Xbox one gold account sharing

tcleary

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Say i have 2 xbox ones and i make one my home console. Can i then login to the 2nd one and get on xbox live with both? For example say i buy titanfall digital on my one xbox live gold account then login to my 2nd console. Then i login as a non xbox live account on my home console. Can we both get online and play titanfall even though i just have one xbox live account and only bought one copy of titanfall?

From what i have read what I'm describing is possible. Only downside is my main account has to be used on the non home console. Still pretty cool.

I thought you had to be gold to play online. I don't see how this would work. I'm curious because if this is true I need to modify my settings for my silver accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i have read when you have gold and set your account as the home account on a console that console gets gold and anyone using it can play games on xbox live. That console also gets a license for any digital game/dlc you buy. I tested this with peggle. On my home console i logged into a non gold account and started playing peggle and tried Netflix. Both worked even when i logged into a 2nd xbox one under my gold account. Both could play peggle and both could use xbox live features at the same time even though i only bought peggle once and only have one gold account.

So in simple terms each gold account you have can act as 2 gold accounts and each digital game you buy can be played on 2 consoles at the same time.

^ Yup. 

Also here's more detailed official info from MS:

As an Xbox Live Gold member, you can share the benefits of Xbox Live Gold with others while they’re using your Xbox One console in your home. Friends and family can simply create their own account and gamertag on the console, which gives them the ability to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps.

Friends or family members with their own gamertags coming over to play? No problem. They can log in and play online multiplayer games, even if you sign off.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back