Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I just got a promotional e-mail from Microsoft about Dead Rising 3 and all it does is show all the silly, dumb costumes you can dress in. The more "zany" crap they show the more I think I'm just going to rent this one. I'm sure it's good, but I'm not big on spending $60 on games as it is and I get less excited each time I happen to see something.
I feel the same way, man. I'm also reading that the game has very bad framerate issues where it drops to the lows 20s. Really sad to hear that. However, I'm still going to pick it up along with Battlefield 4 and Forza. I'm praying Target does a b2g1 so I can save some money.

I would sell it on eBay then change the shipping address to the winning bidder.

A friend of mine who had a preorder from Amazon put it up on auction/buy it now and it was sold 20 minutes later.
There's no way to ensure that the UPS carrier will require a signature. Anything sold on eBay for over $250 requires a signature to qualify for PayPal seller protection. If the UPS carrier just hands it over to the recipient or leaves it at the door that person can claim they never got it regardless of what tracking says and the seller is out $400.

My brother called Amazon and they could not do anything to ensure UPS would require a signature. People ARE going to be burned by this. Only way to guarantee you don't take it up the rear is to receive it from Amazon and re-ship it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way to ensure that the UPS carrier will require a signature. Anything sold on eBay for over $250 requires a signature to qualify for PayPal seller protection. If the UPS carrier just hands it over to the recipient or leaves it at the door that person can claim they never got it regardless of what tracking says and the seller is out $400.

My brother called Amazon and they could not do anything to ensure UPS would require a signature. People ARE going to be burned by this. Only way to guarantee you don't take it up the rear is to receive it from Amazon and re-ship it yourself.
I agree with this. Especially for the dude that has never sold anything on EBay. I think you are just asking for trouble.

I have a PS4 paid off and was going to sale it on EBay but I just don't want to deal with the shady ass rip off people on there. You ate basically going to he at the mercy of whoever wins the auction.

I hate selling on ebay. There are also fake accounts that bid you items up but then don't pay. I've also been sent fake echecks that bounced.

ugh, starting to read some of the PS4 reviews.  Kind of what I expected.  I have one paid off, not sure if I'll pick it up or not.  Hopefully the X1 launch games are reviewed better.

People must be canceling their amazon pre-orders left and right, or MS is shipping a ton of these things.  My original ship date was early next year, but just bumped up to December 2nd and it says "Day One Edition" on my order now, but that is not the one I ordered.  I'm just happy to be getting it earlier.

ugh, starting to read some of the PS4 reviews. Kind of what I expected. I have one paid off, not sure if I'll pick it up or not. Hopefully the X1 launch games are reviewed better.
Ghosts reviews are better for X1 so far. I'm interested in the exclusive games though.

Ghosts reviews are better for X1 so far. I'm interested in the exclusive games though.

I've heard the PS4 doesn't stay at a constant 60fps during multiplayer with a lot of action going on.

From what I read the X1 runs smoother, but the PS4 looks a little better? Being a last gen game I'm not expecting the graphics to blow me away in either case so yeah I'd rather have the X1 version that runs smoother.

I'm losing hope Ryse is going to be good, but I can't imagine Forza and Dead Rising 3 will be bad. Plus Killer Instinct is looking pretty good. All things considered I'm looking way more forward to the X1 now.

If Resogun is your best launch game your doing something wrong.

From what I read the X1 runs smoother, but the PS4 looks a little better? Being a last gen game I'm not expecting the graphics to blow me away in either case so yeah I'd rather have the X1 version that runs smoother.

I'm losing hope Ryse is going to be good, but I can't imagine Forza and Dead Rising 3 will be bad. Plus Killer Instinct is looking pretty good. All things considered I'm looking way more forward to the X1 now.

If Resogun is your best launch game your doing something wrong.
I unfortunately do not have high hopes. I feel like Ryse will do poorly (I am getting it anyway) Forza will be a solid most places or so I bet and then Dead Rising I imagine the average score being around 7.

Killer Instinct does look great though and I have a feeling that will be what scores the best of all the X1 games.

I am more looking forward to the prospect of new games after this launch because realistically both parties feel extremely rushed which is unfortunate.

Hi, folks. I'm actually in the market to pick one of these up, if anyone is considering dumping their pre-order. I found out a bit late that my brother-in-law wants one, so I'm chasing it for my sister.

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks!

I'm considering canceling my Amazon pre-order of the Day One Edition Xbox One. What do you guys suggest? Should I keep it and sell it on eBay, sell it to some other CAG and get it shipped straight from Amazon (if that even works), what?
I went the ebay route as well.. easy way to atleast get something out of it..

I hate selling on ebay. There are also fake accounts that bid you items up but then don't pay. I've also been sent fake echecks that bounced.
Don't bother with echecks. Use Buy It Now and require immediate payment. Also make sure you are selling to a verified seller with feedback. You should be fine.

Still looking to trade a launch edition ps4 for a day one xbox. There seems to be a ton of people canceling ><.

Some of the kinect stuff looks great I'm surprised at the strong showing Microsoft has had lately
And so the transition back to MS being on top begins.... good good. I knew it were just a matter of time : P

(but no I do not want to trade my X1 sorry haha goodluck though)

And so the transition back to MS being on top begins.... good good. I knew it were just a matter of time : P

(but no I do not want to trade my X1 sorry haha goodluck though)
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I suspect things will start turning around in X1's favor. Sony is a great hardware company but M$ is a great software company. The experience on X1 will surely be cleaner and more refined. That shouldn't surprise anyone. I decided to cancel my PS4 pre-order, I'm not dropping $460 to play Killzone. Ain't happening.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I suspect things will start turning around in X1's favor. Sony is a great hardware company but M$ is a great software company. The experience on X1 will surely be cleaner and more refined. That shouldn't surprise anyone. I decided to cancel my PS4 pre-order, I'm not dropping $460 to play Killzone. Ain't happening.
That is all I really meant anyway. Yes PS4 got all this launch hype but in the end I feel like it will be Xbox's superior games and services that will keep it up top despite a rocky past few months.

Ditto. My gut feeling is that DR3 and Forza5 will score low-mid 80s, and Ryse is going to be a Knack-like failure.

Also, is there any sort of consensus on COD:G vs BF4? I haven't played either of them since the WWII days.

Also, is there any sort of consensus on COD:G vs BF4? I haven't played either of them since the WWII days.
They are completely different games.

BF4 has much more weight and feels like war with epic set-piece moments. CoD is more or less a glorified arcade shooter.

Having both since launch I enjoy each in their own regards but I would never be able to pick one over the other because they are far too different to me.

Too bad you had to pay $460 or even $500 for a console...

I have paid $310 out of pocket for my PS4, 6 launch games, and 2 years of PS Plus...(thanks to game trades and b2g1 deals at both Amazon and Target... :)

Ghost is not only game on ps4 having issues. Seems like kz is having frame rate issues. Seems like ps4 might have some legit issues running games at full 1080p and keep games at 60 fps non stop. I would not mind games at 720-1080 on x1 if they keep 60 fps non stop. I agree when it comes to x1 having way better software. We ware only 8 days away people can't wait.

I have paid $310 out of pocket for my PS4, 6 launch games, and 2 years of PS Plus...(thanks to game trades and b2g1 deals at both Amazon and Target... :)
Not sure how paying 500 bucks for a system that will last 6-7 years as a awful thing to troll someone over.

I was wanting to tag this thread with an identifier (only one currently is xbox one), but can't find how to do it.  Does anyone know?

Might just be launch but Sony has a rough road. It's only two big guns are Infamous and Driveclub outside of the indie titles till what, next Fall/Winter? As I predicted earlier, MS will have a stronger launch lineup. Y'ah know, the games?

Don't forget the 8 hours of dual shock 4 battery life compared to 30-40 of the PS3's controller, and the topic that got locked on neogaf with the nubs wearing down really fast.

Unless the X1 has RROD like issues in the first year they misewell be golden from here till the end of 2014.

Might just be launch but Sony has a rough road. It's only two big guns are Infamous and Driveclub outside of the indie titles till what, next Fall/Winter? As I predicted earlier, MS will have a stronger launch lineup. Y'ah know, the games?

Don't forget the 8 hours of dual shock 4 battery life compared to 30-40 of the PS3's controller, and the topic that got locked on neogaf with the nubs wearing down really fast.

Unless the X1 has RROD like issues in the first year they misewell be golden from here till the end of 2014.
And unless they really make a drastic difference from inFamous 2 I do not see it doing all that great score-wise anyway.

I completely agree though, that is what I have been thinking for the longest time and I am glad so many of the X1 bad-mouthers are finally seeing what we saw! Either way though I still see me getting a PS4 sometime next year probably haha

that's what happens when you put a move light on your controller and stays on even if you don't have a cam

justa side note you can sign into psn by system knowing your face hmmm seems like i seen that done before.

I find it odd that every time I watch a video for the PS4 it has an XBOX add prior to it.
everyone knows ms kicked sony butt on software side of things last gen and will happen again this gen. More and more time goes on im SOOOO happy im not getting a ps4 at launch and getting a x1. When it comes to games i think the talk of oh xbox can't even run cod at 1080 p has stop after all the stuff about cod having frame rate issues at 1080 on ps4 and even killone having frame rate issues is showing ps4 is not that more over the top.

everyone knows ms kicked sony butt on software side of things last gen and will happen again this gen.
yeah, the Xbox One UI is really looking great...and this is just the launch UI. Remember, we had blades to start the 360 generation:

eDxDkkU.jpg

Why are people so sure the Xbox One games are going to be scored so much better? These are freaking launch title games. What was the last great launch title game? Halo? Mario 64?

You are going to see a lot of 7 and 8 for Xbox games as well.

Why are people so sure the Xbox One games are going to be scored so much better? These are freaking launch title games. What was the last great launch title game? Halo? Mario 64?

im not going off review scores from a person that played about 30 mins of knack i was not impressed. Of course we know ryse will get pretty low scores. ryse is just a renter for me but ps fanboys were saying knack was a system seller it's far from that. To be honest i don't think any system has a system seller. I can't wait till both systems are out so we can stop with all the bash left and right and just play the dang GAMES.

I expect similar to the PS4 actually like you say. But that in itself is the argument. Everyone acted like Sony was the best for so long and now clearly game-wise they are on par at the moment but with less exclusives. Plus there are multiple reports of CoD and BF running more smoothly on the X1. Not to mention the simple fact of the better UI.

That came off super fanboyish but I didn't mean it to be. I am just pointing out the changing dynamics of the two at the moment.

im not going off review scores from a person that played about 30 mins of knack i was not impressed. Of course we know ryse will get pretty low scores. ryse is just a renter for me but ps fanboys were saying knack was a system seller it's far from that. To be honest i don't think any system has a system seller. I can't wait till both systems are out so we can stop with all the bash left and right and just play the dang GAMES.
But I thought the only reason there was a PS4 and and XboxOne was to compare the two constantly and bicker back and forth... you are saying we actually get to play them?!?

Boy am I more excited for the 22nd now! : P

And sixes!

This whole conversation, as if the PS4 launch reviews are damning, is really silly and shortsighted. Just because many PS4 fans are a-holes doesn't mean Xbox One fans should be a-holes too. You guys can (and should) do better.

And I paid $200 or so out of pocket for my X1+Extra Controller\play and charge kit and so much more 360 games. Please, if youre going to compare price out of pocket, know that youre not the only one flipping.

I'm happy to be getting both systems . More excited for x but that's just because of my personal opinion of the controller and halo.

Don't remember anybody calling knack a system seller ....

bread's done
Back