Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Still cant decide if I should keep my pre order.  I will get one eventually either way, but the gamer in me wants it now!!!  The only thing I want is Titanfall.  Other than that, nothing interests me that I cant already get on the ps4.

I know though, that I will be wanting it in march when titanfall drops....

decisions, decisions

hey Neo, you're gonna love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPyjvfLZdF8

I do Insanity & T25 already, so this will be great for me too

HOLY **** I can't wait for this. I'm in class right now so I don't have sound but I skimmed it and showed a classmate who wants to get the Xbox One and it looks so awesome. Are there going to be workouts that use free weights? I don't know much about P90X but I have some weights I've always wanted motivation to use.

Them giving away Xbox One's now makes me wish I had officially stayed a lot more active in the community like I had been back in the day.  I was a first wave XBL Ambassador and stuff and used to play Xbox Live with Major Nelson and some other Xbox team guys.  I just didn't have the time though once I started college along with working (and gaming).

Still quietly praying that there is a B2G1 free sale on Xbox one titles. I told myself I'd only get three games at launch but that list may be expanding now that I'm seeing more footage :x

My Xbox Live expires on the 18th and my XB1 comes that Friday. I know I should be getting in on that Amazon deal but I'm still trying to hold out for something cheaper.

My Xbox Live expires on the 18th and my XB1 comes that Friday. I know I should be getting in on that Amazon deal but I'm still trying to hold out for something cheaper.

Make sure auto renew is off.

Hey, if i bought games from Walmart and Target, how do I upgrade to the X1/PS4 versions? I got Battlefield 4 (360), NBA 2k14 (PS3) looking to upgrade.

HOLY **** I can't wait for this. I'm in class right now so I don't have sound but I skimmed it and showed a classmate who wants to get the Xbox One and it looks so awesome. Are there going to be workouts that use free weights? I don't know much about P90X but I have some weights I've always wanted motivation to use.
P90X does use weights/resistance bands. If you've got a pull up bar, youll be using that too. I do Insanity now but it's going to be so awesome to get feedback and scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a pull-up bar, but I either do have or could get the resistance bands.  Hopefully XF uses the whole program.

Heads up if anyone was planning on getting NBA 2k14. Amazon currently has the game on sale for $50 for 360. The trade in value is $30 right now and the lowest it can fall to is $25 before Xbox One comes out. They have a trade in program where they give you $25 credit for the X1 copy and the trade in value.

Essential you can play 2k14 until the Xbox One copy comes out for free is what I'm trying to get at.

I've been pretty down on the Xbox One, but this is a killer app to me. No more sheets and it puts everything on the screen and even coaches you. Only negative is isn't this pretty expensive, like $30 a month?

I know a lot of you guys are going to laugh, but any way for a converted gamer to preorder an XBone One this late, or is my only option at this point to camp?

I've been pretty down on the Xbox One, but this is a killer app to me. No more sheets and it puts everything on the screen and even coaches you. Only negative is isn't this pretty expensive, like $30 a month?
Aren't they saying it's free for the first year of Xbox One? (Up until 12/31/14)

Aren't they saying it's free for the first year of Xbox One? (Up until 12/31/14)
I think that's just the app and not the workouts, but not sure. I tried googling and it appears Microsoft hasn't released pricing details yet. But if you've seen the price of Beachbodies workouts, it's hard to believe they are going to give their main series workouts away free for a year, it's going to be interesting. If the pricing is right I may just have to get a bone, especially if I win one in the other thread.

I think that's just the app and not the workouts, but not sure. I tried googling and it appears Microsoft hasn't released pricing details yet. But if you've seen the price of Beachbodies workouts, it's hard to believe they are going to give their main series workouts away free for a year, it's going to be interesting. If the pricing is right I may just have to get a bone, especially if I win one in the other thread.
The video says that they are "all free" to gold subscribers until end of calendar year 2014.

It's free.  Where would anybody get a $30 a month impression?  They announced it's free since the moment it was revealed so why would pricing be unknown?  There is no pricing!

Wombat said that Xbox Support said every Xbox Gold member should be receiving the Killer Instinct email.

The last Xbox email I got was for a code for a car in Forza 5.

Sounds like it's mostly Xbox MVPs are the ones getting the free console and launch games bundle.  Not surprising since they always get a free cop of everything.

Wombat said that Xbox Support said every Xbox Gold member should be receiving the Killer Instinct email.

The last Xbox email I got was for a code for a car in Forza 5.
Killer Instinct is a free game for all Gold members.

The characters are what costs money. It most likely meant that all Gold is getting an email about how the game itself is free.

I would be VERY surprised if it were indeed for every single gold member, that would devalue the game before it even came out. Though if they did it only in NA then that could be considered out 'Fifa'

Hey, if i bought games from Walmart and Target, how do I upgrade to the X1/PS4 versions? I got Battlefield 4 (360), NBA 2k14 (PS3) looking to upgrade.

Trade the BF4 to Amazon to get 33.22 in trade credit, plus a $25 promo credit towards the xbox one version, for a total of 58.22!

NBA 2k13 you can get the digital PS4 version for 9.99, just make sure to keep your disc as you need the disc to play the digital version on the PS4.

Anyone have a screenshot of the killer instinct email? Probably more of an announcement email about how it is free except the characters?

Most people who posted on GAF and CAG were close to or over 100,000 and time on live varied from 4 years to from origin of live service.  I hope I get one.  I have 8 years, but only about 44,000 GS.

It's free. Where would anybody get a $30 a month impression? They announced it's free since the moment it was revealed so why would pricing be unknown? There is no pricing!
Its not free indefinitely so there will be a cost, quit acting so smug.

How does Amazon handle Pre Orders on systems? If i locked a Pre order in should I assume I will be getting one launch day? I have never bought a system at launch from Amazon.
You should be getting it on the release date

sig.jpg

Well I hate to be one of those gamers but it looks like my procrastination is going to have me hustling to get a launch console. I thought I'd be fine waiting until after the holiday rush but I'm starting to get that itch. 

Well I hate to be one of those gamers but it looks like my procrastination is going to have me hustling to get a launch console. I thought I'd be fine waiting until after the holiday rush but I'm starting to get that itch.
Same here. Especially finding out I have the entire week off the week after Xbox One comes out.

You all will be able to find launch consoles if you really want them. There are people selling Amazon preorders left and right, tremendous buyer's market (I should know as I'm trying to offload my preorder). Even if you want to "chance it" and go day one, I think people will have success largely this year in acquiring the systems they want.

Not willing to pay a premium price over msrp but now I'm looking for one...fuck...didn't think I would get ps4 and the bone but now my wife is all excited over xbox one fitness and wants one....lol....I think it looks pretty interesting..haven't really paid attention to it since I saw a vid on ign earlier

Have a ps4 preordered and tons of games to play on ps3, xbox360 and wiiu. Still, I am getting the urge to buy the xone even though I know I won't have time to play. Gotta resist

Well after a few days of dwelling I've decided to keep my preorder! Now I just need to decide on a game or two...or three (c'mon Target!)

I decided today that I'm going to cancel my preorder. I'm going to make someone very happy with giving up my console, as I'm not into trying to sell it off of eBay/Craigslist. I'll get one down the line, but with the PS4 and my current backlog, I just couldn't justify it. If there's anyone out there in upstate NY looking for a Gamestop preorder for the Day One Edition, shoot me a PM.

I posted in the PS4 thread aleady and had a few pm mer about my PS4 preorder.

I have an Amazon Xbox One preorder that I no longer want, just going PS4 now. So if anyone wants it let me know, someone who does not have a preorder already obviously.

I won't give access to my account so the only way for this to work is for you to provide payment and I change the address.

my only stipulation is that you don't hold me responsible if something goes wrong with the order, either from changing the shipping or some other weird BS. I would refund the money obviously if the order got cancelled or backordered or something like that.

Its not free indefinitely so there will be a cost, quit acting so smug.
How is it smug to think it's ridiculous to complain about Microsoft not providing pricing for a service that won't cost anything till 2015. Do you think they even know how much they'll be charging? It'll all depend on the popularity of Xbox Fitness and state of the console.

How is it smug to think it's ridiculous to complain about Microsoft not providing pricing for a service that won't cost anything till 2015. Do you think they even know how much they'll be charging? It'll all depend on the popularity and state of the console.
it's not was just another way for him to bash ms.

Has anyone done any preorders on BB.com, and seen the prices come up weird?

I did 3 games. NBA 2k14, Madden 25, and AC4. They came up as 52.99.

Well with all the changes going on it's screwing with me. 

I got my 20% off. 

Now I just need to make sure my $10 certs go through.

Would make each game about $31 if it does through at the 52.99 price.

so much for the lame every 2 minutes thing the auctions are going for close to 50 k points which is about 600-700 bucks worth of chips and soda. Either those people have alot of friends they get the codes from, dumpster dive or spent more then msrp for a system

so much for the lame every 2 minutes thing the auctions are going for close to 50 k points which is about 600-700 bucks worth of chips and soda. Either those people have alot of friends they get the codes from, dumpster dive or spent more then msrp for a system
They could have done something at work for everyone to give it to them.

All sorts of ways to get those points.

They could have done something at work for everyone to give it to them.

All sorts of ways to get those points.
I remember when I worked in a big office building they paid a company to basically sort their trash to make sure they didn't have too many recyclables mixed in with the trash so they could say they were green or something. One of the workers for that company asked that we keep the caps on the bottles we throw away. A few weeks later we saw three huge bags full of caps. Had to be at least a few thousand per bag. I thought they were selling them on ebay, but maybe they used them for themselves. Thats a lot of code entering though.

I bought a bottle today just to keep forever, although I might drink it over winter break some day, but I doubt it. I still have an unopened Powerade from spring 2003 that was branded and colored special for The Matrix Reloaded and I also have an unopened Halo 4 Game Fuel. I bought two a couple weeks before launch night and then I brought it with me to GameStop and started drinking it at 11:30pm as I waited in line for it and then as I played through it the game to completion till around 7:30am I had sips here and there. It was awesome. I never drink pop so it made the night feel even more rare and different.

How is it smug to think it's ridiculous to complain about Microsoft not providing pricing for a service that won't cost anything till 2015. Do you think they even know how much they'll be charging? It'll all depend on the popularity of Xbox Fitness and state of the console.
When I say it's the one thing that might get me to buy the system I'd say it's pretty damn important to me ass hat. You're not the only person in the world and your situation doesn't apply to everyone. Quit thinking you're the authority on all that is Xbox One, you're far to full of yourself.

it's not was just another way for him to bash ms.
Timbo, what did your comment contribute to this conversation? Or are you just trying to blow Neo in hopes that he'll be your only friend on the board?

When I say it's the one thing that might get me to buy the system I'd say it's pretty damn important to me ass hat. You're not the only person in the world and your situation doesn't apply to everyone. Quit thinking you're the authority on all that is Xbox One, you're far to full of yourself.

Timbo, what did your comment contribute to this conversation? Or are you just trying to blow Neo in hopes that he'll be your only friend on the board. How about let me get you a glass of.. shut the hell up.

You need a snickers lol.

Can't we all just get along.

bread's done
Back