Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Blu-Ray won because Sony went and paid off the other movie studios to use Blu-ray. HD-DVD did not spend enough money on getting the studios on board.
^^This. There was a last minute rug pulled out from under HD-DVD that they were not expecting. Money changed hands. Battle won. There was some amazing deals to be had on HD-DVD Xbox drives and discs after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean but if you enjoy that game fantastic for you. I don't see how its possible but too each their own. It is the worst piece if garbage I've ever played.
you apply that troll logic to anything and its idiotic everytime... just saying. try harder next time. lol!

The disc is only checked to make sure you own the game. It wouldn't of been needed if gamers weren't so whinny and made them change their policies.

I really hope my pickup of my walmart store pre order goes smoothly toight,  never pre ordered stuff like this at walmart.

^^This. There was a last minute rug pulled out from under HD-DVD that they were not expecting. Money changed hands. Battle won. There was some amazing deals to be had on HD-DVD Xbox drives and discs after that.
Yes, sony paid warner, which at the time were spearheading many of the online features on HD-DVD and was quite possibly the largest studio pushing it. Warner going blu killed hd-dvd. and it took quite a while for all the features to carry over....

now I wonder..... what happens if I plug my HD DVD player into the Xbox One? probably nothing.

Anybody want to trade a amazon glitch cod for a nba 2k14 let me know soon bc I have sat delivery as a option for a few more hours
If it was Madden or NFS I'd trade. I have COD and BF4 I got for the glitched price. I'm going to try to take COD over to Walmart after work to swap.

I just stopped out at Best Buy to trade in some systems and games and they stated that they had a good deal more Xbox One's for sale than they had for the PS4 last week (59 PS4's were for sale at this store.)

There were no people waiting at 2:00 for systems, so quantities might be pretty high for the system.

now I wonder..... what happens if I plug my HD DVD player into the Xbox One? probably nothing.
That's an awesome thought. I still watch some of my HD-DVD's as I didn't replace all of them with Blu-Ray's.

Yes, sony paid warner, which at the time were spearheading many of the online features on HD-DVD and was quite possibly the largest studio pushing it. Warner going blu killed hd-dvd. and it took quite a while for all the features to carry over....

I would try it. LOL.

My Best Buy wouldn't even tell me how many systems they had but there was nobody standing in line yet around 11:00. I tried to buy Forza 5 but they wouldn't sell it to me. :( told me the street date was tomorrow. I hope I can get a system at midnight tho without a preorder. I'm going to show up about 9:00 or so after the hockey game I guess. Sucks they make people wait outside and it's cold and rainy. :( maybe it will stop raining tho.

Do you guys think its worth getting to Target early if I have the console pre-ordered?  I'm not sure how it worked with the PS4 but from what I remembered from the Wii U launch I went to, the two people that pre-ordered didnt even have ones set aside from them and 8 people without pre-orders were given consoles before them.

Makes me a bit worried if they give all the Day Ones to the people who didn't and i'm left with a regular one (even though the pre-order card says its the day one version)

Mine is the same way. I have seen PS4 consoles at every store I've gone to to look for Xbox One games. It's not the huge stacks that I saw for the PS3 but it's still not sold out.
Sold my ps4 last night . On the way home my son wanted a new book so I stopped at hastings(2 blocks away from the sale) and low and behold they had two ps4's in stock. I guess some ppl just check best buy and Walmart and give up at that point.

Called a GS for fun.

Right now, only 2 people in line, and those are the ones who do not have pre-orders. She said no one who has a pre-order is in line for the 6 PM payoff/receive number thing.

But we should all be happy that Blu-ray won, it was the better product...

Blu-ray has a much higher capacity media than HD-DVD.

The high capacity gives us what we get now for games, simply look at some of those bigger games from last gen, Xbox two disks, PS3 one disk...

Do you guys think its worth getting to Target early if I have the console pre-ordered? I'm not sure how it worked with the PS4 but from what I remembered from the Wii U launch I went to, the two people that pre-ordered didnt even have ones set aside from them and 8 people without pre-orders were given consoles before them.

Makes me a bit worried if they give all the Day Ones to the people who didn't and i'm left with a regular one (even though the pre-order card says its the day one version)

I would love to know this as well.

From Amazon, my XBone is still Preparing for Shipment since early this am and DR3 is Now Shipping (never seen this stage, but came after Preparing for Shipment.)

But we should all be happy that Blu-ray won, it was the better product...

Blu-ray has a much higher capacity media than HD-DVD.

The high capacity gives us what we get now for games, simply look at some of those bigger games from last gen, Xbox two disks, PS3 one disk...
I actually agree with you for once ! Blue ray was a no brainer IMHO . Can't see how anyone could argue with that .

Just called my manager buddy at TRU and he said that the only Day One edition games he got in were Forza, none for DR3 or Ryse..

There goes me getting a good deal on them : (

No regular editions?
Oh no he had normal editions of all the games. I have my Day Ones preordered at GS and so I was unsure what I wanted to do. I wanted to take advantage of the b3g$50 promo but it would have been a hassle to do so for me anyway and now I wouldn't even get the Day One editions : /

Oh no he had normal editions of all the games. I have my Day Ones preordered at GS and so I was unsure what I wanted to do. I wanted to take advantage of the b3g$50 promo but it would have been a hassle to do so for me anyway and now I wouldn't even get the Day One editions : /
Ok cool, cause I was going to do the buy 3 get 50 deal as well. I don't really care about the day one version.

Do you guys think its worth getting to Target early if I have the console pre-ordered? I'm not sure how it worked with the PS4 but from what I remembered from the Wii U launch I went to, the two people that pre-ordered didnt even have ones set aside from them and 8 people without pre-orders were given consoles before them.

I would love to know this as well.
My Target got the exact number of Day One Editions needed to cover the pre-orders and quite a few regular editions. Both stock will be held at the electronics counter and those who pre-ordered will get their Day Ones whether they're there at opening or within 7 days. Whether your specific Target handles it the proper way is anyone's guess though.

FWIW: during the PS4 launch, we didn't have a single person waiting at the door until a half hour before opening.

My Target got the exact number of Day One Editions needed to cover the pre-orders and quite a few regular editions. Both stock will be held at the electronics counter and those who pre-ordered will get their Day Ones whether they're there at opening or within 7 days. Whether your specific Target handles it the proper way is anyone's guess though.
FWIW: during the PS4 launch, we didn't have a single person waiting at the door until a half hour before opening.
Did you guys get Day One editions of the games? Are game reservations held at electronics as well?

So I ordered the 5 am Xbox One from Amazon and got a 11/26 delivery with prime 2-day. Changed it to one day shipping and it changed to the 22nd.

Checked UPS tracking and it says it's being shipped ground and will not be here until the 25th now...why am I getting ground shipping when I paid for one day shipping?! Ugh. Contacting Amazon when I get home from work.

What are the physical differences between the Day One and Standard editions of Forza/Ryse/DS3?  The Day One has a slip cover and DLC card inside?  Is the actual artwork different as well?

Did you guys get Day One editions of the games? Are game reservations held at electronics as well?
Same process as with the console though we did receive many extra copies of the D1 games. Again whether every target does what they're supposed to is the real question.

What are the physical differences between the Day One and Standard editions of Forza/Ryse/DS3? The Day One has a slip cover and DLC card inside? Is the actual artwork different as well?
I am pretty sure that is all it is.

Realistically I should probably take advantage of the promo and just get the regular ones but I really want them tonight. I am taking the day off of work to veg all day and game, not to go out to the store early to pick up more games!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/21/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-sprouts-this-february-on-xbox/

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare coming Feb. 18th

"There are two additions in the Xbox One version: The next-gen console gets a split-screen Horde-like mode in which two players fend off zombie attacks, and Boss Mode, which lets players use Kinect or SmartGlass in an auxiliary role with other modes, where they're able to give teammates support items like health drops, or pass on intel."

just got bf4 from ups and some reason the disk was moist not sure what that was about but i will say seems like these disc will clean much more easy then 360 disk one wipe from my electronic cleaning cloth it was clear and clean.

i love the x1 case so small and do like that the disk is on left side.
I have yet to open my Battlefield 4 that I got on Tuesday. I hope it's not "moist" as well.

Just got a shipped email from Amazon - showed delivery date as Monday up until this shipment email, now it shows tomorrow.

I ordered on the most recent restock.

Running the update right now. I'm surprised at how light the system is considering the unit itself is so big. It's not extremely light, but nowhere near as heavy as the original xbox. Oh, and the packing is awesome! much better than the PS4's 

How do you upgrade the hard drive of the XBOne? I'm really put off with these 500GB hard drives these new systems are coming out with, especially with 40-50GB game installs. I heard changing the hard drive voids your warranty. Any news on this?

bread's done
Back