Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Do you guys think its worth getting to Target early if I have the console pre-ordered? I'm not sure how it worked with the PS4 but from what I remembered from the Wii U launch I went to, the two people that pre-ordered didnt even have ones set aside from them and 8 people without pre-orders were given consoles before them.

Makes me a bit worried if they give all the Day Ones to the people who didn't and i'm left with a regular one (even though the pre-order card says its the day one version)
I preordered my PS4 from Target and had no issues picking it up on launch day 2 hours after opening.

But we should all be happy that Blu-ray won, it was the better product...

Blu-ray has a much higher capacity media than HD-DVD.

The high capacity gives us what we get now for games, simply look at some of those bigger games from last gen, Xbox two disks, PS3 one disk...
I don't think blu-ray was necessarily the better product. It had higher capacity AT THE TIME, but one of the HD-DVD producers had just announced they found a way to squeeze 200 gb of info onto one disk right before they had the rug pulled out from under them. It might have just been vaporware that never would have materialized, but I was hopeful.

How do you upgrade the hard drive of the XBOne? I'm really put off with these 500GB hard drives these new systems are coming out with, especially with 40-50GB game installs. I heard changing the hard drive voids your warranty. Any news on this?
They are adding support for external drives. The internal is not upgradeable.

I was able to order a day one through amazon the other day but still have a target pre order. Hoping it can be here by tomorrow so if I get a doa console from poor shipping I can just buy the target one and return the amazon if I need. Though may have one to sell at cost for anyone in the seattle/kirkland area

Got a text around 12:30 saying my Amazon order has shipped and is on track for delivery tomorrow. Probably head to Best Buy right at midnight to sign up for $30 Unlocked and grab my games then go to my friend's place who is getting a One at midnight. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Running the update right now. I'm surprised at how light the system is considering the unit itself is so big. It's not extremely light, but nowhere near as heavy as the original xbox. Oh, and the packing is awesome! much better than the PS4's
Are you downloading it from XBL or did you put it on USB before they pulled it? Either way I'd have to think traffic is pretty low since midnight launch in the east coast is still 7 1/2 hours away.

It is crazy that the system couldn't even play games out of the box. I know the amount of people online is the vast majority, but I still picture someone buying one in a remote area, bringing it home and not even being able to play a game since they didn't have an internet connection.

But even if they do add support for external drives, don't the game installs only go to the system hard drive? This could be a major issue.
Depending on the drive inside (5400rpm 2.5" for instance), this could be considerably faster on an external SSD via one of the USB 3.0 ports.

Actually, just checked one of the teardowns, the drive inside:

SAMSUNG Spinpoint M8 ST500LM012 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache

Definitely not going to win any speed competitions.

But even if they do add support for external drives, don't the game installs only go to the system hard drive? This could be a major issue.
Per the tear down videos, you can upgrade internal, but yes it does void the warranty! Not talking about you but the person that responded to you that gave you wrong info... You are a lot smarter than that from the posts and to see you ask about it, someone might want to do research before they reply... No one has tried replacing it, however it is a standard hard drive just like the PS4. So in essance it looks like you can.

Link for proof... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/xbox-one-teardown-uncovers-replaceable-hard-drive

My day so far...

Woke up all excited that I would be getting my Xbone. I then realized there was a foul smell coming from my living room. (A few weeks ago I started preparation for the xbones arrival. My cat had pissed behind my tv so I also cleaned the carpet, clean up my cords, bought new ones, a new surge protector etc.) Well last night I moved my 360 in the bedroom for my daughter and left my entertainment center out, so that I would be able to hook the Xbone up easily. That mother fucker when and pissed right on top of my new surge protector and cords. I took this thing and literally dumped the piss out of it. It was like a fucking cup full. Luckily only my surge protector was killed in this tragic incident and it did it's job properly protecting my electronics. I spent like 5 fucking hours cleaning this piss up. (I'm a germaphobe) Anyhow that is how the day I've waited 5 months for started. Can't wait to play tonight, while that cat dies on the street.

/NeoBlog
It's funny you tell this story because when I went to bed last night at 5am after starting to worry that my Xbox One was coming Monday I found my cat (the one with cancer and diabetes) had peed on my bed again. It's only the third time in 13 years. The second time was a few days ago as I laid there and he was mad I was getting up to feed him cause I thought he had already been fed. He was justified in getting that upset with me that day, but this second time was only cause I didn't do a good job cleaning it. So I was up till 6am cleaning it and then had to sleep with no sheets and with towels below me since the cushion things above my mattress were still a bit damp with deodorizer and cleaner and stuff. It didn't even smell, but he can smell it so I gotta go over it a few more times. Usually a cat urinating outside the litter box is a sign of a urinary tract blockage of some kind starting to crop up (crystals in urine cause irritation and thus they associate the litter box with pain) but I'm confident I know exactly why Oreo had these two episodes now.

So, that is part of why I didn't go to school, because I would have been dead tired and I ain't going to be like that this week.

Undertaker, I am in same stage as you (ordered 6/10) if they use UPS it will never make tomorrow, since it always takes UPS one day to get into the system, so I am hoping it is Fedex. As long as Fedex receives by midnight they deliver next day for me.

Mine still says Shipping Now. Pretty much giving up hope of getting it tomorrow.

Hey guys,

What does this mean in the product description:

• The product does not come with the converter.

^ It is part of the Amazon Xbox One Day One product description

• Orders are guaranteed to be available on the Release Day of November 22, 2013.
  • The Day One console includes a commemorative controller, token code to unlock an exclusive Day One achievement, and premium packaging at no additional cost
  • Kinect is included with every Xbox One. Completely reengineered to be more precise, responsive and intuitive with unparalleled voice, vision and motion technology
  • The product does not come with the converter.
  • The console is driven by a powerful combination of CPU, GPU and 8GB of RAM, governed by an innovative OS architecture, to deliver power, speed and agility; Only Xbox One unleashes the vast and scalable power of the cloud for your games, entertainment and apps with Xbox Live

I was able to order a day one through amazon the other day but still have a target pre order. Hoping it can be here by tomorrow so if I get a doa console from poor shipping I can just buy the target one and return the amazon if I need. Though may have one to sell at cost for anyone in the seattle/kirkland area
I'm in Kirkland, Not looking for an Xbox One myself, but have a friend that didn't pre-order that is going out Friday morning to try and find one.

So I ordered the 5 am Xbox One from Amazon and got a 11/26 delivery with prime 2-day. Changed it to one day shipping and it changed to the 22nd.

Checked UPS tracking and it says it's being shipped ground and will not be here until the 25th now...why am I getting ground shipping when I paid for one day shipping?! Ugh. Contacting Amazon when I get home from work.
Same thing happened to me, but as is common with my Amazon packages, it is coming day earlier than expected. It took about ten hours for the UPS website to show the "early delivery" date though. It's like Amazon knew they would happen and purposefully schedule it for the 25th and then counted on UPS bumping it a day early. That seriously pisses me off when I paid for one-day shipping back on June 10th.

As I mentioned earlier about Wal-Mart, at 3 pm there was one guy "camping" out. The Wal-Mart employee told me they would have atleast six consoles but less than 10. And I can't get there until atleast 830. Not even sure if I should bother.

Anybody's console coming from Chattanooga Tennessee? Mine has been "in transit to carrier" for almost 20 hours
Mine is coming from there, I had the same status from around 4:00pm yesterday to around 1:00pm to day, where the status changed to being scanned in Hodgkins, IL.

Are you downloading it from XBL or did you put it on USB before they pulled it? Either way I'd have to think traffic is pretty low since midnight launch in the east coast is still 7 1/2 hours away.

It is crazy that the system couldn't even play games out of the box. I know the amount of people online is the vast majority, but I still picture someone buying one in a remote area, bringing it home and not even being able to play a game since they didn't have an internet connection.
D'loaded from XBL, it took about 10 minutes to get it done. I totally get what you're saying about not being able to play games straight out of the box before updating it.

Mine's been "shipping now" for a few hours, I'd say if we don't get "shipped" in the next two hours, yea were screwed.
If Amazon has estimated delivery listed for tomorrow, you should get it tomorrow. I didn't get my "now shipped" email for my PS4 last week until 7:53pm last Thursday and received the system at 11:30 am Friday from UPS. A lot of times with these big releases, they are actually shipped a while before the system changes the status.

Running the update right now. I'm surprised at how light the system is considering the unit itself is so big. It's not extremely light, but nowhere near as heavy as the original xbox. Oh, and the packing is awesome! much better than the PS4's
From Amazon? How was the packing different? Or do you mean inside the retail box it was better packed?

Well all I can say to that is that's why it's important to read. It says on the box that a one-time internet connection is required and it has been known online for 6 months now. if someone spends well over $500 on a new system and game plus taxes and is absolutely clueless then maybe this a good lesson for them to go through. My only sympathy goes towards any kids who have clueless parents (who also have no internet) but I feel like that will either be a non-existent scenario or in the single digits of occurrence.

If Amazon has estimated delivery listed for tomorrow, you should get it tomorrow. I didn't get my "now shipped" email for my PS4 last week until 7:53pm last Thursday and received the system at 11:30 am Friday from UPS. A lot of times with these big releases, they are actually shipped a while before the system changes the status.
Nah my one day shipping has it here on Monday, but the CSR said I could possibly get it tomorrow, but they won't do weekend deliveries. So its Friday or Monday...

Live picture of the line in Washington D.C. area:

MillionManMarch.jpg

From Amazon? How was the packing different? Or do you mean inside the retail box it was better packed?
I meant the retail packing in general, the console had black foam padding protecting it. The Amazon packing was marginally better considering that they put air bags (dunno what they're actually called lol) on the side and the top of the box whereas the PS4 Amazon packing had nothing protecting it.

Nah my one day shipping has it here on Monday, but the CSR said I could possibly get it tomorrow, but they won't do weekend deliveries. So its Friday or Monday...
Amazon really screwed the shipping up for this. They didn't fully screw me over, but this has been way more stressful and jacked up than it should have been. Literally shipping a one-day order UPS Ground, so now my Xbox One gets to be banged around even more along with all the other cheaply shipped boxes. fucking idiots.

Once I get my Xbox One I'll be writing something nasty to Amazon without a doubt. Also due to this I am terrified to touch my UPS order and do a will call or anything like that because I'm worried they'd hold it and say, "Oh we can't give it to you until the scheduled delivery date, which is officially Monday."

It'll be the last time I order something of this importance from them ahead of time, especially when there were a dozen options that were less problematic and also provided quicker (or early) shipment. Amazon didn't completely fail me, but they have disappointed me and it annoys me to see other people waiting till Monday or Tuesday when Amazon had these consoles for weeks beforehand and sat there on them until it's too late.

I meant the retail packing in general, the console had black foam padding protecting it. The Amazon packing was marginally better considering that they put air bags (dunno what they're actually called lol) on the side and the top of the box whereas the PS4 Amazon packing had nothing protecting it.
Oh ok, I know that black foam padding you're talking about. Microsoft always uses that for the consoles. Sony doesn't have the same inside their boxes?

Disappointed, but not surprised, to hear that Amazon still isn't putting any protection air bags on the bottom of the box within a box. Lazy lazy lazy. Gonna have a part in my letter to them about that as well.

Amazon really screwed the shipping up for this. They didn't fully screw me over, but this has been way more stressful and jacked up than it should have been. Literally shipping a one-day order UPS Ground, so now my Xbox One gets to be banged around even more along with all the other cheaply shipped boxes. fucking idiots.

Once I get my Xbox One I'll be writing something nasty to Amazon without a doubt. Also due to this I am terrified to touch my UPS order and do a will call or anything like that because I'm worried they'd hold it and say, "Oh we can't give it to you until the scheduled delivery date, which is officially Monday."

It'll be the last time I order something of this importance from them ahead of time, especially when there were a dozen options that were less problematic and also provided quicker (or early) shipment. Amazon didn't completely fail me, but they have disappointed me and it annoys me to see other people waiting till Monday or Tuesday when Amazon had these consoles for weeks beforehand and sat there on them until it's too late.
Lol I ordered a day one edition yesterday morning and its going to be here tomorrow. I even had my shipping waived. Dont be nasty about it. Explain the situation and they will help you out.

Lol I ordered a day one edition yesterday morning and its going to be here tomorrow. I even had my shipping waived. Dont be nasty about it. Explain the situation and they will help you out.
It won't be nasty in an immature way, but the facts are on my (our) side and I'm going to let them have it in a matter-of-fact way.

My PS4 was shipped last Thursday Night at 6:30 Est UPS ground, got to my house at 4:30 P.M. Mt. Completely fine no damage to the box, full of air bags.... I also did Amazon Prime 2 day shipping and it got here release day.

I'm also having problems signing into XBL. Tried to d'load the Forza 5 updates and the car packs, Killer Instinct and it keeps saying there's an error.

bread's done
Back