Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. E3 should be locked down like that, considering there is so much juicy information there. There are crappier shows that common people can go to that will satisfy their need for pre-release indulgence of gaming.

I can't belIeve the tide has switched so quickly, now everyone is preordering even after the Wii U did horrible on the day 1 resale market. I for sure wouldn't bother if this was just for resale but with all the negativity I am surprised that anyone on this site is preordering, I for one am not getting this console, ever.

Speaking of charging...
Matsui, you REALLY need to charge your iphone.

Haha thanks Flacks :)

-------

I agree with all of the comments about the $500 price point being extreme. The PS3 was $600...a new 16gb wifi iPad is $499...

Makes sense. E3 should be locked down like that, considering there is so much juicy information there. There are crappier shows that common people can go to that will satisfy their need for pre-release indulgence of gaming.
you still get random people that go. last year i talked with some people that got in because they know people that work at the company that supports e3.

You know what I'm wondering about? If you get an X1 and you still want to use your 360, will the gold still be available throughout? I remember when the 360 came out, you basically couldn't use the original xbox for live anymore, right? or am I thinking of something else?
im sure it will still work seeing your live sub and gamer tag moves over to x1 and it's connected to a microsoft email account. i know i use my xbox live gamertag when i play games on my pc

game trailers is showing new video of quatum break man that game looks sooo good

360 has to be fully functional with updates for at least the next 2ish years, considering they announced a brand new model today.

We were thrilled by the unprecedented demand we saw for Xbox One today. In the first four hours of preorder availability, we sold through most of our Xbox One Day One Edition inventory.

according to amazon on xbox facebook page

360 has to be fully functional with updates for at least the next 2ish years, considering they announced a brand new model today
that thing puzzled me why bring out a brand new 360 when you want people to buy 500 doller xbox in five months

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't belIeve the tide has switched so quickly, now everyone is preordering even after the Wii U did horrible on the day 1 resale market. I for sure wouldn't bother if this was just for resale but with all the negativity I am surprised that anyone on this site is preordering, I for one am not getting this console, ever.
I'm not. I just don't want to hear/see any complaints later down the line from them regretting their choice.

We were thrilled by the unprecedented demand we saw for Xbox One today. In the first four hours of preorder availability, we sold through most of our Xbox One Day One Edition inventory.

360 has to be fully functional with updates for at least the next 2ish years, considering they announced a brand new model today

that thing puzzled me why bring out a brand new 360 when you want people to buy 500 doller xbox in five months

Glad I preordered today! :)

sounds like amazon is working with ms for next gen so we can pretty much tell amazon will be one of those "special" retail that will sell new and buy used x1 games.

I'm not. I just don't want to hear/see any complaints later down the line from them regretting their choice.
unlike the wii u we know 3rd party support will be thier and will not have to wait months and months till new games come out. look at wii u since launch main game to come out was lego city

Same here. And it's not the price that's deterring me.

That is incredibly sad. Since others questioned, $500 is very expensive, when you consider the horrible game policies in place. How can anyone support that? Neogaf put it very well. This is only progressing the downfall of gaming, unfortunately.

The 360 has a huge game database as it is and everyone can't afford a $500 system. So those people can grab this new design which should be cheaper. Also I'm sure this design is cheaper for Microsoft to build. Just like the ps2 continued to get support throughout the life of the ps3, the 360 should get support for a few more years.

That is incredibly sad. Since others questioned, $500 is very expensive, when you consider the horrible game policies in place. How can anyone support that? Neogaf put it very well. This is only progressing the downfall of gaming, unfortunately.
Or shining a very bright light on a vocal minority.

What other choice do people have? You could not get it sure, but if you want to play next gen games, then you have to get a next gen system. Unless the PS4 is drastically different with its policies then you can expect this gen to be very restrictive. 

What other choice do people have? You could not get it sure, but if you want to play next gen games, then you have to get a next gen system. Unless the PS4 is drastically different with its policies then you can expect this gen to be very restrictive.
Well sure, I definitely want to play Next-gen games. But not at the cost of looking like Microsoft's sheep. If I have to buy into their system, I will wait until they implement a renting/borrowing system. And drop the price.

thisday and age both x1 and ps4 will sell well don't matter what things is going on or not. Ms did what they had to do show 100 percent games this morning it made me pump to play some of these games on x1 tommow i hope sony does the same tonight.

Or shining a very bright light on a vocal minority.
Unfortunately if you've spent enough time gaming you exactly how dangerous vocal minorities can be.

Well sure, I definitely want to play Next-gen games. But not at the cost of looking like Microsoft's sheep. If I have to buy into their system, I will wait until they implement a renting/borrowing system. And drop the price.
what happens if ps4 has the same kind of suff. Gaming is a hobby im not buying to to keep it i might return it or just stop pre order. video game is a hobby for most people it's no diff when people does other hobbys that can cost couple K a year.

i really think closing up used game buying a bit will help lower game prices faster. Most games stayed so high because companys needed ot make money off those new games because they made NOthing off used games now that has changed it's possible prices go down faster and/or more sales happen.

I pre-ordered from GameStop today.  I liked what I saw from M$ conference today.  Some seriously good looking exclusives.  Plus they didn't really show any Kinect stuff.  I know I'm in the minority here but I really like Kinect and the dance/workout games.  If this one works like they say, all the better

I don't want to hear about those that regret it either wether it be for themselves or for resale, a true cheapass would never buy this system and would play the 360, PS3 and whatever other systems they have and just exhaust the game libraries on them.

Lack of games on the Wii U would not be a problem if people just waited until 2-3 years into a console's life. If lack of games is still a problem after that then its obviously a failed platform that no one should be buying. Every launch console is the same, lack of games, this one will be no different, especially with no backwards compatibility.

at this point only thing i see a main issue when it's set and done is the every 24 hours thing. the used game thing in my mind is not that big of deal as people making it feel like.

I don't want to hear about those that regret it either wether it be for themselves or for resale, a true cheapass would never buy this system and would play the 360, PS3 and whatever other systems they have and just exhaust the game libraries on them.

Lack of games on the Wii U would not be a problem if people just waited until 2-3 years into a console's life. If lack of games is still a problem after that then its obviously a failed platform that no one should be buying. Every launch console is the same, lack of games, this one will be no different, especially with no backwards compatibility.
im sorry but im a gamer before im a CAG which is why i just spent 900 bucks on a legit gaming pc. Their are some games only coming to x1 and ps4 that i want to play so these systems are a must for me.

I plan to play every 360 and ps3 game in my library  before considering these systems. There are some games that look pretty great but I have no need to invest that kind of money. I will stop buying mediocre games from this gen though. No more Rogue Warriors wasting my time. :)

Gaming has always been my hobby, but Microsoft has made it NOT my hobby anymore. I 'currently' have no problem with anything that the does/doesn't do, but the main problem that I 'may' have in the future is making me not want the Xbox One, and that is 24 connection period. As I've stated before, I plan to have internet access my entire life, but life changes by the second, and the possiblity of me not being able to game because of a connectivily issue, displeases me, and I won't support the system because of it.

I will stand my ground by not buying the Xbox One, and this is coming from an Xbox maniac as well as one of the biggest game fanatics out there.

:)

that is the main thing im upset about is the 24 hour connection thing but sadly it's just the type of world we live in now and sooner or later people will have to accept it

that is the main thing im upset about is the 24 hour connection thing but sadly it's just the type of world we live in now and sooner or later people will have to accept it

After 24 you just have to resync it doesn't lock you out completely.
Yeah no one is tweeting and I cannot watch right now...is it on?

Nope almost 15 minutes late

Cue closed caption in

So, who preordered already?

i did on amazon

Ditto and they said they are almost out of day one editions about an hour ago

It'll only happen sooner if people accept it sooner. ;)

pc gamers have accepted it for years now but i forgot seeing people say if your a TRUE gamer you would not accepte stuff like drm

Sony apparently thinks the next generation is full of dubstep

Can't believe they are leading with the damn Vita

Gaming has always been my hobby, but Microsoft has made it NOT my hobby anymore. I 'currently' have no problem with anything that the does/doesn't do, but the main problem that I 'may' have in the future is making me not want the Xbox One, and that is 24 connection period. As I've stated before, I plan to have internet access my entire life, but life changes by the second, and the possiblity of me not being able to game because of a connectivily issue, displeases me, and I won't support the system because of it.

I will stand my ground by not buying the Xbox One, and this is coming from an Xbox maniac as well as one of the biggest game fanatics out there.

This is my problem, I have no idea where I will be in 2-5 years (I could be homeless for all I know) so I don't need to be spending $500 on a box and content that will have no resale value. For rich people and people with tons of disposable income that they will presumably have forever that is great but it just doesn't work for me. But for those trying to save a buck because they need to save a buck the price tag just doesn't work.

I have Internet now obviously but Internet is not everywhere, wifi is not everywhere either, if free Internet was guaranteed and available everywhere in the USA then I would have no problem with this. But even then there is always sever problems, and power problems to worry about. There are also outages like the great PSN outage that would disable this system completely. There are also natural disasters like Sandy that can knock out power for months, now obviously in that case I wouldn't be playing anything but in that case you could be without power or Internet for a month or 2 or longer which would render this useless when potentially a handheld could be played.

I'm ok with the DRM stuff, but the 24 hour thing needs a work around. It is way too risky with the way it is being laid out right now. A Sony style shut down of XBL or anything of that nature and MS faces a HUGE backlash. 

sony first party games should not be coming out so close to ps4 launch. you want me to pay 60 bucks or a ps3 game when your new system is out 3-4 weeks later

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back