Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

If anyone is attempting to install a disc and it's sitting at 0%, don't freak out, just follow these steps:

-Remove disk
-Reset to factory defaults in the settings menu. The console will restart and will go through setup again. Stay connected to Internet. You will not need to re download the Day One update.
-When setup is finished, disconnect your Ethernet cable or get rid of your wireless network.
-Insert disk and after a minute or so, installation will begin.
-Once install is complete, reconnect to internet to download any necessary game updates. You should be all set!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using the command "Xbox, turn me on baby" ?  Because that is the problem I was having.  Try changing to "Xbox, show me the tits", this is what worked for me.

I haven't hooked mine up to my cable box yet. Here's my question...is it possible to have the cable box to use those features and still also be able to use the Wii U's Nintendo TVii features?

is the light on your power brick white? if it's not white your system is not staying in stand by mode which is required to use that feature you might have by mistake turn that setting off.
So I checked and it was white, but then it also worked. I didn't turn it off any differently than normal.

Don't forget to follow the XBL Deals thread; all official [US] XBL Marketplace sales for [background=#96ca3a]360[/background] & [background=#107c0f]XONE[/background] digital games/dlc/avatar items.

Yeah that's what it said at first too. Please insert disc. But since then I've switched between two games back and forth and I haven't heard the noise since and everything works perfectly. If I were to try and get another would Amazon exchange it or would I have to contact Xbox and go through their Manufactures Warranty?

It's amazon of course they'll replace it.

Especially if you say it was probably damaged during shipping, which is a fair guess

Wow 6 GB for an update? WTF some games last gen weren't even that big with update and DLC included. So much for being excited for a 500GB hard drive. They doubled the size of memory but increased game file sizes by six to ten times. I really hope they make external hard drives work badass because thats the only option if games continue to be this size.

Oh and BF4 is the same way on PS4. I think its BF4 servers to be honest not the consoles. It sucks.
Xbox 360 launched with a 20GB. Much less than 2x the 500GB in the Xbox One.

Xbox 360 launched with a 20GB. Much less than 2x the 500GB in the Xbox One.
I was referring to the 250GB that is pretty much the common system most people have. I know no one that still stuck to the 20GB after all these years. And it was actually 13GB of usable space lol.

If anyone is attempting to install a disc and it's sitting at 0%, don't freak out, just follow these steps:

-Remove disk
-Reset to factory defaults in the settings menu. The console will restart and will go through setup again. Stay connected to Internet. You will not need to re download the Day One update.
-When setup is finished, disconnect your Ethernet cable or get rid of your wireless network.
-Insert disk and after a minute or so, installation will begin.
-Once install is complete, reconnect to internet to download any necessary game updates. You should be all set!

Hope this helps!
Sweet, MS bring back system format/restore. good times ms, good times.

I was referring to the 250GB that is pretty much the common system most people have. I know no one that still stuck to the 20GB after all these years. And it was actually 13GB of usable space lol.
Here is what iFixit found for useable space on the 500GB drive.

• Temp Content: 44 GB capacity, 27.1GB available (in an Xbox that we never turned on).

• User Content: 391.9 GB capacity, none used.

• System Support: 42.9 GB capacity, 34.1 GB available.

• System Update: 12.8 GB capacity, 11.8 GB available.

• System Update 2: 7.52 GB capacity, 7.47 GB available.
Looks like the User Content partition is the game install one, so about 80% available, better than the 65 % for the XBox 360 with 20GB drive.

Jeez...Amazon is handing out promo credits like its candy on October 31st lol
And they ought to. I got $22 earlier cause of Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 being on sale suddenly.

I just got home with Domino's and within few seconds as I was getting slices out and sitting down I got the Xbox One to, by voice, download Xbox Music, open it, enroll in a free 30-day trial, and begin playing Eminem's new album (which is already my 10th most listened to album on my Last.fm).

Now that was badass.

Anybody else having trouble connecting to avatars? I have only gotten it to work once, to set my gamer pic. Every other time I get an error message that says "Something went terribly wrong. Please come back later." No other aspects of xbox live or any other online or offline features have given that message.

Mine still hasn't shipped and I ordered the first 10 minutes they came available for pre-order months ago.

Standard shipping though.

Anybody else having trouble connecting to avatars? I have only gotten it to work once, to set my gamer pic. Every other time I get an error message that says "Something went terribly wrong. Please come back later." No other aspects of xbox live or any other online or offline features have given that message.
where is avatars can't find them

im kind of shocked ms did not do backgrounds for x1 dash board the black back ground is just bland and boring.
Looks good to me. They are trying to go with the black theme throughout everything regarding the One. They wanted the buttons on the controller to appear to be floating. I'm assuming they wanted the same for the UI.

Two gaming consoles sold over 2 million units in two weeks total and you don't think it is good news for all of us? Who are you?
Will get a better picture how it is over all with PS4 launches in more markets. 1 million is huge for Xbox, more then I figured it would do, but then again it launched in 13 regions.

I've been trying to keep a list of people in this thread today but I only have a handful still right now.  Send a friend request to UNSCleric if you want to have a fellow Xbox One gamer that plays a lot on your friends list.  I don't play much multiplayer in games, but I will be on Battlefield 4 a lot soon and Need for Speed: Rivals too.  Got NBA 2k14 too. 

I just tested out the Skydrive app by putting a picture in my Skydrive from my ultrabook and it was instantly there.  First time using Skydrive from Windows 8.1.

Ended up with Day One editions of Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 even though I just ordered them from Best Buy yesterday. Saved money AND got the Day Ones. :D

If anyone wants to add me, my Gamertag is in my sig. I don't play multiplayer much but I do like to have extra rivals for the leaderboards.

Will get a better picture how it is over all with PS4 launches in more markets. 1 million is huge for Xbox, more then I figured it would do, but then again it launched in 13 regions.

Dude it's good for all of us. We want them all to succeed. Who gives a shit who "wins." With both of them doing so well we all win. What's the point of whining about it. No one is going to be a clear "winner." The only true winners are the ones who don't get involved in all of the console back and forth. They just get to enjoy their console and not worry about what everyone else thinks!

Ok, not sure if it's me but ghost looks better on ps4 than xbone. I love xbox and have always preferred it over play station. But, in all honesty I feel play station is a bit nicer. Just my opinion. Has anyone tried ghost on both consoles?

Dude it's good for all of us. We want them all to succeed. Who gives a shit who "wins." With both of them doing so well we all win. What's the point of whining about it. No one is going to be a clear "winner." The only true winners are the ones who don't get involved in all of the console back and forth. They just get to enjoy their console and not worry about what everyone else thinks!
Im a little confused as how you got from my post anything about "winning" lol.

Got my XBoNE today and really loving it. Also got a new HD cable box so I ran the cable through it as well. Was really impressed when I could play a game of NBA 2K14 while it was at 7% installing and watch ESPN with the snap feature and have it run perfectly smooth the entire time. Also have Ghosts but didn't play too much, and enjoyed some Killer Instinct. Looking forward to Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising arriving in the mail tomorrow

I was just talking about the gamerpics that are pre-installed on the system, I haven't found any new ones to download or anything.

So are none of the usual Gamercard websites displaying Xbox One game tiles yet?
i know when you go on 360 the acivments you earn on x1 games can't be viewed all you see is xbox one games and total scores you got on all games. My guess is might not happen seeing x1 uses complete diff system for games and what not.

i know when you go on 360 the acivments you earn on x1 games can't be viewed all you see is xbox one games and total scores you got on all games. My guess is might not happen seeing x1 uses complete diff system for games and what not.
Not even Raptr has it updated I just noticed.

bread's done
Back