Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

How large is the system update and can it be downloaded on a PC? How large is the Killer Instinct download? I have a minuscule 17 GB rolling data cap and have to be very careful.

I just looked on Amazon and they've dropped the prices of the Day One editions of Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse to $49.99. If you've bought from Amazon, message them about getting a refund for the difference.

If they won't give it, re-order and return the previous order.
Thanks man, just did a live chat with an Amazon rep and got the $10 back!

They exist but they aren't slipcovers. They're just the piece of paper that has the code for the Day one Edition DLC.
Oh, interesting. I hadn't seen any pictures of them today, so I figured it was abandoned.

They should hopefully give you the difference, since it's release day. You should especially qualify if the pre-order still hasn't shipped yet.

Ok, is anyone else having an issue with watching TV through the Xbox?  Every minute or so, the screen goes blank and the audio stops for a few seconds.  I really would like it to be an issue with my cable box, but it's never done this before today.  Ugh...

I had to go to Target and Walmart today. My Target was out of Xbox One's. My Walmart was also out but I saw some dude doing in store pickup.

Ok, is anyone else having an issue with watching TV through the Xbox? Every minute or so, the screen goes blank and the audio stops for a few seconds. I really would like it to be an issue with my cable box, but it's never done this before today. Ugh...
Maybe the sound is related to the X1's inability to decode Dolby Digital? Also, what you describe could be an HDMI cable issue because it sure sounds like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked on Amazon and they've dropped the prices of the Day One editions of Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse to $49.99. If you've bought from Amazon, message them about getting a refund for the difference.

If they won't give it, re-order and return the previous order.
Chatting with them now. It's actually $49.00. Hopefully about to save some money thanks to you. Thank you.

How large is the system update and can it be downloaded on a PC? How large is the Killer Instinct download? I have a minuscule 17 GB rolling data cap and have to be very careful.
The application in the marketplace says 3 gb and change, but whether theres a crap ton of patches/maps along with it, I couldnt tell ya

The download rates/speeds are absurdly slow on here though.

I have the COD upgrade so im downloading that on my xbox one, and its probably going to take 2-3 hours to download/install the whole thing.

And I have optimum online ultra (basically T1) which is faster than 99% of peoples internet and its still crazy slow.

Comparatively when I downloaded Killzone on my ps4 I was able to run the game after about 20-~ minutes, although on ps4 you can play your game WHILE downloading.

I just know after this, I dont plan on buying many/any more xbox one games digitally. Not only do they only charge MSRP, but this is ridiculously slow.

So last night I was a bit concerned that my shipping status hadnt been updated. I decided to jump online and Live Chat with a customer rep. Here's the important part of the transcript.

02:26 AM(GMT) Jayanth Avinash(CSA): You've placed the order on November 20. Since you selected One-Day Shipping, it will deliver on release date. If you'd have selected different shipping method, you'd have received the product later.

02:27 AM(GMT) Kevlar281: Is that your guarantee?

02:28 AM(GMT) Jayanth Avinash(CSA): Yes, I can assure that.

02:28 AM(GMT) Kevlar281: Excellent.Thank You.
Of course I was right to be skeptical because around lunctime today I received an email from Amazon that informed me that:

We are sorry that we were unable to meet our guaranteed delivery date promise, so we are refunding the shipping charges for your entire order. This refund will be processed within the next few days, and we will send you an e-mail to let you know when the refund has been completed.

Well since I had selected my office as the delivery address I am pretty much in for a lot of inconvenience trying to change the delivery address and I'm not even sure if FedEx will let you come to their distribution center on a Saturday. Ugh.

Does anyone have any advice or tips?

Ok, is anyone else having an issue with watching TV through the Xbox? Every minute or so, the screen goes blank and the audio stops for a few seconds. I really would like it to be an issue with my cable box, but it's never done this before today. Ugh...
mine's working perfect with directv so far.

This is all I found, maybe it'll help:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/poor-audio-quality

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/poor-video-performance

I know for a fact that if I hadn't been a weirdo and picked one-day shipping way back on June 10th, my UPS Ground package wouldn't have come until Monday.  That's the only thing that saved me.

One of IGNs just lost its disc drive.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

On another note, I just was able to clear a spot in my entertainment center for the One in my trunk I'm.... planning.... on returning

Will power......will power....RYSE.....wait I mean Rise!

Judging my the fan in the teardown, I can see the nexbox having a disc drive with 24k gold connectors and diamond infused laser and titanium gears

Just got back from my sale to a guy on Craigslist. Said he was at his local WalMart last night and bought the six extras they had. Thought he was trying to flip them but he said he was giving them to family and friends. Was just happy he still bought mine.

Ugh the left stick on my day one controller is kind of messed up... I can hear a spring every time i rotate or move it. wtfffff

My friend's has a video issue. MS is sending him one in in about 5 days and he returns his in that box.

Edit: Also, his console is under warranty until Feb 12, 2015. So 15 month standard warranty.

Edit 2: Just got my free Killer Instinct code mailed from MS, so check your mail for it.

Look at the back of the games... i think you are out of luck, updates alone are between 7-10 GB's
If needed I can always take my console to my parents' house in another city. That's how I download large Steam games. It sucks not having quality broadband internet and no companies planning to make it available either.

Ugh the left stick on my day one controller is kind of messed up... I can hear a spring every time i rotate or move it. wtfffff
This is why I canceled my Day One order. I knew I wouldn't use the controller like an idiot, paying for something I wouldn't touch because of the rarity of it. And I'd be upset if I broke it or it had issues. I wanted it, but felt like I'd be better buying a standard in the future since I'd actually use what it came with, and be able to part with it if the system broke or I had to trade it in.

My forward thinking, like a weirdo...hoping for a future release of that white edition with that Oreo looking controller, someday.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon that my Day One console that I pre-ordered in June with guaranteed release day delivery shipped at 6:00 tonight and would arrive tomorrow.  So much for guarantees.

Did anyone have trouble walking into a BB and asking about the 25 Dollars back for purchase of 3 games? I went to purchase 3 games and they told me because i had GCU that i only could get the 20% off immediately but not the 25 dollars back. I don't think they knew what they were talking about. Also purchased Ryse Day one and Forza 5, but not the day one edition. I htink i may return it for a day one edition due to the extra cars. Oh and i pre- ordered destiny.

Did anyone have trouble walking into a BB and asking about the 25 Dollars back for purchase of 3 games? I went to purchase 3 games and they told me because i had GCU that i only could get the 20% off immediately but not the 25 dollars back. I don't think they knew what they were talking about. Also purchased Ryse Day one and Forza 5, but not the day one edition. I htink i may return it for a day one edition due to the extra cars. Oh and i pre- ordered destiny.
You should still get the $25 in bonus points in 30 days. If not, you'll have to contact customer service.

Anyone else having issues putting items into your amazon cart?

EDIT: all set.

After receiving mine on Wednesday, I've had a good 8-10 hours to play with it. These are my complaints with it. As I'm trying to keep this short and sweet, I'll avoid posting any positive experiences. Don't get me wrong, I've had an absolute blast playing the XB1, but there are a few minor inconveniences that need attention.

Picked up Ghosts, BF4, NBA 2K14 and Madden. Ghosts is basically the same game with a slight graphics boost, BF4 looks absolutely beautiful and Madden took a step back. It almost seems like the graphics are even worse than last gen's (Madden). NBA 2K14, however, is unbelievable. As someone who has played about every iteration of basketball game since the 90s, this game takes the cake. It's not only beautiful, but it plays just like a real NBA game. EcoMotion is legit. The faces could use some work, but that's just me nitpicking.

Every game would freeze for about 5-6 seconds every 30-40 minutes randomly. Every game was installed as required and was only played AFTER the installation finished. There were no games/apps downloading/installing in the background either. Also reinstalled every game to ensure there wasn't a corrupt install or something. Not sure if this is just linked to poor programming in the next-gen games or if it was the console itself.

As for the console, it's a bit buggy to say the least. Considering I had it pre-day one update, this was to be expected. Navigating the tiles (going between the different apps, game, TV, etc) was a bit wonky. It wasn't bad, it just didn't feel as intuitive or smooth as I imagined it would. I tried using the Xbox Fitness app and it ended up freezing my console after attempting to start it up. I couldn't just power down and power it back for it to work again. I had to physically pull the power plug from the back of the machine and plug it back in for it to properly reset itself. I'm assuming this will be fixed in the day one update (still need to update today!). Other than that, most other apps worked as intended.

The Kinect is still not where it needs to be. It's not user friendly at this point in time. The voice commands are iffy at best. You have to speak VERY clearly and time it just right. I guess I expected it to be on par with Siri (or Android's voice recognition) - this is NOT the case. I got better at it over time, but it's something that needs to be addressed in the near future. I'll likely just stick with the remote for now. Also, I know it's early, but it's not integrated into any of the four next-gen games I picked up aside from a few gimmicky features. For instance, make sure to turn voice recognition off in NBA. I yelled "SHIT!" when I gave up an open shot in the final minutes of a game and I received a technical foul. I'm not even joking. LOL

Aside from these minor complaints, the Xbox One is great. The potential within the machine has me rather excited. I hope you guys enjoy your new system! Looking forward to seeing some of you online! :)

GT: THE STREH CAT
You need to at least try Madden: the offensive & defensive line play is VASTLY improved over current gen & makes the game more fun to play. The graphics upgrade is limited to the stands & the players during replays though.

In terms of gameplay Madden has seen the biggest jump from current to next gen. But in looks definitely 2K14 is the biggest leap.

You should still get the $25 in bonus points in 30 days. If not, you'll have to contact customer service.
well then i will probably have to head back to BB and purchase a third game since they wouldnt let me purchase destiny with it.

Microsoft just sent the promised Killer Instinct code for the full game.  I was wondering when that would arrive.  I had just remembered about a half hour ago.

I keep thinking about how poor things would have gone with the Xbox One had they stuck to their original formula. Always online, no region free, need Kinect to function, DRM, etc.

Xbox One would have been massacred today in sales. Just massacred. They were so sure about their plan, too. It just goes to show you, just because you are a professional, doesn't mean your plan is always right. I mean, they did a complete 180 and they are incredibly fortunate they did.

Destiny wouldn't count because the game has to release on or before 11/23.
Yeah i figured that, I just didn't really have a third game to purchase and they basically told me that I got the 20% off but not the 25$ in reward certs so i said screw it and got a play and charge which i found out is only 20 dollars at Walmart and will have to show them that go get a price change.

bread's done
Back