XBOX Originals - Gen Discussion & Info - 11/17 Zapper 1200pts

[quote name='ICEPICC']I prefer my games on DVD disk.

I dont like to jam up my harddrive.

if you buy a download, you cant resell it or lend it out, etc[/quote]

Exactly, and if you get a new 360 you'll probably have the same DRM issues that arcade games have. :bomb: I say thanks, but no thanks.

[quote name='scuba t']you know what would be awesome? Guitar Hero coming out on this. I know it's only in my dreams though.[/QUOTE]

Especially since it was never on the Xbox.

I refuse to buy these....unless they added online multiplayer for Halo. I mean how tough is that...they have the system link set up, and people used to play this online with some XBOX Connect Service running through the PC when it first came out. Just give us that, and it would be great for some Old School Halo action.

Maybe it's just this initial selection of games, but I don't see the point. If I was that interested in the games, I'd either have already bought them, or I'll look for them used. I'd rather pay 15-20 bucks for a used HTF game that I then have a physical copy of than 15 bucks for a digital, limited, "warning may crash your console" version.

I can't see this taking off. Even with achievements, this is a $15 game that you can get for $5 or less more often than not. Also, if you really feel that badly about the companies not making money, why not just buy the game used, and cut them a check, saying you want their company to have the money. I'm sure they won't have a problem cashing your check.

Also on BC, I'm sad that this is likely the last generation of BC. I think BC is something that many consumers actually like having (how much conversation takes place on message boards regarding it, more than most other "extras" on a system). It is upsetting that I'm sure things like adding a "Blue Ray" player to a system will continue in the future, yet something the consumers actually want will get ditched due to costs.

well, even though everyone sems down on this...

I downloaded Psychonauts and I've been playing it the last couple of days and I couldn't be happier!

Downloading it from my living room beats scavenger hunting for it at the local Gamestop/Pawnshop!

well, even though everyone seems down on this...

I downloaded Psychonauts and I've been playing it the last couple of days and I couldn't be happier!

Downloading it from my living room beats scavenger hunting for it at the local Gamestop/Pawnshop!

Lmao burnout 3 takedown.. in support of the new burnout obviously :)

Meh.. Put on Dino Crisis 3 so i can finally play it after 2 years..

Yes. I agree. Adding Halo with no Online Multiplayer seems like a kick in the nuts.

Here we got tons of Arcade games, where you can buy for 400, 800 or 1200 points. And some of them you can play with friends over XBL!

And then you have the Grand Daddy of them all. Halo, being put for a digital download on XBLMP without Online Play?

...Yea, I'll be buying that this very instant....

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Lmao burnout 3 takedown.. in support of the new burnout obviously :)
[/quote]

Yea, I saw Burnout 3 in some of the videos they posted of XB Originals when it first came out so I just assumed it was released at launch. Guess I didn't pay much attention seeing that I have zero interest in paying this much for downloadable versions of these games. I did feel like playing Burnout 3 yesterdat so I picked it up along with another game for $9 total at GS using the B1G1 coupon. :applause: Can't beat that. Sorry XB Originals... ;)

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
Meh.. Put on Dino Crisis 3 so i can finally play it after 2 years..[/quote]

qft

I almost bought this in store once but the disc looked like ass

Great quote I heard when listening to the Major Nelson podcast. They were talking about xbox originals & co-host 'e' mentioned how nice it was to have Burnout right on the 360HD via xbox originals as opposed to having to get the disc out. It really made me LOL. Sometimes those guys are such shills for all things MS, then again they are MS employees so it can be expected.

I think they'll add achievements by the end of the year. One of the things with the updates shows original XB games i've played on my gamer tab with "0 of 0 achievements".. it'll happen.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Great quote I heard when listening to the Major Nelson podcast. They were talking about xbox originals & co-host 'e' mentioned how nice it was to have Burnout right on the 360HD via xbox originals as opposed to having to get the disc out. It really made me LOL. Sometimes those guys are such shills for all things MS, then again they are MS employees so it can be expected.[/quote]

Actually, I can see their point. Everytime I start playing Psychonauts I think to myself how nice it is not to have to get up and hunt around for the cases and switch the discs, etc.

[quote name='doc_zaius']Actually, I can see their point. Everytime I start playing Psychonauts I think to myself how nice it is not to have to get up and hunt around for the cases and switch the discs, etc.[/quote]

Not a fan of organization and cleanliness?

[quote name='Scorch']I think they'll add achievements by the end of the year. One of the things with the updates shows original XB games i've played on my gamer tab with "0 of 0 achievements".. it'll happen.[/QUOTE]

Yes!! I noticed that too! I find it very weird that it'll come up in your history like that.. but it doesn't show up on your games played history (like on our gamercards)

[quote name='Scorch']Not a fan of organization and cleanliness?[/quote]

Bigger fan of laziness. Once I'm on that couch, why the hell should I get up to switch discs? Moving is for losers!

[quote name='Scorch']I think they'll add achievements by the end of the year. One of the things with the updates shows original XB games i've played on my gamer tab with "0 of 0 achievements".. it'll happen.[/quote]

I doubt it. I think the reason they put these things on the network to begin with was because it's probably relatively easy to do so, no re-engineering involved. they just strip the code off of the disc and force it down the inter tubes.

adding acheivements would require re-visiting the game and redoing a lot of coding for them to work and i doubt they are willing to put the time and money into that.

But I would love to see them do it.

I admit, I like the fact all my Arcade games are on there and easily accessible. Very supportive of my short attention span.
And I can definitely see why they'd push XBLO instead of BC....BC requires they work and code for no financial benefit, since they see nothing from used game sales. Cut off BC, and sell digital, nontransferable versions of old games that require very little overhead other than some minor code modification and the server space, and profit; and they're getting people more used to digital download of full game content. The customer's main benefit is convenience and availability, the rest of the benefit is to MS.

[quote name='Scorch']I think they'll add achievements by the end of the year. One of the things with the updates shows original XB games i've played on my gamer tab with "0 of 0 achievements".. it'll happen.[/quote]

Are you talking about disc games as well? Because my brother was playing Battlefront 2 the other day and it showed that as well.

But I'm pretty proud. Went to GC, found 3 copies of Crimson Skies for 5 bucks. GC had b2g1 free on 5 buck games. Needless to say, me and 2 of my friends got the game. It is a pretty fun game... But I wouldn't even think about spending 1200 points on it.

I wanted to play KotOR so i went to my local gamestore to see if they had a second hand copy. They told me that the game is going to be released on xbox originals before the summer. Now I know how many people here thing about xbox originals but this game is such a bitch to find these days and 1200 points for a game like KotOR is worth it imho.

The problem is that I can't find any information about this release on google.
Can anyone confirm that Kotor is going to be released on xbox originals?

Edit - NM.. I just saw that you said you are in Europe. I don't think you can use Goozex then. :(

If you haven't yet, you could sign up for Goozex http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=559543179646 and request it from someone on there. It's 100 points and all sign ups during April get 100 points and 1 trade credit immediately after signing up. I have it on the way to me as we speak.

I just checked and there are 7 copies in Active and 57 copies on hold. There are currently 3 requesters that are in Ready status. So, you would currently be 4th in line, but that doesn't always mean that it will take a while. Besides, if it is costing you nothing but time, than patience is worth it. It is better than blowing xbox live points on the game. I don't think that it would take very long to get the match though.

I used to own the game, but got rid of it when I got rid of my old XBox. I never did finish it and decided that for 100 points on Goozex, it would be worth it to get it again.

[quote name='kaaspeer']I wanted to play KotOR so i went to my local gamestore to see if they had a second hand copy. They told me that the game is going to be released on xbox originals before the summer. Now I know how many people here thing about xbox originals but this game is such a bitch to find these days and 1200 points for a game like KotOR is worth it imho.

The problem is that I can't find any information about this release on google.
Can anyone confirm that Kotor is going to be released on xbox originals?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be suprised if it was released on the Originals service, but haven't heard anything.

But you should know that the Original game downloads use the same emulation as the BC list so have the same problems. With KOTOR expect a bunch of smaller issues (framerate drops, slowdown, freezing, audio glitches).

I had a bunch of problems with KOTOR 2.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I wouldn't be suprised if it was released on the Originals service, but haven't heard anything.

But you should know that the Original game downloads use the same emulation as the BC list so have the same problems. With KOTOR expect a bunch of smaller issues (framerate drops, slowdown, freezing, audio glitches).

I had a bunch of problems with KOTOR 2.[/quote]

Basically the pc version would be a better choice then? That's a shame i kinda wanted to play it on my new tv.

Anyway thanks for the help everyone. Being in a random village sucks maybe i'll go look at some other gamestores and take those glitches for granted or just get the pc version on the cheap.

Kotor2 runs very badly on 360, I had to take out my old Xbox to play it when a friend lent it to me.

[quote name='Dyson']Kotor2 runs very badly on 360, I had to take out my old Xbox to play it when a friend lent it to me.[/QUOTE]

It also runs pretty badly on PC. I think the only platform it did run right on was the old xbox.

[quote name='mogshaz']It also runs pretty badly on PC. I think the only platform it did run right on was the old xbox.[/quote]I was surprised to see that KOTOR 2 ran slower on my laptop than TF2. :whistle2:s

And yea, didn't fare much better on the 360. Controls didn't seem responsive at all and there were some audio glitches.

Errr I think a lot of your are forgetting KOTOR 2 ran like crap on the original Xbox, game was a mess. Huge framerate issues while doing nothing but walking around

Edit: LOL At least one person didn't forget

If it runs like crap on both systems i'll just get the pc version, it's easier to get and I can always hook my pc up on my tv through VGA.

Thanks for the info everyone.

bread's done
Back