Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful trying to buy on the MS store. A thanksgiving sale for the xbox one years ago got my bing and id banned because the site had issues, and I kept trying to checkout after the page reloaded again and again....not knowing that multiple purchase attempts were showing on their end...I was just trying to checkout. They banned me, I had to go through several weeks of MS support before I got my xbox it back, but my bing account stayed perma-banned. Never doing that again, lol, I can wait to buy it off shelf.

I got to a cart and to the end of checkout as soon as Target went up.  Couldn't ever place the order.  Now it does nothing when I try to add to cart except eventually tell me I have the maximum qty in my cart (which is empty).  Tried to get to it on a mobile device and it says it can't retrieve the cart.  

Best Buy didn't even bother.  So terrible.  

I had little issues getting one through Wal-Mart.

4d3ebb9c33eca009ead68912e27e7ba3.jpg

Just kept hammering the place order button on Walmart and one finally went through

got a confirmation on walmart...had to submit the order like 5-10 times but finally got one

transaction is showing on the CC

If you had told me a week ago that the PS5 preorder was going to be the smoother of the two, I wouldn't have believed you. I can't tell if everywhere is already sold out, or if all of the websites are just having huge issues. Because it seems like the Microsoft store is having huge issues.

Target is also giving me the your cart has the maximum number on the xbox page then when I go to check out that my cart is empty. Tried on 3 different browsers.

For you guys who got them at Target did you use the website or app.

For those on Target, keep trying to check out, especially if you successfully clicked the preorder button initially.  I eventually got order through and confirmation e-mail after many instances where it said my cart was empty when trying to check out.  (Even though it said my cart was empty, when I would go back and try to preorder, it said I already had maximum quantity in my cart).

Edit: I used website not app.

Target is also giving me the your cart has the maximum number on the xbox page then when I go to check out that my cart is empty. Tried on 3 different browsers.

Website.

got a confirmation on walmart...had to submit the order like 5-10 times but finally got one

transaction is showing on the CC
Dont bank on this. They did the same thing to me on PS5, charged card, sent an email saying they could process payment and cancelled order. I wouldnt order anything at walmart. They also waited until days before launch of other things and cancelled a bunch of preorders.

Had it in my cart at Walmart for at least 10 minutes. Could not complete checkout.

Never even saw it at Amazon.

I think the issue here is they told the bots exactly when to start.  At least with PS5 it kinda caught people off guard.

Website on my pc, i didn't want to mess around with a phone.

For those on Target, keep trying to check out, especially if you successfully clicked the preorder button initially. I eventually got order through and confirmation e-mail after many instances where it said my cart was empty when trying to check out. (Even though it said my cart was empty, when I would go back and try to preorder, it said I already had maximum quantity in my cart).

Edit: I used website not app.
Had the same issue. Order finally went through right now

Dont bank on this. They did the same thing to me on PS5, charged card, sent an email saying they could process payment and cancelled order. I wouldnt order anything at walmart. They also waited until days before launch of other things and cancelled a bunch of preorders.
it is what it is....I imagine they'll have more at some point if it doesn't go thru

That's when It is time to go full "Karen" on their asses.

well i think i got 2.  1 from walmart and 1 from microsoft.

I got an order confirmation e-mail from walmart, nothing from microsoft. The walmart posted on my credit card, nothing from microsoft.

I'll be keeping both for a bit until i can say for sure i got one. 

Keep checking all day and for the next few weeks.  People will be canceling orders just like me. :p

Best Buy does not know what they are doing.  I saw they briefly added a mention about "Microsoft All Access Avaialble"  on the Series X product page.  Then they removed it.  Then they put it back.  

I have one ordered at Target now, I got the 5% Redcard Exclusive coupon to work AND the 5% Redcard discount so I only pay $479.44. I hope they do not cancel on me.

If you had told me a week ago that the PS5 preorder was going to be the smoother of the two, I wouldn't have believed you. I can't tell if everywhere is already sold out, or if all of the websites are just having huge issues. Because it seems like the Microsoft store is having huge issues.
I mean, I figured they’d both be rough. Everyone was saying how much better it was to have a specific date but then that just means everyone knows when to get on and order.

Best Buy does not know what they are doing. I saw they briefly added a mention about "Microsoft All Access Avaialble" on the Series X product page. Then they removed it. Then they put it back.
I clicked it and it takes you to xbox one s lol

Got one on Target despite it continuously saying my cart was empty... Just happened to see an email popup from Target saying my order was confirmed. Checked my orders on my account and it is listed there. See what happens

bread's done
Back