Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I haven't got shipping notification for my Killer Instinct Pin Edition. I hope I get it by Friday...

Shit! I completely forgot about that. Ugh.

I like the way u think. :) on the other hand I could still have 4 consoles and I like the ps3 blu ray player I can move to the bedroom. And I can spend the $200+ tax on the console next Friday if I can get one at best buy since I don't have it pre ordered. I'm going to keep my 360 for now tho.
{quote}
Just trade it all in yo, go full out next gen! I got PS4 and I'm heading out to trade my PS3 tomorrow for $100. Nothing really left that interest me. I wanted Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus which I just beat today (really short game), and Kingdom Hearts (which I beat back in the day). So I'm saying bye bye to the PS3.

Trade in your Xbox 360 too, just do it. Let your brothers catch up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was everyone's Xbox 360 launch games? For me it was Perfect Dark: Zero, Call of Duty 2, and Condemned, although I was renting all the other ones simultaneously.

It was nice to get out of the "first person" view when those were the launch games I had. One of the first non-launch games I fell in love with was Full Auto. I 1000/1000'd that game (I think it was the first one I did) and wish there was a sequel for this launch.
Should of 1000/1000 PDZ. Now thats a sense of accomplishment.

Just discovered the Gamers Club Unlocked extension and $30 coupon so yeah, I'm getting all my One games at Best Buy. :D
Just a heads up, some of the games aren't available for pre-orders in store or in-store pick up anymore, so you will have to get them shipped if you want them for sure, which might make it so you get them after launch.

I haven't got shipping notification for my Killer Instinct Pin Edition. I hope I get it by Friday...

Mine says backordered :/

Just a heads up, some of the games aren't available for pre-orders in store or in-store pick up anymore, so you will have to get them shipped if you want them for sure, which might make it so you get them after launch.
Yeah, looks like that is the case for the Day One editions. Going to be at the store for the midnight launch with my Unlocked coupon in hand so we'll see what happens. I imagine I'll have no trouble getting the games even if they aren't the Day One editions.

Yeah, looks like that is the case for the Day One editions. Going to be at the store for the midnight launch with my Unlocked coupon in hand so we'll see what happens. I imagine I'll have no trouble getting the games even if they aren't the Day One editions.
When I was talking to the gaming rep at my store, he mentioned that they should have more of the games in stock but it probably wouldn't be the day one editions, but if you don't mind just getting the standard editions then yeah you should be set! I actually want to get the LE of Forza so I'll have to wait but I'll have enough games to play while I wait so I figured it isn't a huge deal.

What's the difference from the day one launch bundles for the system compared to the one that will be available day two? I need one from best buy tho since I got the gift card. :)

Really??? Like what? Sorry but as a gaming fan I honestly have to say both releases are not good. Ryse has gotten negative reviews from most that have gotten a hands on experience with it. Not a Forza fan and Dead rising is fun but gets repetitive after a while. Stop the fanboy talk. Also, to the others who say they prefer the lineup of games coming out, what are they by chance? Best looking games are Titanfall and Metal Gear The phantom pain and neither are even going to be exclusive. As a gamer I hope both systems bring more to the table over the next 12 months. Given the choice at launch I chose neither and it is because Microsoft is cramming the Kinect down buyers throats by charging an extra $100 than the PS4. I also think it will be interesting to see how this gen will turn out since Sony will have the advantage of being the easier system to work with (almost all developers are starting to say this) and more power under the hood than the xbox one. As a gamer sit back and enjoy it all once hopefully there are more must need games to play.
Saying Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Ryse look great makes you a fanboy? cool story, bro

All of your opinions were based off of random game journalists PREVIEWS btw, not actual reviews....stop trolling

I never saw people who were looking forward to Knack get called a Fanboy.....just sayin'

I couldn't be more excited to play these exclusives, DR and Forza are two of my favorite game series so I think this is up there as being one of the best launches ever. Lots of other cool exclusives like Crimson Dragon, Loco Cycle, and Ryse I want to check out along with the third party games like BF4, COD Ghosts, and NFS: Rivals...there is a lot to be happy about if you're getting an X1 at launch, nothing fanboy about looking forward to new and exciting games. Get over yourself, guy...

What's the difference from the day one launch bundles for the system compared to the one that will be available day two? I need one from best buy tho since I got the gift card. :)

Day One achieveo and branding.

Day One gets exclusive black packaging, an exclusive Achievement, and the Day One labeled controller.

When I was talking to the gaming rep at my store, he mentioned that they should have more of the games in stock but it probably wouldn't be the day one editions, but if you don't mind just getting the standard editions then yeah you should be set! I actually want to get the LE of Forza so I'll have to wait but I'll have enough games to play while I wait so I figured it isn't a huge deal.
I'm not too worried about the DLC that comes with the Day One editions so I'll be perfectly happy saving the money and getting the games right away. :D

Same here, maybe they're going to next day them?

Edit: Wanted to note, us day 1 owners are also getting a CHROME dpad. WOAH

BZIe54tIEAAl26D.jpg

staticz post just makes me believe Sony was also planning on having DRM but saw the reaction and never mentioned it. Do those features work offline in 360/PS3 versions of the games? There will never be a solid answer to this, but I know Sony had the same DRM plans as Microsoft announced and then 180 baby-faced it.

As for the launch lineup comparison. I really don't see how the X1's lineup will be worse than PS4. I'm playing through Killzone and it is not good. Haven't played Knack yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say DR3, Forza 5 will outclass Killzone and Knack. Ryse probably won't be good but I also have hope for Killer Instinct.

Resogun is easily the best launch game for PS4, hands down.
And this is what's sad, People constantly saying the PS4 has the better launch line up, then stating a downloadable arcade title is the best game for the system. If I spent $400+ and THAT is the best game I have to play until March or whatever, I would be awfully pissed. I can easily wait a year to get a PS4 when it has more than a few games worth playing on it.

Basically anyone saying this IS a fanboy, no doubt about it. I have a Vita and PS3 that I love, but c'mon....this brand loyalty nonsense is beyond disgusting, neither company is your BFF so stop with the internet comment defense force.

None of this is aimed @tbasset btw, I just used his comment as a quote, I agree with him.

that controller will be going for a pretty penny on ebay after awhile for sure.

that nba 2k14 online thing kind of sucks but will never affect me seeing i always keep my system at home that has internet. People need to understand this is just a start i give game industry 3-4 years till every thing is 100 percent digital and drm.

kind of wish best buy would allow you to put trade in money onto a order you did online would love o trade in tons of stuff to knock down the price.

that controller will be going for a pretty penny on ebay after awhile for sure.

that nba 2k14 online thing kind of sucks but will never affect me seeing i always keep my system at home that has internet. People need to understand this is just a start i give game industry 3-4 years till every thing is 100 percent digital and drm.
For NBA 2k14, it does not matter if YOU are connected to the internet. It depends on 2k's servers and 2k servers are pretty CRAPPY and they're constantly down.

Coming from 2k's #1 supporter here lol. I'll still be getting it no matter what but that stinks

For NBA 2k14, it does not matter if YOU are connected to the internet. It depends on 2k's servers and 2k servers are pretty CRAPPY and they're constantly down.

Coming from 2k's #1 supporter here lol. I'll still be getting it no matter what but that stinks
for sure i remember so many times 2k13 nba today would not update for days on end.

hey guys I posted this yesterday but it got flooded out. my local best Buy got 10 extra consoles over preorders and this is in comparison to 50 extra PS4s they got.... just to put it into perspective for you
Did they check both skus? There is a separate one for the Day One edition and the regular. I got juuuust enough Day One editions for my preorders, but had about the same amount of extras of the regulars as I had extra PS4s. I was freaking out until I found the other sku. Same with the Day One games, only got enough for preorders.

FYI I was at Best Buy and they had controllers and other accessories out. And I saw a rack of Kinect TV mounts by PDP. The one that also comes with the privacy cover. Picked one up and a controller. They only had 3 so you might want to drop by and get one if you want to mount the Kinect on your TV. It's the only mount that has been announced so far.

Did they check both skus? There is a separate one for the Day One edition and the regular. I got juuuust enough Day One editions for my preorders, but had about the same amount of extras of the regulars as I had extra PS4s. I was freaking out until I found the other sku. Same with the Day One games, only got enough for preorders.
are you guys being told to hold pre orders for 8 days just like your corp office statement stated that they put out a week ago.

Haven't had any issues with ps4 version servers.. but i know what you mean with the servers last gen.

The new interface has me a little lost... I can't even figure out how to start a regular season/association. I've always sucked in My player mode as well.. which you didnt have to control just your player.

FYI I was at Best Buy and they had controllers and other accessories out. And I saw a rack of Kinect TV mounts by PDP. The one that also comes with the privacy cover. Picked one up and a controller. They only had 3 so you might want to drop by and get one if you want to mount the Kinect on your TV. It's the only mount that has been announced so far.
do they have controllers out for their kiosk machine or is it still only videos?

Are retail stores getting stock of the "day one edition" or is it just preorders ?
This is a good question, since they're technically releasing two skus at the same time it's hard to tell really, probably varies from store to store. We'll know in a few days.

are you guys being told to hold pre orders for 8 days just like your corp office statement stated that they put out a week ago.
My store is, and there have been multiple reminders from higher up to do so. I'm honestly expecting a line when we open on Saturday because we'll be releasing thePS4s that weren't picked up.

How is the mount and how much was it? Amazon had it listed as shipping in December so i assumed it wasnt out... may pick one up

Kind of misjudged the market a little bit. I Placed a pre-order on both a PS4 and Xbox one not really knowing which one to buy. After the bad PR from Xbox i canelled that pre-order and kept the PS4 one thinking it would have the better re sale value so even if I changed my mind and wanted the xbox I would be able to sell my PS4 for at the very least the $100 price difference between the two systems. Well in the past week I realized I think I'd rather continue my gaming on an xbox, I just really like the console's potential going foward more than anything else. But my PS4 delivery was delayed as was many other people who ordered from Newegg on the east coast, but I will get it tomorrow. I hope I can flip it, and if I'm able to what's the consesus, should there be extra's on top of the pre-orders like Playstaion?

How is the mount and how much was it? Amazon had it listed as shipping in December so i assumed it wasnt out... may pick one up

Mount is $20 and seems to be on par with the Kinect 1.0 mounts that I've used.

do they have controllers out for their kiosk machine or is it still only videos?

I don't think those kiosks are even real Xbox Ones. I think they are just empty boxes and they are playing videos on something else. If you want to play an Xbox One, you'll have to go to a Microsoft Store for now

Just curious why you need a mount? You can sit on your stand or use double sided tape and put it on top of the TV. I even used a small decorative L bracket for a shelf to put the sensor on.

All day one at Best Buy. Also, the games as well
Like I said, my Best Buy only got enough Day One consoles and games to cover preorders.

Kind of misjudged the market a little bit. I Placed a pre-order on both a PS4 and Xbox one not really knowing which one to buy. After the bad PR from Xbox i canelled that pre-order and kept the PS4 one thinking it would have the better re sale value so even if I changed my mind and wanted the xbox I would be able to sell my PS4 for at the very least the $100 price difference between the two systems. Well in the past week I realized I think I'd rather continue my gaming on an xbox, I just really like the console's potential going foward more than anything else. But my PS4 delivery was delayed as was many other people who ordered from Newegg on the east coast, but I will get it tomorrow. I hope I can flip it, and if I'm able to what's the consesus, should there be extra's on top of the pre-orders like Playstaion?
There are extras, just Day One editions will be harder to find.

anybody think Day One editions will be worth anything down the road?
Not sure, but I'm planning on keeping my Day One controller wrapped up. I have an extra controller on pre-order and I don't need a second controller because there isn't anyone to co-op with. I figure if the extra controller breaks, and I see that the value of the controller doesn't go up, I'll just use it.

Not sure, but I'm planning on keeping my Day One controller wrapped up. I have an extra controller on pre-order and I don't need a second controller because there isn't anyone to co-op with. I figure if the extra controller breaks, and I see that the value of the controller doesn't go up, I'll just use it.
I understand that there are alot of consoles and so these controllers but I plan on keeping mine because A)ebay will be flooded with these for at least 5 months and B) I like the exclusivity of it

Id ditch the cheevo pretty easily though

Just curious why you need a mount? You can sit on your stand or use double sided tape and put it on top of the TV. I even used a small decorative L bracket for a shelf to put the sensor on.
I can't sit it on my stand because there is no room (the speaker bar is in the only place I would put it. I wouldn't trust some double sided tape to hold my Kinect on the TV. In fact, this connect comes with a screw mount and it obviously bigger and bulkier than the last one. Finally, there are windows behind my TV so nowhere to put a shelf. The bracket fits my need perfectly.

I can't sit it on my stand because there is no room (the speaker bar is in the only place I would put it. I wouldn't trust some double sided tape to hold my Kinect on the TV. In fact, this connect comes with a screw mount and it obviously bigger and bulkier than the last one. Finally, there are windows behind my TV so nowhere to put a shelf. The bracket fits my need perfectly.
3M double sided tape is a mofo. Something like a 1 inch piece will hold like 5 pounds. But yeah, I can understand your situation.

If you have some DIY skills, a piece of aluminum can be bent into a Kinect stand that hangs on to the top of your TV pretty nicely. The advantage is that you can tailor it to your exact TV model and spray-paint in the color you want.

Since Amazon put up some PS4s are midnight (available to the any), how likely would they do that with Xboxes? And how likely would I be able to get one if I wait at 11:59 PM? I missed out on a pre-order and I'm pretty reluctant on waiting in line, with the possibility of not getting a console.

bread's done
Back