Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I got my 3 xbox games at BB. $10 rz for each game, $25 rz plus 20% off each game.

Also got in on the Ghosts Prestige bundle for Ghosts and got a $10 cert for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gratz on ship notification Mike. Does your tracking show expected delivery date yet?
No delivery date yet. Shows A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

My ps4 was shipped the day before. I have prime though don't know if that makes a difference

No, I don't have prime either and it was shipped next day. Ms like Apple does, will tell the courier to hold the product till the day of.

My ps4 was shipped the day before. I have prime though don't know if that makes a difference

No, I don't have prime either and it was shipped next day. Ms like Apple does, will tell the courier to hold the product till the day of.

People in here also have a ps4 already? Seems like buying a new ipad and galaxy tab 3 at the same time. You can't have the time and the total entry cost is just insane.

People in here also have a ps4 already? Seems like buying a new ipad and galaxy tab 3 at the same time. You can't have the time and the total entry cost is just insane.
I justified it since these systems will still be relevant in 4 years unlike whatever 2013 tablets are out. Plus game releases are few and far between after a console launch, so that gives you time to breathe. That and holiday time off from work!

Picked up an Xbox one controller with play and charge kit from gamestop today. Anyone else not loving the new controller that much? Could be me since I've been playing the PS4 all weekend, but I think I like the PS4's better.

Yeah, I've been doing flips the entire year, and its paid off in the form of two new consoles on launch day. Very happy I decided to do it.

hey guys I posted this yesterday but it got flooded out. my local best Buy got 10 extra consoles over preorders and this is in comparison to 50 extra PS4s they got.... just to put it into perspective for you 

The deals are dry because the Xbox actually has good games and retailers don't need to give them away.
Really??? Like what? Sorry but as a gaming fan I honestly have to say both releases are not good. Ryse has gotten negative reviews from most that have gotten a hands on experience with it. Not a Forza fan and Dead rising is fun but gets repetitive after a while. Stop the fanboy talk. Also, to the others who say they prefer the lineup of games coming out, what are they by chance? Best looking games are Titanfall and Metal Gear The phantom pain and neither are even going to be exclusive. As a gamer I hope both systems bring more to the table over the next 12 months. Given the choice at launch I chose neither and it is because Microsoft is cramming the Kinect down buyers throats by charging an extra $100 than the PS4. I also think it will be interesting to see how this gen will turn out since Sony will have the advantage of being the easier system to work with (almost all developers are starting to say this) and more power under the hood than the xbox one. As a gamer sit back and enjoy it all once hopefully there are more must need games to play.

If my Xbox One came early it would change everything I have planned and imagined so I'm not totally sure I want it then, but it would also be nice cause then I wouldn't be sitting here with a thumb up my butt when midnight rolls around and everyone has it.

I have a bunch of non-Xbox One things planned for Thursday to help say goodbye to the Xbox 360 era so I would like to have that time.

Also LOL at someone saying something positive about the Xbox One game library and is now getting jumped on from all sides.

Dude should know by now that saying something pro-Xbox is not allowed in here.  Feel free to talk about PS4 all day long though and talk about how its controller is better than the Xbox's ( :rofl: )

You do realize just because Xbox One is out doesnt mean Xbox 360s magically stop working right?

Also LOL at someone saying something positive about the Xbox One game library and is now getting jumped on from all sides.

Dude should know by now that saying something pro-Xbox is not allowed in here. Feel free to talk about PS4 all day long though and talk about how its controller is better than the Xbox's ( :rofl: )
I think its more the fact he made a stupid comment, not anything to do with Xbox. You can say the launch titles are more appealing to you but the way he said it just made him look like a fan boy.

You do realize just because Xbox One is out doesnt mean Xbox 360s magically stop working right?
Obviously, but it's time in the sun is done for me. I have played everything I've always wanted besides New Vegas (even though I bought it at launch and now also own the GoTY edition or whatever with all the DLCs) and finishing Dishonored. I'm at literally 500 games exactly now and I'll only be returning to the 360 to maybe play those two games and play any Bioshock Infinite and Grand Theft Auto V DLC.

No delivery date yet. Shows A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
Same here. Mine shows as it being shipped 'UPS Next Day Air Saver.' My guess is that they are stockpiled in a warehouse and won't actually ship for a few days. But damn....I sure do hope they make it to a UPS facility sooner :D

Welp...Need for Speed and NBA 2k14 are essentially online only, this is from Kotaku. 

Unfortunately, NBA 2K14 is as close to an always-online game for sports as we've seen so far. If your console is not connected to the Internet, the MyCareer and MyGM modes are unavailable to you, as are any multiplayer modes, naturally, including "The Park."

I find it hilarious that everyone complains sooo much that X1 would require an online connection, but now the developers are just making it a requirement to play their games. Before anyone says it, yes this is for BOTH PS4 and X1.

Also, why the hell does CAG 3.0 copy/paste like that. So frustrating.

It wasnt that it was just Xbox, its DRM as a whole. And guess what? That is bullshit too that you need to be online for single player features.

staticz post just makes me believe Sony was also planning on having DRM but saw the reaction and never mentioned it.  Do those features work offline in 360/PS3 versions of the games?   There will never be a solid answer to this, but I know Sony had the same DRM plans as Microsoft announced and then 180 baby-faced it.

As for the launch lineup comparison.  I really don't see how the X1's lineup will be worse than PS4.  I'm playing through Killzone and it is not good.  Haven't played Knack yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say DR3, Forza 5 will outclass Killzone and Knack.  Ryse probably won't be good but I also have hope for Killer Instinct. 

Resogun is easily the best launch game for PS4, hands down.

Really??? Like what? Sorry but as a gaming fan I honestly have to say both releases are not good. Ryse has gotten negative reviews from most that have gotten a hands on experience with it. Not a Forza fan and Dead rising is fun but gets repetitive after a while. Stop the fanboy talk. Also, to the others who say they prefer the lineup of games coming out, what are they by chance? Best looking games are Titanfall and Metal Gear The phantom pain and neither are even going to be exclusive. As a gamer I hope both systems bring more to the table over the next 12 months. Given the choice at launch I chose neither and it is because Microsoft is cramming the Kinect down buyers throats by charging an extra $100 than the PS4. I also think it will be interesting to see how this gen will turn out since Sony will have the advantage of being the easier system to work with (almost all developers are starting to say this) and more power under the hood than the xbox one. As a gamer sit back and enjoy it all once hopefully there are more must need games to play
He might have said it in a trollng way and may have been the wrong messenger but his point was valid. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 and from E3 on, the Xbox games lineup appeals more to me, and most people from what I have read. Forza, DeadRising, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf and Xbox Fitness appeal more then Killzone, Knack, Resogun, and The Playroom as far as exclusives go.

When you have an actual conversation with people, The reason most folks are getting a PS4 over the X1 are not gaming related. It's the inclusion of Kinect, the horrible early press conference, the terrible E3 Interviews, the lack of press given to the reversal of policy, and the extra $100 at launch. The reason I choose to start with X1 is exclusives that appeal more to me, and Xbox live being a proven online ecosystem that I am heavily invested in. As far as launch lineups go, this is one of the better ones when you consider the strong 3rd party support both have at launch. I just don't think its fair to ridicule anyone for choosing spend their money on one gaming system over the other, especially on CAG when most of us will have both eventually.

Welp...Need for Speed and NBA 2k14 are essentially online only, this is from Kotaku.

Unfortunately, NBA 2K14 is as close to an always-online game for sports as we've seen so far. If your console is not connected to the Internet, the MyCareer and MyGM modes are unavailable to you, as are any multiplayer modes, naturally, including "The Park."

I find it hilarious that everyone complains sooo much that X1 would require an online connection, but now the developers are just making it a requirement to play their games. Before anyone says it, yes this is for BOTH PS4 and X1.

Also, why the hell does CAG 3.0 copy/paste like that. So frustrating.
Right-click and paste as plain text to avoid that.

X1 and PS4 were both going to have the online check system so some developers liked that idea and stuck with it. Like Microsoft said back then, it was up to the publishers whether to make their games required online on top of the system checking in. Microsoft was honest with us and giving us a peek behind the curtain and got a huge slander campaign against them because of it, led by Sony who was doing the exact same thing.

staticz post just makes me believe Sony was also planning on having DRM but saw the reaction and never mentioned it. Do those features work offline in 360/PS3 versions of the games? There will never be a solid answer to this, but I know Sony had the same DRM plans as Microsoft announced and then 180 baby-faced it.
The problem is when it comes to gaming journalism, the websites drive the news and the websites love the hit-whoring headlines. Its much easier to blow out all of Microsofts mistakes when they lay them out so easy for you and fanning that outrage = easy page views. There were very few articles on independent or non traditional gaming sites that pointed out Sony would allow similar restrictions on the PS4 but they were drowned out by Microsofts much deserved negative press. Cheapy D always said Microsoft would have never had those policies if Sony didn't have them either not only because it would be suicide for sales but because the 3rd parties and retail would have to be on board as well. Sony was able to benefit from the shitstorm MS talked itself into and just make the changes quietly behind the scenes and use the presser to say they would never do that. The PS4 firmware and lack of functionality without the day one patch speak to the fact that they made the same changes Microsoft did only they didn't have to talk about it publicly.

Other than a few marketing missteps, the only mistake Microsoft made was going first at E3. I'd agree that Sony has similar policies, especially after seeing their hacked together powerpoint slideshow at E3.

It is what it is, but everyone should be prepared for this happening more and more on both consoles. Makes no difference to me, I'm always signed into Live and can't remember the last time my internet connection went down.

It wasnt that it was just Xbox, its DRM as a whole. And guess what? That is bullshit too that you need to be online for single player features.
I think we can both agree that it is a useless argument, since the DRM is long gone, so we should just avoid it. I just find it interesting that there isn't more uproar about the developers sliding this in under everyone's noses.

I think we're going to see a much more quiet, secretive Microsoft from here on out when it comes to future plans and stuff.  They're going to be like Bungie was.

BTW, Cheapy was always so accurate with his predictions during E3, it was impressive.  After that huge Sony conference with the crowd going nuts he said that the DRM policy on the Xbox One would be reversed within a week or something like that and he was exactly right, to the day.  He had been right on other stuff too so he's pretty reliable.

Other than a few marketing missteps, the only mistake Microsoft made was going first at E3. I'd agree that Sony has similar policies, especially after seeing their hacked together powerpoint slideshow at E3.

It is what it is, but everyone should be prepared for this happening more and more on both consoles. Makes no difference to me, I'm always signed into Live and can't remember the last time my internet connection went down.

I think we can both agree that it is a useless argument, since the DRM is long gone, so we should just avoid it. I just find it interesting that there isn't more uproar about the developers sliding this in under everyone's noses.
Its likely not a big deal atm because it wasnt known till PS4 came out. Im sure this will start to be a bigger story now.

Well I was going to wait on the Xboxone but I just went thru all my games and realized best buy raised the trade in on some since I last checked a few months ago and I decided to trade in almost ALL my 360 and ps3 games in for $312. The only thing I kept was COD ghosts and some stuff I that didn't trade in for much I decided to keep and trade in to GameStop for a new game or two hopefully. I'm still undecided on trading in my actual ps3. Best Buy is running a promo for at least $100 for a working ps3 or 360 so i could do that if I wanted for my ps3 but I want to keep my 360 to play ghosts online with my brothers for now and trade that in when they finally decide to get an Xboxone or ps4.
I already got a ps4 Friday and I quickly decided I didn't want to go back to my last gen games anymore so that pushed me got trade everything in quickly before it all will tank. Good decision or not? and should I trade my ps3 in or keep it for free ps+ games and stuff I already got downloaded? It's also a good blu ray player if I want to put it in the bedroom. Decisions decisions...

I have canceled two of my four game pre-orders from Amazon now due to them not doing any deals and seeing that I can get them cheaper elsewhere.  I'd love to see everyone start cancelling their pre-orders on games and force Amazon to give us the same treatment.

For those who ordered from Amazon (and the guy who got the PS4 early) what did you pick for shipping and what does your order now say (or said)?  Mine says, "Amazon Prime: One-Day Shipping" which I paid an extra $3.99 for.  Looks like back on June 10th I was hoping it would maybe get me it a day early.

I have canceled two of my four game pre-orders from Amazon now due to them not doing any deals and seeing that I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I'd love to see everyone start cancelling their pre-orders on games and force Amazon to give us the same treatment.
I would but I've got $20 in credit making one game $40. Right now I have BF4 there, but I'm debating on canceling it in favor of something else. So many games, so little time.

For those who ordered from Amazon (and the guy who got the PS4 early) what did you pick for shipping and what does your order now say (or said)? Mine says, "Amazon Prime: One-Day Shipping" which I paid an extra $3.99 for. Looks like back on June 10th I was hoping it would maybe get me it a day early.
Do you have Amazon Prime?

I have canceled two of my four game pre-orders from Amazon now due to them not doing any deals and seeing that I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I'd love to see everyone start cancelling their pre-orders on games and force Amazon to give us the same treatment.
I cancelled my Ryse and Dead Rising 3 pre-orders from Amazon. I have BF4 pre-ordered from Newegg for $48 but I might cancel that too and get all 3 at TRU. Who knows when BF4 would arrive anyway since Newegg seems to be doing their free shipping differently now.

Yeah, I was gonna get my Forza LE and Ryse from Amazon and ended up cancelling them for BB for now, with the 20% gamers club discount and then the $25 for ordering 3 it's a better deal then the nothing from Amazon :p Kept my BF4 there though since I did the $10 trade up with a 360 copy.

I have Amazon Prime and I did the regular 2 day shipping and it came in a deal early. If you have Prime there is no reason to pay for One Day shipping. You're just throwing money away.

Im actually thinking of preordering Forza even though I'll probably cancel my X1 preorder.  I know that when I get an X1 I'll get Forza and the Day One cars are a sweet incentive.

Do you have Amazon Prime?
Yes. I could have done the release date/two-day for free but I decided to pay the extra $3.99 for one-day and see what happens.

The games I cancelled were Dead Rising 3 and Need for Speed: Rivals. I'll be getting NFS somewhere else and I'm just going to rent Dead Rising 3 because I don't like spending $60 on games that I'm just going to play for the story one time.

I have Amazon Prime and I did the regular 2 day shipping and it came in a deal early. If you have Prime there is no reason to pay for One Day shipping. You're just throwing money away.
I assume you mean day instead of deal? That's good info though. It's too late for me to change it now anyway. I don't want to mess with anything.

Well I was going to wait on the Xboxone but I just went thru all my games and realized best buy raised the trade in on some since I last checked a few months ago and I decided to trade in almost ALL my 360 and ps3 games in for $312. The only thing I kept was COD ghosts and some stuff I that didn't trade in for much I decided to keep and trade in to GameStop for a new game or two hopefully. I'm still undecided on trading in my actual ps3. Best Buy is running a promo for at least $100 for a working ps3 or 360 so i could do that if I wanted for my ps3 but I want to keep my 360 to play ghosts online with my brothers for now and trade that in when they finally decide to get an Xboxone or ps4.
I already got a ps4 Friday and I quickly decided I didn't want to go back to my last gen games anymore so that pushed me got trade everything in quickly before it all will tank. Good decision or not? and should I trade my ps3 in or keep it for free ps+ games and stuff I already got downloaded? It's also a good blu ray player if I want to put it in the bedroom. Decisions decisions...
Just trade it all in yo, go full out next gen! I got PS4 and I'm heading out to trade my PS3 tomorrow for $100. Nothing really left that interest me. I wanted Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus which I just beat today (really short game), and Kingdom Hearts (which I beat back in the day). So I'm saying bye bye to the PS3.

Trade in your Xbox 360 too, just do it. Let your brothers catch up to you.

What was everyone's Xbox 360 launch games?  For me it was Perfect Dark: Zero, Call of Duty 2, and Condemned, although I was renting all the other ones simultaneously.

It was nice to get out of the "first person" view when those were the launch games I had.  One of the first non-launch games I fell in love with was Full Auto.  I 1000/1000'd that game (I think it was the first one I did) and wish there was a sequel for this launch.

bread's done
Back