Xbox One X, Minecraft Xbox One LE Console Preorders

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Standard Edition now available for preorder!

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-1tb-console-black/5919707.p?skuId=5919707

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506002838&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=xbox+one+x&psc=1

Gamestop - https://www.gamestop.com/collection/xbox-one-x

Walmart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/55849661

------

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Console

• Limited

• Custom Console Texture( standard version has smooth texture )

• Green Project Scorpio Edition lettering on console/controller

• Sexy packaging

• $500

Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-Project-Scorpio-Edition-1TB-Console-FMP-00001/55849661

Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-project-scorpio-edition/8ZJH508RNQL0

Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-1tb-console-black/5919711.p?skuId=5919711

Target: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-x/-/A-52614582?clkid=4432faf9Na0022f7e6beaa8d89c52fa9a&lnm=79373&afid=VigLink&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002#lnk=sametab

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B01GW8VG7O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=8b2a8b47eee3e828c9d0600c32aff039

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-project-scorpio-edition/152559?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-1JGV3A1oyR5dvt6WKxVYmw

Gamestop Elite controller bundle: http://www.gamestop.com/consoles/bronze-xbox-one-x-elite-controller-bundle/152671?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-yxGFQUVGSoXSlOI5NaQusg

qdqnl7w.jpg

-------

Xbox One S Minecraft Limited Edition Console

• 1TB Hard Drive

• Custom Console/Stand/Controller

• $400

Microsoft Store (console)- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-s-1tb-console-minecraft-limited-edition-bundle/8ngxsgcqr2vr

Controller (green): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-wireless-controller-minecraft-creeper-limited-edition/8stgmjplqw9w

Controller (pink): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-wireless-controller-minecraft-pig-limited-edition/8mh5xk4s0tv2

Target: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-s-1tb-minecraft-limited-edition-bundle/-/A-52711428#lnk=sametab

rFll8mk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gSQZk0Crg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I think we'll have a Wii/WiiU type situation on our hands with the naming of this console. Sounds too similar to the lesser version, I think they should have kept Scorpio.

I kind of felt the same way. I mean it's not near as bad as parents thinking it's an add-on and skipping it entirely...but I can imagine some parents thinking....well this S is bigger AND is cheaper....
I've been hearing this all day, and it's a dumb argument.

Microsoft does not care which version of the console you buy because all of them have access to the same games, and they make the vast majority of their money on software sales (both their exclusives and the cut they get from marketplace purchases) and all games work on all versions of Xbone.

The Wii vs. Wii U was a problem because the consoles had different games. Not the same.

However, I feel bad for anyone working retail. This'll be a headache for them, not MS.

Lol. When it hits the shelf I'll get you that.
It's 5* months away. Prices do not fluctuate that much between now and then.

Xbox X all 4K games

Xbox X play all 360 games

Xbox X will soon play all Original XBOX games with upgrade graphic.

Xbox X drop kick SONY on the face.''

Xbox will outsell SONY this Holiday Season.

They said true 4K multiple times. Why is this not true 4K? I'm not trying to be snarky.
i dont know, i was just trying to make people mad about 4k. i watch 4k blu rays, stream 4k, the shits barely any different than 1080p, at least hdr brightens things up and adds some color, all 4k is good for is seeing how much makeup everyone on tv has on.

Can't say much about HZD as i don't have a PS Pro, but the current HDR games on Xbox S look amazing. Though i was really blown away with Forza 7 and Anthem in 4K HDR. I actually had Anthem side by side on my LG OLED and my Surface 3 and the difference in detail and color were astonishing!!! Can't want to see what else is to come.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Can't say much about HZD as i don't have a PS Pro, but the current HDR games on Xbox S look amazing. Though i was really blown away with Forza 7 and Anthem in 4K HDR. I actually had Anthem side by side on my LG OLED and my Surface 3 and the difference in detail and color were astonishing!!! Can't want to see what else is to come.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
How were you able to demo Forza 7 and Anthem with HDR already?

http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-how-microsofts-xbox-one-x-compares-to-a-pc/

According to the dudes that know it compares to a current 500$ build. So in four months? Go with the chewbacca defense. 60% of the time it works EVERYtime.
They admit there's some deficiencies (specifically with DDR5 and memory bandwith) and you forget the current massive cost of a 4K bluray disc player.

Also, your point was it being behind a $500 PC. Which it isn't, and it won't be in 5* months. Checkmate, elitist.

If MS would have gone the Sony route and not put in a 4K BluRay drive it would be a hard pass but the fact that it is there makes the $500 price tag much more palatable in my mind since most stand alone 4K BluRay players cost $200+.

You buy the Xbox X... how long before MS release their 4th generation console. I'm sticking with the switch and a pro for now. I don't event have a 4k TV and I don't know when I'll pick one up. I may rethink my stance, if GS offers a deal I can't refuse on an Xbox One trade in.
if you don't have a 4k tv, what would be the reason of having a pro? not bashing just asking.

They admit there's some deficiencies (specifically with DDR5 and memory bandwith) and you forget the current massive cost of a 4K bluray disc player.

Also, your point was it being behind a $500 PC. Which it isn't, and it won't be in 5* months. Checkmate, elitist.
Sigh. Dumb fanboys are dumb.

Wrong.

I dare you to put a build together that has better specs than the Xbone X. They're very obviously taking a loss on the hardware.
CPU is still a super weak Jaguar.. so all he needs is a cheap Ryzen combo and an RX580 and he could easily make a superior system.

CPU is still a super weak Jaguar.. so all he needs is a cheap Ryzen combo and an RX580 and he could easily make a superior system.
CPU is definitely the weakest point of the system (my biggest disappointment), but the hardware has the edge on the RX580, read the PC Gamer article.

if you don't have a 4k tv, what would be the reason of having a pro? not bashing just asking.
The pro is a huge joke - but you can choose between stable frame rates and higher resolution in many titles. IMHO it was just a shitty place holder to get the competition to waste time one upping it- pretty much a one year buffer on console development.

These things are just guts if you don't make games people want / exclusives.

I don't agree that the Pro is a huge joke, really enjoying mine.  I also think the Xbox One X is a great system, I just think they priced it incorrectly.. I'm sure there is going to be a black Friday special that gets one for around $400 either by piling on additional games accessories or gift cards or whatever, and that will be my buy price.

CPU is definitely the weakest point of the system (my biggest disappointment), but the hardware has the edge on the RX580, read the PC Gamer article.
You should read it too. Lol four months away.

"In terms of desktops, at $500 the Xbox One X competes with our cheap gaming PC build guide. And for the price, the specs are pretty similar."

I don't agree that the Pro is a huge joke, really enjoying mine. I also think the Xbox One X is a great system, I just think they priced it incorrectly.. I'm sure there is going to be a black Friday special that gets one for around $400 either by piling on additional games accessories or gift cards or whatever, and that will be my buy price.
Maybe. Folks bought the switch in droves- why? Zelda. Even though it was available on Wii U. Get a killer app that needs this thing and I'm in. I don't see that on PS4 pro either - which I do own but wouldn't buy again if I knew then what I do know.

Honestly people just need to admit that PC is always going to be better than console, its not an opinion its fact.

Now if you're too lazy to just buy a gaming PC thats fine, but dont be ignorant and act like Xbox One X is better than any PC on the market.

You should read it too. Lol four months away.

"In terms of desktops, at $500 the Xbox One X competes with our cheap gaming PC build guide. And for the price, the specs are pretty similar."
I read the majority of the article, I guess you didn't.

Scorpio's GPU has 40 customized compute units clocked at 1172MHz; and Scorpio boasts a generous 12GB of GDDR5 RAM with a memory bandwidth of 326GB/s—substantially higher than the 8GB and 256GB/s of AMD's RX 580 PC graphics card. To get that kind of memory on a PC graphics card, you'll have to step up to a GeForce Titan Xp.
Scorpio's generous RAM capacity and high bandwidth come into play because Scorpio is poised to do 4K gaming—although we're not sure if this will apply across all titles. You're essentially looking at up to 15-percent better performance from Scorpio than a plain RX 480. We figure performance will be close to the RX 580, but with more bandwidth.

This bandwidth allows the Xbox One X to do higher resolution 4K gaming, as long as the developers don't go overboard on things that rely on computational performance.
Sounds like "the edge" on a RX580 to me.

Honestly people just need to admit that PC is always going to be better than console in terms of power and graphic fidelity, its not an opinion its fact.

Now if you're too lazy to just buy a gaming PC thats fine, but dont be ignorant and act like Xbox One X is better than any PC on the market.
FTFY: If people don't want to deal with an OS and drivers then a PC isn't superior.. if people like cheevos or trophies then PC isn't an option for them.. it really just depends on your priorities.

Don't cherry pick.

"But don't mistake the GPU specs in Scorpio for equivalent PC power. There is no chance in hell the Scorpio's graphics power is anywhere near that of a Titan Xp just because it has the same amount of memory. If you were to buy something equivalent, expect an AMD RX 580 or GeForce GTX 1060, but those desktop graphics cards have less video memory."

Honestly people just need to admit that PC is always going to be better than console, its not an opinion its fact.

Playing devils advocate as I've been throughout this thread/ you're 100% correct but there is a bit of a learning curve to keep a pc healthy etc. I haven't turned mine on since November. It's really become a powerful gaming station but technology has left it behind elsewhere.

It's not fact, it's subjective.. if people don't want to deal with an OS and drivers then a PC isn't superior.. if people like cheevos or trophies then PC isn't an option for them.. it really just depends on your priorities.
Im talking about in terms of graphics and having the best looking games.

I own almost all consoles and enjoy them but I'm not ignorant enough to think they are better than having a gaming PC.

Personally, I never said that PC as a whole didn't have its advantage over consoles. But saying "lol PC always is better than console" IS an opinion, as several people in this thread have pointed out that better optimization, less troubleshooting and plug and play is preferable to them. All of these things are not tied to being too lazy to build a gaming PC (though that's another reason).

The Xbox One X is definitely better than a number of PCs on the market, but of course most of those are low-end. My argument has just been that it has better specs than a $500 PC, which by all accounts, it seems to.

Don't cherry pick.

"But don't mistake the GPU specs in Scorpio for equivalent PC power. There is no chance in hell the Scorpio's graphics power is anywhere near that of a Titan Xp just because it has the same amount of memory. If you were to buy something equivalent, expect an AMD RX 580 or GeForce GTX 1060, but those desktop graphics cards have less video memory."
Not cherrypicking, never claimed it was as good as a Titan XP. Just has the edge on a RX580.

The main advantage of a gaming PC as that its not a locked eco system and does more than just gaming.

Also, lets not forget the money you save not having to pay for online gaming.

Don't cherry pick.

Correct.

This was their conclusion. With this said anything in the middle is just geek talk and won't get you passed the verdict.

Im talking about in terms of graphics and having the best looking games.

I own almost all consoles and enjoy them but I'm not ignorant enough to think they are better than having a gaming PC.
lol I actually edited my post and it basically says this.. :)

Correct.

This was their conclusion. With this said anything in the middle is just geek talk and won't get you passed the verdict.
Guess you're one of those people that just reads the headlines.

Don't forget that they have a vested interest in getting you to buy a PC with parts from their guide (they admit on the page they get a cut).

I'm not calling them liars, but it's in their best interest to maintain that TL;DR position for people who can't be bothered to read the article. If you read the article, you realize there's caveats which they explain.

And AGAIN, their guide doesn't include a 4K bluray disc drive which alone is at least $100 - $150.

The main advantage of a gaming PC as that its not a locked eco system and does more than just gaming.

Personally I enjoy physical media but I realize that's going the way of the dinosaur, getting on an ark and beaching in Kentucky at some knockaloop museum.

Each time I pay for a physical game and see that steam or what not has it for 25% of the lowest I can find... I realize I'm a fukun dolt. Oh well.

Xbox X all 4K games
Xbox X play all 360 games
Xbox X will soon play all Original XBOX games with upgrade graphic.

Xbox X drop kick SONY on the face.''
Xbox will outsell SONY this Holiday Season.
Because people are rushing to drop $500 on an upgraded legacy console. $500. They missed so bad with that mark it's not even funny. Get some new games that play on it and you near a grand. Microsoft always overprices and falls behind. This is no different.

Guess you're one of those people that just reads the headlines.
Don't forget that they have a vested interest in getting you to buy a PC with parts from their guide (they admit on the page they get a cut).
I'm not calling them liars, but it's in their best interest to maintain that TL;DR position for people who can't be bothered to read the article. If you read the article, you realize there's caveats which they explain.

And AGAIN, their guide doesn't include a 4K bluray disc drive which alone is at least $100 - $150.
Medical doctor who writes and reviews professional journal articles. I know how to sort the fluff.

I think they may be implying that a 4K BD drive is not required to download steam games.

Ecosystem is becoming more and more locked with Steam's semi-monopoly (fortunately 3rd party key sites exist) and the W10 store (which does not have such 3rd party sites), but I agree with what you're saying otherwise. Again, I've already said PC gaming has its advantages.

Medical doctor who writes and reviews professional journal articles. I know how to sort the fluff.

I think they may be implying that a 4K BD drive is not required to download steam games.
Nice humble brag. No wonder you're so arrogant.

You don't technically need a 4K BD drive for an Xbone either, but it's there and it has value to plenty of people.

Ecosystem is becoming more and more locked with Steam's semi-monopoly (fortunately 3rd party key sites exist) and the W10 store (which does not have such 3rd party sites), but I agree with what you're saying otherwise. Again, I've already said PC gaming has its advantages.
Ok. So I think we are slowly coming to the same place here- what advantage does Xbox gaming provide over the rest on the industry ecosystem? This is where I'm having trouble. Seeing that I already own a pc that can do all this and play most Xbox exclusives. Xbox is basically becoming a lazy man's windows pc.

Arrogant? Seems unfair to say that because I'm trained but fine. Definitely not butt hurt.

Xbox is basically becoming a lazy man's windows pc.
I wouldn't disagree with that description, though of course there's some exclusive features such as backwards compatibility.

What I took issue with you saying was that "lol the Xbone X is already behind a $500 PC" which is, as I've explained several times, untrue.

I wouldn't disagree with that description, though of course there's some exclusive features such as backwards compatibility.
What I took issue with you saying was that "lol the Xbone X is already behind a $500 PC" which is as I've explained several times, untrue.
True. It's not currently behind. It's also not currently here. But I conceded you are correct on that point you took issue with.

Games like the ones below do output better visuals even on 1080p HDTVs when played on a PS4 Pro.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

PS4 Pro with a 1080p display:

Improved shadow maps, extra detail, and enhanced colors. It'll feature higher quality anisotropic filtering, which means upgraded texture sampling, resulting in more detailed environments. Additionally, supersampling will render Horizon's resolution at a resolution "close to 4K" and then shrink it down to 1080p.

Hitman

Hitman for PS4 Pro will still have "higher quality shading and less flickering highlights" on a 1080p set.

Killing Floor 2

Increased framerate and supersampling, as well as increased texture resolutions.

Source: GameSpot

I'm just glad they announced it in black! Only thing that stopped me from jumping on an XboxOneS this whole time was the white aesthetic
I waited many months hoping for a black Xbox One S. I caved eventually since I wanted a 4K player. The white is nice but it sticks out with everything else being black.

bread's done
Back