Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

That kid's way "ummmm" ing is pretty annoying but other than that that was a well done, high quality video.  I applaud it.

I think it's cool to see the contents and such, but it's a bad move on his part if it'll get him (and/or whomever got the console) in trouble.

Well I also think it would be stupid for Microsoft to punish whoever got the console.  He's showing it entirely in a good light and not even powered on (yet).  It'd be different if he was smashing it on the ground or bashing it verbally or playing thing on the console that aren't finalized and showing lag or something else not complimentary.  This does no harm and actually might help excitement.  Major Nelson did the same thing months ago.

Major commented on this a few days back.  Said they knew who it was and were dealing with it.  LOL.  Saw someone else mention that it's appears to have a sticker on the front which might be a QR code.  Might be a store demo unit.  Either way, the kid busted himself because you can make out the serial #. 

What do you mean poor kid?  It's probably the parent who will get punished for violating NDA or whatever agreement s/he signed.

Man.. i went through the same thing.. but atleast for me UPS delivers late night and I took the day off so im not gonna just stay home waiting forever.. ended up keeping my amazon one and also preordering at best buy which ill get at midnight. (most prob my last midnight release)
If you set up a ups my choice account you can get them to hold it for you at the closet location and you could pick it up from there that morning. I know that's what I'm doing since ups always deliver here around 6 PM

If you set up a ups my choice account you can get them to hold it for you at the closet location and you could pick it up from there that morning. I know that's what I'm doing since ups always deliver here around 6 PM
I have an account, but for some reason they never actually do it for me.

poor kid will make his parents lose his/her job at ms :( did not this kid learn from that one dude that leaked the dashboard and we all found out what happend in th end of that issue. why destroy your parents life when you can't even play full games for it yet. yes you might get to play demos of games but those demos are im sure the ones from E3 time and early builds.

I'm still hoping that at some point this month Microsoft will release a non-kinect bundled Xbox One. The more and more I hear about the Xbone the more I want to preorder it on amazon. The damn Kinect is what setting me back. :(

There won't be a Kinect-Free bundle unless the version with Kinect crashes and burns in terms of sales.

Which is probably half the reason you're seeing so much hate directed at MS from certain corners of the internet.  They saw that constant bitching made MS change their DRM policy, and they're hoping they can do the same with Kinect.  Keep complaining, try to get others over to their side, and keep sales low until they get what they want.

Hell with it.  I'm buying two and giving one to a friend.  That's how I'm voting.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be a good way to test the quality of it if you don't mind driving to pick them up. It should work up until the point where its "on vehicle for delivery"

There won't be a Kinect-Free bundle unless the version with Kinect crashes and burns in terms of sales.

Which is probably half the reason you're seeing so much hate directed at MS from certain corners of the internet. They saw that constant bitching made MS change their DRM policy, and they're hoping they can do the same with Kinect. Keep complaining, try to get others over to their side, and keep sales low until they get what they want.

Hell with it. I'm buying two and giving one to a friend. That's how I'm voting.
Can you buy one more for me? :D

Has this been talked about in this thread yet?

olfsi_100913-1.jpg

Holy shit. Great idea.

The Microsoft Store is going to have a Killer Instinct exclusive pin ultimate edition for $59.99
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store?Action=pdp&Locale=en_US&SiteID=msusa&productID=287694100

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and includes the first two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16, packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. Start your collection now!

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

All Season 1 characters (8)*
Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
Early access to all Season 1 content
Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

Could someone direct me to an explanation of Best Buy's pre-order process? I pre-ordered an x1 on June 14th in-store. When I pre-ordered, I asked the girl if I would need to go to the midnight release and wait in line so I could pickup a console. She said I could if I wanted to but since I was pre-ordering in-store, they would have a console with my name on it in the back and I could pick it up anytime after 12am.

Earlier today, I came across this post on Neogaf

So the day after the PS4 reveal i pre-ordered a unit from BB. Just last week I called BB and found out that even if you have a pre-order from feb that the product is still first come first serve. I contacted BB and they said that they hope to fulfill all pre-orders and have no idea on how many units they will receive.

Usually a company will provide manufactures with pre-order numbers so they can fulfill store pre-order numbers. BB DOES NOT DO THIS AT ALL. BB will take pre-orders without securing the proper amount of units for those pre-orders.
That contradicts what I was told so I am curious if someone in the know could explain to me what I should expect. Should I be prepared to wait it out in line at the midnight release or can I wait until 5pm, after work, on the 22nd to pick up my x1?

This is truly how I felt every store but gamestop and amazon would do it. If you ordered from anywhere else, I'd  say be there well before midnight.

So...for Best Buy you can pre-order it, go to the midnight launch, and still possibly walk away without a console if you far enough back in line?  That seems pretty ****ed up.  Why even take pre-orders at all if that is the case?

Could someone direct me to an explanation of Best Buy's pre-order process? I pre-ordered an x1 on June 14th in-store. When I pre-ordered, I asked the girl if I would need to go to the midnight release and wait in line so I could pickup a console. She said I could if I wanted to but since I was pre-ordering in-store, they would have a console with my name on it in the back and I could pick it up anytime after 12am.

Earlier today, I came across this post on Neogaf

That contradicts what I was told so I am curious if someone in the know could explain to me what I should expect. Should I be prepared to wait it out in line at the midnight release or can I wait until 5pm, after work, on the 22nd to pick up my x1?
I plan to pick up my X1 the morning of the 22nd, and it would be pretty disappointing if my "pre order" with BB got changed to "backordered" if I couldn't attend the midnight launch.

I posted over at the BB forums and was personally messaged by one of the company moderators that my pre order would be secured and held. However, he's also stating the company line - I'm still not assured my pre order will actually be held, post-midnight launch :/

This is truly how I felt every store but gamestop and amazon would do it. If you ordered from anywhere else, I'd say be there well before midnight.
100% agree. I went with Gamestop because I had credit, but even if I didn't, I'd try to go with Gamestop just because they do know what they're doing with console launches. Best Buy never fails to disappoint and I wouldn't even begin to guess what Wal-Mart would be like.

I remember preordering my PS3 from GameStop (I think it was EB at the time) on the day preorders were available; the line was like 40 deep and only the first 21 were "guaranteed" a console on the day of the release. My friend and I were in the first 20 - I got a voicemail a week before release saying their allocation or allotment numbers were lower than expected and I would be first to get the "next shipment" and I remember them giving us either credit or a free game or something. My friend got his release day - and he was further ahead of me in line.

Toys R Us had a similar situation and I remember that explicitly because there were some rumors online that TRU didn't "overproject" their allotment but they had similar issues - people who preordered the 60gb model were told that they only had 20gb units left...so even if you were the 1st in line and pre-ordered the 60gb unit, if you didn't come early the day of launch to pick up your PS3 and everybody else who preordered the 60gb unit (even if they were behind you in the preorder line) got thru. It was first come first serve for those who preordered on the launch day.

The Foxconn reports of interns working overtime shifts is basically a telltale sign that this is going to happen again...combine that with the "conspiracy" that companies want to create hype and scarcity during the holiday season is even more fuel for the fire - there is a lot of sentiment that Sony (especially) wants to sell as much as it can to avoid playing catch up to Microsoft again...but I think the hysteria is going to be pretty close to what we saw with the last set of launches...maybe not AS BAD because Blu-Ray and HD are prevalent and the gap between PS3 and PS4, 360 and XB1 is not as great as PS2 to PS3 and Xbox to 360. But I could be wrong...$600 was a BIG hurdle, $399 for the PS4 and $499 for the XB1 could cause some ruckus.

Since I have an Amazon pre-order *and* a Best Buy pre-order for the XB1 Day One launch console, should I just cancel my Best Buy one and wait for the UPS man to deliver my console that Friday? (I planned to pickup the BB pre order on launch day, just not at midnight).

Does Bestbuy charge you right now or charge you in November?
They will place an authorization (it appears temporarily on your credit card, then is gone), but they don't charge. For in store pickup, the charge has occurred for me once I have the item in my hands, at the cashier.

Best buy has opened day one preorders back up

This is getting ridiculous. Maybe it really is the future and we will no longer have shortages of consoles, or maybe Best Buy just doesn't give a shit if they have enough or not.

Still not sure I am keeping my pre-order from Amazon months ago. I am definitely getting the PS4, but the Xbox One simply doesn't have enough exclusives at the moment to warrant an extra $500 IMO. I'm interested in Ryse: Son of Rome, but not $500 interested.

I've always loved the Xbox controllers though, and think the new one looks even better. Interested in seeing how it feels.

This is getting ridiculous. Maybe it really is the future and we will no longer have shortages of consoles, or maybe Best Buy just doesn't give a shit if they have enough or not.
Why is it getting ridicules? It's wrong of them to try and meet the demand instead of trying to fill your pocket?!?!?!? Ohhh woe is me, what is the world coming to. =/

Still not sure I am keeping my pre-order from Amazon months ago. I am definitely getting the PS4, but the Xbox One simply doesn't have enough exclusives at the moment to warrant an extra $500 IMO. I'm interested in Ryse: Son of Rome, but not $500 interested.

I've always loved the Xbox controllers though, and think the new one looks even better. Interested in seeing how it feels.
I'm a little under debate, I don't need two next gen consoles, especially considering the price tag I can wait for a bit longer.

Same here; always liked the feel of the 360 controller much more than the SIXAXIS/DS3. I'll hopefully find out soon how the XB1 controller compares; I'm going to one of the Xbox One Tour stops on Wednesday.

Why is it getting ridicules? It's wrong of them to try and meet the demand instead of trying to fill your pocket?!?!?!? Ohhh woe is me, what is the world coming to. =/

I'm a little under debate, I don't need two next gen consoles, especially considering the price tag I can wait for a bit longer.
I'm actually not flipping consoles, I just think it's ridiculous that they keep opening up. I'm sorry to have offended you.

You're a dumbass. Don't you dare "ridicule" me.

Just a heads up that Best Buy has reopened Day One preorders for Xbox One. Open for a limited time. Looks to be in store only as pick up option on the website.

bread's done
Back