Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Oh please, eneloop batteries are superior to what the competitor offers. True, it costs more,but my eneloops last a good 24+ hours on my 360. Couple with charging 4 at once with the charger that's 48 hours in total of gameplay time. The PS4 controller lasts 7-8, so It's really no contest. Also the Wii U gamepad has lasted me about 6 hours playing Virtual console games. It's really no contest when it comes play time before a charge. Granted you could always leave the Wii U controller or PS4 controller plugged in... but meh. I hope MS never goes built in and continues to "nickel and dime" with play and charge kits.

i never got the coupon from best buy to upgrade ghost so looks like when ever my ghost buddies upgrade to x1 after launch i will have to try to trade in ghost and hope to get at least half of x1 version paid for
I was able to do the next-gen upgrade at my Best Buy without a coupon. They had one at the register. I had my original receipt in case they needed it.

to be honest i love that ms don't do built in batteries i hate using cords on controller so i love that i can buy 4 recharge double A batteries and have fresh ones 24/7 and stay wireless
That's total nonsense. Playstation controllers never need cords, charge one while using other or when not using and battery memory is insanely good with years old controllers still holding long charges. To not admit as a cag that they're using this to sell another accesory is ludicrous and evidence that you're drunk on the kool-aid.

i never got the coupon from best buy to upgrade ghost so looks like when ever my ghost buddies upgrade to x1 after launch i will have to try to trade in ghost and hope to get at least half of x1 version paid for
I actually was gonna go to Gamestop to do this. Thats where I had gotten the 360 version from originally and the cashier said to just bring it in and it should trigger the promotion to upgrade for $10. I dont know if its tied to your PUR card, or if they are just giving $50 credit if you buy the X1 version with trade in

Amazon is teasing me

WP_20131119_17_10_29_Pro.jpg

That's total nonsense. Playstation controllers never need cords, charge one while using other or when not using and battery memory is insanely good with years old controllers still holding long charges. To not admit as a cag that they're using this to sell another accesory is ludicrous and evidence that you're drunk on the kool-aid.
did i ever say they were not using it to make more money? sony does same thing with built in battery when they sell charge stands. plus i never have extra controller with my sytems if someone wants to come over and play they just bring their own.

Sony gives you a charge cable but it's so freaking short it don't even reach half way from my tv stand to my recliner where i game.

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest i love that ms don't do built in batteries i hate using cords on controller so i love that i can buy 4 recharge double A batteries and have fresh ones 24/7 and stay wireless
Samesies. I just hopped on the eneloop battery train. Never going back!

IMO, the battery packs last gen sucked hard anyway. I had a play and charge battery die on me in like a week :(

So the Sony plan is I must buy spare controllers? I will stick with my eneloops!

So the 

eneloop NEW 2000mAh Typical, 1900mAh Minimum, 1500 cycle, 4 Pack AA, Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries with 4 Position Charger

Is the way to go right?

Can charge and play and crap all off that ?

did i ever say they were not using it to make more money? sony does same thing with built in battery when they sell charge stands. plus i never have extra controller with my sytems if someone wants to come over and play they just bring their own.

Sony gives you a charge cable but it's so freaking short it don't even reach half way from my tv stand to my recliner where i game.
Charge it when you aren't using it. A PS4 controller lasts at least 8 hours of continuous use on a full charge so what's the problem here?

Oh please, eneloop batteries are superior to what the competitor offers. True, it costs more,but my eneloops last a good 24+ hours on my 360. Couple with charging 4 at once with the charger that's 48 hours in total of gameplay time. The PS4 controller lasts 7-8, so It's really no contest. Also the Wii U gamepad has lasted me about 6 hours playing Virtual console games. It's really no contest when it comes play time before a charge. Granted you could always leave the Wii U controller or PS4 controller plugged in... but meh. I hope MS never goes built in and continues to "nickel and dime" with play and charge kits.
Would you go with that over the play and charge kit? Idk which it get

I had to buy two play and charge kits for my 360 because the garbage stopped holding a charge. Both of them were the official microsoft shit.

I have never used any rechargeable batteries before, but considering my poor experience with microsoft, and the fact that I dont like them being douches with their controller, im trying the rechargeable from amazon.

Man I seen the boxes for standard edition xbox ones today and they look super clean. 2 more days... It can't come any sooner. Oh yeah as well the day one editions of games have shiny cover art. I'm kinda disappointed about them not having the slip covers. I'm gonna get a xbox one shirt when I work the launch lol. I'm ready!,

Get rechargeable batteries and call it a day.

I've had 4 plug n plays die on me with my 360.

Man I seen the boxes for standard edition xbox ones today and they look super clean. 2 more days... It can't come any sooner. Oh yeah as well the day one editions of games have shiny cover art. I'm kinda disappointed about them not having the slip covers. I'm gonna get a xbox one shirt when I work the launch lol. I'm ready!,
wait what? day one games DON"T have a slip cover?

Aw dang, I wanted those slipcovers. I am so ready right now. Just got 3 packages from Best Buy. Madden, Ghosts, BF4. Brings my total to 4 games for a system that hasn't even launched yet. Just waiting for Friday for my console, Forza, and DR3. Ryse should come next week. Woo!

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:8294]

I just dont get why Microsoft controllers charge the same as ps4, yet ps4 has a built in battery pack and a touchpad

They're not the cover art seen online, like the regular cover art with a little box saying "Day One Edition"?
No sir I wish I could take a picture of them but, I'd get fired for that. They say day one edition on them and the cover art is metallic like the red dead redemption goty editions. I asked my boss to when we were unpacking them he said he didn't hear anything about that. Only thing that had a slip cover was forza le and that had a steel book with a regular slip cover.

So, awkward question.  Has anyone that hasn't preordered an XBO speak to a Gamestop representative regarding extra stock?  I just had what was probably the most awkward Gamestop phone conversation I've ever had.  Long story short, the employee on the phone told me that if I came in on Thursday afternoon and there were some systems that weren't claimed that I could have them hold me one.  Something tells me that's against policy considering at that point someone in the background said something in a pretty hostile manner and the whole call went to shreds.  I used to work at Electronics Boutique 11 years ago, and I remember holds definitely not being a thing then (unless the store didn't care), but maybe things have changed?  Regardless, I have $460 worth of credit at Gamestop so I have to roll with the punches I guess.  I just hope that my chances of getting one ASAP are better than my assumptions.

So, awkward question. Has anyone that hasn't preordered an XBO speak to a Gamestop representative regarding extra stock? I just had what was probably the most awkward Gamestop phone conversation I've ever had. Long story short, the employee on the phone told me that if I came in on Thursday afternoon and there were some systems that weren't claimed that I could have them hold me one. Something tells me that's against policy considering at that point someone in the background said something in a pretty hostile manner and the whole call went to shreds. I used to work at Electronics Boutique 11 years ago, and I remember holds definitely not being a thing then (unless the store didn't care), but maybe things have changed? Regardless, I have $460 worth of credit at Gamestop so I have to roll with the punches I guess. I just hope that my chances of getting one ASAP are better than my assumptions.
That person is most likely going to get fired for telling you that. Every store is getting a couple extra what you could do is show up when the store opens Thursday, considering there will probably be a line. The first couple people who are there will get them. If people don't pick up there xbox ones by Saturday night all gamestops will sell them Sunday morning. Simple as that.

No sir I wish I could take a picture of them but, I'd get fired for that. They say day one edition on them and the cover art is metallic like the red dead redemption goty editions. I asked my boss to when we were unpacking them he said he didn't hear anything about that. Only thing that had a slip cover was forza le and that had a steel book with a regular slip cover.
Welp, no Ryse for me then :D

So I was talking to both the manager and asst manager at my Gamestop today when picking up BF, ACIV, and Madden.  Sounds like the people that got in on the 3rd wave of pre-orders for the Xbox One are not getting Day One Editions.  They told me they only had enough Day One's to cover the first two waves.  Well at my store at least.  They didn't sound too pleased and are prepared for some pissed off customers.  I know I am good for a Day One since I got in on the very first day.  Sucks for those that waited too long though

Aw dang, I wanted those slipcovers. I am so ready right now. Just got 3 packages from Best Buy. Madden, Ghosts, BF4. Brings my total to 4 games for a system that hasn't even launched yet. Just waiting for Friday for my console, Forza, and DR3. Ryse should come next week. Woo!
Nice! I just received those exact same games today. I'm picking up Forza 5 and Zoo Tycoon as well. I think I'm waiting on DR3 (never was a fan) and Ryse (awaiting reviews).

Kb-smoker said:
Anyone getting any update from amazon? Looks like my order may have been charge to my CC.

guyver2077 said:
just got this..strange since i didnt get something similar with the ps4

Before your order ships, please make sure your payment and shipping information is correct:

1. Go to https://amazon.com/openorders.
2. Find your order and check the expiration date on your payment method.
3. If your payment method expires before November 2013, click "Change Payment Method" on the right side of the order summary.
4. Either update the expiration date of the existing payment method and click "Retry payment method," or select a different payment method or enter a new credit card.
5. Verify the billing address and shipping address. If necessary, update either by clicking "Change" next to the address you wish to update, then select an existing address option, or click "Add US Address" or "Add International Address."

Updating payment information will not affect your estimated delivery date of November 22, 2013.
I got the same thing - freaked me out a bit since mine has been paid off with Amazon credit (not a credit card) for months. It still looks to be that way so hopefully I don't have to mess with it.

Biggzy32 said:
Guyver,

I just got that same e-mail too. I went ahead and double checked everything and it seemed correct to me.

I also didn't get one for the PS4 so I'm hoping its just precautionary.

Edit: Kinda off-topic but, I pre-ordered Super Mario 3D World and have had Prime forever but I got an email the other day saying I'd receive it the 26th when it comes out the 22nd. I called them and they 'upgraded' me to release date shipping, but I've always had release date shipping. Not sure what was going on there.

Anyone else had this happen before?
I have the exact same issue with Super Mario 3D World. I guess I should contact them - getting it Friday would be so much better than next Weds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MGb0YOH4mKg

Microsoft's Shareholders' Meeting Kinect demonstration.

I did pre-order that LE, but those nice slip covers missing is disappointing.

So, awkward question. Has anyone that hasn't preordered an XBO speak to a Gamestop representative regarding extra stock? I just had what was probably the most awkward Gamestop phone conversation I've ever had. Long story short, the employee on the phone told me that if I came in on Thursday afternoon and there were some systems that weren't claimed that I could have them hold me one. Something tells me that's against policy considering at that point someone in the background said something in a pretty hostile manner and the whole call went to shreds. I used to work at Electronics Boutique 11 years ago, and I remember holds definitely not being a thing then (unless the store didn't care), but maybe things have changed? Regardless, I have $460 worth of credit at Gamestop so I have to roll with the punches I guess. I just hope that my chances of getting one ASAP are better than my assumptions.
If it's anything like PS4, (and emails do say come at 6PM to finalize), non pre-orders can go at 6PM Thursday to stand in line and pay for any extras they have.

This may have already been answered.... but does the achievement in the Day One edition come as a code? Or it is tied to the system itself?
Code

So I was talking to both the manager and asst manager at my store today when picking up BF, ACIV, and Madden. Sounds like the people that got in on the 3rd wave of pre-orders for the Xbox One are not getting Day One Editions. They told me they only had enough Day One's to cover the first two waves. Well at my store at least. They didn't sound too pleased and are prepared for some pissed off customers. I know I am good for a Day One since I got in on the very first day. Sucks for those that waited too long though
Does anyone know when the third wave was? I think I was part of the second to last wave, so was there only 3 waves? Hopefully, I get a Day One.

That person is most likely going to get fired for telling you that. Every store is getting a couple extra what you could do is show up when the store opens Thursday, considering there will probably be a line. The first couple people who are there will get them. If people don't pick up there xbox ones by Saturday night all gamestops will sell them Sunday morning. Simple as that.
Yeah, I figured I would ask in case there was something I didn't know about that wasn't standard.

If it's anything like PS4, (and emails do say come at 6PM to finalize), non pre-orders can go at 6PM Thursday to stand in line and pay for any extras they have.
Awesome, appreciate the info.

Nice! I just received those exact same games today. I'm picking up Forza 5 and Zoo Tycoon as well. I think I'm waiting on DR3 (never was a fan) and Ryse (awaiting reviews).
I would get Zoo Tycoon but that is a Walmart exclusive (physical) and my nearest Walmart is quite far. Maybe the next time I go, I'll pick it up.

Lmao, so buying two controllers is cheaper than a play and charge?

Am I the only one kind of looking forward to camping out? For some reason, I want to camp out for the 8am and 10am openings on Friday instead of the midnight openings. 

Already pre-ordered, but just got this email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, 

Customers who signed up to be notified of Xbox One console availability might like to know that we will have units of the Xbox One available for pre-order onWednesday, November 20

Quantities are limited so you will need to pre-order while supplies last, starting at 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT. 

Hm..I am wondering when you would get the console if you preorder from Amazon. At this point, I like my chances better WITHOUT a preorder because from here on out, I determine if I get a console on launch.

Customers who signed up to be notified of Xbox One console availability might like to know that we will have units of the Xbox One available for pre-order onWednesday, November 20.

Quantities are limited so you will need to pre-order while supplies last, starting at 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT.
Nice! I'll be getting my kids up and ready at that time, but a stop over at the computer is in order!

I really don't care about getting it on Friday, I'd rather not chance not getting one in the first few weeks.

So I was talking to both the manager and asst manager at my Gamestop today when picking up BF, ACIV, and Madden. Sounds like the people that got in on the 3rd wave of pre-orders for the Xbox One are not getting Day One Editions. They told me they only had enough Day One's to cover the first two waves. Well at my store at least. They didn't sound too pleased and are prepared for some pissed off customers. I know I am good for a Day One since I got in on the very first day. Sucks for those that waited too long though
You have badly informed employees at gs. Everyone in my area were well aware of this. The sku was different for the 3rd wave which say xbox one console not xbox one day one edition.

Customers who signed up to be notified of Xbox One console availability might like to know that we will have units of the Xbox One available for pre-order onWednesday, November 20.
Quantities are limited so you will need to pre-order while supplies last, starting at 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT.
Those are standard editions just so everyone knows. The day one editions are limited.

bread's done
Back