Xbox One Games On Sale at Best Buy

Raider Bizz

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I didn't see it posted yet. Best Buy has some Xbox One games on sale, including some Day One Edition Games. I just bought a Day One Edition of Ryse.

Ryse, Forza & Dead Rising 3 are all $49.99 ($39.99 with GCU).

Link

If I have elite plus am I automatically enrolled in gamers club or is that something totally extra entirely? I'm gonna be picking up an XBONE after new years and I don't mind getting Forza now if it saves me money in the long run.

Man I wanna bite on these deals but already have DR3, COD, and Madden. Only ones I'd be interested in are Ryse and AC4, with AC4 being sold out all across Kentucky according to the product locator. Ryse is tempting, but have heard it's replay value kinda sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I put in an order for all 3 Day One edition games (Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza 5) yesterday for shipping (all were in stock surprisingly when I ordered) and all 3 shipped out today despite getting a backordered email on Dead Rising 3

Will be trading my vanilla copies back to BB for practically the same price so I end up with free Day One DLCs

Is the Day One DLC for Dead Rising 3 not still free via the Xbox One Console?  It was at launch - not sure if it still is.

is rsyse good game i mite buyed it it look prety cool but osme of the review say it is crap but the video online look good
I borrowed it from a friend and played through 3 or 4 chapters. It does get repetitive since there aren't a whole lot of enemy types (at least so far) and one melee weapon. The story is fairly interesting but I don't really feel a desire to go back and play it more to see how the story turns out. I was tempted to buy it for myself but I'm glad I didn't. $20 seems like a good price to me so I'd wait for that.

Tempted to pick up Ryse, but might Gamefly it. Everyone has said the same thing from what I seen, pretty as heck, but repetitive.

Saw the entire game cleared pre-release on twitch. Took them I think 5 hours?

To each their own.  I know people think I am crazy but Ryse is one of the funnest games I've played in years.

It depends on what you are looking for.  If you are a hardcore RPG fan or love Skyrim, etc. then it may not be for you.  I, on the other hand, sometimes like games where you can just sit down and have a blast playing them for 30 minutes or so.  I find the combat in nearly any action game to be repetitive - in all games from the Batman games to even COD.  You can play the game as you want by avoiding executions, etc.

Also, the smart glass integration and collectibles add quite a bit of replay value as well as the hardest difficulty which is challenging but not brutally annoying.  The online MP is a blast with a bunch of objectives and arenas.

Again, it's not a game for everyone but it's fun as hell to play...at least in my opinion.  I have Forza, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, Peggle 2, Max: Curse of Brotherhood, and Ghosts.  Ryse, in my opinion is the best and most fun to play out of all of them.  I've probably put 10 times the amount of time into Ryse than any other.

/novel

To each their own. I know people think I am crazy but Ryse is one of the funnest games I've played in years.

It depends on what you are looking for. If you are a hardcore RPG fan or love Skyrim, etc. then it may not be for you. I, on the other hand, sometimes like games where you can just sit down and have a blast playing them for 30 minutes or so. I find the combat in nearly any action game to be repetitive - in all games from the Batman games to even COD. You can play the game as you want by avoiding executions, etc.

Also, the smart glass integration and collectibles add quite a bit of replay value as well as the hardest difficulty which is challenging but not brutally annoying. The online MP is a blast with a bunch of objectives and arenas.

Again, it's not a game for everyone but it's fun as hell to play...at least in my opinion. I have Forza, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, Peggle 2, Max: Curse of Brotherhood, and Ghosts. Ryse, in my opinion is the best and most fun to play out of all of them. I've probably put 10 times the amount of time into Ryse than any other.

/novel

I would have to totally agree with you. Played it last night and had a blast playing it. The gameplay immediately felt like a Batman clone which is not a bad thing. I guess that is why it is getting some bad reviews because It does not bring anything new to the table but it is still a fun game.

To each their own. I know people think I am crazy but Ryse is one of the funnest games I've played in years.

It depends on what you are looking for. If you are a hardcore RPG fan or love Skyrim, etc. then it may not be for you. I, on the other hand, sometimes like games where you can just sit down and have a blast playing them for 30 minutes or so. I find the combat in nearly any action game to be repetitive - in all games from the Batman games to even COD. You can play the game as you want by avoiding executions, etc.

Also, the smart glass integration and collectibles add quite a bit of replay value as well as the hardest difficulty which is challenging but not brutally annoying. The online MP is a blast with a bunch of objectives and arenas.

Again, it's not a game for everyone but it's fun as hell to play...at least in my opinion. I have Forza, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, Peggle 2, Max: Curse of Brotherhood, and Ghosts. Ryse, in my opinion is the best and most fun to play out of all of them. I've probably put 10 times the amount of time into Ryse than any other.

/novel
I would have to totally agree with you. Played it last night and had a blast playing it. The gameplay immediately felt like a Batman clone which is not a bad thing. I guess that is why it is getting some bad reviews because It does not bring anything new to the table but it is still a fun game.

fwiw I beat Ryse recently.  I did really enjoy the campaign, althought it was a bit short, and the combat can get a bit stale at times.  i enjoyed the story as well, and like others have said, it looks really good.  

I also have Dead Rising 3, but havent played too much of that.  I'm waiting to find a coop partner before I really start to get into it, but what I have played is very good, its amazing how many zombies can be on the screen at once without any noticeable slowdown.  

i also own Forza and i'm not really that big into racing games, and especially simulation racers, but this game is reeaaaaaaallly good.  Playing in the drivers seat view is a pretty awesome experience. And although I still havent played too much, and I stink pretty bad at it so I have to play with some of the assists on, I'm really enjoying it.

For those of you on the fence about Ryse, here's my two cents:

The game is absolutely gorgeous. The story and voice acting are both downright amazing. The combat is very fun, albeit a bit repetitive. However, I didn't see it nearly as repetitive as every one else. I consistently got my combo into 50 to 60 in the campaign and up to 200 in multiplayer and it seems that the higher your combo the cooler the executions. I have every achievement and I paid 50 at launch and I don't regret that decision one bit, I may not even trade it in, in fact.

Ryse is awesome.  I do love people that throw around the reviews on it, and seem to miss just about everyone who's played it that's not a professional reviewer loving it. 

I was eventually gonna get an X1 so when I saw the Day One copies in stock I bought em before they sold out. Would have been nice to get them at $10 off MSRP but just glad to have them period.

Just found a sweet hack to make your xbox one able to take any headset. Can't wait to play my new ryse once I hook it up after a trip to frys.

Got an email that said my order of Ryse Day 1 is backordered. Expecting to arrive 1/3 to 1/16. What's the likelihood of them getting more Day 1 edition of the game in the future?
Got shipment notification that my order of Ryse day 1 edition, which was back ordered, has shipped, and noticed the best buy site has been updated as available for shipping. Hope they didn't just ship me a vanilla copy instead.

bread's done
Back