Xbox One owners - dumping the 360?

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Are you? When will Microsoft? I plan on keeping it around for a while for Rock Band and some downloadales. How long will microsoft make games for the 360? I remember when the Xbox 360 came out, they dumped the original Xbox right away.

Are you? When will Microsoft? I plan on keeping it around for a while for Rock Band and some downloadales. How long will microsoft make games for the 360? I remember when the Xbox 360 came out, they dumped the original Xbox right away.
The last 360 exclusive that i can think of was Gears Judgment. They have already abandoned it as far as i can tell.

i've got plenty to catch up myself ;)

i was content staying with the 360 for a while yet.. but my console doesn't sound like it's gonna last to much longer anyway (and i sure aint buyin another 360 if it dies at this point)

not much to do but bargain bin buy and save for next gen now IMO. nothing to look forward to on the 360.

Keeping mine still got a backlog of 9. It'll be moved to the living room next to the org. Xbox that I still use.

Why would you abandon the 360? Still plenty of titles left that aren't coming to the X1

- DBZ Battle of Z

- Fable Anniversary

- Dark Souls 2

- Lords of Shadow 2

- FFXIII-2

- Earth Defense Force 2025

- South Park Stick of Truth

- Ninja Gaiden Z

- Games that came out recently but weren't released on the X1, biggest one for me was Batman Arkham Origins and GTA V.

Granted some of those titles may come to X1, but none are confirmed. Lastly, if you have Xbox Live gold you will get two free games a month. So far nothing special but free is free.

I don't see MS dropping support, In terms of free games with gold for another 3 years. I do see them however dropping support when it comes to making new titles. Project Spark and Fable Anniversary will probably be their last two 360 titles. I'm not sure about Xbox Live but it doesn't seem like something they will drop for another 4+ years if sales continue to do well, and even then will probably have some system in place for DLC and re-downloading games to avoid backlash from consumers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you abandon the 360? Still plenty of titles left that aren't coming to the X1
- DBZ Battle of Z
- Fable Anniversary
- Dark Souls 2
- Lords of Shadow 2
- FFXIII-2
- Earth Defense Force 2025
- South Park Stick of Truth
- Ninja Gaiden Z
- Games that came out recently but weren't released on the X1, biggest one for me was Batman Arkham Origins and GTA V.

Granted some of those titles may come to X1, but none are confirmed. Lastly, if you have Xbox Live gold you will get two free games a month. So far nothing special but free is free.

I don't see MS dropping support, In terms of free games with gold for another 3 years. I do see them however dropping support when it comes to making new titles. Project Spark and Fable Anniversary will probably be their last two 360 titles.
With the exception of South Park, that list is full of games that hold no interest for me.

Well no doubt if you own a PS3 as well theres seems a lot less reason to keep playing the 360 in terms of future exclusive titles. Looks like PS3 is getting a lot of nice JRPGS next year .

I'd say by E3 if nothing gets announced then it will surely just be multiplatforms from here on out. I don't foresee many companies going PS3/360 only come late 2014 when more and more people will own PS4s and XB1s.

After the PS3 launched it still saw: God of War 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, Fire Pro Returns, Odin Sphere, Rogue Galaxy, Yakuza 2, Devil Summoner 2. Both the Wii and PS2 saw a late Sakura Wars port. I don't think there will be that much luck after late 2014, but that's just my thoughts.

Keeping mine for the online games I bought plus need to beat the batman games.

Was much easier dumping the PS3. Had one back logged game (Uncharted 1 lol) and the One plays blu-rays.

I'll probably dump my backup 360 and my only PS3 but don't know if I'll ever get rid of my main 360.  Way to many XBLA games on there and retail games on my shelf just sitting around still unplayed and I'm sure I'll still be buying some more 360 games as well.  This will be the first time I've ever kept last gens console around, going all the way back to the NES I would trade in the last gen to help me buy the next gen.  Eventually when I make my way through all the games I'll probably still keep it around just to be a spare Netflix machine.

I still have more games to play on 360 than I do on my One.  Eventually that will shift, but for now I still have plenty to play on 360.

Old arrangement - Xbox 360 in living room, PS3 in son's room, Wii in daughters room

new arrangement - Xbox One in living room, Xbox 360 in son's room, Wii in daughters room, PS3 was given to my mother as a bluray player

My son is crazy happy, i dont think any xmas gift will top him getting the 360 in his room....getting Ghosts might come close though

I dumped my 360 over the summer as I'd played all the exclusives on it that interested me and saw nothing else exclusive coming in the future that I wanted.

Microsoft already stated back at E3 this year that they're supporting the Xbox 360 for 3 years. There's a big difference in support from the original Xbox and the Xbox 360. Microsoft jump started their console forte and it cost them a lot in the beginning. Abandoning the Xbox 360 with such a high user base would be out of the question in a business sense, especially with the Xbox One not being backwards compatible. Halo 2 and Splinter Cell were two online games that were played until the plug was pulled on original Xbox games on Xbox Live. There's an even bigger community now and expect support for the Xbox 360 up until 2016.

I have 12 backlog games still to play and I can't imagine getting rid of the 360 even if new games no longer are made for it.  It takes a good 6 months for a new console to have enough of a library to keep me busy.  Also some people may never upgrade to the Xbox One so playing online on the 360 is a must.

I still have a 360 backlog and at the very least am keeping mine until they find a way to bring Mass Effect and Halo over to next-gen.

No way in hell I'll ever dump the 360. Besides the massive backlog I still have, I need Rock Band and the hundreds and hundreds of songs I bought/won.

Don't have an XBone yet, waiting to see how the hardware holds up and how MS does with supporting it without fucking over the consumer too badly. As long as I like what I see I'll probably get one around Titanfall time.

Nope - my wife and daughter play Disney Infinity on it. The next X exclusive I'm looking forward to is Titanfall which is also coming to the 360. I'm getting an Xbox One sometime next year - I just don't know when yet...

Not getting rid of mine.  I have a stack of 360 games I'd like to play.  If I ever get around to playing them is another question.

I currently have a Wii U, 360, Xbox One and PS4 hooked up to my main TV.  My PS3 is hooked up in my office.  One day my 360 will be moved to my office as well.

bread's done
Back