Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Not Yet Shipped here.  I live in WV.  My PS4 shipped on Thursday afternoon last week so I am not worried yet.  I did chat with Amazon and the CSR upgraded my shipping to one day and my delivery date still shows Friday, November 22.  She changed the shipping to "put me at the front of the line."  I do not think she knew what she was talking about.

I don't care as long as I get my Xbox One on Friday.

I should stay away from this thread. I have a huge backlog of current gen games. I just got the ps4 (have 3 games) and have the wii u (will get mario 3d in few days).

Despite having enough games for years, I just get this urge to buy the xbox one right now.

I will buy it eventually, but I have a blast on my first midnight release with the ps4 that I want to experience it again tomorrow. But my brain tells me no, although my heart says yes.

I should stay away from this thread. I have a huge backlog of current gen games. I just got the ps4 (have 3 games) and have the wii u (will get mario 3d in few days).
Despite having enough games for years, I just get this urge to buy the xbox one right now.

I will buy it eventually, but I have a blast on my first midnight release with the ps4 that I want to experience it again tomorrow. But my brain tells me no, although my heart says yes.
Buy it. The thrill of console launch comes once in many years, a handful of times in your life.

I almost screwed myself bad tonight. I've had my order from day one back in June. I decided to change my order address to my moms shop so that someone would be there to get the package and I would have it by the time I got out of work. Unfortunately this changed my delivery date to the 26th. I was pissed. Luckily Amazon CS came through in the clutch for me and they changed the order back to its original state

Just got off a Chat session with Amazon...I should receive my console "before Monday, November 25."  I asked if that was Friday, November 22 or by End of Business Monday, November 25, because they do not ship on weekends.  She said it could be Saturday...since when does Amazon ship Next Day for Saturdays deliveries?

Also said my status should change from Not-Yet Shipped to Shipped in the next few hours.

Ultimately, I wanted to confirm that they did in fact have my order and that is wasn't a glitch...I can wait till Monday, since this is a Christmas present for the family.  Just wanted to update those with the not-yet shipped status.

[quote name="davo1224" post="11261438" timestamp="1384995678"]
What games are you guys getting?[/quote]
Assassins Creed 4
Nba 2k14
Dead rising 3
Ghosts

And maybe Need for Speed Rivals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off a Chat session with Amazon...I should receive my console "before Monday, November 25." I asked if that was Friday, November 22 or by End of Business Monday, November 25, because they do not ship on weekends. She said it could be Saturday...since when does Amazon ship Next Day for Saturdays deliveries?

Also said my status should change from Not-Yet Shipped to Shipped in the next few hours.

Ultimately, I wanted to confirm that they did in fact have my order and that is wasn't a glitch...I can wait till Monday, since this is a Christmas present for the family. Just wanted to update those with the not-yet shipped status.
I've recieved packages from Amazon on Saturdays before.

Not expecting mine to ship til Thurs. My PS4 shipped thurs last week.
I'm expect thing as well considering I'm set for one day shipping. Just wish the expected delivery date would change from 25 to 22. Also seems strange that my games haven't shipped that I ordered today consider they are set for two day shipping.

What games are you guys getting?
ACIV

COD: Ghosts

Battlefield 4

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

Killer Instinct (Got it free from MS) :)

NBA 2K14

Going to GF NFS Rivals, Ryse or Lego Marvel. Whichever one they end up sending me.

My buddy is going to get Madden so I can just borrow that from him.

Debating if I want to go get Zoo Tycoon from Wal-Mart...

Since it looks like my console won't get to me until Monday, will the day one games still be available then? If I'm not going to get the system till Monday I'd rather wait and hear first hand reviews. I'm going to get two games probably between BF4, Forza, Ryse, and NBA 2k14.

Anyone else play around with the Xbox One Smartglass App?  I'm really liking it.  Also FYI: if you are like me and have your friend's list full, you can send requests via the App. :D

Who all has been having Xbox One dreams? I often will have 3-4 dreams about something I highly anticipate, like a new Halo. I actually had a Halo 2 dream long before launch (like 18 months prior) and that it was taking place on a beach and then some of Halo 2's opening levels were on beaches and I had no idea back then that that was the case (no one did).

For the Xbox One I've been having the most dreams ever. I had 2 or 3, and now it's been nightly the last few nights. They're really vague though and usually consist of me doing motion movements with my hand or something. I was playing Battlefield 4 in one a few days ago but, as usual with pre-release games, it was very vague and besides the aura of excitement and awe I don't remember anything.

I get very excited for something like a Halo launch but a console launch is so much more content. I can't believe the week is finally here. I have a huge exam in about 11 hours and that's my last big hurdle before launch.
Usually I think it's ridicoulous but damn, launches really get me excited. :)
Glad you're enjoying it.

Due to a strange set of circumstances I'm getting all three of these on Friday: Xbox One, NBA 2K14 for PS4, and Super Mario 3D World for Wii U. The NBA 2K14 I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago and it showed expected delivery on Monday but that appears to have been lost/misplaced during shipment so they set up another one for Friday. Super Mario 3D World showed delivery next Tuesday but after sending an email to Amazon CS they bumped it to release day (Friday). The X1 has shipped according to Amazon.

I am going to head up to Gamestop tonight to pick up a regular controller so I can sell my Day One edition to recoup some cost of the system - seems like a no-brainer to me as I could care less about the text on the controller.

In any case, of all three of those things I have to say I'm most excited about Super Mario 3D World. Who would have thought the Wii U would have the best Fall game release? (Followed closely by the 3DS Zelda game)

If I can get one at the midnight launch at best buy tomorrow night without a pre order and really I don't want to get there before 9:00. I'm going to get Forza and maybe Ryse. I already got BF and COD for the PS4. If I can't get an Xboxone tomorrow night I'm going to get NFS rivals for the PS4. :)
What do u guys think is the latest I can get to Best Buy tomorrow and still get a system without a pre order? Does anybody know how many extras there stores r getting?

If I can get one at the midnight launch at best buy tomorrow night without a pre order and really I don't want to get there before 9:00. I'm going to get Forza and maybe Ryse. I already got BF and COD for the PS4. If I can't get an Xboxone tomorrow night I'm going to get NFS rivals for the PS4. :)
What do u guys think is the latest I can get to Best Buy tomorrow and still get a system without a pre order? Does anybody know how many extras there stores r getting?
I don't really have anything constructive to add here expect LETS GO BLUUUUUES!

God the quality of customer service at Amazon has taken a real hit.  Their customer service has been top notch till the system launches.  The 3 times I've called they can barely speak english.  They can't pull up my orders.  I basically have to walk them through it.  They don't understand the policies that are listed on their webpage.  The don't understand pre-orders, release day shipping, etc.  It's such a pain to deal with them.  I imagine they had to get temporary workers to supplement for the amount of work they get during system launches and the holiday season, but Jesus.  It's awful.

It's always better to be early, rather than late. 

I am glad Forza is doing so well. It's not my cup of tea, but I know it has a good following. 

In any case, of all three of those things I have to say I'm most excited about Super Mario 3D World. Who would have thought the Wii U would have the best Fall game release? (Followed closely by the 3DS Zelda game)
How come all you do is post about how you love PS4 and now Nintendo in the XBox One thread? Of all people you should be one who knows there are other threads where you can discuss those.

Due to a strange set of circumstances I'm getting all three of these on Friday: Xbox One, NBA 2K14 for PS4, and Super Mario 3D World for Wii U. The NBA 2K14 I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago and it showed expected delivery on Monday but that appears to have been lost/misplaced during shipment so they set up another one for Friday. Super Mario 3D World showed delivery next Tuesday but after sending an email to Amazon CS they bumped it to release day (Friday). The X1 has shipped according to Amazon.

I am going to head up to Gamestop tonight to pick up a regular controller so I can sell my Day One edition to recoup some cost of the system - seems like a no-brainer to me as I could care less about the text on the controller.

Why are you buying both the PS4 and XB1 this early? I can understand owning both of them eventually but why now? Money to burn?

I would be really sad if mine had changed to that. When did you pre-order?
lol... It says in the picture =P, June 10th. I had to change my CC info because of a fraud alert I received from Warner Bros getting hacked earlier this year and had to get my CC replaced. I changed my method of payment on 11/11 not thinking much of it because nothing happened when I did it with the PS4 but boy was I wrong. After today seeing others others shipped before mine is a kick to the balls. =(

Mine doesn't even say day one edition anymore. I'd rather it miss the weekend then show up as a regular edition on Friday. Good thing I preordered two I guess?

Lol.

Come on Neo, it's not like it was in small print either.
I am in a daze man. Everything is spinning.

That's sad, but I'm glad you clarified that you did have a credit card "issue" even though it shouldn't have affected it. I'm curious if anyone who ordered early got pushed back when nothing had been touched and their card was valid. That would be especially shitty of Amazon.

I've been ignoring that part of my brain for years. :p

MushaOne - There is so much Wii U bashing on CAG that I thought I'd mention that the best game of the Fall/Winter (at least according to Metacritic) is on that system. A lot of CAGs probably aren't even aware of that. As for the PS4, I'm already back to playing PS3 more after the initial shine wore off of the PS4. I'll still finish Knack and play NBA 2K14 but I expect most of my game time will go to Wii U/PS3 for the rest of this year.

jay_remedy said:
Why are you buying both the PS4 and XB1 this early? I can understand owning both of them eventually but why now? Money to burn?
The Xbox One is more for my 13 year-old son than for me. I'd want it eventually but probably would have waited if were not for him. And I got them both cheap after using trade-ins so it is no big deal money-wise. I have 4 other kids, too. My 11 year-old son will play the PS4 more often. And I got Skylanders Swap Force for PS4 for my youngest son's birthday next weekend. The X1 will go upstairs in the room my teenager hangs out in while the Wii U/PS4 are in the living room.

So I just got a shipping notice from GoHastings on Assassin's Creed IV for the Xbox One. I had completely forgotten that I put that order in for $39.99 + shipping ($43.41 total) way back in early September. Did anyone else get in on that? It remains to be seen if they send me the X1 version and not the 360 one - will find out in a few days I guess.

I was going to pass on that game but completely forgot about this order. I guess I'll just keep it so my son has a second game to go along with Dead Rising 3 (that we will buy digitally). And I might actually play AC IV myself.

Mine doesn't even say day one edition anymore. I'd rather it miss the weekend then show up as a regular edition on Friday. Good thing I preordered two I guess?
When did you order? Mine doesn't say Day One either, but if I look back at my old e-mails I see the ones where Amazon tells me they have estimated a date of November 27th (this was several months before they knew anything other than November as the date" and it is called the Day One edition there too. If I click the link on my Orders page it brings me to the Day One too. Same thing if I look at the product pages. If I look at the standard it doesn't show the "You produced this item on June 10th" but if I click over to the Day One it shows up. You should try that last thing and see which one it shows as the one you purchased.

bread's done
Back