Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

It's probably downloading the mandatory title update first - I think for dead rising it's around 600mb. I think you can play when it reaches 50%. Ryse took even longer with a 1GB update. I noticed the % stalls when it's on the update. At least you can use other apps while it's installing :)
yeah imdefinitely not looking forward to the 6GB forza update.........

Has anyone downloaded any full games? I'm wondering at what point we can play Dead Rising 3. Of course, part of the problem is that I am downloading on my account and my son will want to play it on his - so not sure if that is even possible before it is done downloading. We'll probably just wait till it is all done. It has been over an hour now.

Gotta laugh at the PS fanboys in here. How fast do the games uninstall cause thats all I would be worried about with Knack and Killzone

Guys, guys ... I don't know what to do, my disk drive seems to be jammed ... and it seems to be dripping this semi-clear substance from the edges of the disk tray. I knew I should have sent it back when it looked like the mailing label had been replaced and the box was tampered with. Oh, and there was this picture of a chick that looked a little like a suicide girl stuck to the bottom of the console, really took some effort to pry that off ... probably should have been the first indicator my x-one was used huh ...
Made me lol at plasma donation pretty good.

Talked to a girl here, the one who stuck me,and she said her husband had sold a Playstation for a Xbox and I said he's a smart man. I then raved about the One and she said she's going to buy one for her husband for Christmas now.

You're welcome MS. Not the first Xbox I've helped sell.

uninstallation of knack and killzone takes less than a minute. cant wait to wasted 45min staring at my tv while Ryse and Fighter Within installs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was playing Ryse at about 4% installed. I guess it all depends. Not too sure why everyone bashed on this game so hard. It isnt the best game ever but it is a fun game with great graphics and good use of the Kinect.. which I never expected to use.

Am I the only one who thinks that MS has something special in store for people who have the Day One Achievement? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
Technically to get the day one achievement it was possible since the day of the announcement. All you had to do was preorder from the microsoft store from your console and it would unlock. Then you could cancel your preorder for a free achievement in 5 minutes so I would say it isn't special unless your misinformed.

Made me lol at plasma donation pretty good.

Talked to a girl here, the one who stuck me,and she said her husband had sold a Playstation for a Xbox and I said he's a smart man. I then raved about the One and she said she's going to buy one for her husband for Christmas now.

You're welcome MS. Not the first Xbox I've helped sell.
Wait... I thought you couldn't post here any more? Are you not making good on your bet? Because that's not cool.

Your install times are likely slow because your internet is taking forever to download the title update that happens along with the install.  Makre sure all is good in network settings.

Your install times are likely slow because your internet is taking forever to download the title update that happens along with the install. Makre sure all is good in network settings.
are you sure. how come i never heard ms mention this before.

Gotta laugh at the PS fanboys in here. How fast do the games uninstall cause thats all I would be worried about with Knack and Killzone
Im (maybe was?) an xbox guy, but Killzone on ps4 is fucking amazing

Blows away the X1 games ive played so far, although I havent gotten Ryse yet which I am looking forward to the most of any next gen launch title (for both ps4/xbox one)

Might wanna be careful knocking ps fanbois though, because I think its going to be relatively unianmous that ps4 kicked xbox ones ass.

The kinect/media utilities definitely has more long term potential than the ps4, but so far I dont think ps4 vs xbox one comes close with the ps4 in a heavy lead.

And yes I own both.

So on trac dude didn't even knock. Left it right in Front of my door on its side...only knew it came because I got an email notification from them

Its bs

i have ultra fast internet, and an open NAT and my installs are slow as balls too.

I mean the network may be bogged down because it is launch day (psn was down/messed up WAY worse the entire day when ps4 launched).

I think theres just an issue with hard drives/install speed.

Although it could be microsofts network as well.

Eitherway I just know to make sure i have plenty of time to install games in the future

forza 5 had a 6 gb update when i first put game in today that took like 40 mins to install the game not sure if update is also downloading at same time

Looks like EA messed up bf4 for xbox one also the game has been crashing on me alot today when trying to play mp single player is fine.

So just spoke with a BB CS rep and they told me that you either get the 20% off for the Gamers Club Unlocked OR the $25 dollar cert. Personally the gamers club unlocked is the winner for me..12 dollars off each game...yes please, but definitely would have been nice to get the $25 cert aswell.

I still want to know why he even made a comment about Sony Fanboys when NO one was even talking about Sony or even putting down the Xbox lol.

Why are you always so angry?
Im not but he made a bet and lost and is not keeping his word which just makes him look bad.

So just spoke with a BB CS rep and they told me that you either get the 20% off for the Gamers Club Unlocked OR the $25 dollar cert. Personally the gamers club unlocked is the winner for me..12 dollars off each game...yes please, but definitely would have been nice to get the $25 cert aswell.
BBY rep doesn't know what he/she is talking about. you get the 20% for CGU and that is independent of the $25 for purchase of 3 games. the $25 promo is system automated and will trigger and give you the reward zone points which you can redeem for $25.

If you really want to know, KZ installs 38GB and it playable after about 5 min, maybe less. Surprised me.

forza 5 had a 6 gb update when i first put game in today that took like 40 mins to install the game not sure if update is also downloading at same time

Looks like EA messed up bf4 for xbox one also the game has been crashing on me alot today when trying to play mp single player is fine.
Wow 6 GB for an update? WTF some games last gen weren't even that big with update and DLC included. So much for being excited for a 500GB hard drive. They doubled the size of memory but increased game file sizes by six to ten times. I really hope they make external hard drives work badass because thats the only option if games continue to be this size.

Oh and BF4 is the same way on PS4. I think its BF4 servers to be honest not the consoles. It sucks.

I don't think there are many "fanboys" here.  We're all pretty much gamers across the board.  I celebrate a systems success and I weep for the failures.  I think many of us currently are torn because we had to choose.  Then we kinda hope we made the right decision all the while belittling ourselves with "what ifs".  

Turning new consoles into a "war" is silly.  Ultimately I want whatever platform I can to get the best game that I can.  For the same reason I don't shame the Wii U or 3DS or the Vita.  They are all great platforms, sometimes.  Othertimes they are money sinks that just sit there and absorb power.

Don't be one of those people.  Let people enjoy their systems.  They sank alot of their money into getting them.  They also preordered/stood in line in order to be one of the first.  That's always important.  Drives our egos and makes us happy.

At this point, I'm just seeing what people are liking and disliking about both (and both have some issues that need to be resolved).

Does anyone know how to mute chat so people who arent in your party cant hear you.Me and my friends are in skype and people can hear everything were saying...I hope there is a way to fix this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kyQWCF0LBI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7kyQWCF0LBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkBOkX0cfa4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUkBOkX0cfa4

The sound of death
Looks like its off to CL for my unopened day one Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kyQWCF0LBI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7kyQWCF0LBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkBOkX0cfa4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUkBOkX0cfa4

The sound of death
thankfully my system is not a lemon

Im (maybe was?) an xbox guy, but Killzone on ps4 is fucking amazing

Blows away the X1 games ive played so far, although I havent gotten Ryse yet which I am looking forward to the most of any next gen launch title (for both ps4/xbox one)

Might wanna be careful knocking ps fanbois though, because I think its going to be relatively unianmous that ps4 kicked xbox ones ass.

The kinect/media utilities definitely has more long term potential than the ps4, but so far I dont think ps4 vs xbox one comes close with the ps4 in a heavy lead.

And yes I own both.
Hey if u like Killzone good for you. Its probably the worst game I've ever played. I finished it last night and am amazed how poor of a game it is. Horrible story, generic shooter, missions without explanation of what u need to do, etc. Etc. Pure garbage

Hey if u like Killzone good for you. Its probably the worst game I've ever played. I finished it last night and am amazed how poor of a game it is. Horrible story, generic shooter, missions without explanation of what u need to do, etc. Etc. Pure garbage
Its completely clear you are an xbox fanboy though. You need to be non biased if you want your word to be taken seriously. Shooters aren't made to have amazing stories either. Very few do. COD is probably the worst shooter to play single player. And just to be clear I love both companies, Sony and Microsoft.

No problems so far. Kinect is way better. Got the direct tv plugged in and am loving the integration between live tv, apps, bluerays, and games. Very responsive and fast.

The sound of death
My disc drive barely even accepts the disc. There is a horrible machanical noise that occurs as the disc inches in. Once it is in it makkes the gringin noise. Then, when I press eject, it comes out halfway, stops, and then comes out extrememly slow.

the graphics were awesome, but I agre with some of this. IGN review pretty much hit the nail on the head for its faults. I do like the MP tho.

The sound of death
I feel SO bad for those gamers. They surprisingly took it in stride. This kinda reminds me of the PS2 Phats that developed a grinding noise when you either opened or closed the disc tray. Yeah I think i'll wait till this problem gets sorted out.

Anyone try to price match walmart's 49.99 price for xbox one games at BBY and try and get the 20% GCU discount?

Does anyone know how to mute chat so people who arent in your party cant hear you.Me and my friends are in skype and people can hear everything were saying...I hope there is a way to fix this

Settings - Kinect I think

I'm starting to get freaked out. When I first put in a game it made that exact noise that you hear in the video, but afterwords it worked perfectly fine. No more noises. Not sure what to do at this point.

Do you play video games?

9/10 games made for the last generation both xbox AND ps3 were horrible generic pure garbage shooters

Thats what gaming has become

I mean what are the "good" launch games for both consoles right now ? BF and COD, I can promise you they arent anything special either.

The "best" games right now are nba 2k14 and AC4 and both are multi platform

My disc drive barely even accepts the disc. There is a horrible machanical noise that occurs as the disc inches in. Once it is in it makkes the gringin noise. Then, when I press eject, it comes out halfway, stops, and then comes out extrememly slow.
I thought MS fixed this issue with the 360. try tapping right next to the disk tray like how it was done on the 360. good times.

I'm starting to get freaked out. When I first put in a game it made that exact noise that you hear in the video, but afterwords it worked perfectly fine. No more noises. Not sure what to do at this point.
Well the people saying the disk tray is broken werent able to play games at all.

It says "please insert a disk"

If it actually works, id say youre in decent shape.

Well the people saying the disk tray is broken werent able to play games at all.

It says "please insert a disk"

If it actually works, id say youre in decent shape.
Yeah that's what it said at first too. Please insert disc. But since then I've switched between two games back and forth and I haven't heard the noise since and everything works perfectly. If I were to try and get another would Amazon exchange it or would I have to contact Xbox and go through their Manufactures Warranty?

Anyone try to price match walmart's 49.99 price for xbox one games at BBY and try and get the 20% GCU discount?
i don't think that works. whenever a manual override occurs on POS, the auto discount don't kick in.

just so people know that have yet to try a blu ray movie in the system in order for the system to play blu ray movies you need to install the blu ray app. I almost freaked out just now that it was not playing blu ray movies then seen on app page it has a blu ray playback app.

My xbox doesn't listen to me! I can't get it to turn on by voice. Is there a setting that I can change? It's pretty responsive with everything else, just won't turn on when I tell it to.

My xbox doesn't listen to me! I can't get it to turn on by voice. Is there a setting that I can change? It's pretty responsive with everything else, just won't turn on when I tell it to.
is the light on your power brick white? if it's not white your system is not staying in stand by mode which is required to use that feature you might have by mistake turn that setting off.

I feel very fortunate. I entered the next generation 3/3 without an issue. Last year, I got my Wii U on launch day at GS. No hdmi problems. This year, I got my PS4 on launch day from Amazon. No hdmi or HDD issues. Today, I got my Xbox One from Amazon. No disc drive errors. Such a relief.

bread's done
Back