Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

Not coming with physical copies of the game is a major marketing mistake by not only microsoft but sony and nintendo as well when it comes to limited edition bundles. I mean we all know why we want physical so why do they turn deaf ear to us? I know it's not cost of disc because it probably cost more to print the codes than the disc or just pennies difference. OH yeah, Duhhh, they want digital to be the way of the future so what better way to force that than just make these cool limited edition consoles that comes with a download card to show that we can live with cool looking hardware without a cool looking disc to match. I'm not buying into this digital bologna it's only good for indies that are small and fast downloads imho. It's nice not having to switch disc and all but they can fix it to where you install game from disc, have a unlock code, and put the disc on the shelf in a safe spot or on display & reinstall it anytime necessary. That would be best of both worlds.

Not coming with physical copies of the game is a major marketing mistake by not only microsoft but sony and nintendo as well when it comes to limited edition bundles. I mean we all know why we want physical so why do they turn deaf ear to us? I know it's not cost of disc because it probably cost more to print the codes than the disc or just pennies difference. OH yeah, Duhhh, they want digital to be the way of the future so what better way to force that than just make these cool limited edition consoles that comes with a download card to show that we can live with cool looking hardware without a cool looking disc to match. I'm not buying into this digital bologna it's only good for indies that are small and fast downloads imho. It's nice not having to switch disc and all but they can fix it to where you install game from disc, have a unlock code, and put the disc on the shelf in a safe spot or on display & reinstall it anytime necessary. That would be best of both worlds.
I'm not sure about Sony I think they have had booth physical and digital copies of games in their bundles but Microsoft has always had digital only bundles....
Not just special edition ones but every single regular one too....

Also your idea of what they do with unlock codes or CD keys is exactly what Microsoft was going to do in the first place but everybody hated that because you wouldn't be able to trade in games. The blue ray was essentially just a faster way to download the game instead of getting it online. And you still wouldn't be able to trade it in because that's exactly how pc games work you use the key and the disc is garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume here that you are referring to the option of trading the game in at some point. I don't think MS / Sony / Nintendo would ever consider trading in a game to be a valid reason to provide its customers with physical copies of games vs. digital download tokens.

This is just a wild guess but I think the whole digital voucher vs. physical hard copies is due to at least two things: how their manufacturing and packing process is scheduled and their own cost accounting. Take the Halo LCE for example. Since this CE is being sourced to TriForce (cringe) who may be outsourcing it to others and possibly overseas, it's easier to just provide a bunch of unused vouchers and activate their respective codes to the full game once the final allotment has been determined. If TriForce had to package every LCE with a physical copy of Halo 5, they'd have to time their manufacturing process for their statues to be ready for packaging within the final month since games usually go gold around a month before the release date. The idea is that the more expensive the LE, the longer the manufacturing process due to quality and parts. I can totally see TriForce taking the low quality route and preferring to just have all of the statues packaged and ready to go months in advance so that could give them more wiggle room in distribution and shipping costs.

I think the more obvious reason is that it doesn't take an accountant to figure out it's more cost effective to use voucher cards than physical games when it comes to packing LE's. The more stunning and disappointing thing is that the final decision maker on the Halo 5 LCE, was clearly never a collector before since a steelbook with a voucher is one of the more incredibly stupid ideas to come from them. If they were going to go that route, they might as well have just offered the Halo 5 statue as a TriForce exclusive statue in the first place. The whole swapping vouchers for physical games is going to be a monumental task to give to any one person.

Speaking of failed TriForce swaps, has anybody gotten a hold of Josh? I tried calling his office and mobile and of course, he doesn't pick up.

Awe man, that's exactly what happened when I tried transferring my data to a flash drive. The Xbone is so backwards compared to the 360. The cloud storage never worked.

My Xbox always tried to use the cloud storage but it never worked properly.
That's what worries me when I trade my xbone for the Forza one. I do not want to lose all my game saves and ect.

I assume here that you are referring to the option of trading the game in at some point. I don't think MS / Sony / Nintendo would ever consider trading in a game to be a valid reason to provide its customers with physical copies of games vs. digital download tokens.
Not really. I always keep what I get since you can't get much for it anyways after it gets a few months old (which I barely get around to finishing a game in that amount of time anyways) I just like being able to install a game from a disc fast, have a neat looking physical disc and case on my shelf ready to load anytime it's needed. The disc would not be able to be traded anyways if they used the key codes like PC does as Rohman pointed out. I was actually one of the few people who liked microsoft's original plan on that since I keep my stuff anyways and realized the convenience factor of it all. I don't get why folks bashed them so bad over that since a lot of those same folks probably buy digital games anyway. Maybe they thought they could trade their digital copies? lol, people are crazy & just love to complain I think especially at microsoft. I bet sony was going to announce the same thing until they saw the backlash which is a shame since it would have worked better for everyone at the end of the day.

Not really. I always keep what I get since you can't get much for it anyways after it gets a few months old (which I barely get around to finishing a game in that amount of time anyways) I just like being able to install a game from a disc fast, have a neat looking physical disc and case on my shelf ready to load anytime it's needed. The disc would not be able to be traded anyways if they used the key codes like PC does as Rohman pointed out. I was actually one of the few people who liked microsoft's original plan on that since I keep my stuff anyways and realized the convenience factor of it all. I don't get why folks bashed them so bad over that since a lot of those same folks probably buy digital games anyway. Maybe they thought they could trade their digital copies? lol, people are crazy & just love to complain I think especially at microsoft. I bet sony was going to announce the same thing until they saw the backlash which is a shame since it would have worked better for everyone at the end of the day.
You mean the convenience of not being able to trade in games? Trading in games has paid for, like, 75% of the gaming I've done on Xbox One.

Essentially you are paying $100 for the Halo 5 Limited Edition ($399 for the console) vs the die hard fans paying $250 for the Limited Collector's Edition (these Collectors deserve the physical disc)
Does the console bundle come with the big statue though? I haven't seen it included in any pictures, though admittedly I haven't looked very hard.

No it doesn't. The limited edition bundle is included, the one that costs a 100 bucks. You also get the console exclusive fotus armor. That same armor was 100 percent exclusive to the Halo 4 console, nobody knows about the Halo 5 console. 343 did say all pre order armors would eventually be obtainable in the game. The fotus armor sold for a lot of money when Halo 4 came out. You could see what the market is like closer to launch.

No it doesn't. The limited edition bundle is included, the one that costs a 100 bucks. You also get the console exclusive fotus armor. That same armor was 100 percent exclusive to the Halo 4 console, nobody knows about the Halo 5 console. 343 did say all pre order armors would eventually be obtainable in the game. The fotus armor sold for a lot of money when Halo 4 came out. You could see what the market is like closer to launch.
Yeah I was doing some reading on this and nobody can confirm or deny if the armor is grouped up with all the pre order armor and visors and able to be unlocked with req packs at an extremely low drop rate or if it's actually exclusive like the last console armor was.

Yeah I was doing some reading on this and nobody can confirm or deny if the armor is grouped up with all the pre order armor and visors and able to be unlocked with req packs at an extremely low drop rate or if it's actually exclusive like the last console armor was.
If the words "pre-order DLC" were used when they said that all of the DLC would be unlockable in-game, then I don't think this would include any exclusive DLC to come with the console bundle. It's like saying Day One DLC is pre-order DLC and that's not the case.

You mean the convenience of not being able to trade in games? Trading in games has paid for, like, 75% of the gaming I've done on Xbox One.
Can't trade digital games anyways which is what they are now pushing for so this method would have at least still provided us with physical copies trading games is going to be done away with eventually anyways since consoles are getting more similar to pc gaming. In the long run I think it will give developers more of the financial return all their hard work deserves and lead to better titles in the future. Got to look at the big picture.

well the only thing i saw was amazon has an exsclusive gun (some of there preorder bonuses are preorder only), gamestop has an armor and gun also (there cheaper so most if not all preorder dlc is available in game) only seen amazon and gamestop mention the focke armor with the system, everyone is probably best getting it from amazon as their gun is probably only way to get it from them, though one way is to check amazon jp to see if its the same which would probably confirm only through them you get that gun

well the only thing i saw was amazon has an exsclusive gun (some of there preorder bonuses are preorder only), gamestop has an armor and gun also (there cheaper so most if not all preorder dlc is available in game) only seen amazon and gamestop mention the focke armor with the system, everyone is probably best getting it from amazon as their gun is probably only way to get it from them, though one way is to check amazon jp to see if its the same which would probably confirm only through them you get that gun
I know bestbuy has a modded assault rifle as its pre order bonus too but they get weird with their console pre orders getting the regular games pre order bonuses sometimes.

I asked Josh Holmes on twitter and his exact words about the fotus armor were "can be earned, but rare" This is in REQ packs, this is just like battlefield.

All preorder items exclusive to each retailer will be available after a certain period.

Can't trade digital games anyways which is what they are now pushing for so this method would have at least still provided us with physical copies trading games is going to be done away with eventually anyways since consoles are getting more similar to pc gaming. In the long run I think it will give developers more of the financial return all their hard work deserves and lead to better titles in the future. Got to look at the big picture.
Yeah, the big picture is higher prices for gaming, thanks to no trade-ins. No trade-ins means fewer dollars to be spent on games, meaning fewer games sold. Digital gaming run by something like the horrible Xbox LIVE Marketplace is the worst thing for any CAG.

Halo 5 Limited Edition 79.99 after GCU plus tax

Halo 5 Console with LE is 499.99 plus tax

Halo 5 console should be 399.99 with out LE and then it would allow GCU member to take advantage of the 79.99 price of the LE making it 479.98 plus for a halo console and LE.  

And is the only difference from the LE and LCE version that 1 statue? 

It very well could be limited if its like the white sunset overdrive and MCC bundles, which were very limited. I would pay attention to what happens with the forza 6 console next month and see if its easy to purchase after launch.

Halo 5 Limited Edition 79.99 after GCU plus tax
Halo 5 Console with LE is 499.99 plus tax
Halo 5 console should be 399.99 with out LE and then it would allow GCU member to take advantage of the 79.99 price of the LE making it 479.98 plus for a halo console and LE.

And is the only difference from the LE and LCE version that 1 statue?
If you mean the $250 one yes I believe it's just the statue that's different.

I just pre-ordered this using a Mover's Coupon and some gift cards. Final price on my bestbuy credit card came to $193.xx. I will trade in my xbox one the day before this drops (hopefully it holds the $200 trade in value). Not bad at that price but I hope selling the FOTUS armor code gets me some extra saving too. Let me know if anybody here would be interested in the FOTUS code on 10/20/15.

Anyone who is buying this and wants to get a physical copy of Halo 5 I will buy your digital copy at just a bit under retail. PM me so we can get an agreement now.

Anyone who is buying this and wants to get a physical copy of Halo 5 I will buy your digital copy at just a bit under retail. PM me so we can get an agreement now.

Anyone who wants the disc can probably exchange the code for one the same as what Microsoft is doing for the LCE though.
My thinking as well. If they are doing this program for the Limited edition they will do it for the console too. Sill haven't explained the details though.

I posted these in a different thread a few days ago, but they belong in here:

1531q0x.jpg

n1f2gi.jpg

I don't know which controller to get. I'm stuck between the two! I'd get both, but I'm getting the Elite Controller as well.
I have these controllers:

Day One 2013
TitanFall
CoD: AW

I'm going to trade my old console in to help pay for this one, but I'm borrowing my nephew's plain black controller so I don't trade any of these in, and then I'll probably give him the Halo 5 controller that comes with this.

I've also thought long/hard about ordering the Elite controller, so I'll definitely have more than I need.

I don't know which controller to get. I'm stuck between the two! I'd get both, but I'm getting the Elite Controller as well.
I was thinking of getting the Elite controller, then I saw the Guardians console, the Master Chief controller, and the Forza controller. That stuff's just so cool-looking, and the Elite controller's advantages just aren't great enough for the price tag, vs. getting the MC and F6 controllers for $135 combined (maybe even less, if there's a $20 off controller w/console purchase deal).

Have the Titanfall controller, looks cool. Wanted the AW one, but missed out, due to laziness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43ZMBVgKWg

fucking hyped for this game now
Not enough likes for the smiling and laughing while I watched this. HURRY UP, HALO.

[quote name="Nothing371" post="12953600" timestamp="1444063903"]How did you get the console for $350?[/quote]
Where do you see $350?

bread's done
Back