Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

My GS had over 200+ people in line by 11pm. I'm getting mine from Amazon but my friend just got back from getting his over there. It really depends where you are, what the people demand, etc. Too many factors to make a bold statement from one location.
I said "if my stores are any indication." They may not be, but I'm in pretty deep green territory. My GS had over 1000 Ghosts 360 preorders, 1/3 as many for PS3. It'll be interesting to see what others report. At least one other user reported their BBY didn't sell through.

In his defense they did the same thing when the failures started.

They were posting any and everything they could negative about the PS4 which had zero to do with the X1.

This thread has been off track, and off topic from the jump.
I meant I didn't see xbox fans shitting in the playstation thread. It's one thing to post that stuff in your own thread, but no need to ruin it for the other side in theirs.

Rippin...you're making us look bad. I'm a playstation guy too. Why are you in this thread ripping the xbox fans? Like I said, I'm a playstation guy also. But guess what? I have a day one edition xbox one arriving tomorrow from amazon. Just because playstation is my favorite console brand, doesn't mean I don't also want to play Ryse and Halo, or even Mario and Smash Bros for that matter. There is nothing wrong with having a favorite console or brand. Stop pissing on the xbox launch. I would have been annoyed if somebody did to us last Friday what you're doing to them now.
In his defense they did the same thing when the failures started.

They were posting any and everything they could negative about the PS4 which had zero to do with the X1.

This thread has been off track, and off topic from the jump.
Thanks Mako1215, yeah he is exactly right, everything I'm posting is reactionary, not just me being a random troll. I also have a bone sitting at Best Buy that I can go get at midnight, though the weather is real bad here in Phoenix so I'm prob going to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, mine is, too. I'm starting to get a bit concerned, but I'm in Seattle where same-day shipping is available for some items, so they may be shipping it same-day.
Yeah, I'm in Richmond and we have an Amazon warehouse here, but my husband's order got a tracking number 3 hours ago. :whistle2:(

It should be interesting to see how well the Xbox One sold.  I'm pretty sure a lot of people that don't follow developments as closely as forum goers do, still think that the X1 has all the DRM in place.  So next year, a $400 SKU without Kinect?

Just got home from Best Buy, went pretty smooth other then a few people in the preorder line who had issues with their credit cards. They said there were twice as many preorders for X1 then PS4 and they were done by 12:45. There were still 15 in the preorder line when I left and 25 in the walk-in line. I was at the Southfield, MI store so I guess each area has it's own story to tale and it will be interesting to hear the Microsoft numbers on Monday. 

The only game that was completely sold out was Deadrising. They still had 4 Ryse day ones and 2 Forza day one editions but more then I was expecting to see at all.

Neo what thread is next for you? Might have to go blog route to get your fans their Neo updates ;)
I don't know, but thanks to your post I updated parts of my old Wordpress blog and plan to start using that for stuff once again.

From 2005 to 2007 I had a ton of traffic every day and would blog and report Xbox news every day. I was on the top of Digg.com three times and even uncovered and broke the news of Halo 3 having 4-player co-op and forced Bungie to reveal it. I did that through reading into an interview a high-up Microsoft executive had with Major Nelson on his show and connecting the dots and writing it out for people. I'm proud of that. :) A lot of those news posts were lost years ago when transferring to new Wordpress or something (I don't remember the details) but I got a good archive of stuff still there and have already updated the About page and am working on getting a better Gamercard graphic on there. I'll add a link to my signature but here it is:

So with everyone saying that their (insert store here) had TWICE as many preorders for XB1 as PS4 I'm guessing we'll see Xbox break the 2 million mark by the end of tomorrow  :roll:

Damn. I placed an order back in June and chose FSSS. Checked my order status and my console shipped and will be here tomorrow. And to think I almost paid $18 yesterday for one day shipping so I would get it tomorrow.

East Coast people reporting from Best Buy, were there any leftover Day One Edition consoles for walk ins? I know people have reported to having plenty of the Day One games

Have a safe and fun launch, I will have to wait for my Day One edition to arrive tomorrow from UPS but I will definitely enjoy playing it.

East Coast people reporting from Best Buy, were there any leftover Day One Edition consoles for walk ins? I know people have reported to having plenty of the Day One games
Day One's were for preorders only at my store. They closed without selling through the regular (green box) consoles. They did have extra Day One games.

It should be interesting to see how well the Xbox One sold. I'm pretty sure a lot of people that don't follow developments as closely as forum goers do, still think that the X1 has all the DRM in place. So next year, a $400 SKU without Kinect?
It will still sell out. They have less Xbones than PS4 at launch though so it'll be easier to sell out.

Heads up for other idiots like me, there are two hdmi slots. Make sure you plug into the right one before getting scared.

EDIT: Update took less than two minutes. About 1% per second.

Ok, just took it out of the box. It's setup, and now having both systems on hand. I have to give the nod to the Xbox, the system oozes quality. The material to the os everything feels more next gen than my PS4.

At best buy to pick up my day one pre order. Had DR3 day one pre ordered but not Ryse but they had some extra day one editions of Ryse so I picked that up and also Mario 3d land. Pre order line was rather small less than 30 but walk in line super long over 100. Midnight needs to come quicker!

Haha hope all cags who braved the elements waiting in the cold tonight end up with a system!

Just got home with mine. I'm opening it when I get home from work tomorrow. Just going to watch the launch event that was on spike before I go to bed. Now I will have my ps4 and Xboxone sitting there side by side. :)

And he plays them all himself? How can it be proven?
Apparently he's reported multiple times himself that he does. But I seriously doubt it. I mean I play a fuckload and he is way higher than me. Granted I understand he solely focuses on xbox and gamerscore and never plays online much on one game. Regardless Ive concluded in my own opinion as many of my GS friends that he has a group of friends who play nonstop getting gamerscore because it is just not humanly possible to be online 24/7 forever getting gamerscore. He isn't very nice either. I don't hate him but he acts like he's the best and he doesn't complete any "hard" games he just plays everyone in existence. I enjoy getting gamerscore but damn that is just hardcore…my highest friend has 700,000 gamerscore and doesn't come that close to stallion.

My Best Buy ran through all of their Day One Editions. I'm bummed as that was the only reason I went to their midnight launch. Whatever though. With reward zone, Best Buy gift cards left over from 360 trades this week, and Gamers Club Unlocked, I walked out with Forza and Dead Rising 3 for $52. Not shabby.

If crowd at my Best Buy and Gamestop are any indication, XBox One is in some major trouble.

GameStop: PS4 launch was over 100 units and a huge crowd by 11PM. I didn't stay through the launch for XBone since I didn't have a console, but there was no crowd. Just five dudes in camper chairs and one guy in the store. I flipped some Slim AC Adapters and left. It was a sad sight.

Best Buy: Swung by on the way home to see if the crowd was any better. Small pre-order line (~20 people) and a second line for folks getting tickets to buy systems. They were still handing out tickets so I got in line. By 11:45 they were STILL giving out tickets. Sounds awesome, right? Lots of stock! But no. They only had 44 units to sell though. Don't think they even managed to move them all tonight. I'll probably return mine since I was mostly hoping to flip. At least the guys in line were cool.
I didn't go to any PS4 launches so I have no idea how it compares, but the MSFT store near me was CRAZY. I've been to a few game launches (BLOP2, Halo4, etc) there and was expecting the similar lackluster crowds and really high chance of winning decent swag via their raffles. I preordered from Amazon so I only went by to see if I can win something.

I got there at 10:30pm (10pm start time) and there was a massive line that went around the building and there were several police officers doing crowd control and only letting people in as others left. I chatted up one of the guys in line and he said it's move about 5-10ft in the 20min he had been in line so I left. At that pace, there's no way even 1/3 of those people in line are going to set foot in that store before midnight.

Picked mine up from the OP, KS Best Buy. 29 degrees and drizzly. The first people in line got Day One editions, then regular ones after the Day One tickets ran out. Picked up my pre-order, dropped it off at home, and now I'm at work...yay.

Apparently he's reported multiple times himself that he does. But I seriously doubt it. I mean I play a fuckload and he is way higher than me. Granted I understand he solely focuses on xbox and gamerscore and never plays online much on one game. Regardless Ive concluded in my own opinion as many of my GS friends that he has a group of friends who play nonstop getting gamerscore because it is just not humanly possible to be online 24/7 forever getting gamerscore. He isn't very nice either. I don't hate him but he acts like he's the best and he doesn't complete any "hard" games he just plays everyone in existence. I enjoy getting gamerscore but damn that is just hardcore…my highest friend has 700,000 gamerscore and doesn't come that close to stallion.
Yeah...that's not even impressive to me. Just weird and lame.

Guys please report on how the console is. I know this is an xbox thread but I still want non biased opinions to read up on. I hate fanboys with a passion and want the truth as I plan to own both regardless of how it turns out. Hope you guys enjoy the X1! I will be looking forward to getting one eventually but for now I will stick to my 360.

Update took about 6 minutes for me.  Based on your guys speedy times only an hour earlier, I expect it to get much slower tomorrow

I didn't go to any PS4 launches so I have no idea how it compares, but the MSFT store near me was CRAZY. I've been to a few game launches (BLOP2, Halo4, etc) there and was expecting the similar lackluster crowds and really high chance of winning decent swag via their raffles. I preordered from Amazon so I only went by to see if I can win something.

I got there at 10:30pm (10pm start time) and there was a massive line that went around the building and there were several police officers doing crowd control and only letting people in as others left. I chatted up one of the guys in line and he said it's move about 5-10ft in the 20min he had been in line so I left. At that pace, there's no way even 1/3 of those people in line are going to set foot in that store before midnight.

Just about every AAA game launch I've been to at has had more people in line then tonight.

Guys please report on how the console is. I know this is an xbox thread but I still want non biased opinions to read up on. I hate fanboys with a passion and want the truth as I plan to own both regardless of how it turns out. Hope you guys enjoy the X1! I will be looking forward to getting one eventually but for now I will stick to my 360.
Im going to mess with it tomorrow. Transferring my 3ds to my new zelda 3ds and I got work in the morning.

bread's done
Back