Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, they better be planning to overnight these things because time's up after today. Weekend is a horrible time to ship since they will just sit until Monday and be far too behind to make it the next day given how distribution works locally. The only sure bet is if you bought this at BB with a scheduled pickup because this shipping delay is a damn joke.
Their warehouses and transportation still operates on the weekends and they do pickups and Saturdays, particularly for the big retailers. Fedex and UPS don't just Fred Flintstone the place when the whistle blows at 5pm on Friday. They just don't do regular endpoint delivery on the weekend (except Saturday, and you usually have to pay extra).

My Series X preorder at Best Buy just shipped this morning and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm in CA. Elite Plus membership.

lol - I tried to cancel my Walmart order 3 days ago - it still says "Cancellation Pending". It just arrived on my doorstep. Guess I'll cancel Amazon instead.

I don’t really care when mine arrive, but I would like to have it. Sold my PS4 and One X and miss playing games. And by playing games, m referring to the hour a week of free time I find to play 😂.

Have an amazon and a target coming (bought one for a cousin to give to her kids for Christmas) and I have an S I can pickup at bestbuy (but I’ll be canceling that order).

For those that don't know, there's two packages for the Xbox Series S/X black controllers.  One comes with USB-C Cable and the other does not.  Both cost $59.99.

For those that don't know, there's two packages for the Xbox Series S/X black controllers. One comes with USB-C Cable and the other does not. Both cost $59.99.
Saw that at target awhile ago. I want that blue one. I’ll stick with the one that comes with it and a white One controller I have until there’s a sale.

I may be going a bit overboard, but called Target.coms customer service again, CSR said they will be shipping out on the 10th or after but they do not have what carrier it will be yet or what kind of shipping.

Not sure if that was an official answer or her just taking guesses to get me off the phone though.

Anyone who got their console early and by chance has a TCL P607, would love to know if you’re able to get everything set up easily. Assuming it has the whole green check thing like the X1X?

Changing the Amazon ship speed does indeed work. I was already at two day shipping but just selected it again, gave me a delivery estimate instantly. Unfortunately not Tuesday but Thursday is fine with me.

I may be going a bit overboard, but called Target.coms customer service again, CSR said they will be shipping out on the 10th or after but they do not have what carrier it will be yet or what kind of shipping.

Not sure if that was an official answer or her just taking guesses to get me off the phone though.
Clueless rep response TBH. They just read the same damn thing we can visibly see on our orders, which state the 11-16th. Even if these shipped tomorrow, a majority of us will not get it on launch day guaranteed now. I would be upset except they did not lie about our delivery dates, as those have always been scheduled for that time frame. That said, it is absolutely ridiculous to me that MS set a release date and clearly failed to meet it. There would be no other explanation for this delay in distribution other than botching their own time frame.

Hey guys, sorry if I’m repeating a question that’s been asked but I haven’t been in this thread for a bit and didn’t see anything going back a few pages. I didn’t really know about the hdmi 2.1 cable until a few days ago and my TV doesn’t support hdmi 2.1. Is there a benefit to still using the 2.1 hdmi cable with a tv that only supports 2.0? If so, I’m probably going to have to buy longer cables than what the system comes with. If there’s no benefit to a 2.1 cable with a 2.0 tv I’ll probably stick with my current cables since they are threaded through the wall to the tv.

Hey guys, sorry if I’m repeating a question that’s been asked but I haven’t been in this thread for a bit and didn’t see anything going back a few pages. I didn’t really know about the hdmi 2.1 cable until a few days ago and my TV doesn’t support hdmi 2.1. Is there a benefit to still using the 2.1 hdmi cable with a tv that only supports 2.0? If so, I’m probably going to have to buy longer cables than what the system comes with. If there’s no benefit to a 2.1 cable with a 2.0 tv I’ll probably stick with my current cables since they are threaded through the wall to the tv.
2.1 cables have more bandwidth, which enables higher refresh rate/resolution combos. That's it. You're fine with a non 2.1 cable unless you have a 2.1 TV and want to be able to do 120FPS@4k (for the rare games that do this).

Anyone else have Walmart console preorders? I have both the PS5 and Series X and both still say “preparing order”. Anyone seen a status change at all from Walmart? Just curious
I have that with my Walmart PS5. Series x is from Best Buy and preparing for pickup on Tuesday”

I’m so confused. Does anybody have Microsoft.con preorders that haven’t been charged yet, but still have an estimated arrival date of the 10th?

bread's done
Back