Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

man 39 days to go and the X1 is here.  Getting pretty psyched.  Can't wait to play DR3, Forza 5, and Killer Instinct.  Man the 22nd can't get here soon enough.

Why is it getting ridicules? It's wrong of them to try and meet the demand instead of trying to fill your pocket?!?!?!? Ohhh woe is me, what is the world coming to. =/

I'm a little under debate, I don't need two next gen consoles, especially considering the price tag I can wait for a bit longer.
Jeeze. Calm down, dude.

Best Buy apparently does an initial charge for the full amount and then refunds it a few days later as an authorization hold. Just came from the store I work at and these preorders are online only for in store pickup. You can't place the $25 down in store for it. Kind of screwed me because I don't have the full amount at the money due to just moving.

Blah.

Does Best Buy charge your credit card immediately for site-to-store pre-orders?
Best Buy puts a hold every week on the amount till the product is released. I don't know if they stopped but that was my experience when I preordered the Wii U.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea when Amazon will update "standard" order release/ship dates? I got screwed out of my day one (had it since amazon opened them up and it got cancelled by amazon for no reason) and ordered a standard in August. Really wanted to wait to decide on PS4 vs XB1 but as it gets closer I'm leaning XB1. Have enough credit for one or the other. Would hate to go with PS4 because I happen to have a launch bundle still locked in. 

So I jumped and pre ordered a day one edition from bestbuy but, from what it sounds like whoever ordered first is getting it.  I just spoke to a rep online heres a little of the convo.

So Im hoping its a guarenteed xbox on launch? I dont wanna go wait in line then not get one
I would suggest waiting, however at this point I can not guarantee you would get it right away. 
So basically its first come first serve?
Kinda, But it also goes by the date you made the purchase. 
Why would you guys reopen pre orders then? Im just curious because the payment says if its not picked up by Nov 29 my card will be refunded
It will be 8 days from when  you receive a email stating it is available. 

I want to get it from best buy, but I'll be away from 21st to 25th. You guys think they'll hold the console for a few days under my name and not give it away to the next kid who wants it?

I want to get it from best buy, but I'll be away from 21st to 25th. You guys think they'll hold the console for a few days under my name and not give it away to the next kid who wants it?
If they do Id call and raise hell. Theres a reason why you preorder things the guy I talked to said they hold it for 7 days before they decide to sell it.

There's a thread on the bby forums and they seem to be reassuring everyone that preorders that they have a guaranteed console on launch day.

There's a thread on the bby forums and they seem to be reassuring everyone that preorders that they have a guaranteed console on launch day.
till a dumb seasonal worker works midnight and don't know what they are doing and sell a pre order system i have seen that kind of stuff happen during wii u launch

Money didn't fall from the sky the way I hoped it would, and now I have to cancel my Day One Edition pre-order from Amazon. :cry:

till a dumb seasonal worker works midnight and don't know what they are doing and sell a pre order system i have seen that kind of stuff happen during wii u launch
If I go to the midnight launch at my BB it'll be after work. But that'll be me arriving after dinner, so like 8:45 to 9... I'd much rather sleep a full night, pick up the system in the morning and set it up and play with energy :p

Since I have an Amazon pre-order *and* a Best Buy pre-order for the XB1 Day One launch console, should I just cancel my Best Buy one and wait for the UPS man to deliver my console that Friday? (I planned to pickup the BB pre order on launch day, just not at midnight).
If your not gonna pick it up til the launch day anyway just give it a few extra hours and let the UPS guy bring it to you. No point in spending all that extra money on tax when its literally a matter of hours. (At least no tax on amazon in my state, not sure about you....but regardless still saves gas and having to get pissed at the other people piling in their to grab theirs.)

While working at Best Buy, these preorder things are a first come first serve as far as when you preordered it... they will get a list in order of when they were preordered... so also it doesn't really matter how early you get to Best Buy for a midnight release...  If for some reason they are short, which I have seen numerous times, I am sure you willl get a notification that they don't have enough and you will have to wait...  I am surprised they re opened the preorders... I have a feeling it may be a few days, maybe longer depedning on how long it takes each store to get a second shippment, before some people get theirs.  Honestly I have just come to realize Amazon has the best preorder system, and I am ok not getting it at midnight... wouldn't really have time to play, but the fact that they don't charge is what makes it the best, I have been slowly paying down by buying giftcards everytime I get some money, only have $25 due right now!

Uh, so, two things.

One, IIRC I thought I read that BB only put a temporary hold on your card for PO'ing the XB1--I was charged the entire $540. Two, if you cancel a PO how long does it take for them to reimburse you? Because I canceled my PO yesterday shortly after and a charge of $540 is still sitting on my card.

most banks hold charges on your card for 24 hours after purchase if it is a business day...  possibly you should get it back today, tomorrow at the earliest due to the holiday

So I preordered a Day One Edition last night to pickup at BB. So do I have to be there at midnight or will it be waiting for me if I show up in the afternoon? :bouncy:

possibly neither.. you are now on the list, you will get an email of when it will be available for pickup and then you have 5-7 days to pick it up.

However, from my experience from working there, there have been times that shipments are smaller than expected and you may wait, but you are in line to get one. ( that is what the preorder means to BB).

possibly neither.. you are now on the list, you will get an email of when it will be available for pickup and then you have 5-7 days to pick it up.

However, from my experience from working there, there have been times that shipments are smaller than expected and you may wait, but you are in line to get one. ( that is what the preorder means to BB).
Awesome man, yeah I can wait if I have to. Just don't want to stand in line at midnight for one.

thank god i decided to get one from best buy back in first week of sep and did not do the amazon pre order seeing amazon will start charge tax in my state on nov 1st i would have not saved money anyway and this way with best buy credit card i get 18 months to pay thing off  :bouncy:

Never understood why you would bother pre-ordering in store after all the nightmare stories. Just pre-order online and take the day off work/call out waiting for your package to arrive. The servers are going to be hammered at midnight with all those people trying to D/L the day one patch and playing online anyways.

Regarding the Watch Dogs Delay to Spring 2014

Honestly, this may be for the best.  Reading and watching preview after preview (PC Gamer, GameTrailers), the same sentiment kept coming through - its not shaping up as the remarkable game people first hoped it would become.  This sounded like AC1 all over again - clearly ambitious, clearly on to something, but just not there yet.

Hopefully Ubi will ace this series right from the start, rather than getting decidedly mixed reviews.  A better game will come from this delay.

Honestly, this may be for the best. Reading and watching preview after preview (PC Gamer, GameTrailers), the same sentiment kept coming through - its not shaping up as the remarkable game people first hoped it would become. This sounded like AC1 all over again - clearly ambitious, clearly on to something, but just not there yet.

Hopefully Ubi will ace this series right from the start, rather than getting decidedly mixed reviews. A better game will come from this delay.
True, but still disappointing in the short-term. The spring release calendar will be crowded with Titanfall, Destiny, and now Watch Dogs.

If your not gonna pick it up til the launch day anyway just give it a few extra hours and let the UPS guy bring it to you. No point in spending all that extra money on tax when its literally a matter of hours. (At least no tax on amazon in my state, not sure about you....but regardless still saves gas and having to get pissed at the other people piling in their to grab theirs.)
That's true. The UPS guy usually would come in at noon-ish. Worst case scenario would be at like 3 or 4. I'll probably cancel my BB pre order then. Amazon should be reliable, as I pre ordered the day it got announced and was listed on their site...

The state of California does get charged sales tax in Amazon, unfortunately.

Watch Dogs was going to be my PS4 launch title purchase. But I have CoD Ghosts for the PS4 pre ordered as well. It pains me to see the news, but I do feel that launch titles always suffer - they probably needed the extra time in development.

For XB1, it's Forza 5 LE and that's about it for launch. I'm wondering which system to get NFS: Rivals on.

Whoa, I didn't know Destiny was coming out in the spring.  I was looking forward to Bungie having their game be in direct competition with. Halo 5, but this is better.

Honestly, this may be for the best. Reading and watching preview after preview (PC Gamer, GameTrailers), the same sentiment kept coming through - its not shaping up as the remarkable game people first hoped it would become. This sounded like AC1 all over again - clearly ambitious, clearly on to something, but just not there yet.

Hopefully Ubi will ace this series right from the start, rather than getting decidedly mixed reviews. A better game will come from this delay.
the game is this far in dev not much will change to be honest it was a month away whihc is about time games go gold and if you look at pre order numbers ac4 was way down compared ot last ac games and watch dogs had crazy pre order numbers this is ubisoft not having two big games out at once

The Crew has been delayed as well. That was the first post launch game I was looking forward to. Man this is really making it seem like there is no need to upgrade this November. I still will of course because I always have to have the newest shinny thing.

People are saying the Watch Dogs delay might be due to Ubi not wanting to compete with its own AC4 or the GTA5 juggernaut.  Maybe Ubisoft is afraid of The Crew competing with NFS?  Isn't Ubisoft based in France?  I know there's a joke in here somewhere...something about white flags...

People are saying the Watch Dogs delay might be due to Ubi not wanting to compete with its own AC4 or the GTA5 juggernaut. Maybe Ubisoft is afraid of The Crew competing with NFS? Isn't Ubisoft based in France? I know there's a joke in here somewhere...something about white flags...
watch dogs was destroying ac4 in pre order numbers which i think is the main reason for this. Gta 5 would have been out for 2 months and i doudt at that point they would be scared seeing all the hype watch dogs was getting.

watch dogs was destroying ac4 in pre order numbers which i think is the main reason for this. Gta 5 would have been out for 2 months and i doudt at that point they would be scared seeing all the hype watch dogs was getting.
I can't speak for everyone, but Watch Dogs is not why I'm not getting AC4. Maybe they underestimated the disappointment of some long term fans over AC3. I have bought and played every single AC game, and AC3 was in many ways worse than the ME3 ending, imo. While ME can be resurrected into a new trilogy/series, the AC franchise is dead to me. That's just me though...

I can't speak for everyone, but Watch Dogs is not why I'm not getting AC4. Maybe they underestimated the disappointment of some long term fans over AC3. I have bought and played every single AC game, and AC3 was in many ways worse than the ME3 ending, imo. While ME can be resurrected into a new trilogy/series, the AC franchise is dead to me. That's just me though...
I just recently finished AC3 and I liked it. There was some technical/glitchy things about it, but I thought it was pretty good. I haven't followed the stories since probably the first one to be honest. It's too far out there. but I enjoy the gameplay. Was it the story or gameplay that turned you off so badly?

As for Watch Dogs getting delayed while it is disappointing if it means a better and more solid game I am all for it. Plus there's a heavy hitter in the summer time to play. So I'm cool with it.

What Happens to Your Next-Gen Watch Dogs Bundle?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/amazon-gamestop-will-honor-watch-dogs-console-bundle-orders

Amazon orders: now get a launch edition with no game

GameStop orders: choose a different bundle or just get the system and game in spring 2014

Wasn't on the Watch Dogs bandwagon...I kind of got the vibe that someone else mentioned.  I was hyped for AC1 and it turned out to be very underwhelming.

It has to be the case the game is simply not ready for market.  The Christmas season is far, far too lucrative in terms of impulse purchasing to push a product back into April or later.  A game can be merely good, not great, and still sell a few hundred thousand copies extra simply by creating a bit of a buzz and getting kids to say "Gramma, this is what I want for Christmas."

I have seen from multiple other message boards that this may be good if you think you're a ways down the line to get a console on launch day.  From initial impressions, there will be cancelled console preorders because of this.  Of course, there's always a chance that people are talking shit or will change their mind before they pick up the phone or go to the website and cancel the order, but a few will probably go through with it.

There's no way they would postpone the game to up there ac4 orders . Ppl can cancel there watch dog order they know that and wouldn't risk losing money times 2. This was the game I was most looking forward to and I'm pretty disappointed .

People are saying the Watch Dogs delay might be due to Ubi not wanting to compete with its own AC4 or the GTA5 juggernaut. Maybe Ubisoft is afraid of The Crew competing with NFS? Isn't Ubisoft based in France? I know there's a joke in here somewhere...something about white flags...
I didn't think the Crew was ever coming out this year? I always thought it was spring 14, but now it's summer.

i admit its disappointing but there are still a lot of great games this holiday that it doesnt bother me much. Sadly neither system really has a must have game at launch.

bread's done
Back