Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I don't recall the specifics :( . They have a few brands in the 60-65 inch that were 750-1000+ depending on the brand and if you get a 3-d one or not.

Plus if I get it with my American Express card I get a 3 year warrenty (1year manufactors, 1 year from costco, and 1 year from american express) for no extra, not to mention some cash back.

Just a fyi. American express doesn't do that anymore. Not with Costco anyway.

Yea, I got worried about not getting a day one edition from BB since I placed my pre-order so late so I jumped on the amazon pre-orders today.  Already charged my card and is 'shipping now'.  My BB order still is stuck after 'payment validated' so who knows what will happen.  Would still like to pick it up at midnight, but at least I am covered in case I get screwed over. 

I'm nauseous. I wish I didn't have all my eggs in one basket here. What was I thinking...
Deep breaths...for the ps4 launch mine spent all day last thursday preparing for shipment, changed to shipping soon late afternoon, and didn't ship with tracking number until ~11:15 pm. I was going back and forth all evening on whether i was going to attempt walmart/gamestop midnight visit or target 8am. Once tracked, i sighed in relief and watched the online launch event. On friday, it was out for delivery at 5:30 am but i did not get it until 1:40 pm...which was stressful since i had been granted permission to leave work at 1:00 pm and the ups many usually arrives at my work ~11:30 am.

suffice it say, you should be fine , but im not sure saving tax was worth the added stress

Lots of people getting shipping alerts from Amazon in the past hour on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67887454

I remember several times having something ship the night before and getting it the next day and being like, "Wow." on just average things like a movie or something, so I am close enough to a center for that to happen, but I would really rather not wait until 34 hours or whatever to finally see it has shipped.

Nothing to worry about yet. I have terraway and a xbox one controller w/charge kit pre ordered along with the X1 and none have shipped yet.So no need to panic people....Yet.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep breaths...for the ps4 launch mine spent all day last thursday preparing for shipment, changed to shipping soon late afternoon, and didn't ship with tracking number until ~11:15 pm. I was going back and forth all evening on whether i was going to attempt walmart/gamestop midnight visit or target 8am. Once tracked, i sighed in relief and watched the online launch event. On friday, it was out for delivery at 5:30 am but i did not get it until 1:40 pm...which was stressful since i had been granted permission to leave work at 1:00 pm and the ups many usually arrives at my work ~11:30 am.

suffice it say, you should be fine , but im not sure saving tax was worth the added stress
That is pretty much what I'm expecting to happen with me, with those exact times basically cause that's when UPS usually arrives.

Do XB1 copies of BF4 come with the free DLC? None of the ones in my target indicated that they did? Guessing there are 2 skus?
Yes to both.

It should say on the case. When I was at gamestop earlier they had both skus on the shelf behind the register. So it looks to be fairly limited if they already got the one without the DLC.

What's everybodys experience with ups my choice and picking it up? Does it take forever them to find it?
Did it for my PS4 last week. Stood in line for about 5 minutes. Took the guy about 2 minutes to find my PS4 in the back. this was around 5 PM too. Probably going to do it for mg X1 also.

Congrats, man. Wish the GameStops around here were that cool... For the most part, they're all pricks.
I know what you mean, the Gamestop near me before I moved were messing out with nerf guns and hit me with them. Was very immature and left the store and didn't come back. However, the Gamestops near me have really nice people so it all depends :)

Anyway, good luck to everyone getting their X1, I'm waiting :p

I know what you mean, the Gamestop near me before I moved were messing out with nerf guns and hit me with them. Was very immature and left the store and didn't come back. However, the Gamestops near me have really nice people so it all depends :)

Anyway, good luck to everyone getting their X1, I'm waiting :p
Nerf gun fights in stor?? Sounds like a good place to do flips :)

Lots of people getting shipping alerts from Amazon in the past hour on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67887454

I remember several times having something ship the night before and getting it the next day and being like, "Wow." on just average things like a movie or something, so I am close enough to a center for that to happen, but I would really rather not wait until 34 hours or whatever to finally see it has shipped.
I still haven't seen any pending on this, and I ordered back in June :(.

Wal-Mart screwed up. My Day One Edition just arrived. O_O

3w358qVl.jpg

I'm nauseous. I wish I didn't have all my eggs in one basket here. What was I thinking...
Your fine man, my amazon ps4 didn't get shipped until 1pm on Thursday and I got it Friday just like everyone else.

So, now the question is: do you turn it on and risk the ban when you go online for the mandatory update, (assuming it even lets you on before Friday), or do you wait until Friday?

I'm stuck waiting until Friday to get mine...
MoonlightSwami (the guy who got his from Target a week or two ago) was unbanned from Live today. I think people can use it now, just don't do anything suspicious before launch day.

And, I can't wait for the Xbox One. Forza got 9/10 from OXM and 5/5 from Rev3Games.

I'm 6'5". I might make the box look a tad bit small. XD
How many thousands of times have you been asked if you play basketball? I stopped going to the grocery store any time before 8 or 9pm except on rare occasions because of that. I worked in a grocery store for almost nine years and was asked 5-10 times every day. I used to often say, "Only on Xbox!" and never once got a laugh. Most people got pissed when I said no.

I think I am going to do the Will Call thing with UPS My Choice at this point, cause I'm worried Amazon is waiting till the last second to do anything and it'll make my package come late on Friday and that is not going to work with the plans I have.  I've barely ate in days now so I think I can go without much sleep Friday morning.

How many thousands of times have you been asked if you play basketball? I stopped going to the grocery store any time before 8 or 9pm except on rare occasions because of that. I worked in a grocery store for almost nine years and was asked 5-10 times every day. I used to often say, "Only on Xbox!" and never once got a laugh. Most people got pissed when I said no.
The correct response to them is, 'no but I love dribbling balls!'

Follow that with a wink and see if they ask again : P

The correct response to them is, 'no but I love dribbling balls!'

Follow that with a wink and see if they ask again : P
People already think I'm gay since I've pretty much never been seen even talking to a girl by anybody I know, so I don't know if that would be a good idea unless I want to fully confirm that in people's heads.

Recent Chat with Amazon didn't go so well. :(

Eli:Hello, Thank you for contacting Amazon. This is Eli. How are you doing today?

Me:I'm tired as hell from waking up early and catching that pre-order this morning!

Eli:eek:h I`m sorry for that Sir.

Me:Haha it's fine

Eli:Well Sir I can see here that your item is with the Estimated Delivery Date: Monday, November 25, 2013.

Me:But in the description it was guaranteed on launch day which is November 22. I paid that one day shipping for it to get here earlier.

Eli:Yes I see it here as well, But that is really the estimated delivery date for it.

Me:So in other words it's not guaranteed on that day?

Eli:Actually it will be on Monday Sir.
Anyways I can waive your Shipping costs for you though.

Me:Is there anything you can do to make it Friday. Yes a waive it if you can.

Eli:The thing I can do now Sir is the waive of your shipping costs however I tried so hard to change it so that you can get it as early as Friday. However I really can`t do anything. I`t won`t allow me anymore. I already exhaust my resources already.

Me:Alright thanks for your effort.

Recent Chat with Amazon didn't go so well. :(
All of these shipping stories are really making me glad I can stroll into Gamestop and pick mine up at Midnight.

I am sorry for those that are having issues though and hopefully there is some sort of resolution

Hmmm...just called Amazon since I got that "check your card expiration date" email. The guy told me that those emails were sent out to give people a heads up who have had their system preordered for a long time that they'll get charged soon. He said Amazon has oversold the XBone and are also trying to facilitate the orders already taken. On a side note he said the XBone has sold many more units than the PS4. I still have my PS4 sitting in its Amazon box. I've not got around to playing it yet...if it'll play at all...lol.

These achievement lists are all very underwhelming so far, especially for the new titles.  Winning 325 medals online in Froza 5 should be a blast...

They...oversold it, yet sold a bunch this morning.

Jesus Christ...

Maybe they should have made sure to ship everyone's pre-order before taking more orders.

I'm surprised at the demand for this thing here! I canceled my Day One Edition last night.

I realized now that I'm paying annually for PS+ since it's required for PS4 online play, I'm not up for paying for Gold again. Interesting that Sony's decision closed my mind to getting an Xbox One.

Forza has never been easy, but my attempt at getting 100% on all my X1 games is probably out the window already.
Yea, I'm sure it will be boostable too, but I was hoping not to see every game with generic achievements like "Reach level 1,5,10,50, 100", "Kill 1, 5, 10, 100, 1000 Zombies", "Win 1, 5, 10, 100, races".

At least the ports have similar or identical lists as they have on 360/PS3.

Random Skylanders question, will the new Swap Force portal work on both 360 and XB1 or will you need a separate portal for each system?

They...oversold it, yet sold a bunch this morning.

Jesus Christ...

Maybe they should have made sure to ship everyone's pre-order before taking more orders.
My friend had his ordered since june and he just told me his new delivery date is 11/26 and "there's nothing they can do about it".What kind of bull shit is that..you sell some this morning and those people get their xbox's in shipping soon,but someone who ordered in june has to wait.Bull shit and if that happens to me I am going to be PISSED.they already are delaying sending me the new mario and Zelda a full week..Such BS.

I just checked a one-day shipping order I did back in August for some stuff for Oreo.  It was ordered at 3:30am on a Thursday, then shipped at 6pm, and was delivered 20 hours later on Friday.  Just gotta hope they actually ship the damn thing.  I can't believe they're selling they oversold it now.  I feel like they're working backwards from most recent orders to oldest.

My Xbox 360 E shipped on a Thursday too, at 8:30pm and came early afternoon Friday.

bread's done
Back