Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Seeing as the launch titles are 90 percent the same games on both systems this makes no sense.
I don't want to get in a system fight, i don't care what your getting. The 360 in America is ahead of the PS3. Comparing the launch titles that are exclusive to each system shows there is no competition. Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon vs. Killzone SF, Knack, Drive Club. There's no point even comparing those. Tell yourself different if it makes you feel better.

I don't want to get in a system fight, i don't care what your getting. The 360 in America is ahead of the PS3. Comparing the launch titles that are exclusive to each system shows there is no competition. Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon vs. Killzone SF, Knack, Drive Club. There's no point even comparing those. Tell yourself different if it makes you feel better.
(for ps4 add Resogun and Injustice Ultimate Edition if you want to be totally fair (since Crimson is an xbl title might as well add a psn title) - I vastly prefer the ps4 launch exclusives but I would loooove to play Killer Instinct and DR3 someday. It's just a little more subjective / personal than 'no competition' I'm afraid. Carry on!)

I would love to get mine at Gamestop so i can play at Midnight but I also can't justify not waiting a few hours for my Amazon order to show up and save like 70+ bucks in tax.

I was able to get one--was the first one in store.

So freaking excited. Can't believe another opportunity came up this late to grab a Day One Edition.

I would love to get mine at Gamestop so i can play at Midnight but I also can't justify not waiting a few hours for my Amazon order to show up and save like 70+ bucks in tax.

Money to me trumps it all. That's why I'm getting both systems at GS. My PS4 cost me $218, and I'm saving about $200 on my XB1.

Money to me trumps it all. That's why I'm getting both systems at GS. My PS4 cost me $218, and I'm saving about $200 on my XB1.
Similar situation here. I'm getting my Xbox One essentially for free at GS. Paid off entirely with trade credit on stuff I no longer needed, thus avoiding sales tax too.

I thought PS4 was getting Planetside 2, DC Universe Online, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution, and a handful of indies on release also? I was hoping to see a fresh Gears of War or Halo on launch day. I will say though, Titanfall's release may push me to get a x1 unless the interface is the same on the PC..I hate Ea's browser based game launcher for battlefield..

Called my Best Buy again.

They assured me if I preordered in store, I'm getting one.  They said they only ordered enough for pre orders they could fulfill, then go cut off.

Similar situation here. I'm getting my Xbox One essentially for free at GS. Paid off entirely with trade credit on stuff I no longer needed, thus avoiding sales tax too.

I have my preorders paid off but they are far from "free."

Just to rehash, any trade/store credit doesn't constitute free. No out of pocket costs - sure. But not free. Even if you flipped for your credit that's far from free. As a flipper, that's like me comparing my paycheck at my full-time job as "free." It's not.

The only scenario I would consider it free is if you got a gift card as a present.

Both system launches aren't really impressive actually. The lull between launch and the next batch of games is always slow (December through first quarter of the next calendar year).

I'm not worried about launch titles. They have plenty of games I must play.

Between the PS4/XB1, and last gen I'll be good until the heavy hitters come in spring.

Just to rehash, any trade/store credit doesn't constitute free. No out of pocket costs - sure. But not free. Even if you flipped for your credit that's far from free. As a flipper, that's like me comparing my paycheck at my full-time job as "free." It's not.

The only scenario I would consider it free is if you got a gift card as a present.

Both system launches aren't really impressive actually. The lull between launch and the next batch of games is always slow (December through first quarter of the next calendar year).
Free may be a bit of a stretch but for simply trading stuff in that I wasn't going to use/play anyways is as close to free as you can get. Plus for all the crap GS gets it is awfully convenient to just walk in trade your games and have credit. I would take that any day over dealing with EBay or Craigslist.

I took advantage of the bonus 50% trade in coupons and made an absolute killing on what I traded in. I've paid off both next gen systems for basically nothing.

I took advantage of the bonus 50% trade in coupons and made an absolute killing on what I traded in. I've paid off both next gen systems for basically nothing.
Same here. Playcation coupons got me over $600 in store credit last month. I traded in two consoles, an old first-gen iPad and a ton of games. I was afraid I'd miss some of the stuff, but I haven't. In general I keep too much crap anyway so I pushed myself to get rid of as much as I could.

OK, no. You're right. Technically it's not free. The console still costs $500 and I still paid $500, albeit with money I made from selling property I own. It's not like Gamestop offered me a free Xbox One for being a nice guy.

In my case I feel like it is awfully close to free, however, admittedly due to details I didn't disclose earlier. All of the hardware I traded in, which constituted the bulk of the credit I received, was originally gifted to me from various parties and for various reasons. I paid nothing for that equipment and therefore traded it in for 100% profit (in the form of store credit). The games I traded I paid for myself, and an argument could be made that trading them in netted me less-than-ideal value for them, but I think GameStop's 50% bonus coupons narrowed that gap significantly.

And as tbassett said, it's hard to ignore the convenience factor of just walking into GameStop and unloading a bunch of crap. No shipping, no selling fees, no driving to Wal-Mart parking lots to meet people, no screwing around.

In the end, this was about as painless a mechanism for purchasing a console as I can imagine. Technically not free, no. But emotionally equivalent in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts like these make me want to pull out my hair and cancel my Xbox One pre-order. Or at the very least find out the Gamertag and be a Day One Block List. As someone who is buying both, if you can't tell that both systems are damn near the same, each with their own good exclusives, you need to quit living under a rock with your biased self. Keep this Xbox One pre-order thread exactly that.

On topic, here near Detroit Michigan there are still pre-orders open for Xbox One at local Gamestops, at least when I left there was.

I was able to get one--was the first one in store.

So freaking excited. Can't believe another opportunity came up this late to grab a Day One Edition.

I feel the same way,I was the second one in line today and we both were trading in systems

I feel the same way,I was the second one in line today and we both were trading in systems
I walked in literally a few seconds after they opened. Had to make sure lol. Saw a sign on the door and got excited. Got even more excited once she confirmed it was Day One. More people started to walk in, but unsure if they were they to pre-order it or not. Then again, why would you be there at open if you weren't. Glad I got mine in. Now, to pay this baby off

OK, no. You're right. Technically it's not free. The console still costs $500 and I still paid $500, albeit with money I made from selling property I own. It's not like Gamestop offered me a free Xbox One for being a nice guy.

In my case I feel like it is awfully close to free, however, admittedly due to details I didn't disclose earlier. All of the hardware I traded in, which constituted the bulk of the credit I received, was originally gifted to me from various parties and for various reasons. I paid nothing for that equipment and therefore traded it in for 100% profit (in the form of store credit). The games I traded I paid for myself, and an argument could be made that trading them in netted me less-than-ideal value for them, but I think GameStop's 50% bonus coupons narrowed that gap significantly.

And as tbassett said, it's hard to ignore the convenience factor of just walking into GameStop and unloading a bunch of crap. No shipping, no selling fees, no driving to Wal-Mart parking lots to meet people, no screwing around.

In the end, this was about as painless a mechanism for purchasing a console as I can imagine. Technically not free, no. But emotionally equivalent in my mind.
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Getting a bunch of gifts as I mentioned earlier is essentially free and as you pointed out in your original post you did make it clear that it was "essentially" free so in that respect I agree with you.

I only quoted your post since it was touching on my point which was meant to everyone in general instead of you directly. I'll see posts in the weekly ad threads for example and people will say "I used my gift card so I got game XYZ for free!" No, not really.

As for the eBay/craigslist route, I avoid dealing with consoles most of the time. For games, I think it's more convenient since I usually get more through there. When it's a local buyer I just tell them to come pick it up at my place to save the inconvenience of driving to a public place or even Gamestop. One advantage to living in a gated apartment complex.

The fact that preorders are getting reopened up again so close to launch tells me these systems won't be that hard to find come launch day. Even the Day One edition shouldn't be as difficult to track down. I may end up cancelling my preorder at Best Buy. I expect a lot of the speculators to follow suit come November.

I am trying my hardest to resist pre-ordering this damn thing.
I'll make it easier for you.

Do you have an existing backlog? > if yes, don't pre-order

Do you have the spare money to buy one to three next gen games for your new console? > if no, don't pre-order

Do you absolutely have to play any next gen exclusive title on day one? > if no, don't pre-order

I'm holding out til Destiny or The District releases. None of the launch titles interest me in the slightest.

Do you have the spare money to buy one to three next gen games for your new console? > if no, don't pre-order

Do you absolutely have to play any next gen exclusive title on day one? > if no, don't pre-order

I'm holding out til Destiny or The District releases. None of the launch titles interest me in the slightest.

I have enough games to last me for years. I'm just getting caught up in the hype.

I am trying my hardest to resist pre-ordering this damn thing.

That comes with the territory of being a CAG, though. You will ALWAYS have a backlog lol.

If you were wanting a Day One Edition, now is the time. Get a game or 2 with a lot of replay value so you feel like you're getting your money's worth and mix it up with your backlog while you wait for another xb1 game you're interested in to be released.

If the Day One controller and the fancy black box does nothing for you and, like CaseX said, you don't have that NEED to have things as soon as they're released, then go ahead and wait. Maybe you can check it out at a friend's house or play the demos at stores to tide you over till enough games are out that you feel a purchase is justified.

That comes with the territory of being a CAG, though. You will ALWAYS have a backlog lol.
So true. I think I still have 40-50 PS2 games I never got around to playing. Swore to myself I wouldn't let that happen again this gen, but of course, it did. If I waited until I was caught up with my backlog to jump into the next gen, I'd never jump in at all. I'm hoping I'll be a little smarter and show a little more restraint with the coming generation, but I know myself...

I only have DR3 pre-ordered, and beside that, Watchdogs is the only launch window title I'm really interested in. My 360 won't start gathering dust anytime soon; I'll be moving it up to my bedroom and still playing games on it for a while I think.

I was in my local GameStop today and on a whim, I asked if they had any Xbox One preorders available. The snotty teenager told me that they will have a batch available tomorrow only in-store. $100 down and it's for the Day One edition and will be available on 11/22.

Then, he started to tell me how much he's tired of hearing about the Xbox One because he's an Xbox hater and I shouldn't bother pre-ordering. He said they've been releasing these small batches every now and then.

I'm going to try to pre-order tomorrow and report back.
Success! I went in about 1:30; nobody else in the store.

Clerk: "Are you here for an Xbox One preorder?"

Me: "Sure."

Clerk: "Really?"

Me: "Yea, why - you're suprised?"

Clerk: We were told to ask everyone that walks in, and most people are only here for gift cards."

It was pretty comical. I was in and out in like 2 minutes. Confirmed with him that it will be the standard Day One edition and will be there on 11/22.

Just wondering now, though - are they going to do a midnight launch?

Went into my local GS and they were pushing pretty hard for pre-orders, but I already got mine in a while ago. I think I heard them say that the pre-orders were about to be shut off, though. Maybe my store actually got some pre-orders.

I bet this GameStop thing made a little bit of a dent in what the Xbox One will be going for on eBay after launch.  Just a minor dent though.

Went into my local GS and they were pushing pretty hard for pre-orders, but I already got mine in a while ago. I think I heard them say that the pre-orders were about to be shut off, though. Maybe my store actually got some pre-orders.
Oh, yea - he said it was only for today and wouldn't be available tomorrow.

They cut off pre-orders at 6:00.

I can't believe i'm SO DUMB. Cancelled my best buy pre-order for one (don't ask me why), and they're no longer taking them.

Oh well, not the end of the world. If I have to live with a regular xbone, so be it.

I know. ;)

Just trying to be the voice of reason... (I'm hyped for next gen, too, but my brain and wallet tells me it's a bad idea to pre-order...)

I don't even know why I'm falling for the hype. I'm such a sucker. I haven't even paid attention, I don't even know what this day one package is.

I did the same thing with the Playcation coupons. Got rid of a bunch of things I no longer needed like a slim PS3 and some other goodies like a cellphone and had a lot of trade in credit. With that I purchased a crap ton of the Kindle Cards for Amazon credit. While yeah I agree I didn't get my Xbox One paid off for free, when I don;t have to use actual cash out of my, and more importantly my wifes pocket then it's as good as "Free" to me.

I don't even know why I'm falling for the hype. I'm such a sucker. I haven't even paid attention, I don't even know what this day one package is.
Not a lot really, just a branded controller that says "Day One 2013" and a achievement voucher to show to everyone on Xbox Live that you a early adopter.

Not a lot really, just a branded controller that says "Day One 2013" and a achievement voucher to show to everyone on Xbox Live that you a early adopter.
I'm wondering how much that controller may be worth later on. Maybe the achievement voucher will be worth something as well.

I'm wondering how much that controller may be worth later on. Maybe the achievement voucher will be worth something as well.

Its not worth enough to put me over the top on the preorder.

They cut off pre-orders at 6:00.

I can't believe i'm SO DUMB. Cancelled my best buy pre-order for one (don't ask me why), and they're no longer taking them.

Oh well, not the end of the world. If I have to live with a regular xbone, so be it.

I went in today and pre-ordered. The manager also told me the cutoff was 6pm and today only. They were also offering it online. Got one before heading into the store but will probably cancel it so I don't have to wait or pay for shipping now.

The MS Store had their "Day One" ad up on Polygon.com earlier today, but it's gone now, and their web page says the XBO is out of stock.

I think this late availability is a good sign for people who preordered from other outlets and are not sure if they are getting a Day One console or not.  Obviously, MS checked their supplies and found they were going to have a few more available.  I would guess that they'd inquire around with retailers and make sure that everyone had what they needed to make their preorder numbers, then put the rest up for sale between themselves and GameStop.  At least, that would make the most sense.

I think there could be one more preorder "window" opened a fairly short time before launch.  Plans can change for some people at the last moment.  Maybe they're not sure, maybe they preordered from two different places and cancel with one of them, maybe they are having unexpected financial difficulties, or maybe they are a Sony fanboy who thinks that it will somehow sabotage MS if they tease them with a preorder until the last possible moment.  Whatever the case, a certain number will probably become available as the pre-launch period winds down.

Along those lines, I got a call from a Sony rep in the Philippines yesterday  (worked over there for a couple of months a few years ago, the accent is unmistakable).  The card I used to preorder my PS4 expired in September, and they were asking me to update it before shipment.  I told them to cancel the order.  I was waffling between keeping it and flipping it, and it was to the point where flipping it was going to win out.  There isn't one near-launch exclusive they have that remotely interests me, and I'm not going to pay $400 to play half a version of Driveclub (which would not get played at all with Forza 5 in the house at the same time) and whatever indie games they decide to give away for PS+.  Hopefully that console will go to someone on launch day who will be as stoked to have it as I will be the following week when the XBO arrives.

I know someone this questions been asked already (Too lazy to search through 100+ pages) But what Downloaded content will be included with launch day edition xbox ones?

Man.. i went through the same thing.. but atleast for me UPS delivers late night and I took the day off so im not gonna just stay home waiting forever.. ended up keeping my amazon one and also preordering at best buy which ill get at midnight. (most prob my last midnight release)

bread's done
Back