Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Just a FYI if I do end up playing with anyone when I get my X1 I do have tendencies to cuss a lot when playing shooters lol. Just a warning.

But I tend to control it if it bothers people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a FYI if I do end up playing with anyone when I get my X1 I do have tendencies to cuss a lot when playing shooters lol. Just a warning. But I tend to control it if it bothers people.
Then you need to add me (aircobra). I tend to do the same.

not sure if this is chinese to some, but do you play sim? I have 2k & Madden league's on 360 and we'll need people for the Xbox One, too.

No clue what you mean, but I will be getting 2k14 on X1 l. I plan on playing a lot so I could join.

Anyone know what games (if any) you can purchase on xbox 360 arcade games on demand, and then upgrade for 9.99 (or whatever) to the xbox one version ?

There seems to be a bit of confusion if whether i can digitally buy like COD Ghosts or something on games on demand on my 360 then upgrade it once i get xbox one

Thanks

I know with Ghosts you will be able to upgrade to X1 version for $10 if you buy from Games on Demand. Haven't heard about others.
Is that official?

Is there any "special" way you need to go about doing this ?

Or just buy the 59.99 version, and bam, youre good ?

It is official, but for whatever reason I cannot copy and paste anything into CAG comments. Just upgraded to 8.1, so I'm assuming that has something to do with it. I'll post the link to the official page if nobody else does before I fix this.

You also get a map if you are a rewards member.

Im talking about the xbox marketplace.

I have like 53$ set to expire (I got hacked, and when they refunded it, it expires after a year) like 4 days before xbox one comes out.

Trying to find the best way to spend it before then

Are you getting an X1? Ghosts or BF4? Buy the season pass. It ports over to next gen.

Does the season pass even offer anything right now ?

I figured just buy it once X1 comes out, unless its cheaper right now or something ?

I thought you were just trying to use the points up.

It works just like the other season passes. Pays for the content ahead of time for a discount.

I went to Best Buy today to pre-order Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but it looks like they stopped taking in-store pre-orders.  Anyone else run into this?  I was able to reserve Ghosts in store a few weeks back.

I thought you were just trying to use the points up.

It works just like the other season passes. Pays for the content ahead of time for a discount.

Well I am, but I have 53$

So figured i could just buy a game for 59.99

Plus im not a big fan of cod/bf. I probably wouldnt enjoy it long enough to get much out of a season pass

Plus im not a big fan of cod/bf. I probably wouldnt enjoy it long enough to get much out of a season pass

Ok. I was just throwing out suggestions.

Get whatever you enjoy.

Ok. I was just throwing out suggestions.

Get whatever you enjoy.

I know, i just didnt know what options there are to use it now for the next console.

Theres been a lack of clarification from microsoft , its the 3rd partie sources who highlight their deals well

If you're going to buy CoD anyway, you could put the $53 towards the 360 digital version which allows for a $10 digital upgrade. That would be $17 out of pocket (plus tax) for the digital XBONE version, plus 360 to play now, if you were buying it anyway.

I know, i just didnt know what options there are to use it now for the next console.

Theres been a lack of clarification from microsoft , its the 3rd partie sources who highlight their deals well
From MS's website: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-ghosts

As Aliens said, buy it digitally on 360 and when you're ready to upgrade to Xbox 1 you'll pay $9.99. You'll also get the Free Fall map if you're an xbox live rewards member.

DR3 looks like a very fun game, can't wait to play that one, and the guy who was tweeting about the X1 last night was great. He put to rest a lot of rumors surrounding the X1's OS. I do think MS has a big edged when it comes to that.

Yes, this is great news, thanks for letting me know. UPS doesn't let their drivers return with any packages in their truck, everyone's system will be delivered by launch this means as long as they are sent out with that delivery date. How does this will call thing work?

You sign up for My Choice on the UPS website. Then whenever they ship your package you can go in and change the drop off location.

Edit: Does DR3 have some kind of multiplayer? I have it and Forza reserved now (for the 30% off coupon at Target) but really want BF4 or NBA 2k14 instead of it.

Played Killer Instinct at the Microsoft store today, needless to say I instantly ordered the pin ultimate edition online, I need this game so bad.

I also played Forza 5, thinking about cancelling that one after such an underwhelming impression. Maybe i'm just not into racer sims (loved Horizon though).

DR3 looks like a very fun game, can't wait to play that one, and the guy who was tweeting about the X1 last night was great. He put to rest a lot of rumors surrounding the X1's OS. I do think MS has a big edged when it comes to that.
I'm not a fan the Windows 8 mirror look. I'm sure I will adjust to it just fine, but the whole tile/win 8 scheme has yet to be on my good side.

You sign up for My Choice on the UPS website. Then whenever they ship your package you can go in and change the drop off location.

Edit: Does DR3 have some kind of multiplayer? I have it and Forza reserved now (for the 30% off coupon at Target) but really want BF4 or NBA 2k14 instead of it.
Not sure if DR3 has multi on it, but If you are stuck on 3 I would get 2k4,Forza,and DR3.

Don't forget GS will have BF4 on sale for Black Friday.

Played Killer Instinct at the Microsoft store today, needless to say I instantly ordered the pin ultimate edition online, I need this game so bad.

I also played Forza 5, thinking about cancelling that one after such an underwhelming impression. Maybe i'm just not into racer sims (loved Horizon though).
I can not wait for Killer Instinct. Hours of brotherly ass kicking will happen.

Was Forza using the cloud? You can only get the 1080p 60fps version if it's on the cloud.

Was Forza using the cloud? You can only get the 1080p 60fps version if it's on the cloud.
I dunno if this is sarcasm or not, but are you serious? I'm pretty sure the only thing this game uses for the cloud is the Driveatars.

It was 60 fps I can attest to that.

I dunno if this is sarcasm or not, but are you serious? I'm pretty sure the only thing this game uses for the cloud is the Driveatars.

It was 60 fps I can attest to that.
Does the 30 vs 60 fps from what you can tell make a big difference in games?

Not sure if DR3 has multi on it, but If you are stuck on 3 I would get 2k4,Forza,and DR3.

Don't forget GS will have BF4 on sale for Black Friday.
Not sure yet, honestly I'm pretty up in the air on games right now. Powerstar Golf is creeping up on my radar. If it is anything like Hotshots for PSP back in the day...sign me up.

My shortlist is:

Forza

NFS: Rivals

NBA 2k14

BF4

DR3

Powershots Golf

I'll probably have to narrow down to two full price launch titles.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/65749/forza-5-is-1080p-because-turn-10-could-rely-on-xbox-ones-cloud-during-development/

Well I was referring to this and perhaps I could be wrong. My impressions is that you need the cloud to get max graphics.
nah, they said since they used microsoft's servers, they spent less time on that and more time focusing on getting the game running at 1080p/60fps. Of course, every news site ran with "forza 5 1080p not possible without cloud" for clicks.

Does the 30 vs 60 fps from what you can tell make a big difference in games?
It's just a preference. Honestly, I can live with either. 60 fps is nice (and important for fast paced games like fighters) but if a game looks pretty at 30 fps, I can't complain.

not really x1 related but I also have a PS4 pre-ordered from GameStop and paid off.  GS just called me and said they are having an event tomorrow where you can trade in anything toward the PS4 and get 90% bonus.  I said I already had it paid off and asked if I can still bring some stuff in toward paying off some other stuff.  He asked the manager and said no you can't.  Thanks for the call, goofball

looks like ms is now kissing that guys butt he will now be at x1 lauch party. that dude should get his x1 for free and many other things they pretty much ruined his rep for something that was not even his fault.

I went to Best Buy today to pre-order Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but it looks like they stopped taking in-store pre-orders. Anyone else run into this? I was able to reserve Ghosts in store a few weeks back.
I was able to preorder Ryse at my local Best Buy this past Thursday.

bread's done
Back