Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
After my in-store pickup appointment was cancelled at Best Buy (due to the online reservation system being broken, support told me), I called the store today & finally spoke to someone after over 20 minutes of being on hold. I gave my order number & rescheduled the same pickup time before the usual store opening time tomorrow morning. Hoping this will work without a hitch!

Edit: I pre-ordered an Xbox Series X console successfully back in September when they were scheduled to be available to reserve. The main problem I had after that was with the online in-store pickup time-slot system.

Target is showing that it's shipped for me. Target app says the 16th, while FedEx's tracking says the 11th. I guess we'll see.
Just got my Target notification for 16th too - but FedEx doesn't have any info yet so hoping that's the case with mine too.

On the Amazon side of things, just got this

"We're contacting you with an update regarding your order of Xbox Series X. We expect to ship your console in the coming weeks as we receive more inventory in November and December. At this time, we anticipate that you will receive your Xbox Series X by 12/31 or before"

FU AMAZON!

bleh

Hello,

We're contacting you with an update regarding your order of Xbox Series X. We expect to ship your console in the coming weeks as we receive more inventory in November and December. At this time, we anticipate that you will receive your Xbox Series X by 12/31 or before. We are making every effort to get it to you as soon as possible and apologize for any inconvenience.

The Series S weighs 9 pounds, at least that is the shipping weight. the shipping is really weird, it is fed ex standard overnight, delivery tomorrow by 8pm, but it actually shipped from Kentucky on the 5th, went to Tennessee where it bounced around 4 different scans over 3 days, then finally departed this afternoon.

On the Amazon side of things, just got this

"We're contacting you with an update regarding your order of Xbox Series X. We expect to ship your console in the coming weeks as we receive more inventory in November and December. At this time, we anticipate that you will receive your Xbox Series X by 12/31 or before"
Surprised by this, every other retailer has additional stock to sell for tomorrow but Amazon.

The Series S weighs 9 pounds, at least that is the shipping weight. the shipping is really weird, it is fed ex standard overnight, delivery tomorrow by 8pm, but it actually shipped from Kentucky on the 5th, went to Tennessee where it bounced around 4 different scans over 3 days, then finally departed this afternoon.
This was how my Microsoft store order on series X tracked as well. It looks like Microsoft actually didn’t provide FedEx a delivery address until today as well, probably trying to keep it from being delivered earlier than Tuesday but just found that odd.

Amazon seemed to have WAY too many to sell of both systems, although I'm still surprised that happened.

I think Microsoft gets a bit of that F U, especially if they gave Amazon a # to sell on 9/22 and then adjusted that down because of manufacturing shortfalls. Now if Amazon oversold, like they tend to do sometimes? Yes F U for sure lol.

Got the same thing. Very, very crappy.
Yep, I got the "You ain't getting one tomorrow" email as well. Very crappy on Amazon's part to misfire on quantities so badly, and also to wait so long to tell us. I put this on Amazon, because every other retailer seemed to be able to stock correctly. I guess I'll keep an eye on the stores that managed to have enough stock for orders and release day. What are the times? I know Walmart is like 12pm EST.

If the Gamestop orders tonight were just consoles and not bundles I'd probably be down since I have Gamestop credit rn even though I had no intention of getting a Series X anytime soon. Fomo is a hell of a thing

any clue on the gamestop start time tonight?
Probably midnight CST given they're HQ'd in Texas, but who knows? I'm looking at BB myself for additional stock and rewards points but I may just grab whatever I can get.

Yep, I got the "You ain't getting one tomorrow" email as well. Very crappy on Amazon's part to misfire on quantities so badly, and also to wait so long to tell us. I put this on Amazon, because every other retailer seemed to be able to stock correctly. I guess I'll keep an eye on the stores that managed to have enough stock for orders and release day. What are the times? I know Walmart is like 12pm EST.
there's nothing we can do but just suck it up. oh well. guess i will be getting mine AFTER XMAS you dicks.

there's nothing we can do but just suck it up. oh well. guess i will be getting mine AFTER XMAS you dicks.
Yep, complaining to Amazon is like screaming into the wind. Still annoying though. Hopefully Target comes through with my PS5 and maybe I can get lucky at BB or Walmart on the X and then I'll just cancel Amazon. If not I'll just wait it out.

so is there anywhere i should try buying online at midnight or tomorrow morning?

It'd be hilarious if Amazon took orders at midnight tonight.
Amazon taking orders (which I expect they will actually do) will be a real dick punch and will really piss off a lot of people.

so is there anywhere i should try buying online at midnight or tomorrow morning?

It'd be hilarious if Amazon took orders at midnight tonight.
Target will have them online for store pick up. Stock checker shows about 10 per store. Should go live anywhere from 1 to 8am.

Gamestop will most likely only have the $900 plus bundle, Walmart at 12pm

And some gamestop stores might get a few.

Target will have them online for store pick up. Stock checker shows about 10 per store. Should go live anywhere from 1 to 8am.

Gamestop will most likely only have the $900 plus bundle, Walmart at 12pm

And some gamestop stores might get a few.
Lol, if Target still hasn't shipped mine and has one sitting on a shelf for pickup, I know exactly what I'm doing tomorrow. Wish they had just let us order for store pickup to begin with. :S

My Amazon order just shipped and is set to be delivered tomorrow :D
No one likes you.

😂

I honestly don’t care that my amazon order got delayed. It’s a Christmas present. But to send out the email to people TODAY with a stupid ass “we expect it to arrive by dec 31” is a seriously low blow.

No one likes you.

I honestly don’t care that my amazon order got delayed. It’s a Christmas present. But to send out the email to people TODAY with a stupid ass “we expect it to arrive by dec 31” is a seriously low blow.
Yeah that is pretty low of Amazon do to that. Pretty much, oh hey congrats on your order btw uhh enjoy it after Christmas.

Also not to rub salt in the wound, I got shipping con on my XBSX from Amazon as well lol.

I think the people that got the email about Dec 31 will probably get it earlier. Amazon use to do this and usually if they get more they ship them out earlier.

My Series S from Bestbuy says....preparing..will ship tomorrow.  Not sure if I am even going to keep it.  Rumor has it....Bestbuy lost 23,000 consoles in shipping.  Gamestop lost some too.

Was coming here to bitch about Target still saying I won’t get mine until next week when I ordered within 30 minutes of it going live but seeing how Amazon is fucking some of you over I feel bad complaining.

Ugh...Sam's Club joining in on the disappointment.

We are working hard to get your pre-order to you! Due to constraints with our shipping partners, we are expecting slower than normal shipping times. The estimated revised delivery date for your XBOX All Digital Console(s) is 11/27/20. If you’re unsatisfied with your delivery date, you can return the product online or at any local Club for a full refund once it arrives.

All mine have shipped: (none for resale)

Microsoft via FedEx

Best Buy via UPS

Target via FedEx Smartpost

Costco via UPS

All scheduled between the 10th and 12th

bread's done
Back