Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone had any experience with preorders or consoles in general from Walmart? Right now my PS5 and Series X are both thru Walmart. Only one I could thru on.

Is there a pre-order link?
Not yet. But Costco's site is notoriously terrible, so if it ever does go live it would be an absolute shitshow. What i mean more is that if you can wait, buy it from them ASAP for the return policy. Initially it was mentioned that Costco would be doing pre-orders today for the system, but that didn't happen, so maybe they'll do them, but closer to release.

What about getting the Xbox Series X has people excited?
Never got a One X myself, so excited to play enhanced versions of a couple of games on Series X instead of a One X basically - Forza Horizon 3/4 and Motorsport 7 mostly.

I did get gamepass on one of the cheap conversion deals so I have that for a year. I'll probably play Dragon Quest XI and Yakuza 7.

I never played FF XIII-2 and Lightning Returns, so since there are X enhanced versions of that, might play those too.

I gave up and got one of the S and X antonline bundles. Only to luck out and get a X from MS soon after. Contemplating whether to get my money back and cancel ant or resell em to get my MS X hella cheap... Kinda pissed that I waited in line at gamestop and they literally only had 5 xboxs for 12 ppl.... Thankfully they came out and mentioned it 30 mins before online went live so I was able to make it back home in time for the online drop.

I think, in general, the industry needs to take a long and hard look at making hot new releases more customer friendly and bot unfriendly after the holiday season. More people obviously are wanting online given Covid, but this is a problem they have been putting off forever, and now the bot arms race is passing them from not being taken seriously. While bot sales are still sales, it leaves a whole lot more unhappy customers.
Wouldn't the simple solution be captchas in the checkout process for hot items like this?

We, as a society, are going to have to accept blame for at least part of the BOT problem. We are enabling the scalpers by paying ridiculous EBAY prices for these items. If the BOTers didn't make money, they wouldn't do what they do. No profit, no effort. I get rich people paying ridiculous sums of money to have something right away. It's not much money to them and they want it now. But, BOTers tend to affect the middle to low class consumers. We empower them to do what they do. However, if we just learned some patience, the BOT problem would go away on it's own.
The reason people pay excessive amounts on eBay is because they have a lot of money and value their time more than the money. I sincerely doubt anyone on this forum is paying marked up prices on eBay, and unfortunately those who do pay those prices aren't coming here to read our thoughts about trying to eliminate price gouging middle men.

You can't compare a mid-generation mini upgrade to a full new console.
Even the original Xbox One and PS4 pre-orders were really easy compared to this. They went live right after their E3 shows and I don't recall if they announced it on the show but either way there were less people to fight with to get an order made. I had mine placed in a minute at Amazon for each console.

This time though... I think we will need a support group for the PTSD this consoles pre-order has given most of us.

I got a Series S from Bestbuy. Went back for a Series X and got caught on the infinite checkout loop for 40 mins, then in showed out of stock at 11:45...

Is there a limit to how many you can buy from microsoft?  Just went back to the site and there was still hone in my cart, im now at the place order screen

Oh wow I did just get one at Best Buy.

As soon as I changed to in store pickup and pressed preorder, it failed like once and I tried again and it added to cart and I checked out without any issue.

If I want the MS warranty, but didn't want to complicate checkout, do I need to add the plan to it once I get the console?

Costco makes 90% of their money on membership fees. It's not a huge loss to them, and if it becomes one, they'll change the policy.

I work there and a couple of my coworkers say that's what they do.
Fun fact: you don't need to be a member to shop at Costco if you have a gift card. Get someone with a membership to buy you a gift card and then they will let you in and you can shop there with it.

Got one through BB. I was able to get it into my cart earlier but would never complete and then went to coming soon. Went back in just now, still in the cart, and had no issues and received email confirmation.

3hrs later. Best buy worked through mobile for me. Couldn't get desktop to go though at the exact same time

Fun fact: you don't need to be a member to shop at Costco if you have a gift card. Get someone with a membership to buy you a gift card and then they will let you in and you can shop there with it.
Correct. But that really only applies to in store purchase. Online does sell to non-members for some items, but you'd think things like this would be member only. With regards to the store, bring a shop card and they'll override the membership requirement. But that means you need to save your receipt as there's no membership connected to the purchase. Even still, as long as you have the receipt, the return will be good.

I was able to grab an X off Target this morning.

Anyone have experience with them to see how they handle pre order deliveries? Is expecting it on release day too optimistic?

bread's done
Back