Xbox Points 4000 pts 39.99 eBay Blast Deal

[quote name='Odinsfury']It never hurts to build up points at this price...[/QUOTE]

I grab one every time they do this...bonus is that it's easier to do the math in my head when I actually spend them. :)

Thanks much OP!

Bought 2 of them since I'm running low on points. I got charged tax for them and they'll ship instead of being directly e-mailed to me but I'm saving enough on them that it's still a good deal.

This should be bumped. I love parity points.

Limit 3. Free shipping in the US. And I am in TX and I paid no sales tax.

Grabbed one and was going to post the deal here - glad I searched and found this thread first. About 2 hours and 45 minutes left on this deal.

I'm pretty sure the tax depends on which state you are buying it from and whether buy.com operates from within your state. No tax from Michigan here makes this a great deal for me. I've ordered this 3 times so far, the last time was the quickest and I got it within a week.

[quote name='Flesseck']How do you know if they're charging tax on this? Does it show it in your purchase review?[/QUOTE]

From the auction FAQ:

Q: Sales Tax?
A:
You must pay sales tax if you ship to: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Tennessee, or Washington. By law, sales tax is automatically computed on products and shipping charges.

Ugh, the deal buyer in me wants lol But don't really need jsut yet with 7200 points banked as of today, well i got points when tru did their sale a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='Flesseck']How do you know if they're charging tax on this? Does it show it in your purchase review?[/QUOTE]

I hit the buy now and it showed 9% sales tax. No sale for me then.... that stinks.

[quote name='ShadowMillions']Bit on this. Seems like they are doing this once a month as of late.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool, because I wanted to buy 2 but, you know - RENT and shit. Fooey.

No idea why I got one too. I'm on the way to 7k pts in the bank. That's going to take a while to spend with my habits.

Somebody with good trade feedback please buy me a code and sell it to me for cost in 2 weeks. I'm good for it!

2,210 sold as of a minute ago, and this deal is still rolling? Pretty amazing. I bought another 4k card even though I have plenty of points banked . . . hard to resist this kind of deal! Thanks OP for the heads up.

Had $7 that had been refunded to me sitting in my paypal from an Ikki Tousen figure I bought that was damaged and a $1.04 paypal gift card balance, so that combined with no tax meant it was an easy buy.

went ahead and got one last night. Mainly just for techno kitten adventure, as my niece loves that game. I usually hate getting DLC games because its not something you can really keep for long term. What with drm bs and stuff =(

ah well not sure what i'll do with the rest of the points

[quote name='chimpmeister']From the auction FAQ:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's a generic FAQ that is meant to cover products.

I can walk into a local Gamestop or Best Buy in California and pay the face value of the card without paying tax. I've never paid tax on a points card. You can buy the points through Microsoft online and you only pay the face value as well.

It might be a new California law. Who knows. But I dread the day that happens.

These are hard to resist... and I already had 6000 MS Points stocked up :p But I like using these in combination with the XBLA sales.. true value! :D Thanks OP.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm sure that's a generic FAQ that is meant to cover products.

I can walk into a local Gamestop or Best Buy in California and pay the face value of the card without paying tax. I've never paid tax on a points card. You can buy the points through Microsoft online and you only pay the face value as well.

It might be a new California law. Who knows. But I dread the day that happens.[/QUOTE]

ya i thought the tax was bs. STill bit on it though, but it wasn't as good a deal as i thought. I think this guy is just scamming people out of 3 or 4 bucks

I got one, no tax for me and i needed $30 worth for the gears 3 season pass mis well buy this and save some $$ on it xD

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm sure that's a generic FAQ that is meant to cover products.

It might be a new California law. Who knows. But I dread the day that happens.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they shouldn't be charging tax on these 4000 point cards at all, it isn't appropriate . . . but they do it anyway, so what can you do? People in those states are pretty much screwed when it comes to this kind of auction, since buy.com doesn't differentiate. Bummer.

bread's done
Back