Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
received_407704617098614.jpeg

received_368333857758734.jpeg

IMG_20201110_171713_293.jpg

Anyone else get theirs from Amazon with a package thats very damaged and they didn't pack the inside very well. 16050504748166690035658113323553.jpg
Just picked mine up from Walmart the box was also in not the best shape. Wouldn’t worry about it man. The only moving parts are the disk drive and fan. You should be fine. Also Microsoft boxed that thing up nicely. Sony kind of threw the ps5 in a box like shit.

I have a pre-order on Amazon that is still awaiting a shipping date, but the order was placed within minutes of going live on Sept 22nd... if anyone wants it PM me, otherwise I'm cancelling it.

There a way to start the upgrade of an already installed game without putting in the disc or starting it?  I copied the games from the external drive, but rather play something on disc instead of swapping them around for a bit.

received_407704617098614.jpeg

received_368333857758734.jpeg

IMG_20201110_171713_293.jpg

Anyone else get theirs from Amazon with a package thats very damaged and they didn't pack the inside very well. 16050504748166690035658113323553.jpg
My PS4 came like that and was in a huge box with no bubble wrap. The thing had a broken HDMI port. Had to wait about 3 weeks to get it fixed but they refunded me 20%. Amazon used to be all I used but it’s a rarity anymore.

There a way to start the upgrade of an already installed game without putting in the disc or starting it? I copied the games from the external drive, but rather play something on disc instead of swapping them around for a bit.
For the X|S optimized games when I click the start/hamburger button I get an option that says “Upgrade Now” to queue the download.

The controller felt very nice m like old lunar white. What game did everyone play? I am waitign for yakuza to come in tomorrowI freaking forgetn to do a backup on forza 7 and forza horizon 4 before i sold my one x lol.

So finally verdict

Worst Buy never shipped today
Target finally got picked up but no clue on an ETA
I'm also disappointed in Best Buy. It shipped today, but UPS changed the delivery to Thursday. Not sure how much control Best Buy had over this, but it sure feels like they could have handled it differently. My Microsoft store purchase was delivered timely today.

The way my Amazon order was shipped, it looked like the inner flaps were holding the Xbox in place, at least to an extent.  The outer box was very mildly dented, but nothing major at all and nothing out of the ordinary imo.

Supposed to get my Amazon order today but it's after 5pm and the tracking doesn't even show it out for delivery yet.

Anyone ever have a delivery still show up even though it's not said out for delivery after 5pm?

Also does Amazon do anything about late deliveries anymore? Usually I don't care but this has me a bit annoyed.
I had one item show up almost 10 once. Plenty after 8. East coast with distribution center probably 30-40 miles away.

With the delays and issues it's almost like we're in the middle of a global shitshow and doubly chaotic in the US. Tranquilo.

I got my xbox series x around noon today from fedex via GameStop. I haven't been charged yet for the console but I imagine that will happen by the morning... 

Did anyone who buy Xbox bundle from anyone get shipped ?
My wife apparently set aside today to buy a bunch of stuff online. I've had like 5 ship notifications from USPS and Fedex today. Every time I get excited and realize its just some lady bullshit and not video games.

Xbox bundle was just ordered today to I didnt expect it to ship. PS5 preorders also havent moved, bundles or otherwise.

The controller felt very nice m like old lunar white. What game did everyone play? I am waitign for yakuza to come in tomorrowI freaking forgetn to do a backup on forza 7 and forza horizon 4 before i sold my one x lol.
I had not played Gears 5 yet, only 4 a while back. I figured since it was upgraded try that first. Oh man, playing that in 4k HDR 60fps with max settings was freaking insane. Then popping out to a game of Battletoads was so quick.

Oh and just so everyone knows, I tried the XB1 Play and Charge kit battery in the new controller.  It does not work (beyond just the change to USB-C).  It fits, but the light just comes on then goes off.  And I know the charge on the battery was good because I put it back in the old controller and it worked..

So far I am impressed how smooth the Xbox SX is...playing the new Yakuza game on it. It's loading is so fast I don't have time to read the in between loading screen texts lol. 

I've got a ton of updates I'm waiting to do at work tomorrow but loaded up Monster Hunter World and dang it runs silky on the resolution mode and the load times will make the grind for my last 3 large crowns a little less painful.

Oh and just so everyone knows, I tried the XB1 Play and Charge kit battery in the new controller. It does not work (beyond just the change to USB-C). It fits, but the light just comes on then goes off. And I know the charge on the battery was good because I put it back in the old controller and it worked..
My series X controller works just fine using both my XB1 play and charge batteries. MS even left a comment on a BB question stating that just the cable needs to be updated to USB C.

My series X controller works just fine using both my XB1 play and charge batteries. MS even left a comment on a BB question stating that just the cable needs to be updated to USB C.
I'll try again, but it sure didn't seem to work. I even put it back in the old controller to double check if the battery was charged and ok.

My wife apparently set aside today to buy a bunch of stuff online. I've had like 5 ship notifications from USPS and Fedex today. Every time I get excited and realize its just some lady bullshit and not video games.

Xbox bundle was just ordered today to I didnt expect it to ship. PS5 preorders also havent moved, bundles or otherwise.
I see. My Xbox bundle still haven't shipped mine. I hope they will ship it asap....

I was able to get the Series X ALL ACCESS with Gamestop yesterday. My last experience with Microsoft was the original XBOX from 2001 so I have not played any XBOX exclusives really since then. I moved from XBOX to Playstation 3 when I found it harder to find older XBOX games late in the console life cycle in comparison to the PS2 (Gamestop had tons of pre-owned PS2 game inventory compared to XBOX). I figured the PS3 was a better investment longer term in case the 360 games would be phased out similarly quicker than the PS3 games. PS4 was and still is a great system and I have a backlog I will never finish but thankfully it can be played on PS5, which I have pre-ordered.

Would you guys recommend the play and charge kit? I kinda like that I can just rotate between 2 controllers (let one charge while using a freshly charged one) on the PS4 without dealing with batteries. Would buying 2 of these play and charge kits accomplish the same thing on XBOX X?

Also, besides Halo and Fable what are your favorite XBOX exclusives?

Thanks and good luck to everyone still searching. I had pretty much told myself I would stick to just the PS5 but when I saw the Wario64 tweet yesterday I made the impulse FOMO buy lol.

Anyone see anything from Costco?  Ordered last month. Says delivery tomorrow on Costco site and ups app but both site also say order processed ready for ups and label created ups has not received package. Last update was over 24 hours ago. 

My Target order from last night has a fed ex label being printed. I got my order in at 12:42 am. Thanks for the heads up last night.

Would you guys recommend the play and charge kit? I kinda like that I can just rotate between 2 controllers (let one charge while using a freshly charged one) on the PS4 without dealing with batteries. Would buying 2 of these play and charge kits accomplish the same thing on XBOX X?
Make your choice, either play and charge kits of some kind(I used the Insignia ones for at least 5 years) or rechargeables. I moved to eneloops so I'll have for my controllers and for a new smart deadbolt. You can also plug the controller in wherever with play and charge. I've got usb in my couch and it was normal to plug it in weekly or so.

FYI on play and charge kits...

My Xbox One kit died about 3-4 years. Battery would die after an hour or less of gaming.

Like somebody else said, I'd invest in an Eneloop charger and battery kit, that way you have a steady rotation of batteries.

I was able to get the Series X ALL ACCESS with Gamestop yesterday. My last experience with Microsoft was the original XBOX from 2001 so I have not played any XBOX exclusives really since then. I moved from XBOX to Playstation 3 when I found it harder to find older XBOX games late in the console life cycle in comparison to the PS2 (Gamestop had tons of pre-owned PS2 game inventory compared to XBOX). I figured the PS3 was a better investment longer term in case the 360 games would be phased out similarly quicker than the PS3 games. PS4 was and still is a great system and I have a backlog I will never finish but thankfully it can be played on PS5, which I have pre-ordered.

Also, besides Halo and Fable what are your favorite XBOX exclusives?

Thanks and good luck to everyone still searching. I had pretty much told myself I would stick to just the PS5 but when I saw the Wario64 tweet yesterday I made the impulse FOMO buy lol.
welcome to game pass. it works like netflix, you spend all your time browsing the selection and not actually committing to anything. with EA play added the selection just doubled. enjoy!

My launch day bundle from Gamestop updated to preparing to ship. This was ordered monday night as they went live. No tacking number yet for it or my PS5 bundle, but both are in ship prep. 

Did anyone else’s Xbox arrive dented? The box was fine except for a nice dent on the bottom, which actually went through from the exterior cardboard box it was shipped in, to the bottom of the Xbox box. Luckily, the inside of the Xbox box is heavily padded and it appears this did not go through to the inside. Hopefully it’ll be okay.

[attachment=34902:32A7A2D0-DB22-4832-A95D-8B5C48903C86.jpeg]

Just thought I'd post that my Amazon XSX shipped overnight with an Amazon tracking ID.  It says it will be here tomorrow but I'm holding out hope it arrives today.  Not sure if this helps, hurts or incites rage.  I just thought I'd post it.

Imagine how much less bandwidth they would need right now if they had let us get the Series X optimized patches on our One X last week.
indeed.... Since other games haven't arrived yet, I wanted to try Gears 5... "Oh, it's downloading the full game to internal memory". Stopped it and copied the old on from the external to internal storage. Update...." Wait, it's still a 71GB download?" Seems like a whole new game download, not an upgrade to an existing game. Needless to say, no series x play for me last night :(

welcome to game pass. it works like netflix, you spend all your time browsing the selection and not actually committing to anything. with EA play added the selection just doubled. enjoy!
The irony in this is the only game I've bought all year, other than TLOU 2 actually (still haven't played), is AC Valhalla and that's the one I'm playing right now lol.

UPS dropped of my XSX and extra controller from Costco. $540 and only a day after launch.
Did you pay for the express shipping? I didn't, and I and apparently a bunch of people got tracking numbers a couple days ago, but it hasn't updated at all. Mine says it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but I've gotten no updates from the tracking #.

Has anyone who placed orders Monday night through Microsoft had their orders change from pending / December 23 to shipping? I know it's only been 36 hours but I'm feeling pretty impatient now.

Not relevant, but your Orestes reference made me smile...that's my favorite perfect circle song :)
Seconded, I was obsessed with Mer De Noms way back when.

Has anyone who placed orders Monday night through Microsoft had their orders change from pending / December 23 to shipping? I know it's only been 36 hours but I'm feeling pretty impatient now.

Seconded, I was obsessed with Mer De Noms way back when.
No change to estimated ship date. Ordered a controller with the XSX and got a tracking number for it yesterday, was excited until I looked at the order. XSX still pending with 12/23 estimate.

bread's done
Back