really didn't have the time or heart to tell her she was wrong, so just kinda let it lie. But that goes to show you how informed average retail workers are.

I've never really gotten a straight answer to this.

Does Best Buy have a que system for instore pre orders? Can they tell who reserved before others?
From what I was told at my bestbuy yesterday is they do have a list. Whoever pre ordered first will be getting a guaranteed console. The person I was talking to told me they dont know how many console they will be receiving either microsoft hasnt informed them of anything and wont until its closer to time

My console is half way paid off now. 

I am debating on doing the upgrade program with Battlefield or just wait for the Next-Gen release... I think I will cave and buy both that and Ghosts on release and on Nov 22 haha

How about all of you guys?

i still have not decided if im getting bf4 for x1 or pc leaning towards pc but im onlygetting ghost for 360 seeing the people i play cod with is not getting x1 at launch. so i might want a shooter on x1 decisions decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I was told at my bestbuy yesterday is they do have a list. Whoever pre ordered first will be getting a guaranteed console. The person I was talking to told me they dont know how many console they will be receiving either microsoft hasnt informed them of anything and wont until its closer to time
That's what the one employee told me. I have to be pretty high on the list. I reserved the day they reversed the policies.

does that mean if you pre order in store or even on their website. I think it would make alot of people up set that order on their website for instore pick up which i did and was told i would be getting it on 11/22.

Batman Arkham Origins
Batman Arkham Origins

Fable Anniversary

Dark Souls 2

Lords of Shadow 2

All games so far that I really want that aren't getting a next gen version yet.

Lots of X1 games that won't be on the 360 of course. To me Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Crimson Dragon and KI are must haves as long as they review well. Everything else not so much.

Back on topic: If you can't find X1's try Target and Wal-Mart pre-orders still. They should be taking them till they run out. I haven't heard on the final date to pre-order yet but I'd imagine soon.

Batman Arkham Origins

Fable Anniversary

Dark Souls 2

Lords of Shadow 2

Lots of X1 games that won't be on the 360 of course. To me Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Crimson Dragon and KI are must haves as long as they review well. Everything else not so much.

Back on topic: If you can't find X1's try Target and Wal-Mart pre-orders still. They should be taking them till they run out. I haven't heard on the final date to pre-order yet but I'd imagine soon.
Well, true to his comment, he said he wasnt going to get any games between now and next gen. I know for a fact Dark Souls 2 and Lords of Shadow arent out till after Xbox One releases ;p

Anybody get any codes banked up for Every2Minutes.com yet?  We talked about it about 6 weeks ago, but not since it started nearly a couple weeks ago.  I don't have any and I doubt I will.  I just don't have the time (or the interest in actually eating/drinking those products) to go for it this time.  For Xbox 360 and Halo 4 there were loopholes to exploit, but it seems like it's well done this time when it comes to that sort of thing.

For those that don't know:

You collect codes from Doritos bags and Mountain Dew drinks and go here: https://www.every2minutes.com/

Enter your codes and you get points for each code entered. All your codes are banked and starting November 5 there will be several nightly auctions.

9ynudabe.jpg

I was in my local GameStop today and on a whim, I asked if they had any Xbox One preorders available.  The snotty teenager told me that they will have a batch available tomorrow only in-store.  $100 down and it's for the Day One edition and will be available on 11/22.  

Then, he started to tell me how much he's tired of hearing about the Xbox One because he's an Xbox hater and I shouldn't bother pre-ordering.  He said they've been releasing these small batches every now and then.

I'm going to try to pre-order tomorrow and report back.

I was in my local GameStop today and on a whim, I asked if they had any Xbox One preorders available. The snotty teenager told me that they will have a batch available tomorrow only in-store. $100 down and it's for the Day One edition and will be available on 11/22.

Then, he started to tell me how much he's tired of hearing about the Xbox One because he's an Xbox hater and I shouldn't bother pre-ordering. He said they've been releasing these small batches every now and then.

my gamestop has awsome workers thankfully

I was in my local GameStop today and on a whim, I asked if they had any Xbox One preorders available. The snotty teenager told me that they will have a batch available tomorrow only in-store. $100 down and it's for the Day One edition and will be available on 11/22.

Then, he started to tell me how much he's tired of hearing about the Xbox One because he's an Xbox hater and I shouldn't bother pre-ordering. He said they've been releasing these small batches every now and then.

All the hate the XBox has been getting lately is starting to piss me off. I just don't understand why he would put that out there. You don't like XBox, cool. Buy a PS4. Why push your opinion on me? I guess it's just hating whose on top and wanting to see the underdog win. If anyone starts saying how the PS4 is so much better than the X1 I simply ask them what game they are looking forward too? The PS4 launch is horrible. I'm not hating cause I got both paid off already but god, it's annoying.

Yeah, he doesn't sound like a good employee, and besides that, when you choose to work at GameStop of all places you better be ready to hear about videogame consoles all day, every day.  When I worked at a grocery store for nine years straight I never once said I was tired of hearing people talk about food and groceries.  The only thing I got tired of hearing people talk about was the weather or how tall I am.

In short, that guy is an idiot and my GameStop too has great employees and always has.  I'm only there once or twice a year, if that, but each time I am it's always a good experience.

Batman Arkham Origins

Fable Anniversary

Dark Souls 2

Lords of Shadow 2

You can get Fable for Xbox 1. The ORIGINAL Xbox, I mean. :rofl:

All the hate the XBox has been getting lately is starting to piss me off. I just don't understand why he would put that out there. You don't like XBox, cool. Buy a PS4. Why push your opinion on me? I guess it's just hating whose on top and wanting to see the underdog win. If anyone starts saying how the PS4 is so much better than the X1 I simply ask them what game they are looking forward too? The PS4 launch is horrible. I'm not hating cause I got both paid off already but god, it's annoying.
....Wut?

Why are you in here? Just to troll I assume?
I'm not trolling. First post was a joke. Second was seriously asking because I don't see how MS is on top and Sony is the underdog. That can be taken numerous ways, but in no way does it make sense.

If he's going by graphics capability, both the One and PS4 are comparable to each other; just like the 360/PS3 were most of the time. When the gaming sites begin doing the required side by side comparison videos, only the most astute of viewers will be able to tell differences.

If he's going by preorder sales, PS4 is winning (supposedly). Xbox One would be the underdog in this case, but going by tbassett, that's obviously not it.

If he's going only by track record (current/soon to be past gen), it makes no sense. Xbox 360 currently isn't top and PS3 isn't the underdog. Both have sales that are close to equal.

If he meant at the start of this gen, when PS3 was getting its butt kicked by 360 and primarily, the Wii, then he'd have a case; albeit, it doesn't make any sense with the topic at hand though.

Seeing as the launch titles are 90 percent the same games on both systems this makes no sense.

bread's done
Back