Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

What pisses me off most about my Launch Edition changing to a Standard Edition is that, to be frank, I planned to flip this on eBay. Now, when I go to eBay and look up Xbox One to see what the market is like, all I freaking see is listings for Launch Editions. Not only does that make my own listing less valuable to prospective buyers, but also less attractive to anyone scouring the page.

In the end, as long as I get enough to cover the tax I paid and the shipping, I guess it's okay. But it sure changes my planned financial prospects in this whole endeavor.

The Kinect is still not where it needs to be. It's not user friendly at this point in time. The voice commands are iffy at best. You have to speak VERY clearly and time it just right. I guess I expected it to be on par with Siri (or Android's voice recognition) - this is NOT the case.
What I'd rather see from MS and Sony is voice recognition, on par with Siri/Google Now, via our mics instead of some $50-$100 peripheral. The technology exists (Siri/Google Now). They just need to make it work with the consoles. I can't tell you how many times the Kinect thinks me or my friends are saying "Xbox" when we're saying an entirely different word.... What a wasted opportunity, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up for people who bought day one edition on wednesday from amazon

a friend of mine got his when that went live, amazon just emailed him saying they were out of stock, and took 50$ off his order and sent him the standard edition instead.

Also told him theyd delay the shipping of his order by 1-3 days.

Id say thats not a terrible deal though, 50$ off 

Picked up my games from Target. They had one Day One (reserved) that hadn't been picked up and 3 standard editions left. No Day One's available for walk-ins. 

I had preorder cards for DR3 and Forza and got Day One copies of those. The only had standard editions of Ryse for non-preorders so I skipped it.

Waiting for UPS, which will likely take all day, sucks :D

For those whose order has been sitting in "shipping now" status from Amazon (like mine) for the past 24+ hours, I got this response from Amazon:
Hello,

Thanks for writing to us about the shipping status of the order.

I've checked the tracking details of the order and see that due to a shipping delay, we're unable to deliver the order on release date, Nov 22, 2013. We're sorry about this situation.

To correct this, I have forwarded this issue to the appropriate department in our company, I know they'll want to hear about your experience and rest assured this will be taken care of. As per experience, issues like this are fixed shortly after they've been reported.

I've now contact our shipping team about the delay and we'll try to ship the order to you at the earliest. I'll send you an update about the shipping status within 24 hours.
I have not received the email about switching the edition but I have a feeling I am on the delay by 1-3 day list and will probably get the regular edition shipped...not telling me about it in advance.

oHvCcz6.png
So that's what was in the breif case in Pulp Fiction!

Preordered a day one edition from Amazon. My order still has not shipped, shows shipping soon on website and it still shows delivery today. When I called Amazon, their answer was to sit around all day and see if it delivers. They have no way to track it. "Sir, I don't work in the warehouse, i take calls. There is nothing I can do to help you. Just sit around all day and hope it shows up."

I'm pissed. I took off work for this?  fuck  :wall:

I'm waiting for those Xbox One fleece blankets to pop up on Ebay, would probably buy one if the price is right. Got the t-shirt and snow cap last night at BB, but its gonna be hard to match that green shirt with any kind of pants..doubt I'll even open it.

Preordered a day one edition from Amazon. My order still has not shipped, shows shipping soon on website and it still shows delivery today. When I called Amazon, their answer was to sit around all day and see if it delivers. They have no way to track it. "Sir, I don't work in the warehouse, i take calls. There is nothing I can do to help you. Just sit around all day and hope it shows up."

I'm pissed. I took off work for this? fuck :wall:
Same boat, see my post above on the response I got from Amazon.

I'm pissed. I took off work for this? fuck :wall:
I just called and got the exact same response!! Really, Amazon?!?! So not happy!

Waiting for UPS, which will likely take all day, sucks :D
At least you have UPS delivering it...Mine says the Carrier is Lasership, has a Tracking number that doesnt work, estimated for delivery tomorrow by 8:00 PM and, if the stories I am reading on Amazon about Lasership are to be beleived, it will be 'Delivered' three weeks from now, in a ditch 3 miles from my house, no signature required, opened package and backed over by a guy in a Pizza delivery truck that smashed into a school bus full of 6 week old puppies and whose gut is hanging down to his knees.

I just called and got the exact same response!! Really, Amazon?!?! So not happy!
If you paid attention to the PS4 launch, even if they had of shipped it or it is in transit, it had till 8 pm to get to your house. I think it is extremely dumb when someone takes off work and they didn't get the console at midnight and it is being shipped! People who got it shipped should have taken off the following Monday for a three day weekend, or Saturday if you work weekends. Friday is lost when you are having the console shipped

At least you have UPS delivering it...Mine says the Carrier is Lasership, has a Tracking number that doesnt work, estimated for delivery tomorrow by 8:00 PM and, if the stories I am reading on Amazon about Lasership are to be beleived, it will be 'Delivered' three weeks from now, in a ditch 3 miles from my house, no signature required, opened package and backed over by a guy in a Pizza delivery truck that smashed into a school bus full of 6 week old puppies and whose gut is hanging down to his knees.
Probably not far from the truth, I have had maybe a 15% success rate with them.

If you paid attention to the PS4 launch, even if they had of shipped it or it is in transit, it had till 8 pm to get to your house. I think it is extremely dumb when someone takes off work and they didn't get the console at midnight and it is being shipped! People who got it shipped should have taken off the following Monday for a three day weekend, or Saturday if you work weekends. Friday is lost when you are having the console shipped

My PS4 had guaranteed Saturday delivery that I paid $14 for and it wasn't delivered until Tuesday. Amazon gave me a $5 credit...

My PS4 had guaranteed Saturday delivery that I paid $14 for and it wasn't delivered until Tuesday. Amazon gave me a $5 credit...
That's odd, they should have refunded the Saturday delivery charge in full. I would email them back requesting it because if they didn't pay for Saturday delivery they should not keep that money.

In the same boat.  Preordered a Day One Edition on June 18th with Amazon Prime.  Still stuck on shipping now.  I really don't remember any issues I've had with Amazon in the past, but this isn't looking good.

This is going to sound like a fanboy comment... but please don't think that.  This is more for Neo who said that the Xbox one wouldn't have any problems earlier in this thread... my point to posting it is to simply show that any piece of technology is going to have some sort of fail rate at launch... we are afterall the first true test for the console before patches and such.  So both consoles have issues and that's fine, that is the price we make as early adopters!

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-complaints-start-flooding-buggy-disc-drives-144233405.html

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/22/xbox-one-microsoft-websites-problems-launch

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20877/20131122/xbox-one-launch-issues-disc-drive-failure.htm

There is alot of comedic gold when you google lasership.

Lasership lost my entire Christmas shipment to my family. According to the amazon.com tracking e-mail, Lasership said they delivered it to the front door 2 days ahead of schedule, but the package was never delivered. (Whether they delivered it to another house or one of their delivery people is stealing packages I don't know, but from all of these megative posts, Lasership is clearly telling amazon they're delivering when they're not.)
Lasership's online tracking says they delivered my book to my front door yesterday at 8:10 a.m. I was home then eating breakfast. Still no package in sight.
finally our Lasership package had arrived! Well, I watched out the window with curiosity to see what this new delivery company was like. I was shocked to watch as a middle aged man in a beat-up late model sedan came screeching around the corner, hit the curb so hard that it made his car rock, and then get out to check his tire to see if he had damaged it. He had an older man in the passenger seat with him who seemed shaken up. This couldn't possibly be Lasership, could it? Yep!
Shocked to see package was delivered! To a completely different town ten miles away where there isn't even a street with the same name as mine. Called their local branch and explained the problem. The person on the phone responded by muttering, "Jesus christ" under her breath and giving me yet another number to call. They're "looking into" the problem.

I was the absolute last person to pick up my Day One system at Best Buy last night.  I took a nap that was supposed to be 90 minutes but ended up lasting 3 hours.  I was gonna wait until the morning since I woke up at about midnight, but I changed my mind and made it there by 12:40.  Not another car in the lot, other than employees and the store was locked.  I held up my preorder ticket and asked the security guy, "No?" assuming they were all tired and ready to go home since they were cleaning up.  They let me in, grab my system and games and go, all in about 10 minutes.  Nice folks.  I've worked in retail a long time and hate late-comers like that, but I told them I really appreciate it.  

I'm loving Battlefield's massive online play field and NBA 2k is what I expected--damn Hawks drafted me, even though the Pacers said they were going to take me if I fell to their draft spot.  I just can't believe there's no cheat sheet for commonly used commands for the damn voice-operated stuff in general.  A 4"x 6" card with some basics would've been a good way to get going.  The only way I knew of anything was watching the Xbox guys' Youtube preview where they were showing the snap features in Forza.  

What command makes a snap switch to full screen?

Has anyone gotten their Killer Instinct code from Microsoft yet? I got the email a week ago saying I would get it for free, but haven't gotten anything yet. Picking up my X1 in about 2 hours.

So for the Best Buy promo for the extra $25. If I bought AC4 on Tuesday and DR3 and Ryse today am I good?

Wanted to get Forza too but they only got one copy!!!!

Has anyone gotten their Killer Instinct code from Microsoft yet? I got the email a week ago saying I would get it for free, but haven't gotten anything yet. Picking up my X1 in about 2 hours.
Still no code yet for me either, probably some time this afternoon, hopefully.

This is going to sound like a fanboy comment... but please don't think that. This is more for Neo who said that the Xbox one wouldn't have any problems earlier in this thread... my point to posting it is to simply show that any piece of technology is going to have some sort of fail rate at launch... we are afterall the first true test for the console before patches and such. So both consoles have issues and that's fine, that is the price we make as early adopters!

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-complaints-start-flooding-buggy-disc-drives-144233405.html

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/22/xbox-one-microsoft-websites-problems-launch

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20877/20131122/xbox-one-launch-issues-disc-drive-failure.htm
Yeah, no one should really expect 100% success or even 95% success for any new technology. I definitely feel bad for folks that get bugged consoles, that really really sucks and I hope wherever you get them from or whoever you contact makes it right for you. But it's definitely the life of the early adopter for better or worse.

So, any thoughts on Forza 5?

I've seen some users on other sites say that its Forza 4, just really shiny with fewer cars, and there isnt really any other additions besides better graphics?

So for the Best Buy promo for the extra $25. If I bought AC4 on Tuesday and DR3 and Ryse today am I good?

Wanted to get Forza too but they only got one copy!!!!
Yeah, you should be good. I posted this last night, but here it is again:

I messaged a Best Buy rep on their forums about this a few days ago; they got back to me yesterday morning. Here's what he said:

"Thank you for sharing your questions with me. I am happy to report that any Xbox One game purchased within the promotional period will be eligible for the Buy 3 Get $25 in Certificates offer."

"As reported here, the games do not need to be on the same receipt. That's great news for our gamers, and I hope you are able to take advantage of the offer."

Yeah, you should be good. I posted this last night, but here it is again:

I messaged a Best Buy rep on their forums about this a few days ago; they got back to me yesterday morning. Here's what he said:

"Thank you for sharing your questions with me. I am happy to report that any Xbox One game purchased within the promotional period will be eligible for the Buy 3 Get $25 in Certificates offer."

"As reported here, the games do not need to be on the same receipt. That's great news for our gamers, and I hope you are able to take advantage of the offer."

Thanks man! Is the promo period this week?

So, any thoughts on Forza 5?

I've seen some users on other sites say that its Forza 4, just really shiny with fewer cars, and there isnt really any other additions besides better graphics?

Everything I have seen is about how much better the driving is.

Amazon packaging is utter garbage. The box barely fits the system and had a single strand of airpaks around 3/4 of the Xbox One box. Luckily Luckily, Microsoft packaged the system well and appears to be working (updating now).

I hope it's just poor tracking updates like Ashram mentioned, but who knows, UPS usually has pretty spot on tracking.

So apparently my copy of Ryse which I pre-ordered from Best Buy and has been sitting at UPS since this Wednesday isn't scheduled to be delivered until next Wednesday. What's the point of getting it to the carrier early if it's still going to get delivered on release day. Oh well....

This is going to sound like a fanboy comment... but please don't think that. This is more for Neo who said that the Xbox one wouldn't have any problems earlier in this thread... my point to posting it is to simply show that any piece of technology is going to have some sort of fail rate at launch... we are afterall the first true test for the console before patches and such. So both consoles have issues and that's fine, that is the price we make as early adopters!

I like that last links solutions. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amazon isn't quite what it used to be in my eyes. They upped the free shipping minimum, can use very unreliable shippers even if you use prime and begun charging sales tax in my state.

There's hardly much left to make shopping there worthwhile in my case.

Went to Target to trade my 3 B2G1F placeholder PS4 games for XBone ones. They did it no problem plus I got 3 $5 gift cards for the preorders. They had a few regular XBones available but sold them all in about 10min after opening. Still waiting on UPS to deliver my Amazon D1 XBone...ugh.

Everything is hooked up. I didn't get a chance to play any games, I just set up the menu and my account. The console is massive. It reminds me of the first XBOX. 

Question, I turned my console off, but the power supply still looks like it's on (based off the light emulating from it). It's also making a light humming noise, further convincing me that it's still powering. Is this normal? I know the console is apparently suppose to be 'always on' but I am not sure they meant it so literally. 

Everything is hooked up. I didn't get a chance to play any games, I just set up the menu and my account. The console is massive. It reminds me of the first XBOX.

Question, I turned my console off, but the power supply still looks like it's on (based off the light emulating from it). It's also making a light humming noise, further convincing me that it's still powering. Is this normal? I know the console is apparently suppose to be 'always on' but I am not sure they meant it so literally.
That's perfectly normal. Mine does the same thing.

bread's done
Back