Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I can't wait to get my Play and Charge kit on Friday. I used one from day one for my Xbox 360 too and Java always loved it. I, too, am glad to see there's no internal battery for multiple reasons.

You have badly informed employees at gs. Everyone in my area were well aware of this. The sku was different for the 3rd wave which say xbox one console not xbox one day one edition.
Those are standard editions just so everyone knows. The day one editions are limited.
Yeah I guess this time they were. Usually both are very well informed about most everything. I never have to mention a promo or anything and they always hook me up with stuff. I'll be sure to point this out to them so that the customers really don't have any reason to be mad. Personally I don't give a shit since mine is a Day One anyways. :)

This is the worst email ever. I don't think I can control my urges to get one. I might have to pre-order... If it's not a Day One edition though the decision to not pre-order might be a bit easier.

Yeah I guess this time they were. Usually both are very well informed about most everything. I never have to mention a promo or anything and they always hook me up with stuff. I'll be sure to point this out to them so that the customers really don't have any reason to be mad. Personally I don't give a shit since mine is a Day One anyways. :)
Tell them to look at the receipts because we have 2 different skus in our system for xbox one. Everyone who ordered on the third wave should say xbox one sd and that's it. All xbox one day one editions say so on the receipt unless they rang up the same sku which could get that manager in a lot of trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Major Nelson and Francis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qxDdgiaWo

He also gave him a wedding gift

BZdvqXOCcAALMv7.jpg
Man those XBone controllers are ugly. I do agree that requiring a battery pack or AA batteries is a cheap ass way to go. Maybe alright when the 360 came out, but it's almost 2014. I always have my dualshock 3's connected to my PC usb, ready to rock. You can buy a 15ft. micro usb cable for a couple of bucks. So glad Sony didn't cheap out on the battery like MS.

Man those XBone controllers are ugly. I do agree that requiring a battery pack or AA batteries is a cheap ass way to go. Maybe alright when the 360 came out, but it's almost 2014. I always have my dualshock 3's connected to my PC usb, ready to rock. You can buy a 15ft. micro usb cable for a couple of bucks. So glad Sony didn't cheap out on the battery like MS.
I wish there was a hate button for people like you.

Why though? I like Microsoft and agree that the controller is ugly. Wont stop me from eventually getting a X1.

I actually have the very first preorder at my GS from Day 1. But I won't be picking mine up so someone will get lucky at my store with a Day One Edition upgrade. Wish I had enough to buy the damn thing.

Why? Because I think it's cheap to not include a rechargeable battery for the XBOne controller? The least MS should have done was include the rechargeable battery pack with the $60 controller. Don't hate the player, hate the game. lol

Those are standard editions just so everyone knows. The day one editions are limited.

Apparently Amazon wants to be ambiguous about these units. The email doesn't say anything about being Day One editions but when you follow the link it specifically takes me to the Day One edition. Will have to wait and see when it goes live I guess. I'm guessing the assumption is midnight tonight?

This would greatly ease my midnight rush Thursday night as I want to pick up the DR3 Day One edition (did not preorder it in time apparently-was waiting to see if anyone would mirror Target's B2G1 sale last week so I could snag it cheaper) and an extra Day One console if I can. I have the KI Pin Ultimate edition on preorder at the Microsoft store across town but I can't be in two places at once so I'll have to wait and pick it up after work Friday.

Just got BF4, I like the new cases much more than the 360 ones.

I agree! Just picked up AC4 and I really like the new cases as well. I also like the squared off top! Good work MS!

I think they might be Day Ones.  There are 2 separate email lists  to sign up to be notified.  I'm only signed up for the Day One list and the link takes me there.  

honestly I'd be tempted if I had the money to afford this but since my budget is limited I went with the PS4

do wish I could play Dead Rising 3 at launch but it'll just have to wait until either a price drop or tax refund (depending on how much I get back)

Good luck to those who haven't got a pre-order yet :) Hopefully Amazon won't be swamped.. I remember their Black Friday deals a couple years ago where the website stopped working lol

Love the controller! Time will tell if it's as comfortable as the 360 Pad, but it feels very comfy and natural :)

Already pre-ordered, but just got this email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who signed up to be notified of Xbox One console availability might like to know that we will have units of the Xbox One available for pre-order onWednesday, November 20.

Quantities are limited so you will need to pre-order while supplies last, starting at 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT.

5AM is a too early of a time. That's kind of jacked of them to do for west coast cags here. Note: I'm not complaining for myself since I already preordered my Day One at Best Buy but just a general complaint for the west coast folks.

No way those are Day One editions. Those were preordered and reserved months back. If anything, some people that preordered the standard edition may luck into getting them due to any last minute cancellations/declined credit card Day One orders.

5AM is a too early of a time. That's kind of jacked of them to do for west coast cags here. Note: I'm not complaining for myself since I already preordered my Day One at Best Buy but just a general complaint for the west coast folks.
No way those are Day One editions. Those were preordered and reserved months back. If anything, some people that preordered the standard edition may luck into getting them due to any last minute cancellations/declined credit card Day One orders.
Amazon tweeted that they are Day Ones.

Does Amazon charge tax now? Because I live in Massachusetts and I can easily go into NH and not pay any, but the problem is that since I don't have a preorder I don't think I'm going to find one on Friday

I always wanted them to not include the rechargeable battery in the controller since I don't have to be tethered when my battery runs out. I just change the batteries and keep playing without the controller plugged in. Use eneloops and you are golden. I don't see it as a way being cheap, I prefer it and believe that it is a difference of preference. Can you opt for rechargable batteries in the DS4 that you can replace when it is dry? Microsoft gives you both options, but you would have to buy a play and charge kit and the last ones sucked bad. If you want to talk about "cheap", lets talk bundled headsets.

Have you seen the picture of their warehouse filled with Xbox Ones? Stretched farther than the PS4 line and all were day ones.

Even though I am a gamers club I am pre ordering day one games on amazon. Deadrising and forza with 2 day is gonna cost $129, $24 more than at best buy. But the day one cases and content aren't quite worth that but I'm gonna take that chance

Esmith08 said:
Anyone else camping out? What are your plans?
Do not have a pre-order. Will call 3 Walmarts that are nearby to see how many extra they are getting. Plan on getting to the one with the most around 5pm oder 6pm.

Does Amazon charge tax now? Because I live in Massachusetts and I can easily go into NH and not pay any, but the problem is that since I don't have a preorder I don't think I'm going to find one on Friday
Yea they just began charging tax in MA recently. It's a deal killer often.

Like a couple other folks got the scary "hey check your shipping address" message from Amazon.com.  Pulled out my Surface Pro in the middle of a meeting to confirm nothing got screwed up.

We should get shipping emails in the morning with any luck.

In the Xbox One Smartglass app, there is a featured listing for "Dead Rising 3" but in the picture, it has a bar above the "Day One 2013" logo that says Premium Edition. Any ideas what that is?

Whats going to happen with people who have backordered day one editions?

A friend of mine has a day one edition ordered with an expected release date of december 7th...

Are they going to get moved up, or will they have to cancel and reorder? 

So where can we complain about the X1 not supporting 3D playback? I know it isn't a huge deal to a lot of people, but I would prefer to have it on my X1 instead of having to have a separate BD player JUST for 3D, that's ridiculous.

Whats going to happen with people who have backordered day one editions?

A friend of mine has a day one edition ordered with an expected release date of december 7th...

Are they going to get moved up, or will they have to cancel and reorder?
They will be forced to fight in the Arena ...

How long do you think that Amazon 8am day one editions take to sell out ?

i mean the PS4s lasted at least an hour once they went available on amazon at midnight when they released, so i dunno

My gut instinct says theyll be gone in < 5 minutes though 

How long do you think that Amazon 8am day one editions take to sell out ?

i mean the PS4s lasted at least an hour once they went available on amazon at midnight when they released, so i dunno

My gut instinct says theyll be gone in &lt; 5 minutes though
PS4s lasted 2.5 hours according to a CAG. Although, that was at midnight and I'm just assuming that since this is announced a day before unlike the PS4s, it'll go much quicker. Maybe half an hour at most.

Considering I didn't pre-order, I'm going to be ready. I'm already used to the 5am since Nike releases their kicks at that time Saturday mornings.

PS4s lasted 2.5 hours according to a CAG. Although, that was at midnight and I'm just assuming that since this is announced a day before unlike the PS4s, it'll go much quicker. Maybe half an hour at most.
yeah, the Xbox One system reviews come out in 3 hours, and the news about amazon restocking is spreading quick. If it's getting positive reviews, there's gonna be alot of people waiting for the amazon restock.

Just wait. Why drop $225 (out of pocket) on a system that you're only going to play one game on?

This. If you are only going to buy it for Dead Rising 3 it's probably not worth it. Though I'd imagine there will be more games worth playing beyond the launch titles...

bread's done
Back