Xbox One TV?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So is it worth it to hook my cable box up through my Xbox One with no Kinect?  I have FIOS if it matters.  Is there any benefit to doing this other than not having to switch inputs to toggle back and forth?

Just curious if I should rearrange the rats nest of wires...

Me personally, I do not . I think it will be a hassle for me to connect it when the cable box is still working and doing its job lol.

I do and it's pretty nice.

Granted I say pretty nice but it's only if you get a lot of xbox messages or party invites. It's nice to be watching tv and see oh you got a message or party invite and then be able to go from there.

I don't use the included TV guide though,

Without Kinect I'd say it's not worth it that much.  I absolutely love being able to control TV with my voice though instead of having to use a remote.  The other day my wife and I were eating chicken wings in front of the TV and wanted to change the channel.  Rather than having to clean off my hands, grab the remote, change it.  I just used my voice. 

The voice controls are  a great feature that I really didn't think I'd enjoy as much as I do.  It's too bad that feature and the TV integration in general is being so overlooked because they really are a well thought out and intuitive system feature of the One.

bread's done
Back