Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I hope the 5th, but you honestly never know. 

Depends if the game is street dated or not.

BB has 19th as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having them earlier.

I want to rent Ghosts on the Xbox, but I'm just trying to keep it and hold in the excitement for the One. Would also make the experience better. 

i just wasn't sure if we're still getting it launch date or they're opening orders for later delivery date like December.
My local Gamestop said it's for launch date. So, I really hope that is true! I mean, well it should be - I read similar when Gamestop did announce the new preorders yesterday

Amazon has CoD Ghosts on the X1 out on the 5th. GameStop has it out on the 19th.

Which is correct? :x
It seems like the 19th is the date right now. Amazon has had the 5th as the release date for as long as I can remember.. but usually they are pretty on the up and up on release dates so who knows :p

My Need for Speed: Rivals pre-order with Amazon finally got updated to a November 22nd arrival date.  Everything else did that many weeks ago, including the Play and Charge kit, but NFS was the last one left.

Kinda off topic but can't seem to find this answer anywhere...
Say I do the digital upgrade version with my xbox 360. I know it is tied to my gamer tag. But I have friends who aren't upgrading. Will I be able to upgrade to my xbox one, play on there as I want and then login on my xbox 360 and play on there as well?

Kinda off topic but can't seem to find this answer anywhere...
Say I do the digital upgrade version with my xbox 360. I know it is tied to my gamer tag. But I have friends who aren't upgrading. Will I be able to upgrade to my xbox one, play on there as I want and then login on my xbox 360 and play on there as well?
Unless I'm mistaken only the ps3/ps4 is digital upgrades, the 360/one upgrade is for a physical copy where you trade in your 360 copy and $10 for the one copy

Unless I'm mistaken only the ps3/ps4 is digital upgrades, the 360/one upgrade is for a physical copy where you trade in your 360 copy and $10 for the one copy
I believe there is also a dual license Xbox 360/Xbox One Ghosts item coming out this month for $69.99. Buy it, play it on 360 the upgrade to Xbox One. But, once you do upgrade, you can't go back and play the 360.

You will need both games if you wish to play it once.. but I am not sure if stats will continue between the both of them as you keep playing. I know they carry over to the One from the upgrade, but not sure if you go back and play it on 360, if those stats will carry over again to the One and vice versa

I believe there is also a dual license Xbox 360/Xbox One Ghosts item coming out this month for $69.99. Buy it, play it on 360 the upgrade to Xbox One. But, once you do upgrade, you can't go back and play the 360.

You will need both games if you wish to play it once.. but I am not sure if stats will continue between the both of them as you keep playing. I know they carry over to the One from the upgrade, but not sure if you go back and play it on 360, if those stats will carry over again to the One and vice versa
I think this answered my question! thanks!

Looks like I may just cancel my preorder. AC4 and Ghosts are the only games I'm interested in right now and my friends are all getting 360 versions so might as well save my money for now.

I think this answered my question! thanks!

Looks like I may just cancel my preorder. AC4 and Ghosts are the only games I'm interested in right now and my friends are all getting 360 versions so might as well save my money for now.
Here's a FAQ that might be helpful as well

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/10/17/activision-posts-new-faq-regarding-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-upgrades/

EDIT: Hmm, interesting..

When I upgrade from digital download for Xbox 360 to digital download for Xbox One, will my digital Xbox 360 game license be deactivated?

No, Xbox 360 game license will not be deactivated. Both game licenses will be retained.

Amazon has CoD Ghosts on the X1 out on the 5th. GameStop has it out on the 19th.

Which is correct? :x
Hope so as well.. but then again my Nba 2k14 preorder has Nov. 26th as the release date... i guess they didn't add release date delivery to that one?

So I've had an X-1 preordered for several months now but now I'm on the fence.  The system seems less and less impressive with each new press release.  I have had an Xbox for many years, an Xbox 360 for many years, but to me, this system doesn't bring anything to the table.  Many of the next-gen games I am interested in (Destiny, BF4, COD:G, Watch Dogs) are all coming to X360 so doesn't seem to be much incentive to drop a few hundo on a system with slightly better graphics.

Can you guys convince me to keep the pre-order or should I just cancel it?  Thanks for the input.

So I've had an X-1 preordered for several months now but now I'm on the fence. The system seems less and less impressive with each new press release. I have had an Xbox for many years, an Xbox 360 for many years, but to me, this system doesn't bring anything to the table. Many of the next-gen games I am interested in (Destiny, BF4, COD:G, Watch Dogs) are all coming to X360 so doesn't seem to be much incentive to drop a few hundo on a system with slightly better graphics.

Can you guys convince me to keep the pre-order or should I just cancel it? Thanks for the input.
""You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take." - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

So I've had an X-1 preordered for several months now but now I'm on the fence. The system seems less and less impressive with each new press release. I have had an Xbox for many years, an Xbox 360 for many years, but to me, this system doesn't bring anything to the table. Many of the next-gen games I am interested in (Destiny, BF4, COD:G, Watch Dogs) are all coming to X360 so doesn't seem to be much incentive to drop a few hundo on a system with slightly better graphics.

Can you guys convince me to keep the pre-order or should I just cancel it? Thanks for the input.
Do you want the launch games? That's the real question.

There are going to be noticeable differences between the current and next gen titles. Battlefield 4 already is noticeably different in that the current gen versions are missing certain pieces of minor architecture and what not. I know that last video comparing AC4 however has not helped this case I am positive that will be the case in huge scale games such as Destiny and Titanfall

At this point really though you know the 360 will soon get its support dropped by 3rd party devs. Right now they are still going for both generations but looking back at previous launches that has always been the case and yet VERY quickly after release that split generation support is quickly dropped. Sooner or later you will want to upgrade to next-gen, my guess would be sooner rather than later and at that point will you want a bunch of your games that could have looked much nicer and what not on next gen be now sitting in your last gen library? I think those facts mixed with the sheer ability to have it right away is more than worth waiting a year or so for a measly $100 or maybe even only $50 reduction in price.

Haha - well played

The only one I'm looking forward to is Dead Rising 3 - I've got that pre-ordered as well. But the more I look at it, it doesn't appear to be a signficant upgrade from DR2 (which I loved).
You should buy it for the games. It doesn't sound like you're that interested in them. I'm the odd duck because I play with the kids and would like to play Zoo Tycoon and the Kinect Wave racing.

If the launch games don't interest you or your not going to flip for profit. Don't bother.

Pretty much what you see is what you get. I know Kinect Sports Rivals and Titalfall will both be out by Mid-March, otherwise nada.

Also waiting gives you an idea on what problems the X1/PS4 end up having. By March the cat will definitely be out of the bag.

If the launch games don't interest you or your not going to flip for profit. Don't bother.

Pretty much what you see is what you get. I know Kinect Sports Rivals and Titalfall will both be out by Mid-March, otherwise nada.

Also waiting gives you an idea on what problems the X1/PS4 end up having. By March the cat will definitely be out of the bag.
Be smart and get the SquareTrade warranty. Then we'll have no cats to worry about.

Zoo Tycoon is on 360 too.
Kinect games like Zoo Tycoon will play so much better on the Xbox One. I can't even play my Kinect games any more (other than Dance Central 3) knowing that we're about to get a much more responsive Kinect with the Xbone.

Is anyone going to miss the sign-in issues with the original Kinect? Step away from the screen in a 2-player game and go through all that slow sign in BS... No way, that sucked.

As far as COD Ghosts, yes the license for the 360 is retained for both season pass and the game. So for $70 you get both versions of the game which IMHO is a great deal, especially if you have friends who aren't getting a X1 and will still be gaming on the 360.

As far as COD Ghosts, yes the license for the 360 is retained for both season pass and the game. So for $70 you get both versions of the game which IMHO is a great deal, especially if you have friends who aren't getting a X1 and will still be gaming on the 360.
Wait does that meant that if im playing on the one, i can play with people on the 360
? if so, then i saved myself the purchase of the game twice and it will only cost me the $10 upgrade from BB. i cant find any info on that though

Kinect games like Zoo Tycoon will play so much better on the Xbox One. I can't even play my Kinect games any more (other than Dance Central 3) knowing that we're about to get a much more responsive Kinect with the Xbone.

Is anyone going to miss the sign-in issues with the original Kinect? Step away from the screen in a 2-player game and go through all that slow sign in BS... No way, that sucked.
Also, apparently the Xbox 360 version is going to be severely lacking:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/zoo_tycoon/news/zoo_tycoon_on_xbox_360_doesnt_support_kinect_has_50_smaller_zoos_and_is_offline-only.html

but at least if you choose the 360 version you don't have to wait in line at Walmart...because only the Xbox one version is exclusive....lol

Wait does that meant that if im playing on the one, i can play with people on the 360
? if so, then i saved myself the purchase of the game twice and it will only cost me the $10 upgrade from BB. i cant find any info on that though
Uh, people on the XB1 can't play with people on the 360. If you have an XB1, you can't play in the same multiplayer/co-op game with your friend who has a 360.

You can't even be in the same party or chat if you both have different gen consoles. Microsoft has confirmed this already. You can only send text messages to each other.

Uh, people on the XB1 can't play with people on the 360. If you have an XB1, you can't play in the same multiplayer/co-op game with your friend who has a 360.

You can't even be in the same party or chat if you both have different gen consoles. Microsoft has confirmed this already. You can only send text messages to each other.
gotcha, i figured that.

I see COD has the $70 digital downlaod for both consoles, i might have to go with that then

I never thought I would buy a Call of Duty game after Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox 360 launch, but that digital deal is tempting.  Still not going to do it though.

Whaaaat?! Reallly??? :((((

Whaaaat?! Reallly??? :((((
True story. XB1 architect quoted here:

Is there cross-console Party Chat? i.e. since it’s all “Xbox Live,” can people on Xbox 360s Party Chat with their friends on Xbox One?

WHITTEN: For a variety of technical reasons – including the sound quality that I talk about below – we don’t support voice chat between the two systems. You will still be able to send and receive text messages to friends on both systems, however.

Source and more Q&A's from Microsoft here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

In that CoD Ghosts FAQ when they are talking about the Season Pass working for both 360 & X1 they say "You simply need to upgrade your game and Season Pass to the Xbox One version in the Xbox Live Marketplace".  Does that mean that you just have to download the season pass content via an X1 console or is there something additional you have to purchase?   I'm asking because I probably wont trade in my 360 version for the X1 version at any of the retailers.  Will probably just pick up the X1 version later or maybe GF or Redbox it to make sure I get the season pass content on both.

Last I read, it's tied to your gamertag and CoD Elite account.  When you purchase the XB1 version of Ghosts, just start it up on your new console and (assuming you're on Live) it should recognize that you have access to the season pass contents; it might have to download something, I'm not sure, but you shouldn't have to explicitly do anything on your end.

I am so excited for the huge increase in audio quality in voice chat.  I had forgotten all about that.  Xbox Fitness is another thing I am VERY excited for, as someone who just ran four miles straight last night while playing Halo 3 (still on my goal to 100 miles by 11/22).

It's going to be awesome to officially integrate working out with gaming.

Xbox Fitness is another thing I am VERY excited for, as someone who just ran four miles straight last night while playing Halo 3 (still on my goal to 100 miles by 11/22).

You played Halo 3 while on a treadmill?!?!?! If so, that's some skillz. Bouncing around while still aiming and shooting -- props to you!

Yeah I talked about it a bunch earlier in this topic and have pictures of my treadmill/TV setup in my profile here.  I made a goal to run 100 miles on the treadmill at the 49 day mark and I am behind in that goal now that it's 21 days to go but I'm going to really go for it the next three weeks and do it.  I've been running to Halo campaigns (and Reach multiplayer) since December 2007 (2000+ miles total) so it's nothing to me to do both now, but it is quite a workout.  I'm doing Halo 3 on Legendary and both the first and second level took me about 40-45 minutes each.  Halo 3 and Halo 4 are my two top games of all-time so running to them is the best it gets for me.  I love everything about them, although I wish the music in Halo 4 was louder as it is noticeable on the treadmill how much lower it is compared to the Bungie games.

Hopefully any Kinect integration in Halo 5 doesn't affect this running I do (like if there's leaning or something like in BF4).

I hope Xbox Fitness is as cool as I am thinking it is based on that announce video they did for it.  I'd like to see some Achievements and Gamerscore involved with it, as well as leaderboards (which are confirmed).  I just hope it's as in-depth as it should and could be and the fact that it will be a paid service after the first year gives me hope that it will be.

lol that's a unique idea but why is that treadmill so short? I would assume the motor can't handle running either. I'm 6'6" and 220 pounds so when I bought this treadmill I had to buy one of the best ones. I don't remember the specs and all that to look for, but it was about the same price as that one and 100x better. I have a Lenovo Yoga ultrabook that can fold back into a tablet (or any other scenario) so I can use it on the treadmill just fine without having it officially be a "desk".

Yeah I talked about it a bunch earlier in this topic and have pictures of my treadmill/TV setup in my profile here. I made a goal to run 100 miles on the treadmill at the 49 day mark and I am behind in that goal now that it's 21 days to go but I'm going to really go for it the next three weeks and do it. I've been running to Halo campaigns (and Reach multiplayer) since December 2007 (2000+ miles total) so it's nothing to me to do both now, but it is quite a workout. I'm doing Halo 3 on Legendary and both the first and second level took me about 40-45 minutes each. Halo 3 and Halo 4 are my two top games of all-time so running to them is the best it gets for me. I love everything about them, although I wish the music in Halo 4 was louder as it is noticeable on the treadmill how much lower it is compared to the Bungie games.

Hopefully any Kinect integration in Halo 5 doesn't affect this running I do (like if there's leaning or something like in BF4).

I hope Xbox Fitness is as cool as I am thinking it is based on that announce video they did for it. I'd like to see some Achievements and Gamerscore involved with it, as well as leaderboards (which are confirmed). I just hope it's as in-depth as it should and could be and the fact that it will be a paid service after the first year gives me hope that it will be.
Don't you cry when you play Halo? LOL

bread's done
Back