Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Holy moly:

http://youtu.be/xhe6jV-APwM

Their setup is basically exactly what mine is like distance and height-wise too. Looks as perfect as I was hoping.
niice, looks like windows 8

sig.jpg

wonder if he got contacted by someone.  the console is completely useless till the 22nd.  Maybe the update is available the day before but with the update it is worthless

Does anyone know when bestbuy will take out money for the pre order? Will it be the week before or on the day of pickup?
They will do another authorization sometime the week of release just to make sure you have funds available. However it wont got past pending until you actual pick up the system. It may even drop back off your credit card before then, just depends on your bank

So I got the Day 1 Xbox live card in the mail. It's a cool novelty item, the "card" itself is a cut out piece of brushed metal, with the symbols indented on front and "DAY ONE 2013, XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBER" on the back. Really corny but it's a nice touch, the two codes are printed on a separate piece of paper.

Looking forward to going to my nearest microsoft store and playing some xbox one, hope they have Killer Instinct.

Last edited by a moderator:
So another guy got a Xbox One shipped to him from Target already. He is playing COD:Ghosts

9ca9a684ff56ac095a52cee9c76dae48.png

He also listed the download size for games

COD:G 39 GB

Madden 12GB

NBA2k14 43GB

Forza5 31GB

NBA Live 14 9GB

Ryse 34GB

So another guy got a Xbox One shipped to him from Target already. He is playing COD:Ghosts

9ca9a684ff56ac095a52cee9c76dae48.png

He also listed the download size for games

COD:G 39 GB

Madden 12GB

NBA2k14 43GB

Forza5 31GB

NBA Live 14 9GB

Ryse 34GB
are those to download as in purchase or install?

can you even install discs like you can on 360?

More download sizes

Skylanders: 15GB
LocoCycle: 13GB
Dead Rising 3: 19GB
FIFA 14: 8GB
Assassin's Creed IV: 20GB
Just Dance 2014: 22GB

not sure where to post this but I checked gamestops website earlier today and it seems they are selling the controller with play and charge kit. I checked for instore pickup, but it's not available in NY.

not sure where to post this but I checked gamestops website earlier today and it seems they are selling the controller with play and charge kit. I checked for instore pickup, but it's not available in NY.
Hopefully, Amazon gets theirs in as well. I have it pre-ordered there at $60

not going to look at 100 pages of posts so..

I preordered at Walmart in Aug.

Any word if they suppose to call you or anything when they have them in stock like say to pick it up on launch day?

That's crazy that he got it early.  Target is going to get their asses reamed for this one! 

That top games feature is pretty cool.  I don't think that many X1's have leaked, that must be beta testers online playing. 

Good to see the day one update is only 500mb, that shouldn't take long at all. Wii U took forever to update. It was a nightmare.

They will do another authorization sometime the week of release just to make sure you have funds available. However it wont got past pending until you actual pick up the system. It may even drop back off your credit card before then, just depends on your bank
Thanks so it wont be until around the 17th-23rd? Not next weekend becuase I have some bills I have to pay and wont have funds available thats why Im curious. Id hate to have my day one cancelled because them doing another authorization charge.

Now that the average person has the Xbox One in their home for real and aren't on Microsoft's leash it looks like we can now see if all the troll's doomsday scenarios are true or not.

Yeah, Microsoft had Youtube take down the video and he says he e-mailed his receipt to Microsoft.  MS needs to just **** off with this stuff now.  It was understandable when it was employee's consoles and a NDA was being broken but this guy has signed no NDA and can say anything and everything.  This is the best PR the Xbox One has probably ever gotten so they need to just sit back and let this guy show the world how awesome this thing is and answer all the specific technical questions people are curious about that MS never thinks to tell people.

Yeah, Microsoft had Youtube take down the video and he says he e-mailed his receipt to Microsoft. MS needs to just **** off with this stuff now. It was understandable when it was employee's consoles and a NDA was being broken but this guy has signed no NDA and can say anything and everything. This is the best PR the Xbox One has probably ever gotten so they need to just sit back and let this guy show the world how awesome this thing is and answer all the specific technical questions people are curious about that MS never thinks to tell people.
yeah, a lot of hype around him and it's getting me excited.

I'm a noob so what happens if he uploads gameplay or what not--read his tweets about breaking an embargo?

Just wanted to give an update on an earlier post about saving more with Best Buy than targets B2G1 sale (in the long run). You can indeed put three preorders on the same transaction which allows you to take advantage of the $10 preorder promo + $25 cert for buying three next gen titles. After the 20% off for GCU it comes to $144+ tax. Factor in $55 in certs and it's essentially $89 for three games.

I know.. factoring the certs in to the final savings is cheating but it allows me to buy more loot after the points post. In the end I'll still save money this way.

Just wanted to give an update on an earlier post about saving more with Best Buy than targets B2G1 sale (in the long run). You can indeed put three preorders on the same transaction which allows you to take advantage of the $10 preorder promo + $25 cert for buying three next gen titles. After the 20% off for GCU it comes to $144+ tax. Factor in $55 in certs and it's essentially $89 for three games.

I know.. factoring the certs in to the final savings is cheating but it allows me to buy more loot after the points post. In the end I'll still save money this way.
Read the weekly AD again. The $25 bonus is only for select PS4 titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, a lot of hype around him and it's getting me excited.

I'm a noob so what happens if he uploads gameplay or what not--read his tweets about breaking an embargo?
I didn't see his embargo tweets, but I don't expect him to be able to have videos of the games on YouTube and I'd rather that not even be something that's allowed cause we don't need games now (or later) being spoiled so I'm glad when those get killed quick.

Showing hardware and UI and answering questions is nothing they should be able to sue over and it's ridiculous to watch them try.

I really wish I had been online when the unboxing video went live.  I download all those videos the second I load them and would have still had it.

I didn't see his embargo tweets, but I don't expect him to be able to have videos of the games on YouTube and I'd rather that not even be something that's allowed cause we don't need games now (or later) being spoiled so I'm glad when those get killed quick.

Showing hardware and UI and answering questions is nothing they should be able to sue over and it's ridiculous to watch them try.
that's pretty crazy though that he got it 2 weeks before.

Would definitely have to assume someone at Target will take a shit or even Target as a whole will take a fine or something

bread's done
Back