Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see some actual gameplay footage and not sweeping camera angles. Those didn't look much different than the same footage now. Completely underwhelmed so far.

Ok Spielberg behind a live Halo series is cool. But IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SYSTEM WHATSOEVER.

[quote name='HydroX']They are saving the games til last. It's only obvious they do that, to make you watch all this other filler BS first. It's how things work in the biz, yo.[/QUOTE]
Let me guess Calllll of duty:roll:

Is anyone else reading these "exclusive content" announcements as "we haven't quite figured this shit out yet but we want you to be excited"?

Lol, Halo TV series. Who is this marketed to?

So far it took them over half an hour to show their first game and it was sports, nothing I care about. A new Forza. Again don't care. This is just another M$ Trojan horse aimed to become the new DVR centerpiece which I, as a gamer, have no need for. Why is it that these 15 new exclusives are just a footnote and sports/TV are the focus here? When I game it's to be immersed in alternate reality, not grounded in it.

This is turning into a bad infomercial, it does everything except play games!

I'm not too excited about it having a windows kernel...blue screen of death anyone? haha.

Did I hear that correctly? Call of Duty next gen is launching exclusively on Xbox One? How much money did Microsoft pay Activision?

Total waste. No real gameplay footage of note. Not even a release date. Looks like the 360, has more apps and gizmos that you can find in other devices. Maybe we'll find out after it's over some more specs -- but this was a total waste of time

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, Halo TV series. Who is this marketed to?

So far it took them over half an hour to show their first game and it was sports, nothing I care about. A new Forza. Again don't care. This is just another M$ Trojan horse aimed to become the new DVR centerpiece which I, as a gamer, have no need for. Why is it that these 15 new exclusives are just a footnote and sports/TV are the focus here? When I game it's to be immersed in alternate reality, not grounded in it.[/QUOTE]

E3 is just around the corner, wait for nonmainstream games there.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Did I hear that correctly? Call of Duty next gen is launching exclusively on Xbox One? How much money did Microsoft pay Activision?[/QUOTE]

No DLC is going to continue with the one month exclusives.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Did I hear that correctly? Call of Duty next gen is launching exclusively on Xbox One? How much money did Microsoft pay Activision?[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty DLC will come out first on Xbox One.

[quote name='SynGamer']Damn, that's ugly. Might as well have just called it a PC. Here's hoping Sony's PS4 has more curves.[/QUOTE]
Consoles are now at the point where they can no longer be anything but PCs in order to keep relevant with modern tech. Did I hear wrong or is this console actually using Windows OS lol. Might as well build your own PC at this point.

[quote name='dvgamer']Call of Duty DLC will come out first on Xbox One.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dodgeme']No DLC is going to continue with the one month exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I missed that it was DLC and I couldn't wrap my head around how much money that would have cost Microsoft.

Terrible announcement for the gamer crowd. May work for casuals though as it definitely got me intrigued when I really didn't care much about next gen consoles since I'm not gaming much these days.

If all the TV stuff works as well as what they showed, I may get one this fall as that would be a huge improvement in speed and ease of use for my home theater set up.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yes!!11 Higher resolution dogs!

Oh wow. Dirty fingernails.[/QUOTE]

The dogs are tattooed too! Tattooed man, with scars and everything

[quote name='spoo']E3 is just around the corner, wait for nonmainstream games there.[/QUOTE]
Why? Sony didn't feel the need to wait. They even kicked off the show with Knack, which is as far from mainstream as you can get lol. No, what we're seeing here is the fact that M$ has nothing to show gamers. They're still trying to capitalize off Kinect and CoD numbers because they know what sells.

Gaming is more than just chart graphs and M$ doesn't care.

So, let me get this straight. Xbox One is the name, and it will require you to register it through Xbox Live the first time in order to play it? That's fucking bullcrap.

Also, Xbox One is a fucking terrible name.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Terrible announcement for the gamer crowd. May work for casuals though as it definitely got me intrigued when I really didn't care much about next gen consoles since I'm not gaming much these days.

If all the TV stuff works as well as what they showed, I may get one this fall as that would be a huge improvement in speed and ease of use for my home theater set up.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although I still try to play games as much as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back