Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

Anyone think the addition of 2k16 for free might be the best offer we'll get even into BF if you want a limited edition Xbone? I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger, but this close to BF gives me pause.

I preorder the Halo 5 bundle from Best Buy but when I add NBA it shows full price. How do I get to it for free?

Yeah, I'm hoping this bundle makes it to $400 on Black Friday at Target somehow.  Then I will stack some discounts and buy it.

Yeah, I'm hoping this bundle makes it to $400 on Black Friday at Target somehow. Then I will stack some discounts and buy it.
Someone posted up their preorder from Best Buy and they received NBA2k16 for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just cancelled my LCE pre-order at Best Buy and will probably do the same for the LE.  I'm going whole hog on this console.

I see Amazon's offer of NBA 2K16 expires tomorrow.  Any idea when GS's promotion will expire?

Yeah, I'm hoping this bundle makes it to $400 on Black Friday at Target somehow. Then I will stack some discounts and buy it.
Wishful thinking if you followed past Halo bundles you know it won't last a week. The special one at least. Who knows if they make a bundle with just the black one.

I just tried to add NBA 2k16 with the Halo console to my cart on Amazon. It doesnt ring up free. Did it expire?
Yep was just coming to report that its no longer available with the halo console,but is for all the systems that they do have in stock must been a mistake it being added to it in the first place?

I was able to make the order with NBA 2k16 and the Halo One Xbox yesterday. They took $59 off the total price for NBA 2k16 and when 2K16 shipped it only cost $52 + tax. Sweet deal for me. Between the $10 off, the $60 off from 2k16 and $130 in gift cards from Swagbucks and Bing, I'm only paying $385 out of pocket for the console I still need to sell my current Xbox One and then 2k16 when I get it. Realistically I'll only pay about $120 for this new console when all is said and done.

http://imgur.com/y55w4vM

For those getting this or the limited editions of the game....MS posted their digital to physical disc swap for Halo 5. Just don't use your code

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/halo-5-guardians-disc-swap

I was able to make the order with NBA 2k16 and the Halo One Xbox yesterday. They took $59 off the total price for NBA 2k16 and when 2K16 shipped it only cost $52 + tax. Sweet deal for me. Between the $10 off, the $60 off from 2k16 and $130 in gift cards from Swagbucks and Bing, I'm only paying $385 out of pocket for the console I still need to sell my current Xbox One and then 2k16 when I get it. Realistically I'll only pay about $120 for this new console when all is said and done.
http://imgur.com/y55w4vM

For those getting this or the limited editions of the game....MS posted their digital to physical disc swap for Halo 5. Just don't use your code
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/halo-5-guardians-disc-swap
That swap only points out the LCE not the code from the console so I want to know if we will be able to swap the code from the console version.

[quote name="boogie4114" post="12961597" timestamp="1444429211"]That swap only points out the LCE not the code from the console so I want to know if we will be able to swap the code from the console version.[/quote]
I was going to ask that too since I will be getting the console version. Will the DLCs be separated from the game download code?

That swap only points out the LCE not the code from the console so I want to know if we will be able to swap the code from the console version.
I think it'll be fine. I doubt Microsoft gives its codes unique identifiers. If they're all just random code generators tied to a digital copy of the game, they'll have no way of knowing where the code originated (even from LCE to console to a card bought off of a Best Buy shelf). I suppose someone could tweet Phil Spencer (I would if I had Twitter).

I was going to ask that too since I will be getting the console version. Will the DLCs be separated from the game download code?
Hard telling on that second part. See above for the first.

I think i will preorder from Best Buy. Easier to return if some better bundle comes around.

Just tried adding an instock console (Forza) and the game and it tried to charge me so is it dead?

I think i will preorder from Best Buy. Easier to return if some better bundle comes around.

Just tried adding an instock console (Forza) and the game and it tried to charge me so is it dead?
Which site did you try?

I just tried Best Buy and Amazon both and I still am seeing the promotion.

You might have added the NBA 2K16 listing being sold by a third party. You have to add the one shipped and sold by Amazon under "other sellers" to get the discount.

I think it'll be fine. I doubt Microsoft gives its codes unique identifiers. If they're all just random code generators tied to a digital copy of the game, they'll have no way of knowing where the code originated (even from LCE to console to a card bought off of a Best Buy shelf). I suppose someone could tweet Phil Spencer (I would if I had Twitter).

Hard telling on that second part. See above for the first.
Unless I'm missing something, the console comes with the limited edition of the game minus the disc. Why would they not include the console code as part of the swap?

And DLC is always a separate download code from the game

Unless I'm missing something, the console comes with the limited edition of the game minus the disc. Why would they not include the console code as part of the swap?

And DLC is always a separate download code from the game
This was set up for the LCE that comes with the statue, but after the announcement that the console comes with the digital copy as well, people are wondering if those codes can be swapped for discs as well. That was never addressed by Microsoft; at least, I never saw anything.

And if I remember correctly, some games have had multiple pieces of DLC tied to a single code.

Well the LE console shows the game download and the DLC separate. I doubt they'd make them one code which is what I meant. Multiple things of DLC tied to one code sure, but they wouldn't tie the game download to the dlc with one code. Someone was worried about that above.

I can't see MS not including the console swap. That would be asinine to do it for the limited collector's edition, but not the super expensive limited edition (ie the console)

[quote name="Lil Frier" post="12963104" timestamp="1444540415"]This was set up for the LCE that comes with the statue, but after the announcement that the console comes with the digital copy as well, people are wondering if those codes can be swapped for discs as well. That was never addressed by Microsoft; at least, I never saw anything.

And if I remember correctly, some games have had multiple pieces of DLC tied to a single code.[/quote]
I hope DLCs come separate from the game download because I would like the disc version. I guess we'll find out on the 20th or if Microsoft announced it before the release date.

Well the LE console shows the game download and the DLC separate. I doubt they'd make them one code which is what I meant. Multiple things of DLC tied to one code sure, but they wouldn't tie the game download to the dlc with one code. Someone was worried about that above.

I can't see MS not including the console swap. That would be asinine to do it for the limited collector's edition, but not the super expensive limited edition (ie the console)
If we were to use "it would be asinine" as the barrier for Microsoft's activities, then they wouldn't be taking discs away from people spending an extra $150 or $400 in the first place. Alas, Microsoft does things BECAUSE they're asinine.

If we were to use "it would be asinine" as the barrier for Microsoft's activities, then they wouldn't be taking discs away from people spending an extra $150 or $400 in the first place. Alas, Microsoft does things BECAUSE they're asinine.
speaking of microsoft being asinine, I saw an unboxing video of the halo 5 console (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfUjr113jGM), and the steelbook case that came with it doesn't even have a disc holder!!! (2:25 and 3:30)

so even if you want to do the swap if you're getting the console, let's hope microsoft sends you a regular case cuz you're not going to be putting it in the steelbook!

this is actually what pushed me over the edge to cancel my LCE and go with the LE where at least I'm guaranteed a disc, a steelbook with a disc holder, and the limited edition disc art (which I would be surprised anyone who does the swap would get).

the fact that microsoft would make 2 different steelbooks and that the one included in the LCE could be the same one included with the console was just too much BS for me!

I hope everyone cancels their pre-orders for the Halo 5 LE game in order to send a message that this type of quality is not ok.

speaking of microsoft being asinine, I saw an unboxing video of the halo 5 console (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfUjr113jGM), and the steelbook case that came with it doesn't even have a disc holder!!! (2:25 and 3:30)

so even if you want to do the swap if you're getting the console, let's hope microsoft sends you a regular case cuz you're not going to be putting it in the steelbook!

this is actually what pushed me over the edge to cancel my LCE and go with the LE where at least I'm guaranteed a disc, a steelbook with a disc holder, and the limited edition disc art (which I would be surprised anyone who does the swap would get).

the fact that microsoft would make 2 different steelbooks and that the one included in the LCE could be the same one included with the console was just too much BS for me!
I watched that Major Nelson unboxing, and IS there a LE disc? The lighting is terrible in the video, and I can't tell if the disc is black, or if the shadowing just makes it look that way. Nothing about the disc (in the brief time the video shows it) gives any indication that it's a LE version of the disc.

I'm with you though, I might be skipping the console now. I was planning to trade my 500-GB One in (or I'd sell it on CL), and I was going to get the 1-TB Halo 5 console. After watching that console unboxing, I'm really disappointed. The hardware looks fine, but the lack of a disc (and disc holder) sucks, and I don't think I want to drop $300+ on that upgrade. Honestly, this has my tempted to put my One on CL (or trade it in), so I can get the Forza 6 console for $100 less. The blue on that thing looks awesome, and then I'd just get the $100 LE of Halo 5 and the controllers separately.

I hope everyone cancels their pre-orders for the Halo 5 LE in order to send a message that this type of quality is not ok.
Why cancel the version WITH the disc to send a message?

I'm assuming there's no decent trade value for a regular Xbox One anywhere right? Would love to upgrade to this but hoping to only spend around $200 or so.

I'm assuming there's no decent trade value for a regular Xbox One anywhere right? Would love to upgrade to this but hoping to only spend around $200 or so.
No, you're not going to get $300+ for a console that retails for $350 and comes with AT LEAST one game. The highest I've seen thus far is $175 from GameStop, unless your Best Buy doesn't require a controller for a trade, then you can get $15 and trade the controller for $35 towards a Halo Master Chief controller at GameStop (making the total trade value $180).

speaking of microsoft being asinine, I saw an unboxing video of the halo 5 console (), and the steelbook case that came with it doesn't even have a disc holder!!! (2:25 and 3:30)

Are you sure about that? The steelbook sort of looked like it could open from the other side. I think the unboxer just didn't open both sides. I could be wrong, though. The steelbook not holding the disc would be the last reason I don't get this console.

speaking of microsoft being asinine, I saw an unboxing video of the halo 5 console (), and the steelbook case that came with it doesn't even have a disc holder!!! (2:25 and 3:30)

Call me the devils advocate but since I prefer digital for games I'm never going to get rid of anyways (like I did with the MCC) and want to be lazy and have access to the game at a whim I don't care that it doesn't have a disc. This might have been mentioned before but I think there's valid points to both sides so I'm glad MS is at least letting people get their physical discs if they want them. With this video it sucks that there is no holder for the physical disc if you wanted to get it but to somebody like me who prefers digital I think it's awesome how it's just a wide steelbook that can hold all of the collectors edition stuff instead of hoping to not lose it later like i have with other CE stuff.

Call me the devils advocate but since I prefer digital for games I'm never going to get rid of anyways (like I did with the MCC) and want to be lazy and have access to the game at a whim I don't care that it doesn't have a disc. This might have been mentioned before but I think there's valid points to both sides so I'm glad MS is at least letting people get their physical discs if they want them. With this video it sucks that there is no holder for the physical disc if you wanted to get it but to somebody like me who prefers digital I think it's awesome how it's just a wide steelbook that can hold all of the collectors edition stuff instead of hoping to not lose it later like i have with other CE stuff.
Thing is, adding the disc slot to that steelbook wouldn't have affected the ample space. I'm a similar way with digital, which is why I got TMCC digitally, but given GCU makes all games $12 cheaper than the XBL Marketplace, screw convenience.

Thing is, adding the disc slot to that steelbook wouldn't have affected the ample space. I'm a similar way with digital, which is why I got TMCC digitally, but given GCU makes all games $12 cheaper than the XBL Marketplace, screw convenience.
I know I'm going to get flak for saying this on a cag but $12 is a small price to pay if I'm keeping the game forever anyways. Plus were talking about the console so I'm paying extra for a cool paint job anyways lol. I do agree that they could have put a slipcase or something inside of the steel box for the disc but seeing as how they didn't even give a physical disc in the first place clearly they didn't plan this through. I'm just curious if the LE steel book is the same way as the one in the console.

I know I'm going to get flak for saying this on a cag but $12 is a small price to pay if I'm keeping the game forever anyways. Plus were talking about the console so I'm paying extra for a cool paint job anyways lol. I do agree that they could have put a slipcase or something inside of the steel box for the disc but seeing as how they didn't even give a physical disc in the first place clearly they didn't plan this through. I'm just curious if the LE steel book is the same way as the one in the console.
It's not. Major Nelson did an unboxing of all of them, and with the regular LE, you can see the disc clipped into the steelbook.

I sold my Xbone for $250 to a buddy of mine.  Used a movers on the console.  Came out to $489.XX after tax.  Had some gift cards to throw on there too.  Figure the LE is worth $100.  Ultimately paying $100 for a paint job, bigger HDD, and new warranty.

That's fine with me I suppose.  I hate not having non-le consoles, and this should look nice next to my MGSTPP Red PS4.

My Wii U is just heinous next to them.  The windwaker controller is nice, but the console is so bland.

I'll be swapping my digital code for the physical disk as well.  I'll be keeping the disk in a wallet so I don't care that it doesn't have a slot.  That is just bizarre though.  I just keep the cases for display purposes in my cave/nerd room.

bread's done
Back