Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also looking to give up my XSX from Amazon if anyone's interested - I'd rather wait on a MS restock and use my Bing rewards.  Only problem is, although I got in very early on pre-order day, there's still no estimated delivery date.  I'd rather wait and know it'll be there on release before offloading it to someone.

I currently have the Series X and Series S Preordered. Leaning towards the S and cancelling the X because I only play 2K and Madden every year in addition to not having a 4K TV. I'm curious which system you're going with and why.

Anyone have their preorder disappear from MS Store?  I know this happened to some during pre orders but mine always appeared through the check order status link in my email and in my orderhistory.  Now I check today and it says "Order Not Found".  I assume I'm getting the shaft here.

I currently have the Series X and Series S Preordered. Leaning towards the S and cancelling the X because I only play 2K and Madden every year in addition to not having a 4K TV. I'm curious which system you're going with and why.
Why are you yelling? I think that’s even worse than all caps! 😂

Yeah, the Series S makes complete sense for your situation. You can always upgrade later when you need to take advantage of a 4K display.

Still cant find a Series X pre-order. Any word on some final pre-orders or is 3rd party sites my only option currently?
Yeah 3rd party is only option until November 10th when M$ says another batch of consoles will go live but sadly once gone i doubt anymore will be available until way after Christmas unless you're willing to pay eBay prices!

Still cant find a Series X pre-order. Any word on some final pre-orders or is 3rd party sites my only option currently?
Pre-orders are done. At this point it will be launch day fiasco with Best Buy apparently being your best bet. I'd keep an eye online the evening of, as orders for store pickup may open up. Otherwise, GL in line or the hefty surcharge on eBay.

I dont know about pre-orders being done...

There is usually a small drop around the time they start shipping them from orders that were canceled, cc declined, etc.

IT will be a right time right place kind of thing lol

I dont know about pre-orders being done...

There is usually a small drop around the time they start shipping them from orders that were canceled, cc declined, etc.

IT will be a right time right place kind of thing lol
One offs will happen, but there are no more waves coming this close to launch. Anything that becomes available now will just go towards day one allocation.

Question. I’ll be upgrading to the Series X and my kid will get my One X, can we play under same account at the same time or do I have to suck it up and get him his own live account?

Question. I’ll be upgrading to the Series X and my kid will get my One X, can we play under same account at the same time or do I have to suck it up and get him his own live account?
Keep the One X as your home system and then you can both play.

There will be plenty available by Thanksgiving or around Thanksgiving. Holidays too lucrative of a window to not have inventory.
I don’t think there will be plenty available, but they will be available. I don’t think it will be as simple as “walk in a store and buy one” whenever you want.

This is not a normal year.

There will be plenty available by Thanksgiving or around Thanksgiving. Holidays too lucrative of a window to not have inventory.
A $500 console isn't going to be any more lucrative if they hold back stock for BF. It will be better for retailers to sell out in the first week then to promise availability and piss everyone off when it sells out in 2 minutes.

Even in a normal year Black Friday is never designed to sell high volumes of the Hot product for that year. Stores would use something like a new console as a doorbuster to build hype and camp out over night, but normally you’d see something like 20 units per store or less and then a bundle with an older system plus a game to console the majority of customers who missed out on the hot product.

This year will be different because most stores are actively trying to spread out the BF masses and hold online sales. I’m sure there will still be crowds of risk takers and the uneducated on Black Friday, but the sales strategy has definitely shifted in 2020.

It would be the first time in history that a new Xbox console wasn't widely available at retailers on launch week. 

It would be the first time in history that a new Xbox console wasn't widely available at retailers everywhere on launch week.
True, but I can’t recall a year where pre-orders sold out almost immediately and really didn’t resurface until after launch either ... it does seem like console stock has been impacted by the pandemic. In a normal year, you’d see at least a trickle of preorders as people cancelled. This year we’ve seen maybe one or two very limited restocks before launch.

Right, but with most console launches, even if you didn't have a preorder, you could usually camp out and pick one up at launch. Whether that's the case this year remains to be seen, but even if stores do have consoles available for purchase without a reservation on day one, it seems like they will be very hard to come by due to low stock and high demand.

I read that Christmas gift sales are supposed to be exceptionally high this year because parents feel guilty about the impact of the pandemic on their kids and want Christmas to feel "normal." I'm guessing a lot of kids have next gen systems on their wish lists ... although I have a feeling the Switch will actually be a big winner among families due to the combination of affordability and availability.

Right, but with most console launches, even if you didn't have a preorder, you could usually camp out and pick one up at launch. Whether that's the case this year remains to be seen, but even if stores do have consoles available for purchase without a reservation on day one, it seems like they will be very hard to come by due to low stock and high demand.

I read that Christmas gift sales are supposed to be exceptionally high this year because parents feel guilty about the impact of the pandemic on their kids and want Christmas to feel "normal." I'm guessing a lot of kids have next gen systems on their wish lists ... although I have a feeling the Switch will actually be a big winner among families due to the combination of affordability and availability.
Yeah I still remember I scored my 360 on New Years and the only reason I got it that early was because my local Walmart got a random shipment and I happen to be in the store at the time so was super lucky!

I hope it’s not too hard to get a Series X but I’m guessing it will be pretty bad, especially with Covid. I’m ok with waiting though. When all the launch games are available on your current system, it kills the hype a little bit

That’s not true at all, 360 was super hard to find for months after launch
Exactly! Now the Xbox One OG i don't remember if it was rare still by Xmas but i do remember thinking; "i don't care cuz i''m not paying retail for that Kinect turd forced upon us", (well until there was a trade in 3 Xbox 360/PS3 games & get a bonus $25 of in store credit at a regional chain called Hastings, i ran that deal twice a day at 4 different stores everyday for a week so i was able to get a Xbone for almost free & still had $800 left in store credit, i was trading in games that were only worth a dollar or so each in store credit but because of the bonus $25 it was like making FREE MONEY)!

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/287943-hastings-trade-3-games-get-extra-25-credit/page-2

We even had discussions on CAG about this insane Promo!!!

I miss hastings.
Me too, i think i "flipped" easily $10,000 over the 20 years i did "business" with them LoLz!

The other deal i last got from them was with GTA V for Xbone, it was $60 new & normally $50 or $55 used at the time but then it went on sale for $43.xx used and that same week the newest COD was coming out & they were doing a midnight release party on Monday from 9p-12midnight with a 50% off coupon for 1 used game for those 3 hours so it was only $21.xx/copy. I bought all 5 copies they had (just kept going back in the store and going to different cashiers, with other deals previous like this i would sometimes hit other stores too if they had enough stock), then i sold them back to them the next day(s) at $40 a pop so i doubled my $!

Blockbuster had insane trade-in deals like that. Think there was one where you got an extra $10 for trading in 3 games but instead of being one extra $10, it ended up adding $10 for every game. Went in with 3 crappy $1 trade ins. Walked out with $33 in credit.

Except you’d go in with like 12 games...

Blockbuster insane trade-in deals like that. Think there was one where you got an extra $10 for trading in 3 games but instead of being one extra $10, it ended up adding $10 for every game. Went in with 3 crappy $1 trade ins. Walked out with $33 in credit.

Except you’d go in with like 12 games...
Yeah i got in on those too! I miss all the different stores from back in the day like them, Hollywood Video, Curcuit Cty, etc!

But there's still $ to be made! Like with XSX or XSS, should be able to at LEAST double your $ on each preorder so if you prorder 2 but sell 1 for double then you can keep 1 for free! If after Black Friday they still OOS retail then they might sell for triple on eBay & you preorder as many as you can then this could end up being quite the payday!!!!!!! Only time will tell how rare the Series will be!

You're crying in the rain, paley.

Maybe Khans kill people without looking them in the face, but I ain't a fink, dig? You've made your last preorder, kid. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck.

But, truth is... the game was rigged from the start.
Just say no to drugs.

They will need their own account. A single account can't be signed in simultaneously on two different systems.

Keep the One X as your home system and then you can both play.
For game sharing that works to play using one account's digital game licenses (and sharing Live too, I believe), but each person still needs their own account to play on. Singing in on one system will sign it out from the other one.

They will need their own account. A single account can't be signed in simultaneously on two different systems.

For game sharing that works to play using one account's digital game licenses (and sharing Live too, I believe), but each person still needs their own account to play on. Singing in on one system will sign it out from the other one.
They changed that recently thanks to xcloud. You can be signed in on multiple devices now.

They changed that recently thanks to xcloud. You can be signed in on multiple devices now.
I was unaware of that. Thanks for letting me know. However, it looks like they will still need separate accounts, because after looking into what you mentioned, I am seeing that even though multiple device sign in is now possible, you can still only launch games from one device at a time using that single account. But you could play games with xCloud using that account, and someone on the console could have access to that account's movie library, for example.

A $500 console isn't going to be any more lucrative if they hold back stock for BF. It will be better for retailers to sell out in the first week then to promise availability and piss everyone off when it sells out in 2 minutes.
I'm not saying they are going to hold back stock. I'm saying the holiday season is lucrative, it makes or breaks many companies, and MS / Sony are two adults who will have their poop together by then so people like us can snag one.

Some people pointed out the 360 was hard to find ... fair point, but that was some time ago. I'd imagine they have streamlined supply chain issues since. Also, Series X is now a pillar of what MS is doing; that wasn't the case when 360 first debuted.

If this was Nintendo, yes, I'd be concerned.

I was unaware of that. Thanks for letting me know. However, it looks like they will still need separate accounts, because after looking into what you mentioned, I am seeing that even though multiple device sign in is now possible, you can still only launch games from one device at a time using that single account. But you could play games with xCloud using that account, and someone on the console could have access to that account's movie library, for example.
Worthwhile clarifying, the child account can be a free account. Gold and Gamepass work for anyone logged into the home console while the Gold/Gamepass account is signed in elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VOaNmN-hKs

No way is anyone getting this thing inside their actual house.

bread's done
Back