Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when the Microsoft Store would charge me for my Preorder?
MS just charged me today, dumb ass Chase denied the transaction due to "maybe be fraud". Just handled that issue hopefully. My BB order is set and pick up appointment already made. Still waiting on walmart & amazon.

My MS order still shows as 'pending' and no charge on my CC - anyone in same boat?
im in there with you, it has said pending for about a week now. it makes sense though for me because i didnt get an order in during the initial preorder phase, so if they go in order of when the preorder was made, I am sure I would be near the end of the list.

WTF are you going to do with 4 consoles?
If you're asking about me, I have 3 not 4. Target is mine, gotta love the Red Card discount.

Amazon was for a family member, but when I received the email about not getting it on launch, I looked elsewhere. Found one at Costco.

I'm trying to get my paws on either an S or an X for the kids for Christmas. I had one of the All Access ones preordered but GameStop sent a cancellation on it. 

I paid mine off with gift cards so don't know if that matters, but yes my order updated a few days ago.
Yeah, yours is the one I saw. I wasn't doubting you, but just haven't seen anyone else say anything yet.

I guess the question is how quickly you got in your preorder when they went live (since Amazon went live later than the others). I got mine in pretty quick, but it is on credit card so maybe they are indeed waiting on doing auths for those or something. With a gift card, they got the money already. Maybe that is something.

Yeah, yours is the one I saw. I wasn't doubting you, but just haven't seen anyone else say anything yet.

I guess the question is how quickly you got in your preorder when they went live (since Amazon went live later than the others). I got mine in pretty quick, but it is on credit card so maybe they are indeed waiting on doing auths for those or something. With a gift card, they got the money already. Maybe that is something.
According to my email my order was around 11:55 am on 9/22. I used a debit card, I added the gift cards later after I sold my Gears 5 1X and canceled my Cyberpunk CE to get the gift cards back.

According to my email my order was around 11:55 am on 9/22. I used a debit card, I added the gift cards later after I sold my Gears 5 1X and canceled my Cyberpunk CE to get the gift cards back.
Mine is 11:57 on 9/22 and still sits in the "We will email you" status on the delivery date. So it seems like it is related to payment method. It would seem to make sense, given they probably don't charge a card until the order is ready to be picked. But who knows?

Mine is 11:57 on 9/22 and still sits in the "We will email you" status on the delivery date. So it seems like it is related to payment method. It would seem to make sense, given they probably don't charge a card until the order is ready to be picked. But who knows?
I have an 11:52 AM Amazon order with credit card and mine is still in limbo.

I saw that too, people in wario64's feed say they use DHL and they most likely would get here sooner. Still $569 is better than ebay prices if they stay sold out. I have one from Amazon US, but figure others may want to try.
DHL is fucking horrific.

I don’t think I’ve ever preordered a console. I typically just go day 1 and usually get lucky but if I don’t (like when ps4 came out) I’m not too worried about it. I heard a Target employee saying the other day they weren’t allowed to sell anything but preorders on day 1 for the X and ps5. Is this just a Target thing or will no stores get any stock aside from what was preordered?

My amazon order just changed to arriving Tues, Nov 10 by 8pm

Hmmm.  I had it being paid with my southwest visa. It said we will email you when something something something. Went into order details and changed payment method to my amazon prime visa rewards and it changed to arriving nov 10. 

I don’t think I’ve ever preordered a console. I typically just go day 1 and usually get lucky but if I don’t (like when ps4 came out) I’m not too worried about it. I heard a Target employee saying the other day they weren’t allowed to sell anything but preorders on day 1 for the X and ps5. Is this just a Target thing or will no stores get any stock aside from what was preordered?
It's possible they meant they only have enough stock for pre-orders. No way they would hold stock that isn't for pre-orders. MS/Sony wouldn't allow a retailer to not sell consoles at launch if they have them available. That would be stupid.

My MS store order still says Pending (it switched a week or so back). What do people’s orders say when they move into the next phase? Just wondering what I should be looking for.

I paid mine off with gift cards so don't know if that matters, but yes my order updated a few days ago.
attachicon.gif
series x.PNG
This is exactly what I did, and I am getting same status update. Maybe those with credit cards....try buy $50 amazon gift card or something and apply it to your order on amazon. Good luck!!! Hope you get it!

It's possible they meant they only have enough stock for pre-orders. No way they would hold stock that isn't for pre-orders. MS/Sony wouldn't allow a retailer to not sell consoles at launch if they have them available. That would be stupid.
Yep. It's far more likely that they don't even have enough stock to cover preorders then it is that they have extras for people who didn't preorder.

Best Buy will have 3 month ultimate cards for $22 on BF. Half price.

If you are a new subscriber to game pass you could convert 3 years of live to 3 years of game pass for $1. Not sure if they are still running this.
I usually stock up on the 50% off deal each year, I'm worried as GPU becomes more popular they'll stop doing these discounts. $7 a month for Game Pass Ultimate, XBL Gold, GWG, and now xcloud seems too good to be true. These codes also shouldn't expire quickly so if you stock up on them and use them every so often they'll keep the subscription active.

I saw that too, people in wario64's feed say they use DHL and they most likely would get here sooner. Still $569 is better than ebay prices if they stay sold out. I have one from Amazon US, but figure others may want to try.
I imported the Mega Man boxed set for Switch from Amazon JP, since I prefer physical on Nintendo platforms and it was the only way to get a physical copy of Legacy Collection 2. Once the account is set up you can set it to use English for the majority of stuff, although some product names and descriptions won't automatically translate. Setting up the account was the most involved part of it, but ordering was easy and I got my delivery just fine (almost exactly one year ago).

Went online to make an appointment at best buy but now the window doesn't seem to work. I got distracted earlier and wasn't able to finish making the appointment.

However, in listening to the voicemail my store is doing the curbside pickup beginning at 6AM as well. Guess I'll just try that.  

Walmart.com is telling me "Preorder available" "for in-store purchase only" with one store in my area "in stock." Glitch? Or are they taking preorders in-store?

Have a preorder through Target.com. Ive had the range of 11/11 to 11/16 for delivery, called and asked about paying for expedited shipping options I could pay for and unfortunately he said none were available for this order.

He did say to expect an email later this week that will update the shipping and delivery details so hopefully if anyone else was wondering the date gets more solidified.

Have a preorder through Target.com. Ive had the range of 11/11 to 11/16 for delivery, called and asked about paying for expedited shipping options I could pay for and unfortunately he said none were available for this order.

He did say to expect an email later this week that will update the shipping and delivery details so hopefully if anyone else was wondering the date gets more solidified.
Thank you for this

Just got hit with a few sudden charges to my debit card which put me under the amount to pay for the Series X. Any idea when gamestop will charge credit / debit cards for payment for Series X pre orders? Going to go to the bank and deposit some money first thing in the morning but if I get charged tonight and it says insufficient funds and they cancel my pre order im going to rage.

I went to Best Buy and asked an associate if they are getting any Xbox S/X in store on Tuesday and he told me no, well probably I'm getting a Switch and wait for next year.

Not sure why retailers are cutting it close with consoles since pallets of these things have been seen at least a week ago. All I know is I’m expecting to not have my Target order on launch day because they keep shipping SlowEx which is taking a week or two to arrive.  :roll:

I can't believe I have missed this again. and this isn't my first rodeo but damn my luck. I want a series x so bad and it would be my first Xbox too. I always just miss it. Every day and time I have checked since it was announced I always get this feeling I missed it and then when I look it's just sold out. I just have terrible luck I guess. Idk. If anybody wants to sell one or knows where to get one now that would be awesome. Now I am just tired and sad lol oh well...

Best Buy sent me an email this morning titled: "Please review your pre-order information" for my Xbox Series X.

I went to check the order status and the "Make Shipping Changes" option is no longer clickable.

My credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I still take this as a hopeful sign.

Best Buy sent me an email this morning titled: "Please review your pre-order information" for my Xbox Series X.

I went to check the order status and the "Make Shipping Changes" option is no longer clickable.

My credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I still take this as a hopeful sign.
same here. Says ships by nov 10, instead of usual get it by nov 10. So we'll see.

I just got the confirmation email for my appointment to pick up the Series X at Best Buy. I scheduled it last week, so if anyone didn’t receive a confirmation, you might be getting one soon.

Is anyone's Amazon order still not updated yet? Mine is still waiting for an estimated delivery date and curious if it's still a common thing.
It appears the only people that have updated are the ones that paid via Amazon gift card. It makes sense that they can allocate that since they are essentially "the bank" for those. The rest on regular credit cards are probably awaiting when they actually charge your card, which Amazon doesn't do until it gets ready to be picked.

As far as Target, both PS5 and XB1 list arriving the day after release through about 5 days later. They don't reference any kind of release day delivery option for either. But that could change when they get ready to ship, so it is still possible. But, one thing to consider is that I think they use Fedex, and Fedex has the ability for them to designate a delivery day, so don't hope for an early delivery even if they go out early. I've had preorders that sat at the local Fedex center a couple days before they deliver because it has a firm delivery date. And no you can't get them to break it by in person pickup.

bread's done
Back