Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Yeah...that's not even impressive to me. Just weird and lame.
No offense but you are more fanboy than he is and at least his loyalty gets him plenty of benefits. I don't understand your loyalty to MS. You amaze me how extreme fanboyism can get and you get nothing from MS. Please don't take that as an insult but more of a observation. :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
My console is still just sitting at "Origin Scan" since like noon, so it's been over 12 hours and it's the 22nd now and the system still isn't on the way to the state I'm in :/

Guys please report on how the console is. I know this is an xbox thread but I still want non biased opinions to read up on. I hate fanboys with a passion and want the truth as I plan to own both regardless of how it turns out. Hope you guys enjoy the X1! I will be looking forward to getting one eventually but for now I will stick to my 360.
You will get my very detailed impression of it this weekend. Maybe I'll just do a video even. I'm ripe for being disappointed and have been bitching to Microsoft for exactly eight years now about adding more notification checkboxes, so small things are noticed by me and I am adamant about them. When I played the beta for Halo: Reach, even though I am the biggest Halo fan I know, I bitched non-stop about it and the problems I talked about still existed in the final game until 343 Industries fixed it up in a big way.

The always-negative people are the last source for unbiased information, although critical/negative people seem to somehow have this aura of "unbiased and trustworthy" when in reality it's just sickening whining they get off on day in and day out. I might be a huge Xbox guy, but that also means I'm going to be the most focused and into it and any issues will be a way bigger deal to people like me than someone who is nonchalant or isn't that well informed on what's going on.

My console is still just sitting at "Origin Scan" since like noon, so it's been over 12 hours and it's the 22nd now and the system still isn't on the way to the state I'm in :/
I don't want to get your hopes up, but I've had overnight packages sit at origin scan and actually be pretty much to myself before they update.

no xbone non-preorders for late arrivers like me. was going to try gamestop but I didn't accumulate $600 in trade at bestbuy to pay at gamestop.  hope to pick one up before holidays

@Neo: I loved Halo reach. I expect it to be my last Halo I enjoyed. 343 imo screwed up everything and completely changed the game. Almost felt like…gasp….call of duty. regardless I will continue to play the series and maybe my X1 will end up being a Halo X1 console.

No offense but you are more fanboy than he is and at least his loyalty gets him plenty of benefits. I don't understand your loyalty to MS. You amaze me how extreme fanboyism can get and you get nothing from MS. Please don't take that as an insult but more of a observation. :booty:
I don't need to be paid off to realize the benefits Microsoft has brought to the gaming industry and I've loved the community they've built from scratch and how they always have been forward thinking since the very first Xbox, even when people complain they're excluding large amounts of people (broadband-only port in 2001, for example).

I shudder to think what would have happened to my hobby with just Sony and Nintendo going at it. It would be a sad, sad situation IMO.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I've had overnight packages sit at origin scan and actually be pretty much to myself before they update.
Better to hear then nothing, what is weird is my game that shipped separate got to the same warehouse AFTER my console and they've already shipped that away

Well I just picked my console St GS. I was able to snag the t-shirt and dead rising lanyard, but not the key chain. Anyways, I'm installing the update as I type this. Just by unbox in the console I'm very impressed. I have short thumbs so the controller feels perfect for me. The way everything is packaged is top notch and I love the feel of the actual hardware. I'll post more when iI play around with it more.

Hey man, just being honest. But seriously I was expecting a 15 -20 minute wait so I would expect that to be the norm tomorrow.

I just used Kinect to search and install Killer Instinct. Worked great. loving this so far but I need to get ready for work in the am.

Rot row...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DXGGLllHX4s[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dIzTX_NjVj8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6hePpGBcPak[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lOPcMT5DHWY[/youtube]

Hope mine doesn't have an issue.

Guys please report on how the console is. I know this is an xbox thread but I still want non biased opinions to read up on. I hate fanboys with a passion and want the truth as I plan to own both regardless of how it turns out. Hope you guys enjoy the X1! I will be looking forward to getting one eventually but for now I will stick to my 360.
definitely the wrong thread to get an unbiased opinion. Too many fanboys on here, whether it be bashing the xbox one or worshipping it.

I don't need to be paid off to realize the benefits Microsoft has brought to the gaming industry and I've loved the community they've built from scratch and how they always have been forward thinking since the very first Xbox, even when people complain they're excluding large amounts of people (broadband-only port in 2001, for example).

I shudder to think what would have happened to my hobby with just Sony and Nintendo going at it. It would be a sad, sad situation IMO.
lol I hope you realize that there would have never been an Xbox without Nintendo saving gaming in the 80s.

So far, still setting it up and tweaking it.

Update is the first thing you'll see. It was something like 508 MB on mine, (as opposed to the 1.2 GB offline on that was going on Xbox's support site), and it downloaded surprisingly quick, (less than 3 minutes). It actually took longer to install, (5 minutes), than it did to download.

The first time you run an app, you have to install it. It automatically logged me in to Netflix, (must've had my Netflix log on stored from the 360 version). Haven't done any other apps yet.

The QR code reader is definitely a nice feature. You just say "Xbox, use a code", and then hold up your card, (subscriptions, DLC, etc). It does the rest. Not going to miss entering those 25 character codes.

Right now, just taking a break while it installs my COD: Ghosts game. That's going a bit slow, (I think the install is like 38 GB, if I remember the article I read that had install sizes on it. It's been 5 minutes, and it's at 4%. But, once it's done, it's not needed again).

I also set up my profile and new gamer pic. It brought over my avatar from the 360, but I've not edited him yet. I also chose my color scheme, and edited some of my pins.

The Kinect has been really good at voice commands so far, much better than the IGN guy who did a demo was experiencing. I've not put it to the test with noise, (like a game), in the background yet.

One minor irritation I found so far is that if you hit the B button on the dashboard, it'll dump you into whatever you were doing in the main window. Gonna have to get used to that.

I like it so far, but pretty barebones for now. I'm sure I'll get it where I want it in the coming few days.

This crap is slow as hell to install stuff (25 min for KI so far and only about 70% done)  However, the voice command stuff is awesome - I am in the future.  I think the kinect may actually sell people on the xbox one if it works like it has been for me the last 40 minutes.  They just need to speed that crap up and quick.  

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We are writing to inform you that, due to a surge in demand that exceeded limited supply on Wednesday, November 20, we have had to replace your order of the "Xbox One: Day One Edition" with the similar "Xbox One: Standard Edition". We recognize that the standard edition doesn't include the commemorative controller or Xbox Live achievement, and exterior packaging will be different. You may experience a 1-3 day shipping delay. To compensate you for this change, we have taken $50 off your existing order which will be refunded to your payment method within 2-3 business days.
To track your order, or if you would like to cancel or return your order based on this change, please visit the Contact Us page here: https://www.amazon.com/contactus
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

I hadn't planned on eating pizza again since Monday night until I have the celebratory Domino's Pizza and Bread Bites that I've been planning for months (actually for many years) for the Xbox One, but I have literally barely eaten anything since that pizza Monday night.  I've lost at least four pounds between that and all the running.(20 or so miles just this week) and I'm shaking and feel very, very tired right now.  My adrenaline is going like crazy and I have a movie to watch before I crash here tonight.  All I have energy for is to make another delicious frozen pizza.  It's a really good kind that's actually not that unhealthy and is filling.  About to put this thing in the oven...  It'll be the last thing I eat in a world where I don't have the Xbox One.

Go to the pin and push the menu button and select it from there.  This is to edit pins, didn't quote the guy.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We are writing to inform you that, due to a surge in demand that exceeded limited supply on Wednesday, November 20, we have had to replace your order of the "Xbox One: Day One Edition" with the similar "Xbox One: Standard Edition". We recognize that the standard edition doesn't include the commemorative controller or Xbox Live achievement, and exterior packaging will be different. You may experience a 1-3 day shipping delay. To compensate you for this change, we have taken $50 off your existing order which will be refunded to your payment method within 2-3 business days.
To track your order, or if you would like to cancel or return your order based on this change, please visit the Contact Us page here: https://www.amazon.com/contactus
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.
Sucks since the content may be worth more than $50 on ebay for a while.

Better to hear then nothing, what is weird is my game that shipped separate got to the same warehouse AFTER my console and they've already shipped that away
And you're sure the game's shipment doesn't have the system with it now or anything when you look under order contents? My two games still showed as "Pre-ordered" only even when they had shipped many hours before that with the Xbox One. Different situation, but who knows with Amazon or whoever right now.

Won't even need the mic that comes with the Xbox. Kinect 2.0 mic is very nice. Just finished a Skype call. No background noise. Only problem now is figuring out how to turn off Skype notifications

And you're sure the game's shipment doesn't have the system with it now or anything when you look under order contents? My two games still showed as "Pre-ordered" only even when they had shipped many hours before that with the Xbox One. Different situation, but who knows with Amazon or whoever right now.
Yep, 2 different tracking numbers. The one that is .2 pounds is on the way, the one that is 15.8 pounds is still sitting at that origin scan message and is not in my state, it's like 1:30 am now and they usually start the delivery's around 7 am so that's kind of cutting close so I don't know what to think/expect right now/

I am literally wearing this in celebration right now:

3oux.jpg

I'll change into my unofficial Xbox One shirt tomorrow before UPS gets here.  That's Halo 3 boxers and a UNSC shirt by the way.

Yep, 2 different tracking numbers. The one that is .2 pounds is on the way, the one that is 15.8 pounds is still sitting at that origin scan message and is not in my state, it's like 1:30 am now and they usually start the delivery's around 7 am so that's kind of cutting close so I don't know what to think/expect right now/
My first post to you might still hold true though. I am hoping that's the case and will look out for your future posts.

My first post to you might still hold true though. I am hoping that's the case and will look out for your future posts.
Yeah man, I hope so as well! I got nothing to do this weekend and my buddies is already at the right shipment center so I'm really looking forward to a weekend of gaming!

So all my games that I bought require a installation ghost is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrr... What if you trade that game and never play it how do you take it off the hard drive?!? I thought I read IGN saying you can't view or manage the drive?

Anyone's Xbox One Day One Edition got canceled by Amazon?! :'(
I was the first to report this happening I think, but yeah, it happened to me. They didn't really cancel it, they just sold more than they had so they had to give some people standard editions and a slight discount. I'm still mad though, I would prefer the Day One over a 50 dollar discount any day.

The not being able to manage your hard drive still irks me. I hope they fix that later down the road. My BF update is still going. 10 percent in like 10 mins. It seems to be picking up. Decided to skip hooking up my kinect since I just wanted to play as fast as possible

hey guys just got back from best Buy

I just picked up some games in anticipation for tomorrow.

I bought Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse. 

Crazy thing is, all of the prices of them dropped down to 48 dollars as some promotional bundle??

So I got 36 dollars off and i will be getting the 25 dollar certificate from buyign them.

Maybe this is some sort of unadvertised deal, but you guys should look into it. 

To anyone getting your Xbox One from Amazon tomorrow. When you go to UPS's site, does it say you're getting it tomorrow? Amazon switched my Tuesday delivery estimate to tomorrow, but UPS says Monday. Who do I believe on this?

bread's done
Back