Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

If you have little to no interest in the games out now, then don't keep it.  Pretty simple answer.

And I have no problems with the kinect 2.0.  It recognizes me as soon as I turn it on or walk into view of it, voice commands have worked every time, and my wife has used it for zoo tycoon with great success.

guys, serious question for you that have it now.

I have a Day One in my trunk. Was planning on returning it. Can you change my mind or agree to return it?

I cut the cable years ago when almost every show I watch became free online or on Hulu or Netflix, so the cable box features are useless to me.

I have a PS4.

I actually like some of the Kinect sports type games, as does my wife, but people are saying 2.0 isnt looking as good as promised.

Forza 5 is the Only game I really want badly. DR3 interests me a little.

I got a 360 at launch and suffered through the early game drought and Perfect Dark Zero, and 6 system failures(5 RROD and 1 dead slim at a week old, luckily 5 of them were under warranty) but still play my latest 360 and enjoy it. But I still bought a One so no fanboy intent in this post, I just need more convincing.
I'm a married guy with kids and my wife ( who hates video games) is actually enjoying the Shit out of the x1. She can't wait till after her due date to start using fitness and zumba. As far as me I am enjoying the x1 more than the week I spent with the ps4 .

After about 24 hours still thoroughly impressed. 2k14 is really great, haven't played too much Ghosts, really like KINSLER and installing Dead Rising now while my daughter watches sprout. Downloads and installs seemed fast while watching TV rather than using the console.

Also they need to make a cable style remote for the TV interface, my girlfriend isn't crazy about telling the guide where to go while watching TV and with a couple other people talking in the room voice commands get spotty at best
You can use your cable box remote to change channels and will change the channel on the box

My only real problem with my xbox one is that I thought you were able to leave your game and then go back to exactly where you left it when you come back to it.

Any time I do something else (like watch tv) for 5 minutes or so and then go back to the game it usually restarts the game.

Anyone else notice this?

I've grown very bored with the ps4, which is really disappointing to me.  And it's not just cause I have the X1 now.  Only game I really got into was resogun.  Knack was very boring to me, Killzone as well.  And everything else is non exclusive that I would play.  I didn't even really turn it on for the last 3 or 4 days.  So far though Dead Rising has been awesome though, and installing ryse right now to give it a whirl.

I have no issues with bumpers. Overall I think x1 game pad is much better then 360. On 360 felt like you had to put tons of pressure on buttons mostly trigger and bumpes and that's not the case on x1.

Amazon priced match Walmart's Pre-Black Friday sale.

These games are $49.00

Dead Rising 3
NBA 2k14
Forza 5
Ryse
COD: Ghosts
Lego Marvel

I'm a married guy with kids and my wife ( who hates video games) is actually enjoying the Shit out of the x1. She can't wait till after her due date to start using fitness and zumba. As far as me I am enjoying the x1 more than the week I spent with the ps4 .
What exactly is she enjoying?

Has anyone found a way to see battery status? This thing just needs an update for little small touches.
Im wondering that too now that you bring it up. Also curious if you can turn off the rumble feature on the controllers like you could on the 360. And they need to bring back the ability to stream shit from your computer. I will not pay for their music service when I have all the music I want ready to stream. Or just add a google play music app!

Has anyone figured out how to play music int he background when you play and without having to keep a ugly snap menu up?    Also how do you send voice messages?

I've grown very bored with the ps4, which is really disappointing to me. And it's not just cause I have the X1 now. Only game I really got into was resogun. Knack was very boring to me, Killzone as well. And everything else is non exclusive that I would play. I didn't even really turn it on for the last 3 or 4 days. So far though Dead Rising has been awesome though, and installing ryse right now to give it a whirl.
I'm in the same boat. The exclusive launch titles were shockingly bad except for Resogun. I do plan on playing a lot of the third party games on X1 so if you don't plan on getting an X1 the PS4 would at least have that going for it. I bought it pretty much knowing this would happen as it did last gen. I will play the great exclusive PS4 games when they come out, but it will sit for stretches of 3 - 4 months without being touched just like my PS3.

Has anyone spent some time with IE on XBox 1. Man it works fantastically. I can see me just browsing on X1 from now on, I was familiar with IE touch because I have Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phone but man it is slick. Plus with Kinect voice commands, it's crazy. Xbox go to internet explorer, when it opens browse to ebay and boom I'm at EBay. Then I snap TV to watch some hockey while browsing the net. Wow, even my wife is telling her friends about it.

My only real problem with my xbox one is that I thought you were able to leave your game and then go back to exactly where you left it when you come back to it.

Any time I do something else (like watch tv) for 5 minutes or so and then go back to the game it usually restarts the game.

Anyone else notice this?
Mine works as it should, even better than I expected.

I played some Forza last night and decided to call it a night before starting a new race, and my fiance wanted to watch Hulu (she works overnights, so she's a night owl even on her days off). I'm assuming she was watching Hulu all night, and when I woke up this morning, I felt like doing another race. I went over to the Forza tile and it popped right back up at the pre-race, right where I left off with no delay.

Too bad I'm still having an issue with the cable pass-through cutting out occasionally. I tried all the troubleshooting, and thought I had success by switching to Power Save mode, buy after 30 minutes, it did it again. I'm also having trouble with Hulu video randomly freezing (audio still plays). I have a feeling this XB1 is going to be shipping off to MS sooner than later.

Hmm, haven't read up on Xbone at all , but happened to walk into a Kmart today and there was one sitting behind the glass, so grabbed it.

Not sure what i will do with it, after seeing issues with this one as well.

I've grown very bored with the ps4, which is really disappointing to me. And it's not just cause I have the X1 now. Only game I really got into was resogun. Knack was very boring to me, Killzone as well. And everything else is non exclusive that I would play. I didn't even really turn it on for the last 3 or 4 days. So far though Dead Rising has been awesome though, and installing ryse right now to give it a whirl.
Same boat except I already sold my PS4 and didn't get an X1....(Yet!). The exclusives for the PS4 were just horrible Knack wasn't at all fun, and Killzone was just a huge disappointment gameplay wise. The Xbox One exclusives have looked more appealing to me between Forza and Dead Rising alone the others just add onto it. Probably going to just hold on for now given that the Xbox is also having launch issues I might wait until next year for an improved batch.

Can anyone here submit a trade-in on Amazon for an 360 trade-up and tell me if it gives you the +$25 bonus?

I tried on my account and my moms, and it doesn't work, lol.

:0

Anyone else notice this?

There is a quick resume setting in the settings app. I don't remember exactly what thing it is under but it was unchecked for me. It's in beta right now. I believe it is a glitch for the games to restart. People were reporting that at launch

Need some help.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1619511.aspx

Is the last post true? I have read it will work with my TiVo via The IR blaster, but does it truly offer the OTA guide? So many stories only speak of its cable functionality. Could someone go to where you enter your cable provider and see if there is an option for zio code and then Over the air channel guide? That would change a lot for me.

Hate to drive home to be disappointed. My home and BB are in opposite directions, a far distance apart.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some help.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1619511.aspx

Is the last post true? I have read it will work with my TiVo via The IR blaster, but does it truly offer the OTA guide? Could someone go to where you enter your cable provider and see if there is an option for zio code and then Over the air channel guide? That would change a lot for me
You can do the Xbox One guide and you can see the normal cable guide on the bottom as well. If that's what you're asking for. You have to input your zip code and cable provider and it will program all the channels for you. ESPN still does not work for me though. I have to use the ESPN app to watch ESPN 1/2

Can anyone here submit a trade-in on Amazon for an 360 trade-up and tell me if it gives you the +$25 bonus?

I tried on my account and my moms, and it doesn't work, lol.

:0

I tried going through the BF 4 product page and it didn't work. I didn't try from the Xbox promo page thing though

Lmaoooooooo

Is there some way to get the Xbox to go to HD channels always?

Yes in the settings app there is a setting for that. I believe it is under tv or video/cable whatever it is called. There will be three boxes. It will be show SD/HD channels. Show only HD channels and then I don't remember the third option

No, NO cable. I use a TiVo DVR and just pull the free over the air channels for live TV. Only two of my shows are cable exclusive, the rest are free TV/ internet, or in Hulu or Netflix, so I just buy them seperately and save 120 bucks a month.

No, NO cable. I use a TiVo DVR and just pull the free over the air channels for live TV. Only two of my shows are cable exclusive, the rest are free, or in Hulu or Netflix, so I just buy them seperately and save 120 bucks a month.
Oh I have no idea then

You do know dts is better audio quilty right? X1 does do Dolby bit only in hdmi ou. Ms already said they are going to put it in a patch for optical out
DTS compresses it though doesn't it? Isn't it better to send my receiver the "bitstreams" or "uncompressed" version of the audio so that it can do its own thing? It's on multichannel PCM 5.1 now. I spent a long time reading last night which is better to select and it seemed like everyone was saying there's no difference, with some giving the edge to uncompressed.

DTS compresses it though doesn't it? Isn't it better to send my receiver the "bitstreams" or "uncompressed" version of the audio so that it can do its own thing? It's on multichannel PCM 5.1 now. I spent a long time reading last night which is better to select and it seemed like everyone was saying there's no difference, with some giving the edge to uncompressed.
Virtually no decernable difference between uncompressed and DTS-HD and Dolby-HD. There is a difference with regular Dolby and DTS, but most people probably won't notice. There is a really technical write up at an AV site but I can't remember where.

Finally got my Day One. I had to have it placed on hold so I could go pick it up at the FedEx Center. The exterior of the package was beat to hell so I was a bit worried but they air bagged the heck out it so hopefully everything is ok. 

Virtually no decernable difference between uncompressed and DTS-HD and Dolby-HD. There is a difference with regular Dolby and DTS, but most people probably won't notice. There is a really technical write up at an AV site but I can't remember where.
I probably read that last night. I read probably 40+ paragraphs on the subject total.

Wow, just got another refund on Dead Rising, got $11.50 back yesterday for contacting them, and they just randomly sent me another $11.50 refund on it today, so I got $23 back on Dead Rising for some reason, and that $11 back for Battlefield, not bad!

Wow, just got another refund on Dead Rising, got $11.50 back yesterday for contacting them, and they just randomly sent me another $11.50 refund on it today, so I got $23 back on Dead Rising for some reason, and that $11 back for Battlefield, not bad!
I woke up to a bunch of e-mails from Amazon talking about $10.99 credits so I may be getting that too on all three games. Awesome. That paid for my Need for Speed: Rivals from Gamefly.

I woke up to a bunch of e-mails from Amazon talking about $10.99 credits so I may be getting that too on all three games. Awesome. That paid for my Need for Speed: Rivals from Gamefly.
Haha yeah, I got in on that half off Skylanders yesterday morning on Xbox One (Never tried one before and figured I can easily make the money back if I don't like it), and now with the refunds I've gotten I'm getting Skylanders for free, not gonna argue with that if I don't like it now :p

Yeah, this has made me not able to send something nasty to Amazon, since they did get me my Xbox One on time even with their ****ed up method of doing it.  And then they gave me $66 in refunds it looks like so I don't need to start in with them now.

another thing if any one does the tv setup and it says it detects tv signal and shows nothing good chance your cable box has hdcp on it which will not allow the video to be seen on your tv going into xbox.  Looks like it's a problem for alot of people.

lol so I guess with the preorder price guarantee, we would've got the refund automatically today anyways...but since we contacted them yesterday, we got the additional credit before that happened

I got my Xbox One and PS4 from Amazon in the same box today. I feel like a spoiled kid on Christmas (even though I'm paying the bill). Now debating which to try first.
Also got an email from Amazon letting me know that the lowprice guarantee saved me 3 cents for each console. Guess I shouldn't scoff since that's the interest my bank account rolls in.

on my way home with Forza 5, I'll keep the Xbox if it works. I have a lot of MS $$ and points to use

88xi.jpg

Took this picture last night as I downloaded, signed up for, and began Xbox Music all within seconds only via voice as I got my pizza out.

Just need someone to see if they enter their location if it gives the option for not having cable or satellite. Its called OTA(Over The Air). Have no idea what the One will call it tho, might be OTA, Might be "No provider"
I just checked and yes, at the bottom of the list of cable/satellite providers, there is an "Antenna" option.

I'm seeing my favorite band tonight so I'm losing a lot of game time today, but this weekend is basically one of the best of my life due to this.  What's funny is that I saw this band back in May after three years of them not coming to my state, and it occurred the day after the Xbox One reveal thing on May 21st that everyone hated.  Now six months later I'm seeing the band again, but this time it's the day after the Xbox One arrives in my home.

Weird timing IMO but a beautiful intertwining of two things I love in life.

I'm seeing my favorite band tonight so I'm losing a lot of game time today, but this weekend is basically one of the best of my life due to this. What's funny is that I saw this band back in May after three years of them not coming to my state, and it occurred the day after the Xbox One reveal thing on May 21st that everyone hated. Now six months later I'm seeing the band again, but this time it's the day after the Xbox One arrives in my home.

Weird timing IMO but a beautiful intertwining of two things I love in life.
Whats the band? Miley Cyrus doesn't count FYI. :booty:

bread's done
Back