Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

yeah, the Xbox One system reviews come out in 3 hours, and the news about amazon restocking is spreading quick. If it's getting positive reviews, there's gonna be alot of people waiting for the amazon restock.
Crossing my fingers and hoping that it does.

Good luck to those trying for the Amazon preorder. I am going for the camp-out, I think.
You could try for both. Maybe you'll luck out on Amazon and not have to camp out in the cold. (at least, it's really cold here in MA)

Don't like racing sims, any multi plat game I want I have already for ps4 so that leaves me with DR3 and Ryse.

Stop being an asshole.
I don't really see it. He's answering your question and saying that it'd be better for you and the person eventually buying it if you don't buy it. He might be exaggerating in his view of the launch line-up, but I don't think he meant anything by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intrigued to see what Ryse comes out review wise, I heard mixed bags from people that played it early, but there's something about it that intrigues me. Oh well, I have Dead Rising, Forza, BF4, and CoD so not like I need it.

Good luck to those trying for the Amazon preorder. I am going for the camp-out, I think.
I camped out last year for the Wii U and f that, I'll never do it again. It was unseasonably cold for PA that night, but at least I was the only person out there smart enough to actually bring a tent. It's looking to be just as cold, if not colder, this year.

lol Major Nelson and Francis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qxDdgiaWo

He also gave him a wedding gift

BZdvqXOCcAALMv7.jpg
This is so awesome I kinda got teary-eyed. I had never seen Francis before until the Xbox One was revealed and I was introduced to both him and Angry Joe as they screamed their heads off about it and I was laughing so hard and agreeing. I want to meet Larry so bad. I had hoped the Xbox One tour would be the spot but he didn't come to Minnesota since we didn't get a Area One event. I've never been to any kind of E3 or PAX event but it seems like that'll be my only way of meeting him someday. I hope I can go to one sometime. I'd love to be there the moment they announce Halo 6.

You could try for both. Maybe you'll luck out on Amazon and not have to camp out in the cold. (at least, it's really cold here in MA)

I don't really see it. He's answering your question and saying that it'd be better for you and the person eventually buying it if you don't buy it. He might be exaggerating in his view of the launch line-up, but I don't think he meant anything by it.

I would like for everyone who wants a console, to get one. And it seems like you are going for the Amazon route, so I don't want to take an opportunity from someone like you. I am actually looking forward to camping out. I think I'll get lucky!

I would like for everyone who wants a console, to get one. And it seems like you are going for the Amazon route, so I don't want to take an opportunity from someone like you. I am actually looking forward to camping out. I think I'll get lucky!
Actually, I have mine pre-ordered at GameStop already, but I do know a friend trying to buy one on Amazon tomorrow. Good luck!

I have never camped out for a console before. When I was 15 when the XBOX 360 came out, I told myself that I was going to do it next time. Here I am, 23 years old, and conveniently off of work on a Friday. I am either going to Gamestop's midnight launch at around 4:00 PM to see my chances or going to Target's 8AM opening at around 3:00 AM. I am determined. 

sp00ge said:
I camped out last year for the Wii U and f that, I'll never do it again. It was unseasonably cold for PA that night, but at least I was the only person out there smart enough to actually bring a tent. It's looking to be just as cold, if not colder, this year.
Walmart open 24/7 ftw

People in this thread, particularly the ones that sit in here but aren't even getting a Xbox One, look for any reason to call names or pick a fight. Just ignore them. It's going to get worse by the end of the week with the trolls pouring in.

Got it on my Nexus phone and tablet and it's awesome looking and ready to go. I can't wait for it to be able to find my Xbox One on Friday. It sits there and tries to look. :(

Sunset Overdrive and Halo are interesting but no idea when they are due out.

I'm definitely interested in Sunset Overdrive. Probably my top XB1 coming soon game I'm interested in.

I have never camped out for a console before. When I was 15 when the XBOX 360 came out, I told myself that I was going to do it next time. Here I am, 23 years old, and conveniently off of work on a Friday. I am either going to Gamestop's midnight launch at around 4:00 PM to see my chances or going to Target's 8AM opening at around 3:00 AM. I am determined.
I waited from around 11pm to 9am the next morning at Best Buy for the 360. I was not fully prepared since waiting was a spur of the moment idea and it was fairly cold at the time. I did at least have gloves in my trunk but no winter hat and my jacket was a bit light for being outside for a long period of time. It was a memorable experience as I did meet some cool people who went and got hot chocolate and even brought their cars up to the curb to let others warm up. However, I don't think it's something I would like to do again. Glad I pre-ordered One and PS4 well in advance. :D

Being 16, I'd like to do a midnight launch one day. I actually went to the PS4 one, but the whole experience was very weird. I want to go to an actual camping out - as in putting up a tent or sitting in a chair outside the store. My GS let us stand in line wrapping around the store. Why are you going to GS at 4? Their registers open at 6 for Xbox One finalizing, so I think 5 or even 5:30 should be fine, if it was anything like my GS.

Don't like racing sims, any multi plat game I want I have already for ps4 so that leaves me with DR3 and Ryse.

Stop being an asshole.

Unless they did a ton to fix Ryse I would recommend everyone avoid it like the plague. I played it last weekend at the Xbox One Tour and it was broken. I managed to crash the game by going to the main menu and then the display wouldn't align with the screen. It's a shame it's clearly a rushed out the door to meet launch window game that could have been good if given enough development time. I can't imagine it'll get anything but failing grades from any reviews unless the build I played was insanely early, but then why go around the country showing off alfa builds of games that only discourage a purchase?

Maybe he's been "showing up" in the dreams ...
I've had multiple dreams about him actually, and I'm pretty sure I have tweeted him telling him so.

For many years I listened to his show to stop my mind from racing about stuff so I could actually fall asleep. I first did it in February 2006 when Oreo had a urinary tract blockage scare and I was particularly nervous about losing him because when I was a kid my first cat was put to sleep at a young age due to a UTI blockage that kept occurring or something. I'm not sure if the vet was screwing up or not, but anyway in early 2006 I was pretty distraught it was happening again with the cat that "replaced" him and at the exact same age. I listened to Larry's new show and tried to go to sleep and it worked like a charm and I did it for several years after that every single night. Some of his shows I have heard 30-40 times at least. In the past couple years, especially since changing computers and not knowing exactly where my archive of his shows are anymore, I haven't done much of any repeat listening though. Once the Kinect came out and there were four people on the show I got kinda annoyed at all the Kinect stuff and I only like Larry and e. I wish Larry would do more shows just by himself when he's on the road like he used to. It doesn't always need to be some big production but...that's what it turned into and we never get any "raw" feeling shows anymore from the hotel room or anything.

I don't really want to mess with Gamestop. Plus, the idea of a midnight launch kind of doesn't interest me. I'll be way too tired to play it when I get home (I wake up at 5:45 for work). I might place preorders for games tomorrow at Gamestop, but I don't think I want to go there for a console launch. Plus, my Gamestop is so tiny.

Being 16, I'd like to do a midnight launch one day. I actually went to the PS4 one, but the whole experience was very weird. I want to go to an actual camping out - as in putting up a tent or sitting in a chair outside the store. My GS let us stand in line wrapping around the store. Why are you going to GS at 4? Their registers open at 6 for Xbox One finalizing, so I think 5 or even 5:30 should be fine, if it was anything like my GS.
Your only 16? Dang. You make me feel old.

I waited from around 11pm to 9am the next morning at Best Buy for the 360. I was not fully prepared since waiting was a spur of the moment idea and it was fairly cold at the time. I did at least have gloves in my trunk but no winter hat and my jacket was a bit light for being outside for a long period of time. It was a memorable experience as I did meet some cool people who went and got hot chocolate and even brought their cars up to the curb to let others warm up. However, I don't think it's something I would like to do again. Glad I pre-ordered One and PS4 well in advance. :D
I did the same thing for the 360. But I stayed out from 10pm to 10am and my gf at the time stayed out with me and it was cold as f. This year i'm going around 11 and hopefully getting the preorder process done, then getting my system by 12:30 and going home to sleep.

Unless they did a ton to fix Ryse I would recommend everyone avoid it like the plague. I played it last weekend at the Xbox One Tour and it was broken. I managed to crash the game by going to the main menu and then the display wouldn't align with the screen. It's a shame it's clearly a rushed out the door to meet launch window game that could have been good if given enough development time. I can't imagine it'll get anything but failing grades from any reviews unless the build I played was insanely early, but then why go around the country showing off alfa builds of games that only discourage a purchase?
What you were playing wasn't the final game though, just probably a quickly sliced off portion for a demo. That's why most companies don't do pre-launch demos anymore, is cause it takes a lot of effort to isolate a part of the game and make it run by itself with no issues and all while trying to get a game done and shipped. That probably explains the weird main menu glitch, because they probably were rushed and the main menu was the last priority for what is supposed to be a kiosk demo. Those consoles are also running highly unfinished UI code. I got a lecture when the first thing I did was hit the Guide Button and exposed the unfinished dashboard about how it's not done and will look a lot better when it's launch. I was just like, "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to feel how the button felt."

I've had multiple dreams about him actually, and I'm pretty sure I have tweeted him telling him so.

For many years I listened to his show to stop my mind from racing about stuff so I could actually fall asleep. I first did it in February 2006 when Oreo had a urinary tract blockage scare and I was particularly nervous about losing him because when I was a kid my first cat was put to sleep at a young age due to a UTI blockage that kept occurring or something. I'm not sure if the vet was screwing up or not, but anyway in early 2006 I was pretty distraught it was happening again with the cat that "replaced" him and at the exact same age. I listened to Larry's new show and tried to go to sleep and it worked like a charm and I did it for several years after that every single night. Some of his shows I have heard 30-40 times at least. In the past couple years, especially since changing computers and not knowing exactly where my archive of his shows are anymore, I haven't done much of any repeat listening though. Once the Kinect came out and there were four people on the show I got kinda annoyed at all the Kinect stuff and I only like Larry and e. I wish Larry would do more shows just by himself when he's on the road like he used to. It doesn't always need to be some big production but...that's what it turned into and we never get any "raw" feeling shows anymore from the hotel room or anything.
My god I didn't realize you were that HARDCORE of a fan. And here I thought my preference of MS over Sony was strong. Im surprised you don't achievement hunt to an extreme.

I really wish they would of eventually released a new Perfect Dark. That would of been an amazing launch title reboot.

I did not buy my 360 until it was out for 3 years. Not saying I will have that kind of patience this time around but going from SD to HD was a much bigger leap so I have the will power to wait right now.

Also, I don't have a preorder, so I don't think Gamestop will let me payoff a system that they can't guarantee for me.
Well, what happened with the PS4 is that any extras the GS got, they sold at 6PM on thursday. They cut it off when they reached the number of extra PS4's they got. They will guarantee you get one if you do indeed get in line on Thursday. Just pay for it at 6, come back at 12, pick it up, and sleep again. (But I'd imagine you might be too excited)

Well, what happened with the PS4 is that any extras the GS got, they sold at 6PM on thursday. They cut it off when they reached the number of extra PS4's they got. They will guarantee you get one if you do indeed get in line on Thursday. Just pay for it at 6, come back at 12, pick it up, and sleep again. (But I'd imagine you might be too excited)
Really? That's pretty tempting. I'll definitely call in advance, but I don't know, I kind of want to camp out, lol.

Even though I am a gamers club I am pre ordering day one games on amazon. Deadrising and forza with 2 day is gonna cost $129, $24 more than at best buy. But the day one cases and content aren't quite worth that but I'm gonna take that chance

Best Buy shipping won't send the Day One to your house?

http://gamingbolt.com/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-listed-for-ps4-xbox-one-on-amazon-italy

I loved Tomb Raider so much.  It was one of the best games I've played this year and I went through and collected everything if I remember correctly.  I don't remember what they even were, but I got them all and I usually don't do that for games anymore (now that all of them put those things in).  Far Cry 3 was another one I loved so much I had to get 100% completion in it, even for the multiplayer.

Not sure if I will buy this right away, but I will have it in my collection at some point.  I never owned the one for Xbox 360 but it deserves a purchase on either console.

Best Buy shipping won't send the Day One to your house?
It's probably cause Bestbuy.com won't have release date delivery. If he wanted to buy a console with no games he would probably buy a different console. ;)

It's probably cause Bestbuy.com won't have release date delivery. If he wanted to buy a console with no games he would probably by a different console. ;)

Except they pretty much have the same games.

And Best Buy is usually good about getting them to me on release.

Any word on whether the Xbox One launch event on Spike this Thursday night will have any new game debuts?  I was a bit underwhelmed by the PS4 ones (we already knew a new Uncharted was going to come out I'm sure) and was hoping for possibly a Red Dead sequel or something.  If MS paid the money to get RD exclusivity, even for 6 months, it could well turn the tide in their favor as that game still has a devoted legion of fans.

My god I didn't realize you were that HARDCORE of a fan. And here I thought my preference of MS over Sony was strong. Im surprised you don't achievement hunt to an extreme.

I really wish they would of eventually released a new Perfect Dark. That would of been an amazing launch title reboot.
I would have loved that too. I did not like the feel of Perfect Dark Zero, but that's what happens when a game sits in development too long and goes from multiple consoles and directions. Sad.

I don't achievement hunt because that would suck the fun out of gaming. Only early on did I ever seek out games for their Gamerscore, and that was when there was only 40-50 games out total anyway. Once games started coming out steadily I stopped getting sports games just for the extra achievements and stuff like that. I love Achievements and Gamerscore and still have never tired of that system of rewarding, but I don't let it affect how I spend my time or play games (in a negative way). Sometimes a game like Far Cry 3 comes out and the achievements are done well and due to loving the game world so much I spend much more time having fun doing more than I would have originally just to get the achievements.

I get excited about the 10k milestones and usually plan something special around them too. I can remember nearly every 10k milestone day by heart and I have the games and month/year listed in my Xbox profile (and Raptr).

You know, it's around these console launch times that I actually kind of miss Iamthecheapestgamer and that other guy who used to troll so badly (can't remember his name).  I wonder if they're back under different names.....

Since I would like the buyer to receive his console on release day, I decided not to wait any longer for the other CAGs to reply. I don't want to risk losing the opportunity of changing the delivery address of my pre-order.

So, if you're interested in an Xbox One Day One Edition delivered by Amazon this Friday, guaranteed, shoot me a PM. I'm asking $610 for it (the cheapest you can find on eBay right now is $700).

I'll be online for the next couple hours to close the deal. ;)
Still around waiting for replies, guys. :)

@Neo: By the term achievement hunting I wasn't implying to shoot for top 20 in the world. You can still have a ton of gamerscore playing games for fun. Every now and then Ill grab a easy gamerscore game but thats like 5% of the total games I play. Getting achievements doesn't mean you only play easy kid games or sports. I play everything but that. I hate sports games. 

My favorite games in which I enjoyed maxing them out to completion included the complete series of Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Fallouts, Borderlands, Halos, etc. 

@Neo: By the term achievement hunting I wasn't implying to shoot for top 20 in the world. You can still have a ton of gamerscore playing games for fun. Every now and then Ill grab a easy gamerscore game but thats like 5% of the total games I play. Getting achievements doesn't mean you only play easy kid games or sports. I play everything but that. I hate sports games.

Ahhh good ol avatar the air bender

I just went to the fields of despair, otherwise known as the Gamefaqs PS4 board, to do some Amazon shipping research.

This is what us Amazon people can expect in most cases (unless Amazon has a drastically different setup for this launch a week later):

Tomorrow morning the card will be charged (or whatever you got going on for payment) and the status will then say shipping soon.

Then sometime in the very late evening, right around midnight (give or take a hour) it will ship.

For most people it will say delivery on Friday but a lucky few might get a "early delivery" on Thursday but I'm not counting on that actually happening for myself or anyone else.

My favorite games in which I enjoyed maxing them out to completion included the complete series of Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Fallouts, Borderlands, Halos, etc.
Oh, I love getting achievements, but when I hear the term achievement hunting I think of people agonizing over hard ones and spending countless hours getting them. if I see an achievement that is just obnoxious with the time requirement or whatever I just laugh and never think about it again. It'd be cool if the new achievement system addressed those poorly designed achievements. It seems some companies still don't "get it".

Oh, I love getting achievements, but when I hear the term achievement hunting I think of people agonizing over hard ones and spending countless hours getting them. if I see an achievement that is just obnoxious with the time requirement or whatever I just laugh and never think about it again. It'd be cool if the new achievement system addressed those poorly designed achievements. It seems some companies still don't "get it".
Oh they definitely "get it." Thats why they attach achievements to DLC. $$$$$.

Not sure what I would be considered then as I max my games out regardless of what it takes. Its fun for me. Especially with TA its easy to find people to help.

I can see that. It's something that's fun to experience. I went when I was 14 with a friend to the Wii launch and ended up not realizing that Best Buy wasn't doing a midnight launch, but at that point in line we had a guaranteed Wii, so we waited 17 hours. It was hell. It was freezing cold so my friend and I made frequent trips to the Walmart around the corner. We were hungry. Yadda yadda. But when you're 14 waiting for a new game console, you don't really care. I would probably never do that again, which is why I ordered my X1 off Amazon, but definitely a fun experience looking back!

I can see that. It's something that's fun to experience. I went when I was 14 with a friend to the Wii launch and ended up not realizing that Best Buy wasn't doing a midnight launch, but at that point in line we had a guaranteed Wii, so we waited 17 hours. It was hell. It was freezing cold so my friend and I made frequent trips to the Walmart around the corner. We were hungry. Yadda yadda. But when you're 14 waiting for a new game console, you don't really care. I would probably never do that again, which is why I ordered my X1 off Amazon, but definitely a fun experience looking back!
Well, I have 6 years until I (should) graduated from college. If this gen doesn't last as long as the previous one, I can still get to do this while in college, and not tied down to a job yet.

Oh they definitely "get it." Thats why they attach achievements to DLC. $$$$$.

Not sure what I would be considered then as I max my games out regardless of what it takes. Its fun for me. Especially with TA its easy to find people to help.
Jesus. Just noticed your Gamerscore. Yeah you're definitely a hardcore achievement hunter guy.

bread's done
Back