Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Yeah you can use both..but considering I just got $50 overnight shipping free - and they told me i cannot combine - i must rather do that than hassle trying to risk getting it SOLD OUT and using that system for $400 and $75 more. to me its like i didnt get $25 more. (75$) over 50$ free shipping. No big deal for me. In the long run -it's negligible since I got killer instict for free :).

Last edited by a moderator:
So there was a guy with a gun a school and that's what you are most worried about? I really hope no one was hurt.
No, I'm absolutely infuriated, but for me personally that is the main thing I am living for besides helping my eldest cat through his cancer treatment.

Yeah you can use both..but considering I just got $50 overnight shipping free - and they told me i cannot combine - i must rather do that than hassle trying to risk getting it SOLD OUT and using that system for $400 and $75 more. to me its like i didnt get $25 more. (75$) over 50$ free shipping. No big deal for me. In the long run -it's negligible since I got killer instict for free :).
How did you get killer instinct for free and how did you get the 50 dollar free shipping?

Btw, i dont care about cost because its a tax write off for me, the more the merrier :) F*U UNCLE SAM.

thankfully MS emailed me about my preorder I forgot to cancel. Ordered from MS and amazon first, then gamestop instore. forgot to cancel MS when I decided i did not want to flip one. cancelled today

Ah yes, My career involves 3D animation as well as 2.5D design. Even when i am playing a game, I am also "researching" looking at textures/polygons, how things are animated, how flares are used, etc. I can write off Video games, Cable TV, internet, any movie i go see, any movie i purchase, any game I purchase, netflix, hulu, basically anything to do with Media and design.

How did you get killer instinct for free and how did you get the 50 dollar free shipping?

Btw, i dont care about cost because its a tax write off for me, the more the merrier :) F*U UNCLE SAM.
DELL ADVANTAGE MEMBER FOR 3+ years = one day shipping.

killer instinct free - courtesy of being a loyal microsofter since Xbox 1 - Day One.

Also - I won Dead Rising 3 from Capcom Unity Forums (thats 65$ alone I believe)?

So yeah...good week.

Ah yes, My career involves 3D animation as well as 2.5D design. Even when i am playing a game, I am also "researching" looking at textures/polygons, how things are animated, how flares are used, etc. I can write off Video games, Cable TV, internet, any movie i go see, any movie i purchase, any game I purchase, netflix, hulu, basically anything to do with Media and design.
That's awesome. I need to find loopholes for my taxes lol.

DELL ADVANTAGE MEMBER FOR 3+ years = one day shipping.

killer instinct free - courtesy of being a loyal microsofter since Xbox 1 - Day One.

Also - I won Dead Rising 3 from Capcom Unity Forums (thats 65$ alone I believe)?

So yeah...good week.
I echo Wombat with this Loyalty thing.. I guess being with Xbox since original launch in 2001, and being a XBL beta tester with the same GT I still have today isn't considered loyal enough.

I echo Wombat with this Loyalty thing.. I guess being with Xbox since original launch in 2001, and being a XBL beta tester with the same GT I still have today isn't considered loyal enough.
Nope. Likely because you, like me, have a relatively low Gamerscore despite your tenure. I've been with Xbox since launch day 2001 and a Live member since I don't even know when, but the most recognition I've received was an avatar helmet. My GS is something like 23,000. Them's the breaks.

I've had my account I'm using now since the day the 360 launched, been in various 360 betas, and have 170k gamerscore basically. Didn't get any free game, so they might literally just be picking at random

No, I'm absolutely infuriated, but for me personally that is the main thing I am living for besides helping my eldest cat through his cancer treatment.
Dude, we need to get you some socializing. Join a club or something.

I have no way of knowing this is part of the problem, but dressing better and decent haircut (also be well shaved and don't have a giant beard) couldn't hurt with the meeting people. And definitely don't tell people you're living for a cat or a new game system - that's hella creepy.

Just a heads up, there's two people on Reddit that preordered the standard edition from Amazon around Sept. 20th, and they got upgraded to a Day One edition just now. 

Dude, we need to get you some socializing. Join a club or something.

I have no way of knowing this is part of the problem, but dressing better and decent haircut (also be well shaved and don't have a giant beard) couldn't hurt with the meeting people. And definitely don't tell people you're living for a cat or a new game system - that's hella creepy.
What you got against giant beards, guy?

Has anyone heard of a universal remote that will support the xbox one yet?
That would be sweet, I wonder if any current smart remotes will be able to pick it up right away or not!

Hey, as long as you have real life friends and aren't creepy, I'm sure there's no need to shear the thing. :)
Haha, it's all good. I just saw the name Gimli and couldn't not respond. But yeah, I'm pretty hang out able and I have a beard so I suppose it does depend on the person :p

That would be sweet, I wonder if any current smart remotes will be able to pick it up right away or not!

Haha, it's all good. I just saw the name Gimli and couldn't not respond. But yeah, I'm pretty hang out able and I have a beard so I suppose it does depend on the person :p
I was actually hoping one of those fancy ones would update to work for it.

BAHHHH, I hate Amazon. I had to change my CC because of a fraud alert I had in September. I go to change my method of payment and it changes my day one edition delivery date to Nov 26th, after an hour of being on the phone the best they could do is change it to the 25th.

SMH

It depends on the person. If somebody's got a problem with social skills, the Gimli look isn't going to make him any more approachable.
I have fine social skills, I'm 6'6", clean shaven, and my hair is usually short and basic. My clothes aren't super fancy but not bad either. I also run several miles a day so I'm not even in bad shape.

I just don't care about wasting my time and energy on people. People are one of my least favorite aspects of my day, so why would I spend more time trying to impress them or spend time with them? I like being alone with the things I appreciate and that bring me nothing but joy. Just because someone doesn't fit some stereotypical societal demand doesn't mean they're all messed up.

If I would have to shave for someone to like me, I'm going to just guess I wouldn't want to be around that someone to begin with.

On topic: a nearby walmart has a demo unit partially in place. Still not on or the controller available to be groped.

My Best Buy on Polaris Parkway in Columbus, OH has a demo unit with no controllers as of this weekend. I wanna go back and see if they've updated it.

In regards to the Ebay one console limit, FYI, this rule is dumb, because I had two people win and then not pay, so I couldn't put it back up.  Easy fix is categorize it under video games, games... it will let you post more than one

I have fine social skills, I'm 6'6", clean shaven, and my hair is usually short and basic. My clothes aren't super fancy but not bad either. I also run several miles a day so I'm not even in bad shape.

I just don't care about wasting my time and energy on people. People are one of my least favorite aspects of my day, so why would I spend more time trying to impress them or spend time with them? I like being alone with the things I appreciate and that bring me nothing but joy. Just because someone doesn't fit some stereotypical societal demand doesn't mean they're all messed up.
Amen. If you make a living for yourself (in a legal matter) and spend your free time doing the things you enjoy, more power to you.

Some people like to spend their free time at a bar, some like to chill with their families, others play sports, video games, or whatever. The point is that people are unique and we all enjoy different things.

That being said, most people need some degree of social interaction to get by whether through our jobs, message boards, families or free time.

I actually have the Harmony smart remote. Basically my iphone is the smart phone and they update the firmware on a regular basis, its basically just a infared hub. Might be probably the only one at launch that will work.

Amen. If you make a living for yourself (in a legal matter) and spend your free time doing the things you enjoy, more power to you.

Some people like to spend their free time at a bar, some like to chill with their families, others play sports, video games, or whatever. The point is that people are unique and we all enjoy different things.

That being said, most people need some degree of social interaction to get by whether through our jobs, message boards, families or free time.
Who are you to judge if he chooses to spend his free time with an elderly cat with cancer? I mean that totally is not just a tiny bit depressing at all!

My cat is totally fine and you wouldn't even be able to tell he has cancer right now, cause I brought him back from the brink along with some amazing doctors. If something were to happen to me though he wouldn't get this level of care, not to mention he would be in complete depression and not eat if I wasn't around. This is not your average cat, him and I have a bond that is more like a man and his dog. It's not depressing at all to be around him, it's when I'm my happiest. Unfortunately, I spend all day at school this semester.

In regards to the Ebay one console limit, FYI, this rule is dumb, because I had two people win and then not pay, so I couldn't put it back up. Easy fix is categorize it under video games, games... it will let you post more than one
I was wondering if that worked.. doesnt it make it harder to find? Just wondering if it could cause a dispute or open a door for scammers

I was wondering if that worked.. doesnt it make it harder to find? Just wondering if it could cause a dispute or open a door for scammers
Not harder to find, if you just search xbox one it still comes up, if someone starts the search by category then yes. Technically Ebay could shut down the listing, but thats about the only diffference. I did it twice since I had to report my listing 3 times and never had an issue.

I'm pretty sure the XB1 itself is a universal remote, it blasts IR signals to whatever you want it to, TV, Stereo, Cable Box, etc. If they make an official media remote it's sure to apply to all.

I'm pretty sure the XB1 itself is a universal remote, it blasts IR signals to whatever you want it to, TV, Stereo, Cable Box, etc. If they make an official media remote it's sure to apply to all.
To use the features in the commercials like switching between tv and game play do you have to run the cable box hdmi iinto the x1??

Looks so tacky behind the entertainment center.

I don't often look behind my entertainment center, but when I do, I don't notice any power bricks under the mess of wires.

Mine has no solid walls. It is open all around. So I see them all day long.

http://youtu.be/MWs38KL3C4E

Can PS4 do this? I've said it before and I'll say it again Microsoft will win when it comes to software.

Can PS4 do this? I've said it before and I'll say it again Microsoft will win when it comes to software.
I have to start paying attention to some of these things.. im going to be lost on the 22nd...

Not the best demo they could have ever made to show off the feature, but it's cool and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be using it to play video from my Blu-ray player while I game sometimes.

bread's done
Back