Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

MushaOne - There is so much Wii U bashing on CAG that I thought I'd mention that the best game of the Fall/Winter is on that system. A lot of CAGs probably aren't even aware of that.
Halo: Spartan Assault is coming out on the Wii U?

That's the only reason? He just wants them? If so, more power to him.
I have (or, will have, I should say) both next-gen consoles and for me, I had the money from flipping, so why not. I got the PS3 about a year ago from a friend, and I just don't want to wait to play through exclusives. I don't really want to feel rushed to play through the exclusives like Uncharted.

It would have to be Friday I gotta think? Did you use amazon 2 day shipping? I did one day and it says Monday so I got to assume it would also leave at some point Friday.
Originally this morning... I chose I day and it said Monday as well.. I changed it to the Free 2 day and it says Tuesday currently.. I don't mind as it gives me time to deal it. I'll be picking mine up at midnight!

Due to a strange set of circumstances I'm getting all three of these on Friday: Xbox One, NBA 2K14 for PS4, and Super Mario 3D World for Wii U. The NBA 2K14 I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago and it showed expected delivery on Monday but that appears to have been lost/misplaced during shipment so they set up another one for Friday. Super Mario 3D World showed delivery next Tuesday but after sending an email to Amazon CS they bumped it to release day (Friday). The X1 has shipped according to Amazon.

I am going to head up to Gamestop tonight to pick up a regular controller so I can sell my Day One edition to recoup some cost of the system - seems like a no-brainer to me as I could care less about the text on the controller.

In any case, of all three of those things I have to say I'm most excited about Super Mario 3D World. Who would have thought the Wii U would have the best Fall game release? (Followed closely by the 3DS Zelda game)
I agree with you for the most part except that Zelda to me looks ty o be the best game this fall. I am looking forward to 3d world as well but this Zelda look amazing.

Yep.

I saw this on IGN.

How will we know what our version number is before the One will start downloading the update?

MS should either make it easier to do (like PS 3/4 does) or make a single file that is works with both versions.

Hopefully there will be a YouTube video that better explains the procedure.

When did you order? Mine doesn't say Day One either, but if I look back at my old e-mails I see the ones where Amazon tells me they have estimated a date of November 27th (this was several months before they knew anything other than November as the date" and it is called the Day One edition there too. If I click the link on my Orders page it brings me to the Day One too. Same thing if I look at the product pages. If I look at the standard it doesn't show the "You produced this item on June 10th" but if I click over to the Day One it shows up. You should try that last thing and see which one it shows as the one you purchased.

I ordered the day it was available in June.

lol... It says in the picture =P, June 10th. I had to change my CC info because of a fraud alert I received from Warner Bros getting hacked earlier this year and had to get my CC replaced. I changed my method of payment on 11/11 not thinking much of it because nothing happened when I did it with the PS4 but boy was I wrong. After today seeing others others shipped before mine is a kick to the balls. =(
I ordered mine on June 10th as well and had to update my credit card because of WBshop being hacked too. I changed my payment method a month ago and mine is still "Not Yet Shipped" as well. We better not get screwed over for updating our payment method.

The Xbox One is more for my 13 year-old son than for me. I'd want it eventually but probably would have waited if were not for him. And I got them both cheap after using trade-ins so it is no big deal money-wise. I have 4 other kids, too. My 11 year-old son will play the PS4 more often. And I got Skylanders Swap Force for PS4 for my youngest son's birthday next weekend. The X1 will go upstairs in the room my teenager hangs out in while the Wii U/PS4 are in the living room.
That makes sense.

I ordered mine on June 10th as well and had to update my credit card because of WBshop being hacked too. I changed my payment method a month ago and mine is still "Not Yet Shipped" as well. We better not get screwed over for updating our payment method.
Amazon ALWAYS screws you up if you change a payment method or a shipping address....especially if you do it within a week of the item coming out. It's so stupid.

Amazon ALWAYS screws you up if you change a payment method or a shipping address....especially if you do it within a week of the item coming out. It's so stupid.
Yes they do, but if you apply gift cards that you bought with another credit card, it doesn't matter. Amazon is ass-backwards in some areas.

In any case, of all three of those things I have to say I'm most excited about Super Mario 3D World. Who would have thought the Wii U would have the best Fall game release? (Followed closely by the 3DS Zelda game)
I really want to pick up Super Mario 3D world on Friday, but I've talked myself out of it for now. Between the PS4 & X1 plus getting an ESO Beta invite my gaming time is already booked up for awhile. So we shall see how long I hold out =D

Why are you buying both the PS4 and XB1 this early? I can understand owning both of them eventually but why now? Money to burn?
I will have both as well. They have different games and features that I'm interested in at launch and shortly thereafter. Loving the Remote play on the Ps4 and will enjoy the fitness aspect of X1 until Project Spark comes out. (I am so excited to get a hold of this game, hopefully I will be able to get in on the beta testing)

I knew I wasn't alone in this shit storm, at least we can sit in the sidelines together. ='(

The dumbest part about this is that Amazon CSR can't do absolutely nothing about the order, all I got was a bunch of apologies a few "I wish I could do more" and $25 in promo credit. oh.... Also according to the ACSR $3.99 which was waved for overnight shipping when it was their system that screwed things up.

I would understand the situation if it already went into the whole shipping process and the payment failed but I did it in what I believe is more than ample enough time and this should have never happened. My biggest concern is this being a limited item and that there may be a slim chance I receive a non day one edition by having my shipping date pushed back, I've seen it happen here with a lot of limited items and I don't want it to happen to me. I actually think the day one is pretty cool when others think of just cashing in on it, I can say I've had every major system day 1 but have never had anything to show for it.

Yes they do, but if you apply gift cards that you bought with another credit card, it doesn't matter. Amazon is ass-backwards in some areas.
That is what must have saved me when I had to change cards yesterday. Thank god I had some Amazon trade credit. Mine was ordered June 10th as well. Funny thing was I was unable to add the trade credit manually. I had to call CS to have them apply it. Then I changed payment method and everything still shows arriving by Friday at 8:00pm.

Man I just rrealized my gamestop credit is going to take a major beating tomorrow.
X1
DR3
Forza
Madden
Zelda
3d world
All this after getting ghosts, BF 4 and an extra controller yesterday.

The order I placed at 5am this morning is "Shipping Now" and is going to be here friday

Got my new Sony 802A and LG Sound Bar set up and im ready to go! Woo! 

Anybody who ordered off bestbuy have there order moved to preparing for pickup? I think it's weird they haven't changed the status when they got there x1 today.

Oh yeah day one editions boxes are black! They look a lot better then the green x1 boxes.

Anybody who ordered off bestbuy have there order moved to preparing for pickup? I think it's weird they haven't changed the status when they got there x1 today.

Oh yeah day one editions boxes are black! They look a lot better then the green x1 boxes.
people that did instore pick up for best buy should get a email tommow saying order is ready for pick up i know that's what happend for me with ghost the day of midnight they sent me email saying that.

people that did instore pick up for best buy should get a email tommow saying order is ready for pick up i know that's what happend for me with ghost the day of midnight they sent me email saying that.
Cool thanks I'll let my girlfriend know I'll be working launch at GameStop. I'm just hoping its a day one like my order says other wise I'll be a little upset.

Mine has not moved at all, and my card has not been charged either. Feeling better that I jumped on one of the amazon pre-orders this morning.

Buddy who lives only a few minutes away from me (and ordered like 5 days after me) had his ship, mines still sitting at shipping now

My forza and one orders from today just received tracking numbers and shipment notifications. Awesome. Setting them up for will call 11/22 in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing yet.. hopefully tomorrow we start seeing some activity

Hoping amazon doesn't pull the same crap that they did with my ps4. They ended up shipping it on release day and I didn't get it till Monday.

God the quality of customer service at Amazon has taken a real hit. Their customer service has been top notch till the system launches. The 3 times I've called they can barely speak english. They can't pull up my orders. I basically have to walk them through it. They don't understand the policies that are listed on their webpage. The don't understand pre-orders, release day shipping, etc. It's such a pain to deal with them. I imagine they had to get temporary workers to supplement for the amount of work they get during system launches and the holiday season, but Jesus. It's awful.
Use the chat. Amazon has been super helpful the past two times I've contacted them. They fixed my Xbox One order after I changed my shipping address tonight. It went from release date to Tuesday the 26th. They changed it back to release date shipping for me

So when I bought my tv today i totally forgot to go get live.... On my way back to best buy to get a day one edition gold lol 

im so upset I cancelled my amazon preorder for ghosts and went with newegg slow ass shipping... 

never again

Still sitting at Shipping Now here.  I just read that there's two friends of a guy I know online that are in sleeping bags inside a Walmart right now waiting for the Xbox One.

Can someone explain what is going on.. I saw a few people mentioning this earlier but don't quite understand. I ordered a copy of NBA 2K14 for xbox one and when it shipped tonight i received 2 emails saying I'm eligible for a promotion so I added another copy of NBA to my cart and it takes 50$ off for a total of 9.96. Why is this happening

Can someone explain what is going on.. I saw a few people mentioning this earlier but don't quite understand. I ordered a copy of NBA 2K14 for xbox one and when it shipped tonight i received 2 emails saying I'm eligible for a promotion so I added another copy of NBA to my cart and it takes 50$ off for a total of 9.96. Why is this happening
I think the system believes you bought it for the 360 and are going to upgrade to the One version. It did this to me for COD and BF4, I ended up ordering them again since they were so cheap and will take them to Walmart to swap for different games.

bread's done
Back