Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in 3rd party accessories?

The Xbox Series X and S are slated to launch on November 10, and while Microsoft has new controllers on the way to accompany the next-gen consoles, some third-party peripheral makers are launching their own lines of accessories this holiday. Hori USA revealed its new line of controllers, headsets, and other accessories that work with Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.  Click for more info!

The Xbox Series X and S are slated to launch on November 10, and while Microsoft has new controllers on the way to accompany the next-gen consoles, some third-party peripheral makers are launching their own lines of accessories this holiday. Hori USA revealed its new line of controllers, headsets, and other accessories that work with Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC. Click for more info!
Hori makes good stuff, so these don't look bad. What I really want is Microsoft to make that branded controller they did with 8bitdo for Game Pass for Android to work with the consoles. Just for 2D games.

Seeing a few posts on Reddit that people’s Series X orders at Best Buy are being canceled without notification ... so might want to check.

Seeing a few posts on Reddit that people’s Series X orders at Best Buy are being canceled without notification ... so might want to check.
All the ones I have seen have been by people who don't know how authorization holds work. The amount of people using debit cards for something like this is incredible.

The Xbox Series X and S are slated to launch on November 10, and while Microsoft has new controllers on the way to accompany the next-gen consoles, some third-party peripheral makers are launching their own lines of accessories this holiday. Hori USA revealed its new line of controllers, headsets, and other accessories that work with Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC. Click for more info!
Microsoft has been rebranding a lot of existing stuff to just say "Xbox" and 3rd party stuff that says "Xbox One & New Xbox" is already in stores. Not a huge need anything new with so much being forward compatible.

People are managing to secure Xboxes from Target right now.

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x-console/-/A-80790841 - X (Edit2: Preorder button is gone for this one now.)

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-s-console/-/A-80790842 - S

Good luck!

Edit1: If it's not working, I've seen people saying they've had luck by just refreshing until they get lucky. Big YMMV.
That’s how I got one on preorder day. Kept mashing the button until it went through.

So do we know yet if we can use Xbox One battery packs on the Series X? I'm curious if the battery cover will be different or something like that making me want a new one.  I'm debating putting in the preorder but $25 seems like a waste if its the same old thing...

So do we know yet if we can use Xbox One battery packs on the Series X? I'm curious if the battery cover will be different or something like that making me want a new one. I'm debating putting in the preorder but $25 seems like a waste if its the same old thing...
Not on the new controller. The battery area is smaller of the new one. Works the same on the X1 controllers without the share button.

Is there a confirmed list of Series X Enhanced games at console launch? I'm talking about games that are confirmed to have the Series X Enhancements on launch day and not patched in later like Cyberpunk.

I'm at the point where I'm trying to decide what to play first on my Series X when I get it.

Is there a confirmed list of Series X Enhanced games at console launch? I'm talking about games that are confirmed to have the Series X Enhancements on launch day and not patched in later like Cyberpunk.

I'm at the point where I'm trying to decide what to play first on my Series X when I get it.
I saw a tweet earlier that said they would be releasing the list of enhanced games later today.

I saw a tweet earlier that said they would be releasing the list of enhanced games later today.
"We’ll be sharing even more details on every game being fully optimised this holiday for the launch of Xbox Series X|S later this month," commented Greenberg, "as well as showing more gameplay from these titles, so stay tuned for more."

Was finally able to switch my target preorder to my credit card so they can hold and release as much as they like. I really dont like Target or any company constantly in my bank account. Not after all these breaches that have been happening.

hey yall! if i preordered the xbox from microsoft and paid with paypal can i change it to Microsoft account credit?
If you go to the order page (there is a link in your email confirmation) you can change the payment method. They don't actually charge you until it ships.

If you go to the order page (there is a link in your email confirmation) you can change the payment method. They don't actually charge you until it ships.
Can confirm...came here to echo this comment, you can definitely change your payment method.

it only allows me to change from credit card to credit card, no option of MS credit. Anything I'm doing wrong?
I've heard you can't change to account balance without chatting with support. Even then, they might tell you that you have to cancel the order to change it. Don't know if that's changed yet.

I just posted this is the PS5 preorder thread, but figured I'd post it here too since someone might be able to get Target to do this for them with the Xbox:

Big YMMV here, but Target was nice and gave me an extra 10% off on my PS5 preorder.

I started up the online chat, and asked if I could apply the current 10% off Target Circle deal (10% off one Electronics item or video game) to my existing PS5 order. They looked into it, told me that deal isn't valid on the Sony PS5 at all, but that they could give me 10% off anyway just for being a valued customer.

So Red Card brought it down to $475, and then they gave me an extra $47.50 off on top of that. Pretty shocked they did that for me, but I'll happily take it.

Gave it a try myself via their chat, on my PS5 pre-order. I didn't get 10%, closer to 3%, they knocked an extra $15 off. $15 is $15, thanks for the tip.

8125e0xXz4L._AC_UY445_.jpg

I just posted this is the PS5 preorder thread, but figured I'd post it here too since someone might be able to get Target to do this for them with the Xbox:

Big YMMV here, but Target was nice and gave me an extra 10% off on my PS5 preorder.

I started up the online chat, and asked if I could apply the current 10% off Target Circle deal (10% off one Electronics item or video game) to my existing PS5 order. They looked into it, told me that deal isn't valid on the Sony PS5 at all, but that they could give me 10% off anyway just for being a valued customer.

So Red Card brought it down to $475, and then they gave me an extra $47.50 off on top of that. Pretty shocked they did that for me, but I'll happily take it.
Thanks that just worked for me. Saved me 50$ bringing it down to 455 for me with the redcard rebate.

Just received this from gamestop. I ordered one of their xbox series x bundles.

Why was my order delayed?

Unfortunately, there was a delay by the manufacturer for this item. We know you were excited to get your game - we’re excited to ship it to you as soon as it’s available!

Holy sh!t, I just won an Xbox Series X from Taco Bell!  I was going  to cancel my Target preorder and save $475 but now my son thinks he gets one.  Plus it looks like they don't ship prizes until a month or two after the contest ends so Jan or Feb.  First world problems.

Holy sh!t, I just won an Xbox Series X from Taco Bell! I was going to cancel my Target preorder and save $475 but now my son thinks he gets one. Plus it looks like they don't ship prizes until a month or two after the contest ends so Jan or Feb. First world problems.
That's awesome! Congrats

Wow, snagged one at Costco.  Not happy with having to buy a second controller but at least I have a backup in case another pre-order run happens.

Holy sh!t, I just won an Xbox Series X from Taco Bell! I was going to cancel my Target preorder and save $475 but now my son thinks he gets one. Plus it looks like they don't ship prizes until a month or two after the contest ends so Jan or Feb. First world problems.
Not to give any false hope, but many of the previous contests mentions 6-8 week wait but they all got consoles before launch. We won't know until the winning ones ship if that's the case.

Edit: and grats!

Trying this now as I already had 10%-ish off on the Xbox from when they had another coupon running that day.

Took 3 tries but finally got a person willing to do it no questions asked. Wasn't a full $50 because of red card lowering the price, but I'll still take it. Thanks!

I can get the Seagate 1TB expansion card for $112. Is it worth it?
I would use those bonuses on something else. The cost of SSDs will drop significantly in the near future, especially since the new consoles will up production. I figure a significant drop in a year or so, so make do with the built in until then. Use an external for XB1 games, maybe only putting ones you really play often on the main console.

I just ordered mine.  if you have the item in your cart, keep trying.  Even though the page says OOS, it took a half hour of keeping on trying to checkout.  Order went through and was confirmed.  As for when it'll arrive, I have no idea.  You basically save $10 by having to buy an extra controller.  And as I mentioned a while back, their return policy is extremely lenient.

Have they ever mentioned how cross-gen co-op play would work? Maybe it has always been this way and I've never had to think about it before, but say for Far Cry 6 one of us was on XSX and the other on X1X: there are no server restrictions here right? Just P2P smooth-sailing?

bread's done
Back